AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:30 am

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Gandalf wrote:The fact that he can only be scum if he's the SK doesn't mean he's not scum. What you guys are doing is essentially AtP.
No that’s not happening. At all. Do
YOU
know what an Appeal to Probability is? An Appeal to Probability is saying “The odds that the Town Cop scanned a Miller Day 1 and a Godfather Day 2 are so slim it couldn’t have happened!!!” (taken directly from a game situation.?

You are shouting “SD’s reaction means he is a Serial Killer”.

Everyone is effectively saying “No, it means he may be a 3rd party role”

Do you have anything that indicates that a Serial Killer must be in the set-up other than your gut?

If the answer is No then don’t bother banging that drum again. No-one is really going to care until there is more to go on.
Isn't there some ridiculous tell where early signs of SK hunting probably lead to an SK?

ooba wrote:
AGar wrote:
ooba wrote:L-2 if I've counted right ..

Claim time !!
L-2 = claim time?

Since when?
Barely any difference between L-2 and L-1 in a large game on D1 .. Saves time and speeds up things ..
L-1 should not equal auto-claim, in any game.

L-1 with intent to hammer is when claims should be rising out of the woodwork. There is plenty to be gained from a wagon that steams ahead to L-1 without a claim, it just takes a bit more of a brain than half the people here care to use it seems. Considering there is a competing wagon on diddin, and there are other suspicions flying around similarly, there is no reason to demand a claim at L-2. (BS is at L-1 now, for those keeping score at home).
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

AGar wrote:Isn't there some ridiculous tell where early signs of SK hunting probably lead to an SK?
Not sure about that. My understanding is present thinking runs along the following lines – early game SK hunting as opposed to Mafia hunting is more likely to come from Mafia than Town. Something about not wanting to be worried about a wild-card killing your team off.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:42 am

Post by AGar »

Hm.

Problem is I think Gandalf is way too stupid to be scum AND have no votes on him by opportunistic bussing buddies, y'know?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:Isn't there some ridiculous tell where early signs of SK hunting probably lead to an SK?
Not sure about that. My understanding is present thinking runs along the following lines – early game SK hunting as opposed to Mafia hunting is more likely to come from Mafia than Town. Something about not wanting to be worried about a wild-card killing your team off.
This is true. ITS ALSO TRUE THAT IF WE LYNCH AN SK WE GET RID OF ONE KILL PER NIGHT

SOMETHING THAT WOULD USUALLY TAKE 3-4 CORRECT LYNCHES
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 am

Post by AGar »

gandalf5166 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
This is true. ITS ALSO TRUE THAT IF WE LYNCH AN SK WE GET RID OF ONE KILL PER NIGHT

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S SK?

HOW ARE YOU SO SURE?

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

AGar wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S SK?

HOW ARE YOU SO SURE?
BECAUSE

HIS ACTIONS MAKE NO SENSE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF ANYONE WHO CAN STILL WIN AFTER THEY DIE

AND HIS "HURR DURR WHAT IF I CALIMED SURVIVOR" CONFIRMS THAT THATS NOT IT

SO HES EITHER SK OR SOME OTHER WEIRD THIRD PARTY THAT WORKS WEIRD
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Gandalf, for the last time: I am not an an SK. And your damn insistence on that paranoia does not make half the sense you want it to. Blind setup speculations before even N1 has happened are as useful as a wiper on a submarine.
And even if you really believe that stuff you're excreting all the time you should have realized that a me lynch is out of question and that there are actual scum in this game that you should care for.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Gandalf, for the last time: I am not an an SK. And your damn insistence on that paranoia does not make half the sense you want it to. Blind setup speculations before even N1 has happened are as useful as a wiper on a submarine.
And even if you really believe that stuff you're excreting all the time you should have realized that a me lynch is out of question and that there are actual scum in this game that you should care for.
You are fucking scum of some fucking type. There is no way that your posts are coming from town. I don't give a shit if there's only one kill tonight. Maybe you're a lyncher, or you have some mechanic related goal(Gollum, anybody?), but you ARE FUCKING SCUM.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 am

Post by ooba »

gandalf5166 wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Gandalf, for the last time: I am not an an SK. And your damn insistence on that paranoia does not make half the sense you want it to. Blind setup speculations before even N1 has happened are as useful as a wiper on a submarine.
You are fucking scum of some fucking type. There is no way that your posts are coming from town. I don't give a shit if there's only one kill tonight. Maybe you're a lyncher, or you have some mechanic related goal(Gollum, anybody?), but you ARE FUCKING SCUM.
- Given the fact that SD is under so much scrutiny right now, there's no way that he'd survive till the end of the game as third party
- He constantly keeps hinting that his super will confirm his town status in some way so lets see how that pans out
- You've made your point - By harping more on SD (a lynch which is not going to happen on D1), all you're doing is distracting us from figuring out who we need to lynch now ..
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Baby Spice »

chesskid3 wrote:Image
QFT.

But since MoI seems to be keen to retroactively change what his beef was about, and incapable of reading threads ...

With something like two or three pages preceeding refering to LC as Chronos, it is an easy mistake to make. Especially as at least one other has admitted to making it.

Iec. SA3 is a bad example to quote.
In that game I was trying to be a lead wagon a lot of the time, without being lynched, so the cult team had a chance at grave dust as if you remember the town wanted the leading wagons to do the grave robbing.
What should be mentioned/investigated is the difference in MoI from that game to this one. In SA3 he was town.

Oh, for Plums benifit, my role name is in different colours. Many different colours.
Iris, goddess of rainbows.

(Oh, my role PM had a correction sent to me, specifically adding that I was aligned with the greek pantheon. I assumed being a greed goddess that I was anyway and never questioned or noticed that the line was missing. Combine that with SD's reaction to Charon's message and SD is def not town.)
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

Wasn't he planning to go Murderer in SA3? I remember him having funny insanities when he was lynched.

Nothing wrong with the name claim.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

Post by ooba »

Baby Spice wrote:Oh, for Plums benifit, my role name is in different colours. Many different colours.
I like the multicolored role name bit .. Normal power please ..
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ooba wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:Oh, for Plums benifit, my role name is in different colours. Many different colours.
I like the multicolored role name bit .. Normal power please ..
I don't see how that's going to help.

BS is obv town can we like not force a whole bunch of claims today kthx?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also can we get a replacmeent for RoTN lastpost 6days ago?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 am

Post by quadz08 »

ooba wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote: You are fucking scum of some fucking type. There is no way that your posts are coming from town. I don't give a shit if there's only one kill tonight. Maybe you're a lyncher, or you have some mechanic related goal(Gollum, anybody?), but you ARE FUCKING SCUM.
- Given the fact that SD is under so much scrutiny right now, there's no way that he'd survive till the end of the game as third party
- He constantly keeps hinting that his super will confirm his town status in some way so lets see how that pans out
- You've made your point - By harping more on SD (a lynch which is not going to happen on D1), all you're doing is distracting us from figuring out who we need to lynch now ..
QFT. Seriously. Shut up, Gandalf.

Also, what ooba said (again) about BS' claim. I want to hear her normal power.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think BS looks pretty good unless the fakeclaims in this game come in the form of "full" PM fakeclaims. That, or BS is a clever enough scum that I'd be willing to let her live a few days on principle.

Do we know scum daytalk status? That would be a significant interfering factor.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

Rules wrote:II) All groups with Quicktopics (QTs) will be able to converse during the NP.
It looks like the rules imply no.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Baby Spice wrote:(Oh, my role PM had a correction sent to me, specifically adding that I was aligned with the greek pantheon. I assumed being a greed goddess that I was anyway and never questioned or noticed that the line was missing. Combine that with SD's reaction to Charon's message and SD is def not town.)
I am just curious: What does Charon supposedly forgeting a line your role PM have to do with my reaction on his rule change and my reaction to it leading you to the conclusion I was not town?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am

Post by quadz08 »

Chess wrote:I don't see how that's going to help.

BS is obv town can we like not force a whole bunch of claims today kthx?
No.
Iece wrote:I think BS looks pretty good unless the fakeclaims in this game come in the form of "full" PM fakeclaims. That, or BS is a clever enough scum that I'd be willing to let her live a few days on principle.
Fuck no.
SD wrote:I am just curious: What does Charon supposedly forgeting a line your role PM have to do with my reaction on his rule change and my reaction to it leading you to the conclusion I was not town?
Surprisingly, yes.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Quadz

Hey Ieceeeeeeeeeee
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 am

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Quadz

Hey Ieceeeeeeeeeee
No.

And no, BS isn't "obvtown." I want to see her active as well.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

Post by diddin »

Iecerint wrote:Although --

diddin, is there a reason you identified several people as scummy-by-way-of-dekes, but never really pressured dekes himself?
I feel that the people who sheeped Dekes are more likely to be scum than Dekes himself.

BS needs to power claim.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

What is a power claim going to do for you

what if she claims
tracker
watcher
cop
1-shot bp
neighborizer

what good does it do

ITS A NO VANILLA GAME FOJIDSIFJIODFJISDFJSODIFJSIOFJSFODSIFJSDF
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 am

Post by LordChronos »

Iecerint wrote:I think BS looks pretty good unless the fakeclaims in this game come in the form of "full" PM fakeclaims. That, or BS is a clever enough scum that I'd be willing to let her live a few days on principle.

Do we know scum daytalk status? That would be a significant interfering factor.
Why does the Iris name claim make her not scum exactly?
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Your word is my command.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quadz