Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Plum »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: BS

I've read but I haven't had time to properly look at diddn or see to what degree the CMAR stuff is worth pursuing vs. my current vote. I should be back tomorrow night or Sunday morning to do that.

Magna - it was potentially a piece of information worth using as a basis for comparison and fleshing things out. I did notice the different colors in the pre-game character deaths and, comparing them with my own color information, thought that a color-claim at this time could potentially help confirm or weaken the claim in the eyes of at least specific player-roles.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am

Post by quadz08 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LordChronos

Early push towards Snow Bunny for modvote was scummy; next post (responding to Gemini) says it "might be a towntell or null, but I don't have to like it" which is him backtracking.
Says very little else outside of answering questions about that push, UNTIL
He says he's happy with his vote on Baby Spice, citing her pushing the blame for voting Chronopie instead of LC onto her children. Explain the scum motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity to me, cause I think that it's a huge reach.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:26 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Hmmmm...... I like all three leading wagons right now.
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Gemini »

Chesskid wrote:Chronos isn't leaning town >_>
Well, we've been reading him beyond is RVS. ;)
BabySpice wrote:Hey Gemini.

Would you care to explain how, in a game where we know the Greek gods are town and that other gods are the scum, raising up something from a different mythology, and nothing else mythologically related, is not a potential scumslip and worthy of pressure?
Sure … his post wasn't game speculation [ie - Hey I wonder if there will be a Gotterammerdung event in the game], it was a flippant off-hand comment. I don't see much significant in making a Ragnarok joke in a god related game even if it's not a Greek thing. It very much struck me as a sincere and simple joke and not a likely scumslip at all. In fact, I would imagine scum would be more careful - if they wee a Norse god they probably WOULDN'T be letting fly with casual Norse jokes.

BabySpice, sheeping Chesskid not even knowing who she is voting for. *facepalm*
BabySpice
, Do you even have reason for voting LordChronos besides that Chesskid said so? You said "nothing in whatever he has posted reads as town."

But does it read as SCUM? I have a lot of null reads, but I don't vote for null reads. So what about his posts reads as scum to you?

Ten kids sounds insane to me, but I feel like you are using that as an excuse for the fact that you are just following chesskid so he will keep yelling about voting for someone else besides you. I don't even get the impression you actually read Chronos's posts before making that vote.

@Diddin: I already said previously that in our hydra we are not voting unless both players are in agreement. Mockingjaye has had an unexpected guest so she hasn't had a lot of time to give input. The FoS's are to indicate who the hydra member would vote for and then if the other agrees we would vote. Mockingjaye is, however, in agreement on this one as of our last interchange so:

Vote: BabySpice
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Damn this last page was reads gold.

Still like my vote though.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@MOD – I’ll be V/LA from Friday at 4pm EST until Monday morning for Easter weekend and my usual family weekend duties.

Consider me less than impressed with Iec’s catch-up post. I’ve seen him do them before as Town before and they usually consist of more content (reasons why, etc) for his reads and didn’t suffer from having approximately 25% of game relevant text being struck-through.

CMAR’s 294 strikes me as an exercise in uselessness. We understand all that you made the point of highlighting CMAR. The issue I see is the MOTIVATION for soft-defending SD.

--
Gandalf wrote:Crap, forgot to unvote.

VOTE: Diddin
And look you did it again. Going to get stuck in some Groundhog Day style cycle?

--
diddin wrote:^Because I also agree with this, MoI.

However I noticed something about Gemini in ISO. They have 3 FoS's and have expresses suspicion on a few others. They have NEVER voted. Looks like someone doesn't want to be called out for wagoning.

Unvote Vote: Gemini
1. Why didn’t you mention said post when describing why you voted AV originally?
2. So you agree with Gemini’s posts regarding AV and suddenly noticed that the hydra hadn’t voted yet which they specifically addressed in several posts was going to happen since they are a hydra? And that is vote-worthy?
diddin wrote:EBWOP: @MOI: At the time I voted AV, all Iece did was post in RVS and Chrono was still catching up.
To put it bluntly … so what? Lack of content is lack of content. How do you know AV wasn’t catching up? Why is only posting in RVS an excuse?

--
Plum wrote:Magna - it was potentially a piece of information worth using as a basis for comparison and fleshing things out. I did notice the different colors in the pre-game character deaths and, comparing them with my own color information, thought that a color-claim at this time could potentially help confirm or weaken the claim in the eyes of at least specific player-roles.
1. Again, with expected Mod provided Fake-claims how do you expect to catch any scum?
2. Isn’t asking for a mass color claim just potentially giving scum a free pass to more effectively hunt for roles they might think are more dangerous?

--
Quadz wrote:He says he's happy with his vote on Baby Spice, citing her pushing the blame for voting Chronopie instead of LC onto her children.
Go and look at the initial vote from Baby please.

Chess says at 270 thet “Chronos isn’t leaning Town”.
Baby in post 272 says “Agree. Nothing in what he has posted reads as Town” and votes Chronopie.

Ostensibly the second sentence in 272 means Baby has reviewed Chronopie’s ISO. Yet when you yourself question it she simply says “My mistake” and changes her vote to LC.

That doesn’t read to me as Town who made a mistake and when informed went back to recheck. That reads to me as Baby trying to buddy up to Chess’s reads and blowing it big-time. BabySpice does have a history as scum of buddying, BTW.

VOTE: BabySpice. The exercise of this discussion solidifies my read I formed based on her earlier play.
Quadz wrote:Explain the scum motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity to me, cause I think that it's a huge reach.
Pretty easy actually. Voting for someone other than a player allows scum to RVS without fear of identifying a partner or clearing Town. Also it prevents tit-for-tat OMGUS RVS votes which have led to real wagons in the past.

Certainly not overwhelmingly strong motivations but certainly not non-existent either.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

BS is near lynch can we chill plz kthx?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 am

chesskid3 wrote:BS is near lynch can we chill plz kthx?
BabySpice has 7 votes. 11 are needed to lynch. Hardly the time for "CHILLAX EVERYBODY".

Do you object with her being wagonned for reasons other than your personal wagon is being ignored?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I've got no problem with the lynch, though it would be my first choice.

What I have a problem with is it's the loleasy wagon and some of the people who have hopped on make me seriously doubt ole Babah Spice is going to flip scum
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:59 am

chesskid3 wrote:I've got no problem with the lynch, though it would be my first choice.

What I have a problem with is it's the loleasy wagon and some of the people who have hopped on make me seriously doubt ole Babah Spice is going to flip scum
Whut? You have no problem with a potential Baby lynch but you doubt she's flip scum??????

And if you see people who you think are scum on the wagon point out who and why.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

She's dead weight and has to die at this point, and if she doesn't get lynched today it'll be a recurring mislynch wagon so.

And I'd rather not give all my scum suspects in thread given my role, eh?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 am

Post by quadz08 »

MoI wrote:
quadz wrote:He says he's happy with his vote on Baby Spice, citing her pushing the blame for voting Chronopie instead of LC onto her children.
Go and look at the initial vote from Baby please.

Chess says at 270 thet “Chronos isn’t leaning Town”.
Baby in post 272 says “Agree. Nothing in what he has posted reads as Town” and votes Chronopie.

Ostensibly the second sentence in 272 means Baby has reviewed Chronopie’s ISO.
Yet when you yourself question it she simply says “My mistake” and changes her vote to LC.

That doesn’t read to me as Town who made a mistake and when informed went back to recheck. That reads to me as Baby trying to buddy up to Chess’s reads and blowing it big-time. BabySpice does have a history as scum of buddying, BTW.

VOTE: BabySpice. The exercise of this discussion solidifies my read I formed based on her earlier play.
Bold mine.

I think that sentence was referring to LordChronos (as in, she went back and read LC's posts) and then proceeded to accidentally vote for Chronopie. But that's besides the point anyway; I'm not saying that BS isn't scummy. Rather, LC's reasoning for confirming his vote was really poor, and felt forced and scummy.
MoI wrote:
quadz wrote:Explain the scum motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity to me, cause I think that it's a huge reach.
Pretty easy actually. Voting for someone other than a player allows scum to RVS without fear of identifying a partner or clearing Town. Also it prevents tit-for-tat OMGUS RVS votes which have led to real wagons in the past.

Certainly not overwhelmingly strong motivations but certainly not non-existent either.
I think you missed my point here. (For one, "game" should be "blame," which probably doesn't help.) I was pointing out that there's no scum motivation for BS to say "My kids distracted me so I typed the wrong player's name."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 am

quadz08 wrote: I think that sentence was referring to LordChronos (as in, she went back and read LC's posts) and then proceeded to accidentally vote for Chronopie. But that's besides the point anyway; I'm not saying that BS isn't scummy. Rather, LC's reasoning for confirming his vote was really poor, and felt forced and scummy.

I think you missed my point here. (For one, "game" should be "blame," which probably doesn't help.) I was pointing out that there's no scum motivation for BS to say "My kids distracted me so I typed the wrong player's name."
I disagree with your assessment. I can't see some 'mistyping' LordChoronos into Chronopie when being distracted. Their names are clearly distinct.

I believe that Baby saw Chess's post, pretended to ISO said player, and voted for the wrong one. When called on it she said 'Oops, kids distracted me'. If she had ISOed LordChoronos I have serious doubts she's accidently vote Chronopie.

I do fully admit my views may well be colored by my suspicion. But I still don't think it's the kind of mistake you make when distracted.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

Post by LordChronos »

Plum wrote:Magna - it was potentially a piece of information worth using as a basis for comparison and fleshing things out. I did notice the different colors in the pre-game character deaths and, comparing them with my own color information, thought that a color-claim at this time could potentially help confirm or weaken the claim in the eyes of at least specific player-roles.
I don't see that color claim will be helpful to town at all, given that SD says his is teal-blue, you said yours is pink, and the pre-game death ones are a different color entirely. Why would you think that the color used in the role pm is likely to help confirm a claim?
quadz08 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: LordChronos

Early push towards Snow Bunny for modvote was scummy; next post (responding to Gemini) says it "might be a towntell or null, but I don't have to like it" which is him backtracking.
Says very little else outside of answering questions about that push, UNTIL
He says he's happy with his vote on Baby Spice, citing her pushing the blame for voting Chronopie instead of LC onto her children. Explain the scum motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity to me, cause I think that it's a huge reach.
How was my response to Gemini backtracking?

My comment about being happy with my vote on Baby Spice had more to do with her declaration that Dekes is scummy then sheeping chesskid in voting me than it did with her utterly lame excuse for voting Chronopie first. Sorry for the confusion.

Explain the town motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity rather than simply admitting the mistake to me. I agree with MoI that it doesn't seem likely that you could ISO someone, decide to vote them, then vote someone else.
I'm a talking computer.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:58 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Unvote
VOTE: Diddin

:oops:
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:05 am

Post by mothrax »

Baby Spice wrote:Gee Mothrax, if you know me so well then you'd know I've got ten kids. They do get in the was sometimes.[/b]

This has nothing to do with the statement that I have seen you do terribad stuff in games before.
Baby Spice wrote:BTW, your vote, same thing as you say that I'm doing.
lololololololololololololololololno. I didn't vote for the wrong person while sheeping. And You were hardly a topic of discussion when I voted for you. If you are going to call me out for something at least make it truthfull.

To be noted: In post 265 diddin votes Baby Spice for not revoting. Then in Post 298 He unvotes BS without mentioning her, and votes for Gemini for not voting. Gemini at the time had no votes, Where as BS was becoming a hot topic of discussion... now I see it.

FoS: diddin
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

Post by diddin »

Gemini wrote:
Chesskid wrote:Chronos isn't leaning town >_>
Well, we've been reading him beyond is RVS. ;)
BabySpice wrote:Hey Gemini.

Would you care to explain how, in a game where we know the Greek gods are town and that other gods are the scum, raising up something from a different mythology, and nothing else mythologically related, is not a potential scumslip and worthy of pressure?
Sure … his post wasn't game speculation [ie - Hey I wonder if there will be a Gotterammerdung event in the game], it was a flippant off-hand comment. I don't see much significant in making a Ragnarok joke in a god related game even if it's not a Greek thing. It very much struck me as a sincere and simple joke and not a likely scumslip at all. In fact, I would imagine scum would be more careful - if they wee a Norse god they probably WOULDN'T be letting fly with casual Norse jokes.

BabySpice, sheeping Chesskid not even knowing who she is voting for. *facepalm*
BabySpice
, Do you even have reason for voting LordChronos besides that Chesskid said so? You said "nothing in whatever he has posted reads as town."

But does it read as SCUM? I have a lot of null reads, but I don't vote for null reads. So what about his posts reads as scum to you?

Ten kids sounds insane to me, but I feel like you are using that as an excuse for the fact that you are just following chesskid so he will keep yelling about voting for someone else besides you. I don't even get the impression you actually read Chronos's posts before making that vote.

@Diddin: I already said previously that in our hydra we are not voting unless both players are in agreement. Mockingjaye has had an unexpected guest so she hasn't had a lot of time to give input. The FoS's are to indicate who the hydra member would vote for and then if the other agrees we would vote. Mockingjaye is, however, in agreement on this one as of our last interchange so:

Vote: BabySpice
Just making sure. This caution is a slight scumtell, but I was just curious to see if you were voteless.

BACK TO BS
unvote, Vote: Baby Spice
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 am

Post by chesskid3 »

adsfjadfadf
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 am

Post by LordChronos »

chesskid3 wrote:adsfjadfadf
This is an incredibly helpful and not space wasting post.

@mothrax

So you were sheeping?
I'm a talking computer.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 am

Post by mothrax »

LordChronos wrote:
@mothrax

So you were sheeping?
Ummm... No?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 am

Post by LordChronos »

mothrax wrote:lololololololololololololololololno. I didn't vote for the wrong person while sheeping.
To clarify, in this quote you meant "I didn't vote for the wrong person and I didn't sheep." , right? (I read it as "I didn't vote for the wrong person when I was sheeping".)
I'm a talking computer.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by mothrax »

Correct assumption.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 pm

diddin wrote: Just making sure. This caution is a slight scumtell, but I was just curious to see if you were voteless.

BACK TO BS
unvote, Vote: Baby Spice
Back to the vote you sandwiched between AV and Gemini? It couldn't be possibly because it is the top wagon, am I right?

UNVOTE: BabySpice
VOTE: diddin

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by diddin »

Umm considering I got off that top wagon to pressure Gemini, it's not just because it's the top wagon. I still consider BS the scummiest player.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by quadz08 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I disagree with your assessment. I can't see some 'mistyping' LordChoronos into Chronopie when being distracted. Their names are clearly distinct.

I believe that Baby saw Chess's post, pretended to ISO said player, and voted for the wrong one. When called on it she said 'Oops, kids distracted me'. If she had ISOed LordChoronos I have serious doubts she's accidently vote Chronopie.

I do fully admit my views may well be colored by my suspicion. But I still don't think it's the kind of mistake you make when distracted.
I disagree when you say that their names are clearly distinct, especially because Chronopie is typically referred to as "Chrono." And if you're distracted by 10 kids (holy shit, btw) I think typing a similar name is completely understandable mistake.
LC wrote:How was my response to Gemini backtracking?

My comment about being happy with my vote on Baby Spice had more to do with her declaration that Dekes is scummy then sheeping chesskid in voting me than it did with her utterly lame excuse for voting Chronopie first. Sorry for the confusion.

Explain the town motivation for shifting the game to a non-game entity rather than simply admitting the mistake to me. I agree with MoI that it doesn't seem likely that you could ISO someone, decide to vote them, then vote someone else.
As to the Gemini thing, you questioned Snow Bunny about it in a way that implied scumminess on her part. You then told Gemini that it might be a town-tell or a null-tell. That's... pretty much the definition of backtracking.

I'll accept your explanation on the second bit.

See my response to MoI for the third bit.

UNVOTE:

Mothrax's 315 is worth keeping in mind, and diddin didn't (ha!) respond to it. Interesting...

VOTE: CMAR

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN THIS POST.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”