Team Mafia General Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:37 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Ythill wrote:
gand wrote:The only problem is if male and female players tie.
That's a problem? :igmeou:
True, we probably would have to resort to photographic proof, and that would lead to betterment for all sides of the equation. So long as nobody accidentally clicks on the wrong spoiler tag. >.>
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Ythill »

I thought we'd have a special meet.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well if we did, the females would have to go first, to make sure the guys are at their best. >.>

Okay, I really have to stop >.>
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Ythill »

Yes, you do.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Well, geez, I didn't think it was possible but you all manage to deal a sizeable amount of sleaze damage to me. Way to be crass!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You want to just use my method and then let ties be ties?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:30 am

Post by zoraster »

Preliminary Rule List, including scoring method and tie breaking method.

Spoiler: Rules
-----
Victory Points for PYP, Normal, and Dramonic games:

Win Points: +23 points to winning team
Town Wins with four or more town players alive in the game: +2 points
Mafia Wins with two or more mafia players surviving: +2 points

Victory Points for White Flag:

+25 points to the winning team

Replacements

Team replaces their own player: 0 points
seeks
a replacement for a player: -2 points to that player’s team

Continual Inactivity

At the game’s mod’s recommendation and with Zoraster’s approval, if a player is continually inactive (e.g. posts once every 5 days merely to avoid replacement), he may be replaced as above at a penalty of two points to his team.

Talking About Ongoing Games:

Warning: -0 points
Each Subsequent Violation: -1 point
Blatant Violation (e.g. a large post quoting and analyzing another game): -2 points with no warning.

Modkills/Forced Replacements

For behavior related modkills and forced replacements, a penalty of 10 points will be assessed to the team.

Winning the Game

1. The team with the most points at the end wins the game.
2. If two or more teams have a tied score between 94 and 100, they will be crowned co-champions.
2. If two or more teams tie for the highest score and have 93 or fewer points, the four mods of the games (Zoraster, dramonic, The Fonz and TheButtonmen) will collectively decide the winner based on each individual’s performance and how well each team worked together.

Captains

1. Each team must have a captain. If it has not otherwise been indicated, it will be assumed the person who submitted the team is the captain.
2. For all Team Mafia-wide communications with Zoraster (such as role selection, replacements, etc.), the Captain should be the only one to PM Zoraster unless he is unavailable.
3. The captain makes the final decisions on all team matters. No mod will arbitrate disagreements among the players.
4. If a Captain needs to be replaced (e.g. he goes AWOL or has engaged in modkillable behavior in his game), the team should unanimously pick one of their own to step in as Captain. This should be relayed to Zoraster.

Talking About Other Games

You may not talk about other ongoing games in your own game. This includes other games within this competition. You may discuss the overall standing of other teams. And of course you may discuss all of the ongoing games in your Team’s QT. This rule disallows using a game thread to relay messages between a non-team member and a team member not in the game.

Deadlines

Each game will use a two week bankable deadline system with a maximum of one week banked. Days banked will be rounded to the nearest 12 hours. Deadlines that would otherwise fall on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas will be extended 24 hours.

Nights will have a deadline of 48 hours unless it falls on a weekend in which case the deadline will be the following Monday at 11am.

Deadline shift for Goofbash

Goofbash is scheduled to take place from June 15-22nd. On June 15th, three additional days will be added to the time bank (for a maximum of seven days banked).

Any night that falls between June 15th and June 22nd will take four days rather than the normal two.

Players who have reported themselves at Goofbash to Zoraster will have nine days (rather than the typical seven) before being force replaced by their mod during Goofbash. No points will be deducted for inactivity for these players.

Team QTs

1. Each team will be provided with a QT once the sign-ups are finalized. No other communication between teammates about any of the games or the overall competition should be made outside of the QT. Conversations pre-signup in another QT should be moved over to the new one (the mods have 13 of these to keep track of, so they need to be uniform).
2. You may copy INTO a QT from a game thread, but you may not copy and paste OUT OF a game thread from the QT. In other words, you cannot coach someone in what they should say in a game exactly. You may provide pointers, reads, etc. but may not write their posts for them.
3. QTs remain open at all times, day or night. Dead players may still participate in the QT.
4. Only one player per player slot may speak in the QT at any one time. In other words, a replacement may speak in the QT, but the person he replaced may not. Or another way: only four players may speak in a QT at any one time.

Team Prodding

Players may prod their own teammates by PM. Zoraster should be CCed onto any prod you send, and the prod should include no information other than telling them to post in their game and/or read the QT. The moderators may prod players as well.

Replacements

1. Teams should replace their own players. They may contact anyone who has not already participated in the game as a player or mod. The sign-up thread is a good place to find individuals.
2. If seven consecutive real time days (not including nights) go by without a player posting, a replacement will be sought for the team by the moderator. This comes at a penalty to the team. Dead players are not expected to maintain activity.
3. Dead players MAY be replaced.
4. Each team may do the following ONCE: use an already dead player to replace in for another player on their team. Once this option has been used, it may never be used again, even by the same player.
5. Other than as excepted in 4, once a player has played in a player slot, they may not play in another.

Role Selection

Each team will be informed of the four roles available to it, one for each of its game. It will have two days to decide which of its players will go into which game. For example, Team A might get the following PM:

Team RolesHello Team A,

The following are your roles. Please respond by PM to Zoraster with which player will go into which game:

White Flag Mafia: Vanilla Townie
Normal Game: Sane Cop
Pick Your Power: Mafia (Roles to be decided by draft)
Theme Game: Town Role Cop

You have until May 9th to PM Zoraster with your selections.

Before the game starts each individual player will get a Role PM as normal.

Games

There will be four games played. Each adhere to the following criteria:
1. There are three mafia and ten town members.
2. There are two week bankable deadlines with one week max banked
3. The setup has been, to the extent possible, balanced to a 50/50 win rate.
4. There are no third parties.

Game Descriptions

The following are the four games to be played:
1. White Flag: A mountainous (no Power role) setup, town wins when they have eliminated all but one mafia member.
2. Normal Game: follows the setup guidelines listed in the wiki.
3. Pick Your Power: A version of the SpyreX setup where players pick their power.
4. Dramonic’s Theme Game: More details to come

Individual Game Moderators

Within their individual game, each mod has considerable latitude to moderate as they see fit. While actions affecting points will have to be approved by Zoraster, it will be rare that he disagrees with the moderator. Each mod may impose additional rules as he sees fit so long as it doesn’t contradict the rules here. For example rules on voting style, coarse language, twilight chatting, “bah” posts, etc. are all at each mod’s discretion.

There is one major change we may be making to the rules (not affecting scoring), but I'm still discussing it with the mods involved.

Preliminary Time Line of EventsApril 15th: Setups finalized.
April 30th: Rules finalized, role pms turned in, mods briefed and on the same page.
May 1st: Sign-ups go up
May 2nd-5th: Teams officially assigned, QTs assigned.
Soon after QTs assigned: Team Role PMs go out for teams to make their selections.
May 9th: Team selections due.
May 12th: Pre-game begins (PYP draft, Individual role PMs go out with QT info, etc)
May 15th: All games open for play.
June 1st: Day 1 deadline

Please note that all events are subject to change.
Last edited by zoraster on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Faraday »

TEAM [REDACTED] ARE READY.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Ythill »

The rules look great. Only one I don't like is this...
Zor wrote:3. Dead players MAY be replaced, but only by players who played in that player slot while it was alive.
Teams that have a player killed early and/or teams who have no early replacements will be penalized by this when compared to teams who have players killed after that slot is replaced. Four voices in the QT is a huge advantage over three or less. Optimal team play if this rule is retained would be for teams to temporarily replace all slots early on D1, just in case.

This is especially true in my case as it is already known that I will be utilizing a temporary replacement for an extended V/LA. If this rule is in place and I do not have that person replace me early enough, it gives other teams an incentive to lynch/NK me before I leave.

Is there a compelling reason for this rule that I am overlooking?

I really think that you should either allow dead players to participate in the team QTs with full replacement privileges or not allow dead players to be replaced at all (heavily favoring the former, obv). If you want to draw a line somewhere, it should be that mods will not assist in the replacement of dead players.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by zoraster »

that's a good point. My intention was to avoid teams "hogging" replacements, but I think your point is better. It's been changed.

And yes, mods won't assist with replacing dead players. Mods only replace after seven consecutive active days of inactivity (or in other extreme cases) at a penalty to the team.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sweet, thanks.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:31 am

Post by zoraster »

Update

Things are about to start heating up around here.

The Games

Vi has graciously agreed to help me out by being the sounding board for dramonic's game, and at least from what I've seen, dramonic's game is one I'd want to play. The Fonz's Normal game has been finalized for some time now, and I think it looks well balanced. Hoopla and SpyreX's PYP mini version looks to be set. I think that one will be interesting as it's been a tad challenging to scale it, but I think it'll be fun and hopefully allow all sides an even chance to win.

Sign-Ups

Sign-ups are on schedule to go up Sunday, May 1st. As a preliminary time, I'm going to say at around 16:00 EDT (4pm), so you can mark your calendar's if you didn't manage to pre-in.

Confirmations of Pre-ins

I'm about to start to process of confirming pre-ins. Essentially, this will be a PM to every player who's signed up to ask them whether they confirm their spot and will be able to play starting May 15th. As a reminder: I'm allowing teams that pre-inned to replace ONE player in their roster before the games start. If two or more need to be replaced, they'll have to be removed from the pre-in list and sign-up during the regular sign-ups.

Overall, I'm getting very excited to see this run. Lots of great players involved. The games look good. I hope you all are as excited as I am.

EDIT: All pre-in confirmation PMs are out. If you think you were scheduled as a pre-in and did not receive one, please let me know. As I'm dealing with 40 people here, I won't be confirming your confirm, but if I don't have you confirming, I will check to make sure before booting you.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Amrun »

By the way, RICO ACT has basically site-flaked, so you can take him off the list. I guess I'm a free agent, teamwise, and I'll try to get in somewhere when sign-ups go.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Same here then...
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

UncertainKitten wrote:Well, geez, I didn't think it was possible but you all manage to deal a sizeable amount of sleaze damage to me. Way to be crass!
:D

Team mafia, because all humor needs to be sophomoric.

Not that I'm guilty of any, oh no.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Tragedy »

I don't feel great, but hoorah?
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Faraday »

My confirm got confirmed. ;) I feel special.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Haylen »

I have a team!
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Information has been sent to those on the PM notification list (i.e. players interested in playing but not pre-inned). If you didn't get this PM please PM me if you wish to be put on the notification list.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

Zor, I notice on the mini theme queue we're down as 'available may 15th' but here you said we'd start earlier if we get to the top of the queue in time. Which is correct?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ATTN: ALL

IF YOU NEED A REPLACEMENT, CONTACT ME.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am

Post by zoraster »

The Fonz wrote:Zor, I notice on the mini theme queue we're down as 'available may 15th' but here you said we'd start earlier if we get to the top of the queue in time. Which is correct?
The plan is that the games will start no earlier than May 15th. Sign ups will go up May 1st.

Preliminary Time Line of EventsApril 15th: Setups finalized.
April 30th: Rules finalized, role pms turned in, mods briefed and on the same page.
May 1st: Sign-ups go up
May 2nd-5th: Teams officially assigned, QTs assigned.
Soon after QTs assigned: Team Role PMs go out for teams to make their selections.
May 9th: Team selections due.
May 12th: Pre-game begins (PYP draft, Individual role PMs go out with QT info, etc)
May 15th: All games open for play.
June 1st: Day 1 deadline
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Faraday »

IS IT MAY YET? woooooooooooooo
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Zor, the way your time line goes, you should be available at May 1st, bot 15th.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SCREAMING DEATH CLAN IS COMING FOR YOUR SOULS

FATE + RECK + SPYREX + SOCIOPATH

DEAL WITH IT