GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Grey wrote: What parts do you think need answering? Can you rephrase them into actual questions?
-">implying I didn't just do this for you"= Not sure
precisely
what RC is saying since I'm too lazy to look at context right now but why did you try to leech off of RC's case for why Kcda is town?
-">implying we didn't already discuss this" = Why did you try to restart the "Chrono is town" case when it was already discussed?
-">implying I base my scumhunting on "who could be partners with who" on D1 of a closed setup when there have been no flips" = Should be fairly obvious: Why did you assume that RC based his D1 reads off of who possible partners are rather than whos acting scummy, especially since no one flipped yet?
- Didn't
- What? I want to lynch Chrono. I have for pages and pages.
- RC didn't seem to even consider if any of the partnerships he suggested made any sense. That's pretty strange, to say the least.

So yeah. It was fucking nonsense, and you should feel bad for repeating it.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

DB9:

BULLSHIT.

once or twice i put gut reason down on my reads. other times i HAD reason.

WAY TO MISREP.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Exe »

Doombunny wrote:I'm sorry for assuming that you can make conclusions on why something is scummy yourself rather than having to spell it out.
This is the scum's favorite tool though. It's MUCH safer to point out something that might be interpreted as suspicious, and then follow up on OTHERS' interpretations of it, rather than calling it suspicious from the get-go.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Grey wrote:- What? I want to lynch Chrono. I have for pages and pages.
I can see where I may have caused my confusion. You asked RC why he thought Chrono was town, RC said he already discussed this. What we want to know is why you tried to bring up something that was already discussed.
Grey wrote:- RC didn't seem to even consider if any of the partnerships he suggested made any sense. That's pretty strange, to say the least.
I don't recall that he ever suggested any partnerships. He only suggested that 'X is scummy because of Y'. I reiterate, why would you try to plug together people as being in a relationship before there are any flips?
Kcda wrote:DB9:

BULLSHIT.

once or twice i put gut reason down on my reads. other times i HAD reason.

WAY TO MISREP.
Let's see... We have Trow, Amrun, Exe (Somewhat), and a few other reads at various points in the game which you didn't really explain (Whether or not they're because of gut or not, it still seems the same as just arbitrarily throwing people in categories as lazyscum/Scum that can't find any strong evidence)). I may have over-exaggerated a bit but I thought that was fairly obvious that you didn't literally have half your people as just gut. Eh, I blame the internets. While in most games I've played in most people have one or two strong gut reads across the whole game, you seem to have 3 (or more) in just one day which seems like a lot by comparison.
Exe wrote: This is the scum's favorite tool though. It's MUCH safer to point out something that might be interpreted as suspicious, and then follow up on OTHERS' interpretations of it, rather than calling it suspicious from the get-go.
Yes, I'll be sure to explain why lurking is scummy every time someone does it :roll:

In all seriousness, I did say that I didn't like his posts (which is just on of my ways of saying they're scummy) but I'll be sure to be more explicit to avoid confusion.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Are you suggesting that the scum are on different teams Doombunny?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by smargaret »

KCD, after all this talk - and you and Amrun have been major focuses for at least part of it - you can't summon up any more than "gut" to justify your town read?

I'm back to calling a KCD/Amrun scumpair. I think the initial townread was an overreaction to my accusation of distancing, and that now KCD is trying to back away from that as well. Their interactions just don't seem genuine.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Can you point me to a few posts that suggest to you this is one of those scum-scum ballets?

(to clarify: I have a strong town read on you, but I think this theory is batshit)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

(and yes the strong townread is new. Deal with it)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

More buddying language from DB9. Look, for those of you not voting to move to the next stage of the game, may I ask why? From what I read, there are a lot of strong reads and we can gauge more about the players as well as the setup after going through the whole lynch process. A lot of this seems to be devolving into circle-talking.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.9

LYNCH (4/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9
NO LYNCH (9): MrTrow, Chronopie, RedCoyote, smargaret, Amrun, Tragedy, RangeroftheNorth, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Deadline for Discussion Phase is 30.04.2011, 19:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:20 am

Post by imaginality »

I suppose it's been over Easter so it's not entirely fair to call people out for absence but MrTrow and RangeroftheNorth both need to chime in sometime soon. I want to see a current suspects list from both of them and from Tragedy, too.

Amrun's also been absent for a while. (In her case, I half-wonder whether the focus being on her vs Kcdaspot is tempting her to be quiet and hope Kcdaspot looks bad enough that he gets nominated rather than her, or at least lynched rather than her.) I was going to say Kcdaspot has gone above Amrun in my list of suspects, but then I noticed she hasn't been around.

Chronopie is still my preferred lynch at this point.

The recent Doombunny9 vs GreyICE discussion reads town vs town to me. Exe is still obvtown.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Amrun »

It's Easter and finals week. If I get lynched for a bit of absence, so be it. Like I said, though, it's highly unlikely I'm lynched today even if I'm nominated. Why everyone is ignoring that is beyond me.

smargaret, you never LEFT calling kcda/Amrun a scumpair. And why HIS wishy-washy reads mean I'm scum is beyond me. It doesn't even make sense. And doombunny is right about this: there haven't been any flips yet. Calling pairs with such surety is just silly.

VOTE: Lynch
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

We should have town consensus who will end up there.

Imagine the grid is like:
Ranger of the North

Amrun

Kcdaspot

Top 2, if it were all townies would be RotN/Amrun
But scum put all 3 scum in bottom, so it becomes Amrun/kcda.

So before we go to there, I think everyone should state their top 3 in order. That way if someone unexpected percolates up, we know what's happening is scum driven.

Right now my top 3:
Ranger of the North
Chronopie
MrTrow

Amrun and Kcdaspot get a pass on activity levels from me. I'll be putting them nice and low to keep them out of the top 2. Anyone who contributes posts in the mid-60s day 1 gets a pass in favor of the guy posting 6-7 unless they're OBVIOUS. If you think this means you can get a day 1 pass by contributing interesting content in large amounts day 1, yes, yes it does. Please do so if you're scum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Amrun »

Kcdaspot
Ranger of the North
Chronopie
smargaret (if I had a 4th)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Exe »

Chrono
Ranger
Doom
Amrun
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 am

Post by GhostWriter »

My list has not changed, I believe. On a phone at work, so not going back to look for it. Also, placing a person 8th is the same as placing them 3rd in so far as them being nominated, right? It counts for voting, correct? I assume this because it's the only way I can see any of the time travel stuff working. Lists take effect after events are altered in the past, so we don't have to bother redoing days manually.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:04 am

Post by MrTrow »

Ok i`m finally caught up:

list (in order from scum to town):
Amrun: a lot of ' :shifty: no i didn`t :shifty: ' isn`t giving a good feel (however this can be the 'just an easy lynch'-part)
things that i do consider relevant though:
- You used the 'why are we both on the scumlist if we`re not both scum' quite often for someone who agrees on the 1-1-tradeoff is a good thing.
- can`t find the clues you left to RC (and scum), care to explain?
- this:
Amrun wrote:That updated read post bumped smarg up to my #1 scumread, to me implying she knows I will flip town, and at the very least, backing away from her "distancing" theory, her only assertion in the game.

That is rich coming from you, though, Grey. Your more subdued aggression is making me doubt you, but my scumread on me smarg makes you town for now.

P-edit: so it's possible I'm town, now?
- missed the corresponding 'if'?
- How does Smargaret-scum result in GreyICE-town?
- Why do you consider GI town based on the above, only a day after you agreed on 1-1 tradeoffs being a good thing?

Chrono: nothing to add on this matter. Opening post was good, rest is terrible: last chance call seconded (don`t expect it will convince enough people though)
I do have 1 'setup speculation'-question: your assumption- the mafia`s power lies in the number of time-machines is based on 'what'? (i don`t see how having more timemachines makes the mafia that much stronger)
The rest of this 'probable semi-last chance' should probably not be setup-based.

GreyICE: Doesn`t provide much reason behind his reads.
Quite actively avoids giving them actually ('page 4 bookmark it','i have my reasons').
against putting TvS on top 2 (to the point where dayvigging those who disagree becomes an argument).
The point of 'how was it preplanned', is also quite weird as the conflict started in confirmation phase a full day before the actual start of the game.
between 'the joke that started it all' and the actual start of the game, amrun posted 9 times, Kcda 12: it didn`t have to be preplanned.

The last reason to not nominate Amrun/Kcda strikes me as off.
Although the reason is quite good, it does provide a way to keep the biggest discussion completely out of the vote + if getting content out of everyone was the objective, this argument should have been made around game-start.

The 'if all suspects are easy lynches: check again' argument had me sold on town-greyice earlier: but now i`ll have to agree on 'scum with Amrun/Kcda' is a reasonable possibility

KcdaSpot:
Attacking GreyICE for defending him and Amrun, while he`s been going by that defence for uhm... the entire game.
Why?

Ranger:I liked the RQS-shootdown, didn`t see that much else to comment on
The late 'hop on the wagon'(while under pressure) perhaps.

Tragedy: hard to read, some strange choices of words. very small scum-read.
e.g. #65 poor town.

Doombunny: My issues with the RQS are already pretty clear.
However the responses to 'my case', i liked:
- no attempts to ignore the point completely (which is quite easy to do when 'up against' a poster as frequent as myself (i`ll do better from now on) )
- didn`t get a scum-vibe from the 'reactions under pressure'.

RedCoyote: I like the structured aproach and the 'not letting go @ Amrun', the 'burden of hving a title to your name' however makes me want to 'relocate' the null-bar.
Pushing mist towards replacement on the other hand does this (scum would want a townie or 2 not paying attention at all). unless (mist)imag flips scum RC is town to me

Mist:hard(near impossible) to read + Imaginality: the biggest thing to go on is his opening-list, i might get into that list later, but the smargaret-read caught my eye:
- The 'in reading the thread- not looking so good': true (at least true enough to leave as a mislynch), going into iso to clear a (non-obvious potential) mislynch, is not something i would consider pro-scum. So far I like

Smargarat: very little to add here
only the flip-clarification-request:
If that was role-specific, the question would probably have been asked by PM, to scum 'info upon death' is always role-specific. Leaning town.

Ghostwriter: Active hunting + not afraid to admit he`s willing to lynch town for the greater good

Exe:
well what`s there to say?
doesn`t do distractions.
does do scumhunting.

@Kcdaspot: so you`re considering me scum because i`m not as active a rolefisher as i was in web? :P

@imaginary:
what`s inconsistent about:

- We have to be carefull with our votes, due to timetraveling scum, these situations (al be it incorrect due to not having completely understood the rules yet) should be avoided.
- If we list all dead(confirmed) mafia on top of every list, we are somewhat protected against mafia-revival tricks.
- Those nominated only have 1 post, this shouldn`t be wasted
calling one of these 3 (in this order, shortly after each other), more likely to be joining in for town-credit?

@GW, i wish, it`s so we can`t redo the days.
By the way, your mum says hello.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Amrun 365 wrote:RC, I have left several deliberate hints for you in particular, since you seem to be reading my posts carefully.

The fact that you have failed to address them at all is raising alarm bells in my mind. You've seen them. I can guarantee scum have seen them.
If you're going to claim, then claim. I see these hints, but they mean nothing to me without anything to back them up. You already dipped your toe in the water, so you might as well do a cannonball.

---
smargaret 366 wrote:Yes, to some extent it's a lurker lynch - but scum can lurk. Even when he does post, what he says proves that he isn't reading the thread, just skimming, and while he's posted a few times today, he hasn't taken a stance in those posts.
Fair enough, but I feel like we can do better than him.

---
imaginality 371 wrote:iso#0 does make a good pro-town point about the setup. But it's only a comment on the setup. No random vote or other remark to help get things going. To that extent it's a fence-sitting opening post, and could very easily be scum waiting to see what others think before deciding what opinions to go with himself. It's not what this post does say, it's what it doesn't.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to sit here and call the man town over one post. I'm think your kind of gliding over the importance of this post here though. I hadn't considered this possibility personally. I think it's a good point that shouldn't be glossed over with such ease.
imaginality 371 wrote:Yes, being pro-town can be annoying. It takes effort, having to make cases and think and discuss and work together to scumhunt. It's also necessary. /rant To me feels like lazy scum tossing forward the easiest explanation that comes to mind of 'oh yeah those reads were all just gut, don't ask me to explain them'.
Maybe. That's all I'm willing to give. Maybe. Look, I don't want to be this big Chrono defender here, but he deserves a chance to defend himself. As of right now, a Chrono lynch is off the table as far as I'm concerned.

---
Grey 380 wrote:Oh, it was all nonsense. Half of it was just saying that I 'implied' stuff I flat out stated I believed.
Do you really not get the point I was making? Are you being delibrately pigheaded here?

---
Kcda 381 wrote:real quick i like grey and DB for town... and I dont know about amrun anymore...
What the hell? You're gonna do a 180 on us?

---
Grey 391 wrote:What parts do you think need answering? Can you rephrase them into actual questions?
Why don't you ask me (like you should've done in the first place)?

---
MrTrow 416 wrote:the 'burden of hving a title to your name' however makes me want to 'relocate' the null-bar
Ha. What sucks is that I don't even think I played very well that game. I mostly let DGB and Gammagooey run the show, lol. Oh, well. Sorry to hear that!

---
  1. Amrun
  2. Kcdaspot
  3. RangeroftheNorth
  4. GreyICE
  5. Chronopie
  6. Tragedy
  7. smargaret
  8. Doombunny9
  9. MrTrow
  10. imaginality
  11. Exe
  12. GhostWriter
Vote: Lynch

I'm back.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

RedCoyote wrote:
Grey 391 wrote:What parts do you think need answering? Can you rephrase them into actual questions?
Why don't you ask me (like you should've done in the first place)?
Why don't you ask me then, like you should do in the first place?

Or was the point not to ask questions but to make people look scummy?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm going to beat you up in real life, Grey.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

RedCoyote wrote:I'm going to beat you up in real life, Grey.
Well then what was the point, RedCoyote?

I say "I think kcdaspot is town."

You say "He's implying kcdaspot is town [without saying it]."

Don't say the
implication
isn't clear. When you imply something you are avoiding stating it.

Flat out stating something is very different than implying something.

"I can't figure out the town motivation to do that" = implying scum.
"You're scum" =/= implying scum

Got it?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

greyice is now town incarnate.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:37 am

Post by GhostWriter »

What was it about that post that was absolutely townish to the degree that scum would never say it?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Tragedy »

@MrTrow: ... Would you kindly notice that Mist has been replaced?
I'm quite you missed
A LOT
, in fact;
imaginality is Mist's replacement...

@Kcdaspot: Now you're calling GreyICE, who attacked you, town, then Amrun, who attacked you, Town.
Is every single attacker to you town? Sounds a bit ridiculous there.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Glad you admitted to skimming Trow's post. At least you could have read it first, so you'd know that he actually acknowledges the switch and then specifically asked Imaginality questions.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”