Mini 1159 - Powerrox93's Mini Normal I (Game Over)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

sup guys. we're not lyncing me 2day, rite? i hope we aren't.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

nice!

VOTE: [L]

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:35 am

Post by yabbaguy »

StefanB wrote:
Vote: Yabbaguy

hate this please don't lynch me today. Are you so bad that you are often lynched as town on day 1, or are you scum, so are afraid to be lynched?
None of the above, Stefan. See, you and the others are really gullible, my sig clearly shows how much more intelligent and confident I really am.

Unvote, Vote: imaginality
for fencesitting on what he thought was a VI and blathering.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:16 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Stefan: Firstly,

Code: Select all

[quote="yabbaguy"]yabbaguy said this.[/quote]

equals
yabbaguy wrote:yabbaguy said this.

I'd imagine most find that to be second-nature after a week tops.

Look at any post other than the one in question that I've made on this site. Even in Newbie 782 from the depths of the archive, which you can access in my yGDB if you seriously want to go that far, and you'll realize I was playing deliberately off-meta. My intent was absolutely to look like a complete numbskull, poor spelling, not knowing what the fuck a shift key was, and blatantly acting defensive to see who bit.

Basically, I'm reaction-fishing. I would call that a very intelligent move.

---

Let's analyze everyone who bit the bait:

@StefanB: Head-over-heels fell for it. The question is actually extraordinarily rubbish as imaginality put it, so I'm tilting scum on this one.

@imaginality: No vote from him, but that's actually worse and merits my vote. Mentions StefanB in passing. I'm not sure if imaginality has a somewhat formulaic/robotic personality ordinarily. Him mentioning StefanB out front just to say "you made an error, but I agree with you" is actually very intriguing. Whether that's buddying or just generic blathering, we definitely should strongly consider him first.

@Zdenek: Not sure. Laziness doesn't really tell either way, but that does seem off-meta from him as well, speaking of.

@Jase: Gigantic question mark. Catches that I'm trying to deceive AND CALLS IT SCUMMY. What the fuck? Just, what the fuck?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Jase, please respond to my "what the fuck" reaction please. Your play is going deeper into said WTF levels.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Jase wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:Jase, please respond to my "what the fuck" reaction please. Your play is going deeper into said WTF levels.
So you're trying to discredit me by saying my play is illogical. Is that it?
That's a strawman argument. I really wish you'd just tell me why you even think I am scummy for trying to deceive people. I mean, if I recall correctly, you KNEW I was playing off-meta, and yet you called these tactics scummy. Why?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

By the way, I'll reduce imaginality to IGMEOY. I will admit the logic makes sense.

Unvote, Vote: Stefan
for massive confrontational attitude (this shows from scum often) and making up a rubbish case on what he thought was a VI. This actually makes more sense.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:58 am

Post by yabbaguy »

No, I'm very wrong. Stefan is tunneling Town.
Unvote

Your reactionfishing: You should know that people on RVS try to analyze everythink in the beginning of a game, and your posting was strange. So acting strange will drove reaction from town or mafia both.
Your second post: Newsflash by your own reasoning your are scum.
The most confrontational isn't me, it's you. I didn't call someone a VI (altough indirectly) in my second post.
I never called you a VI. If I had thought you were this, than I would have checked how bad a VI you were and then acting accordenly. (there are VIs, who are very good at loosing the game for town, they are in my opinion a good lynch if you haven't found scum on day 1)
But the Best ICsign is normaly a good sign that you are a better player. So your first post was just strange, so I tryed to get a reaction from you.
You reacted, your reaction doesn't read town, it reads scum, liking my vote.
Of course we are on page 2 so I am not 100% sure to have found scum, I am not complete rational (called VI) and I know of the danger of tunneling, but I like my vote on you.
You still fail to grasp the concept of why I made that first post. Trying to see how people react to a post that we now realize is clearly not mine is a way of polarizing the field. My hypothesis is that someone who is scum would jump on that and opportunistically try to call me defensive scum. It is such an easy post to pick on, and that's very much intentional.

Stefan, I lied and fished for reactions with Town intent. Such a concept exists.

Likelihood at the moment is that scum is either Jase or a lurker laughing at the fact that there are two Townwagons right now. I wish more would at least attempt to shed light on my attempt to polarize the game and make meaning of it.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Of course WTF is a question that can be responded to. I told you why I was confused.

Uncle Pain, this is extraordinary now. You have to at least realize that there us Town intent in that post. Don't call the post itself anything but that, or you've sorely missed the point.

Carcinogen is who I am looking at right now. I am not going to vote as recklessly for a bit now, but active lurking can start very early in my opinion. Looking holistically, I reckon he is that sort that is being generically useless.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Mod:
You are being VERY strict. I encourage you to look at the ruleset much more holistically and look into the intent as to why each rule exists. I fear that at this rate, we are going to have game-wrecking modkills based on loopholes.

Vote: Surprise_Carcinogen
on a hunch that he's still being useless. More later.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Umm... player-by-player:

Jase - Town. I like the initial tactics of trying to reaction test. Confusing as hell for trying to act scummy on purpose while I was acting on purpose, but I dig it.

Uncle Pain - Annoying Town. Oozing Town, getting in people's faces, not afraid to interrogate anyone, complete recklessness, everything. But people who are saying "come on lurkers, hurry up" annoy me, especially when it means it's my fault.

tarsonisocelot -
Speculative
. Not scum with [L].

andrew94 - Remains
speculative
, poor D1 lynch choice. Playstyle is massively opaque, so I'll table him.

Me=Weird - Town, hesitantly. Seems like he's trying to crack the game open, albeit in an outspoken way.

Zdenek - Town. Reasoning all makes sense, disagreeable, but it makes sense.

StefanB - VERY TOWN. How the hell is there a wagon on this man? He's obviously acting very candidly right now, trying to honestly reason his way through the game, and while it seems as though he's had difficulties, how people are finding them scummy enough to drive him to 4 votes is terrible.

imaginality -
Scum
. Back to his blathering ways, basically saying "yeah, Stefan's scum" with a bunch of nonsense. Biggest perpetrator of a nasty wagon that isn't worth a damn. Read his ISO and tell me if you believe him, I'll do that myself in a bit, but a first glance suggests otherwise to me.

Mist - Big fat blank.
Speculative
. Town lean at the moment, for what it's worth.

[L] - With the greatest of hesitations,
scum
is the tilt for me. It really only derives from the fact that [L] makes a lot of "I" statements, very much "I think this", "this is who I think is scum", and does little to probe others. But at the same time, it's a wicked iffy tell. I think we could do better, but this is an okay complacency lynch for me.

Surprise_Carcinogen: I also will say
scum
here with all due hesitancy. Content of posts also revolves around "I think this" and does little to engage others or show much organized effort at trying to crack the game and polarize the field.

crazypianist: The one I empathize with the most, Town. Full of content, but hasn't the time. Same here, how do you do?

Unvote, Vote: imaginality

@Mist: Again, how the hell do you find my first post scummy? I lied in order to polarize the field and see if opportunistic scum bit the bait. And certainly a few did, although in unexpected ways, I will admit.

@Uncle Pain: Honestly, I think of the people who bit at it, Jase knew, one is Stefan the Magnificent Obvtown, and Zdenek was the worst, but still seemed all right. imaginality had that odd reaction which I just somehow can't shake off. It still pings scummy somehow, I can't tell.

Next is to conjure up my interpretation of imaginality's ISO to see if I've still got a case and to go at him.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:25 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Uncle Pain wrote:Okay, now you’re pinging my scumdar. First, you seem to ignore all the inconsistencies in StefanB’s thoughts and call him an obvious townie. I could live with you disagreeing but ignorance is never townish. Second, that odd reaction that you just can’t tell. Sounds like an obvious attempt to throw dirt at imaginality. FoS: yabbaguy.

You can assert to the contrary all you want, but you're doing exactly that. You are FoSing me because you
don't agree with me
, either that, or accusing me of simple poor play. Just look at Stefan's attitude, moreso. This is such a common attitude of people who are relatively new to the game and are getting a wagon pressed on them. Whatever logic you're looking at, it's stupid. Stop and think about all the other games where there have been floundering relative-Newbies with a high wagon on them and their reactions. This falls straight into line, Stefan's content blasting through the roof, everything.

@Stefan: How often do you get driven up in the votecount? Does it happen more when Town or scum?

Me=Weird wrote:yabba's post seems a bit off. Slight FoS on him.

I'm inclined to say Town just for testing someone who gave a Townread on you in a player-by-player, but you're driving me up the wall all the same. Gimme a hint.

Mist wrote:Yabba that seems like a post out of your meta. Of course people are going to go WTF about it and at least question it. If I posted an Amazing post people are going to question it.

Yes, I generated strong reactions in order to spark discussion. That's pro-Town. You still haven't gotten the principle 7 pages later.

ocelot is now blathering as well and tilts into scum territory now. I've gotta shut my trap, all her meta's from ongoing stuff, but she's got less content here it seems. [L], I'm not sure why you pounced at that scumslip claim, I don't buy it. Help, you or M=W? I think you're both Town but are also looking into it too deeply.

Actually, I look at imaginality, and I think I'm wrong here. I feel like I'm about to do this awful bit of tunnelvisioning if I pursue it. Make me not go back to that one again, I keep seesawing on it, but it's a bad idea.

But Stefan and [L] both suck as wagons.

Unvote, Vote: tarsonisocelot

There, now I'm happy. If not imaginality or [L], I'll have to look who joins her and Carcinogen in a bit, but this will do.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #173 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Mist wrote:Yabba: What do you mean the
principapal (?!?)
7 pages together?

principle [comma] 7 pages later. So late in the game after all my discussion, you still don't understand why I made that first post.

M=W wrote: yabba: can you please go through and say why you think stefan is town instead of trying to repetition brainwash us? And what do you think of the slip I caught?

Stefan wrote:You vote me for giving up and stating that I know that many townies belive I am scum?

Oh, that piece of rubbish? No, that's not a slip. That's Stefan acknowledging past meta. Plus perhaps he believes that the people attacking him are Town? This has happened to me before, where I think that I am up against a brickwall with stubborn Town who just won't change their minds no matter what.

So fuck your wagon, and fuck the [L] voters, too. Swap to ocelot please.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #174 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Yeah, I'm being dramatic. But people are looking into it too deeply. [L] is actually okay, but ocelot is tons better, and I've deemed them both as an extraordinarily unlikely scum partnership.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #180 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

tarsonisocelot wrote:I've tunneled a bit in the past few pages.

Not buying that remark. A glance at your ISO, and I see it more as someone who isn't even contriving it so much as they're just lazily tapping out a few points that kinda sorta maybe seem scummy to a sorta reasonable extent.

Much different than someone almost intoxicated with the disease of finding someone scummy no matter what. I don't see said plague running rampant.

Comprende?

[L] wrote:yabba: Why do you find me to be unlikely scum? Or what is scummy about me?

[L] - With the greatest of hesitations, scum is the tilt for me. It really only derives from the fact that [L] makes a lot of "I" statements, very much "I think this", "this is who I think is scum", and does little to probe others. But at the same time, it's a wicked iffy tell. I think we could do better, but this is an okay complacency lynch for me.

That's the tell where I rationalized in my head that I could've settled. But then I realized ocelot, going after you, is far scummier. And Stefan, again, might as well be wearing the age-old nametag: HELLO My Name Is
"Town"

So while this isn't really something I can complain to our mod about, that votecount is a mistake. Those two wagons are both inbound for Town.

Can I stop shouting the same things now? I'm running out of cute rhetoric.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I don't understand this. Can you clarify please? What exactly did I take too far? And why do you suspect my slot?

"wababa what the crap accusation, wait that's not clear, excuse me while I put on good Townie face and ask politely as possible 'Just why exactly, good madam, have you decided to accuse me on an otherwise perfectly fine day? Could you be bothered to explain the inner meanings of your grievances about me?'"

Criminey. Scummy scum Mcscum.

But seriously, I think ocelot hates this game now. ocelot, you can't win this game by shrinking from the pressure. The answer to an active lurking/blathering case is not "lurk more".

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #324 (isolation #16) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

This is what happens when someone goes on LA when they're trying to say "no no no your wagon sucks". Minus points to me just as much, grr...

C-Worl is actually a VERY intriguing case - but I wonder if there's a case outside of "that hammer sucked", and yes, that hammer sucked. So he scum-tilts for me right now, but I still have to continue the sentiments that ocelot is continuing to blather.

Vote: tarsonisocelot

@Uncle Pain: I don't think your criticism of my playstyle is warranted. I make these extreme attitudes to prove points that idiotic points are being made, and I try to convey it as such. So no, sarcasm is not uncalled for and I will continue to act like a maniacal egotist until you lot get it right.

@imaginality: I stated ocelot as a better choice to [L], I thought they couldn't have been buddies. ocelot's scumminess far outweighed [L]'s.

imaginality wrote:[L] pushing a 'tarsonisocelot is SK' alternative to his wagon makes me feel surer about the scum case on [L].

Unvote; vote [L] (L-1)

Why is this scummy?

From Town to scum, ordering within each bracket is irrelevant:

LIKELY TOWN
crazypianist1116

Uncle Pain

Jase
Me=Weird

POSSIBLY TOWN
Zdenek
Prox | Mist7676 | GroupThink

POSSIBLY SCUM
redtail896 | Surprise_Carcinogen

imaginality

^based off of speculation / instinct

LIKELY SCUM
tarsonisocelot

C-Worl | andrew94

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #349 (isolation #17) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I am going to keep pushing you for information (thanks for the permission) because I think there's a good chance that you're scum, and I want to catch scum.

Many a tunnelvisioner has said this. Tread with caution. I'll let you know if you're about to hit a trap.

Oh, and that case tarson-scum really wants me to state: Carcinogen's ISO is fluffing mostly, especially with stupid advice like this:

GroupThink, you need to explain yourself. A person doesn't make their first post on page three and make it a completely blank, wordless vote. That's just not groovy.

And then there's redtail - who I'm willing to gander is trying to slam that andrew wagon a bit too roughly. There was one post where it was all "to me" in a defensive sort of way - and I have a niggling suspicion that he's playing defensive against no perceptible threat.

Both are swooping in to give advice about interactions and remarks that I don't think they really care about, basically look for comments that don't really add substance to the game. I'm also curious if redtail is overly defensive with his language always or just as scum - but I don't trust diving for meta any more, it never works. Consistent track record.

I still don't know about ocelot. She needs to actually contribute something useful. I'm seesawing between her and redtail right now. That's where I'm at.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #352 (isolation #18) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

^Now stop. Does this sound like scum talking? No- shut up. Is this scum talking? Really ask yourself.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Will someone please temporarily unvote C-Worl before they have the chance to self-hammer and cut the day short by 17 days?

Oh my reason, that sounds so scummy.

Yeah I read and my vote's staying where it is. TO you're next.

That's called lining up lynches. If I called it tunnelvisioning, I'm equally guilty of presuming the flip, but that said, I think you're tunnelvisioning.

M=W's case basically calls him on poor play, it seems.

I like redtail more now.

Unvote, Vote: redtail

Reason is just that ocelot's play has been increasingly more and more Town.

Zonked right now. First thing I do next post is a redtail case explanation. The prolonged LA state of affairs is debilitating, I know, but... yeah.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Sat May 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Request replacement

I am being a debilitating component of this game with my severe inactivity. Sorry all, but my personal project is taking up far too much of my free time. I'll be back in the Mafia forums soon, don't worry. :)

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #770 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I had no choice but to replace out, being unable to slack even second semester senior year. I really, really, really wanted to continue in this game.

Let's see, I had imaginality pegged out front (and there, without any support), but wow, C-Worl and Zdenek were no less labelled as super-obvTown by me. I think when I've tried for 2 years and still can't get it right, it's quitting time. :lol:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #773 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 am

Post by yabbaguy »

A suggestion is to be a little more lenient with the rules-- for example, when Jase violated the claiming to be scum rule, it was pretty clear that he was being sarcastic/outlining a hypothetical situation, not really claiming scum.

And condense the ruleset. Basically, less about rules and trying to keep an already controlled game in control and more about making a fun game. :)

Stefan, have a look at the yGDB in my sig. Although these two games don't go up there since I left (or maybe I'll mark them as such) - you'll notice how I'm constantly complaining about getting it wrong, blowing LyLos especially. It's one of those situations where I keep losing and continuously thinking I'm learning something new from each game but realistically, a tell that proves to be obvious truth in one game proves to mislynch and lose in LyLo. Here, I've seen lots of people who lash out at L-1 or so, and hence why I thought C-Worl was obvious Town and proudly admitted it, but whaddaya know, this time that's a scumtell.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #776 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I played goon in a setup that was

goon/goon/GF
vs.
deputy/sane cop/insane cop/semi-elite* bodyguard/townies

Loved that one - mafia won because we kicked those cops out anyway very quickly. I'm surprised bodyguard isn't used as a fix for averting the doc -> cop scenario more often.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”