Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Freewill »

Yeah, but I was just trying to get to Fate and see what he'd say. It's not like you (1) are a vig or (2) were going to follow my advice if you actually are a vigilante. Fate's misguided, but he's town. I don't have that confidence about any of the other players.
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Freewill »

"other players" meaning players that I could save or protos
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Umbrage »

We need a votecount.

Also, if Freewill saving Fate's sorry ass doesn't prove he's town, I don't know what will.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Fate »

Damn it....

I don't see scum saving me at the last minute when they could justify letting me die.

OR IS THAT WHAT YOU WHAT ME TO THINK

YOU TWO FACED BASTARD
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I knew there would be last minute shenanigans. These flips are going to reveal a lot. 2 days to deadline!!
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fate wrote:Damn it....

I don't see scum saving me at the last minute when they could justify letting me die.

OR IS THAT WHAT YOU WHAT ME TO THINK

YOU TWO FACED BASTARD
I've been confident in Freewill being town since we got into that little argument.

Buuuuut he should die by policy. Because I would rather winning/losing be decided by Fate.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But anyways, I don't really like the idea of Fate being saved by one of the damned. Because if he unspares right before deadline, then Fate's screwed and there's no loss for scum-Freewill.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 1.10
  • Internet Stranger
    (2) (Apokalyptika - Fate)

chesskid3
    (2) (Klazam - TonyMontana)

Umbrage
    (1) (Internet Stranger)

Duplicity
    (1) (chesskid3)

vezokpiraka
    (1) (Nachomamma8)

TonyMontana
    (1) (Duplicity)

Nachomamma8
    (1) (vezokpiraka)

Fate
    (1) (Freewill)

No One
    (1) (Protoss)

Not Voting
    (2) (FishytheFish - Umbrage)

No Safe Votes
    (5) (Klazam - Freewill - FishytheFish - Apokalyptika - Protoss)
Percentage Safe:
62%
of 75% necessary

With thirteen alive, it takes twelve safe to end the day before the deadline.
Current Deadline: Apr. 17th, 2011 at 3:00 PM (CST)
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

That's very true. The soon to be dead have no reason to cooperate. Now I'm nervous about apokalyptika screwing me out of an investigation.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Was just discussing the possibility of players on the chopping block removing ther votes right before deadline with Regfan (I'm using his full account name since he posted here on it, what a noob). Essentially, by the rules of the setup, if scum aren't being save, they can remove their votes at the last minute, giving them power over who lives and who dies. Regfan's suggestion was as such:

nacho moves from vezo to fate, vezo moves from nacho to ck3 (he's afraid of klazam possibly pulling off CK3, which would lead to more people dying due to a spare vote being wasted on CK3.), freewill should spare nacho if he's town. Not sure if people are going to agree with this, but I thought it would be good to put the idea out there. People need to start looking at whether or not they trust the person sparing them to keep their vote on them until deadline, is what I'm trying to get across.

Notable that klazam and protoss have promised reads but not delivered, as the deadline is coming up. Protoss sparing no one right now is majorly anti-town.

G.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm not switching my vote from nacho.

Are you crazy??? I don't want to lose my buddy.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Duplicity »

You seem to have misunderstoof or completely ignored the point we're trying to make Vezo. If there are currently 3 (Maximum) amount of players on the chopping block, all one of the players on the chopping block would have to do to survive is unvote the person they currently have voted to spare. This would cause 4 people to remain unspared upon the deadline giving mafia the choice of which three they would prefer to die in which case they could just save themselves.

The only real counter we have of this is the vig who would be able to just shoot anyone who would to this before they have a chance to cause more havoc tommorow, therefore it's pivotal to have players on Chesskid that are indeed town and not on the chopping block thus the need for you to change.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Umbrage »

Hm. Looks like I'm the last chance for any unsaved.

Klazam, do you really value chesskid3's life over your own?
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Freewill »

Duplicity wrote:You seem to have misunderstoof or completely ignored the point we're trying to make Vezo. If there are currently 3 (Maximum) amount of players on the chopping block, all one of the players on the chopping block would have to do to survive is unvote the person they currently have voted to spare. This would cause 4 people to remain unspared upon the deadline giving mafia the choice of which three they would prefer to die in which case they could just save themselves.

The only real counter we have of this is the vig who would be able to just shoot anyone who would to this before they have a chance to cause more havoc tommorow, therefore it's pivotal to have players on Chesskid that are indeed town and not on the chopping block thus the need for you to change.
This is a very good point. If we lynch 3 and ANY are scum who are the only person saving an individual, they simply unvote and survive while lynching the person they were previously saving.

For what it's worth, it's not all that anti-town for a doomed town player who thinks he's saving scum to swap his vote over to a more town player at the deadline. Sort of a one-shot vengeful townie, but if a town player is doing that, they need to be VERY careful. They need to actually believe they're lynching scum.
Protoss
Protoss
Townie
Protoss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Protoss »

Fishythefish wrote:
Freewill wrote:I know how you all hate thinking and all, but consider this:

If Fishy is scum and not actually lynch immune and we put 3 others up, then scum will get to choose who is saved. They'll pick fishy. Thus "confirming" him as what he said he was.
Very high risk - not a credible scum strategy. Also, I imagine we'd be informed of the resolution process. Naturally, me surviving the lynch doesn't confirm that I'm town, though - it might be possible to balance lynch-immune scum.

@Protoss: why is setup speculation scummy?
I was NOT referring to setup speculation. I was referring to the phrase "the mark of the beast".
Nachomamma8 wrote:Now Protoss, save Fate and realized how futile everything you've done has been.
Fate needs saved? I would definitely lend him my vote.
Freewill wrote:
Spare: Fate
guess not :)
Duplicity wrote: Protoss sparing no one right now is majorly anti-town.

G.
Of course you're going to mudsling me because you are one of my initial scumreads

I don't know if I trust Freewill
spare: Fate

I am going to go catch up. I still have about 20 pages to read.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Fate »

I <3 you Protoss
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Umbrage »

Freewill wrote:
Duplicity wrote:You seem to have misunderstoof or completely ignored the point we're trying to make Vezo. If there are currently 3 (Maximum) amount of players on the chopping block, all one of the players on the chopping block would have to do to survive is unvote the person they currently have voted to spare. This would cause 4 people to remain unspared upon the deadline giving mafia the choice of which three they would prefer to die in which case they could just save themselves.

This is a very good point. If we lynch 3 and ANY are scum who are the only person saving an individual, they simply unvote and survive while lynching the person they were previously saving.

For what it's worth, it's not all that anti-town for a doomed town player who thinks he's saving scum to swap his vote over to a more town player at the deadline. Sort of a one-shot vengeful townie, but if a town player is doing that, they need to be VERY careful. They need to actually believe they're lynching scum.
I'd approach that with the same caution as I would as a VT claiming a cop with a guilty on someone. Yes, it could win the game if you're right, but you'd better be really damn sure of your read.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Umbrage, if you could spare Fishy right now, that would be amazing. It will bring us closer to the proper threshold, but it won't affect anything else.
Freewill should save Protoss.

I would also feel much, much better if Duplicity saved chesskid and Klazam saved Tony Montana.

Protoss
Protoss
Townie
Protoss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Protoss »

I really like Duplicity's #177
I feel bad for being suspicious of him, whichever of those hydra heads made that post and I share a lot of reads.

Umbrage in #184 is setting fire to a church, and getting away with it. He completely doubts Chesskid3's claim, which, considering he has been softclaiming up until this point, I find fully believable. Chess is reading town to me as of page 8 due to the claim.

Tony then declares he is going to spare his suspects. I like this plan, and it goes well with pulling out at the last moment, something that is always good. Umbrage doesn't like that, I wonder why. He says to "declare FoS", and is being extremely anti-town and against any radical pro-town ideas or claims so far on this page. Umbrage needs to go.

I dislike Duplicity's #182. I believe this is because I am liking one head of the hydra's posting and not the other. Is that the case? If it is not, I fully retract starting to lean town on you and put you back into the null category. I find this post scummy and erasing whatever town cred I had just started to feel you gain.

Fate and IS at the bottom of page 8, in Fate's #199, bring up a good point about Chesskid. He could potentially cause LYLO to be a town-loss, although I suppose that could be worked around since people can choose to vote for noone and a town player could still be saved letting Chesskid martyr himself. Though I find this to be cementing my townread on fate that his mind is exploring those scenarios, let's hope we don't come to the point where that is even remotely a possibility.

I like Klazam's #214, and I will probably spare him for it if he doesn't fuck it up in the next 23 pages. I agree with his reads in it, and am reading town on him finding Fate to be abrasive to the point that he is willing to call him out on it.

I like Chesskid's vig targets. I would heavily encourage you to vig Umbrage over Fate.

I don't agree with Chesskid's #299, but I'm feeling it is more trolling than breadcrumbed. I will take a second look at it if spared, but I don't want to waste time exploring a dead end if I'm just going to be sacrificed.

lol #334 from Klazam attacks Fate, but does what he wants him to do by bolding his name. I feel Fate definitely came out the better from that with Freewill. Everything happens for a reason.
Fate wrote:OH MY GOD WHICH WINE IS POISON AND WHICH IS THE ONEY OYU )AEOFIJAOIJAFW WADAFF
they are both poison.

haven't you seen The Princess Bride? :)

@Fate
Also, what do you think of Chesskid's pardon claim, and IS's rolecop claim? I have seen those roles as scum way more often than town. I have pretty strong town reads on both of them, so I want to believe the claims, but how much should I question them?

Umrage is heavily rolefishing on page 14. Perhaps I am tunneling now, but I have a strong gut-read on him as being scum, and if it isn't going away after 14 pages, my strongest town read agrees with me, and he is dropping terrible noobiesque scumtells, I am not going to back down on this.

Another person I have been disliking through these 14 pages still if FishytheFish. He seems to parrot way too much. The kid can't use his own noggin, and it is making me lean scum on him, especially considering the flavor he claimed.

Umbrage is buddying up to Freewill at the bottom of page 15. I wouldn't be surprised if they were scumbuddies.

I'm through page 15, will catch up more after I get some lunch.
Cheers.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

So Nacho and vezok are cross-sparing now. Just FYI.

Glad to see Protoss working to make his slot look better...but will it be enough?
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Fate »

I've made my self clear on the both respective claims I believe.

IS very rarely claims, and for him to claim like that JUST to get chess lynched? Doubtful.

Chesskid's pardon claim is [REDACTED]

When you have a question for me that doesn't involve set-up speculation I'll be happier to answer that >_>b
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Freewill »

by voting someone who already has a spare, protos makes it so the mafia get to choose at least one person not to get saved.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Freewill wrote:by voting someone who already has a spare, protos makes it so the mafia get to choose at least one person not to get saved.
save someone else.
preferably protoss.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Umbrage »

So Protoss is CK3's buddy? Probably, yeah.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Umbrage, if you could spare Fishy right now, that would be amazing. It will bring us closer to the proper threshold, but it won't affect anything else.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”