Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

Korlash wrote: Digs? Do you mean to say it has happened more then once?
Hmm, this is a question I should answer. To my recollection, the answer is yes, but I guess I should actually research this.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Up to the late teens, seen evidence of genuine scumhunting from RC and InHim that make me feel good about them.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Fate »

Vote: Kublai Khan

He said he was a big fan of me when he thanked me for replacing in.

BULLSHIT BUDDYING UP TO ME ALREADY EH SCUMBAG?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Day 4 Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

"We convince by our presence. "
- Walt Whitman

Cyberbob
- 3 - RedCoyote, iamausername,
DrippingGoofball
Nachomamma8
RedCoyote
- 2 - Cyberbob, Fate
iamausername
- 1 - Korlash
Fate
- 1 - Kmd4390

Players not voting:
The Fonz, PokerFace, Ojanen

Notes/Prods
:
- Prodding Ojanen & Kmd4390
-
Nachomamma8 temporarily replaces DrippingGoofball effective post 1867

-
Fate replaces SpyreX effective immediately

- Normal game: mod votes don't count
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Fate »

I'll read this sometime between now and Tuesday >_>b

NACHO WHO DA SCUMZ BE
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Prodding Ojanen & Kmd4390
Hi.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I have a feeling that Fate is stalking me.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Fate is rather stalkerish a lot of the time.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Korlash

Nessun non capisco... what does that mean?

Iam said why he was linking ckd and chev back then. CKD gave a poor reason for thinking chevre was town. I didn't read that long as heck post, some others didn't and I really doubt ckd read it. I can easily see the logic for it.

SpyreX linking Gorrad to ckd was still poor as he assumed ckd was more so random then never talked about. Assuming that instead of actually looking into why gorrad brought it up is a point against spyreX as it shows possibility of an altieror reasons SpyreX may think ckd is scum ie they are scum together

Iam had ckd in his list as you say and I guess thats a somewhat valid point so if you want to grill him on that then go ahead. As it stands i am still torn on you vs spyreX. Yes I still think one of you is scum but i am less sure which one. And if its mylo as i suspect then i want to be sure

If you did grill him on this some already then link me to it, I'm not 100% aware of things at the moment. Not too awake or sleeping well. I thought I knew why bob was saying DGB wouldn't lynch KMD. I made a possible guess at it earlier as DGB failing to actually push a wagon on KMD time and time again, cyberbob drawing his assumation from that somewhere but apparently i was wrong about that guess.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2956191

The idea of bob, dgb, kmd being scum together would be an explaination but I'm not exactly seeing it.

Korlash, you have stated you have different ideals and or means of linking players. Tell me something korlash name your top 3 to 4 people who you think is scum. Say why and or if you think they are all scum together. Am I correct is assuming IAMUSEr is your top?

________

@RedCoyote

Uhm how did you know in advance spyreX was going to jump out of the game? Also In writing up posts for this game I have often wanted to call Khan by the name Red simply because you are modding the mishmash family fued game. I haven't thought to call you khan yet though. Should at any point I end up writing your name without correcting myself in a sentence that involves rules in the game, I apoligize in advance

________

@Cyberbob

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p2958485
Uhm do you actually want us to put you out of your misery? Who do you think is scum?

________

@Fonz

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p2963633
Can you link me to the post of red's you are refering to? I'd like to see it as that may help some of my reads in this game. I think I am loosing touch with a few things and hopefully new stuff from you or the other new players can give me a kick in the rear.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Korlash »

poker wrote:Nessun non capisco... what does that mean?
I don't understand.
poker wrote:Iam said why he was linking ckd and chev back then. CKD gave a poor reason for thinking chevre was town. I didn't read that long as heck post, some others didn't and I really doubt ckd read it. I can easily see the logic for it.
I'm sorry, where did Iam say this? And what was CKD's 'poor reason'?
Poker wrote:SpyreX linking Gorrad to ckd was still poor as he assumed ckd was more so random then never talked about. Assuming that instead of actually looking into why gorrad brought it up is a point against spyreX as it shows possibility of an altieror reasons SpyreX may think ckd is scum ie they are scum together
I would think the same would apply to Iam with his CKD/Chev linking. granted, I can't seem to fully understand you here, so I'm probably confused as to what you are talking about. What is this in response to?
Poker wrote:Iam had ckd in his list as you say and I guess thats a somewhat valid point so if you want to grill him on that then go ahead. As it stands i am still torn on you vs spyreX. Yes I still think one of you is scum but i am less sure which one. And if its mylo as i suspect then i want to be sure
If you did grill him on this some already then link me to it, I'm not 100% aware of things at the moment. Not too awake or sleeping well. I thought I knew why bob was saying DGB wouldn't lynch KMD. I made a possible guess at it earlier as DGB failing to actually push a wagon on KMD time and time again, cyberbob drawing his assumation from that somewhere but apparently i was wrong about that guess.
someone calling a now known scum scum for no real reason is a 'somewhat valid' point? I know I've been gone for a while but that seems like a bit more then somewhat valid... And for a link just check out 1799, 1806, 1817, etc... It's all good...
Poker wrote:The idea of bob, dgb, kmd being scum together would be an explaination but I'm not exactly seeing it.

Korlash, you have stated you have different ideals and or means of linking players. Tell me something korlash name your top 3 to 4 people who you think is scum. Say why and or if you think they are all scum together. Am I correct is assuming IAMUSEr is your top?
That would seem a little too convenient a scum pairing, plus it would contradict your own stated "MYLO" theory, unless you mean to imply there is a fourth unknown that you failed to include.

As for my top 3 to 4 Iam, fate, you, and... um... That's it for now I think. I don't see any point in trying to make up reasons they are all partners together. Isn't it enough I've given reasons why they are scum individually? Iam is the one I'm currently going after so to speak, I guess you could call that being my top.
Iam wrote:Hmm, this is a question I should answer. To my recollection, the answer is yes, but I guess I should actually research this.
Easy now... >.> Other people are here. You don't want to ruin your credibility by implying I said something worthwhile... That being said... A response would be nice, yes...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Cyberbob »

PokerFace wrote:
@Cyberbob

Uhm do you actually want us to put you out of your misery? Who do you think is scum?
RC/inHim/??
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fonz, you have something for us, yes?
PF 1883 wrote:Uhm how did you know in advance spyreX was going to jump out of the game?
He's my bro. You just know these things.

Plus he couldn't stop talking about how tired he was getting of Mafia for now. I hope to see him back soon.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:34 am

Post by iamausername »

Busy busy weekend, post tomorrow, yadda yadda yadda.

Looks like nothing much has happened while I've been gone anyway.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

RedCoyote wrote:Fonz, you have something for us, yes?
Still not UTD, had friends come from the weekend then travelled back to my folks' for Easter week.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

Cyberbob wrote: The hell? You spend most of your post castigating Chevre, demanding to know why she's still alive, saying you haven't changed your mind on her scumminess one bit and calling her out on a new "priceless moment" - only to unvote and switch to CKD. One of these things is not like the other things.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
OH HAI, CYBERBOB CONVENIENTLY FORGETTING HIS OWN SUSPICIOUS OF CKD TO ATTACK FARSIDE FOR ATTACKING CKD!

Any town credit he may have got for attacking ckd early obviously disappears as of this post.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Fate »

Today is trudge through this game day while I'm doin my laundry >_>b
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

Up to p60. I'd say that Kmd and CyberBob were my top suspects, except that I'd expect DGB to be dead if she'd been right like that.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Fate »

Gah forgot to take my phone with me to my new place (currently moving, can do laundry at new place fro free >_>) so I couldn't call the landlord and ask for the internet password -_-

Why the fuck are the deadlines secret?

I'll be caught up before the weekend though, guaranteed
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I started to look back over ckd for connections (which I regrettably neglected to really do in favor of pursuing a two or three really leads that ended up being complete dead ends), but since this day started, I've been kind of in the dumps here. I think that feeling is contagious, too, because it seems like there is a really big sense of stagnation here. All I see is Cyberbob, and I don't know how to fix that.

I'm fully prepared to not lead right now. Take that statement how you will, but I do not feel comfortable enough in my ability to scumhunt in this game right now. I don't know why, but hopefully it will be made clear who is pulling the strings when this game is over. As Fonz alluded to, it makes me think that a player like DGB, Korlash, or username is really doing a bang up job in misleading the town and shooting at it's morale, but I have no grounds with which to really pursue any of these players even if I wanted to. So, I mean, I've resigned myself, at least for D4, to be a follower. I feel like I had a huge part in the inHim mislynch, the would-be werewolf mislynch, and, of course, I was responsible for hammering both Gorrad and Chevre.

I don't know why I keep putting myself down, but I'm just trying to rationalize my ineffectiveness finding its way into my perfunctory activity and unassuming Cyberbob vote. I'm crying out for some leadership on the part of Ojanen, Fate, Fonz, Korlash, PF, or username here, all of which I have stable townreads on at this point.

That's way more honest than it needs to be, but it's the truth.

Otherwise we just need to get rid of Cyberbob and be done with it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 am

Post by iamausername »

Cyberbob wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
@Cyberbob

RC/inHim/??
So is no one even going to comment on the fact that Cyberbob is paying so little attention to this game that his second suspect is apparently the guy we lynched yesterday?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

That's actually kinda a town tell. Most scumgroups I've been in talk at night about who looks lynchable, who will need to be killed, who's a fellow traveller... makes it harder to make that kind of mistake, imho.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Korlash »

If I may play devil's advocate here, wouldn't talking about who is a good lynch target stick that person's name in your head? Wouldn't then, when you just post a scum list willy nilly, you end up saying the ones you talked about because they are already front and center? Obviously it's fixed by fact checking before you post but if he's posting the name of a dead person then regardless of his alignment he obviously didn't fact check.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:06 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes, talking about who's a good lynch target might stick that player's name in your head. You are unlikely to talk in that regard at night about a player who is already dead, and if you do, your partners are likely to correct you on it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think it's a null tell simply because we don't know what the scum have or have not discussed.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

That's ridiculous. You can't call it null because of the outside possibility scum didn't discuss the most rudimentary elements of scumplay.

The problem I have here, I suppose, is no-one has done anything screamingly antitown, and there's not a scum wagon, so everything just looks like a very meh blob of people stating their positions. I'm gonna see if dead town analysis and votecounts bring anything new, because reading the game just really caused my eyes to glaze over. DGB might be a percentage lynch, so i can't see either of Kmd and CB being scum without her.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”