Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Freewill »

Wicked comeback, Fate. Just admit you're wrong, and we can move on. You can even keep up the Freewill-is-scum campaign, but you must realize that you're actually wrong here. It may be as you say, but you don't know it for a fact.

Why do you think we have BANKABLE deadlines and no way to end the day early except by not-saving a single person? Maybe RedCoyote thought it would be a big laugh to make us sit through days of pseudo-twilight? Or what? Why do you think he says subject to elimination rather than simply say that those not saved are eliminated?
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Freewill »

Internet Stranger wrote:Damn, Freewill, dont give up. Fate is slapping you around, but dont let him get you down. You can do it Freewill! Do it!
Why would I? I'm correct in this statement: Neither Fate nor anyone else, unless it says so in their Role PM, knows whether everyone not saved will be lynched or not. Just because Fate is willing to say he "knows" something doesn't make it more correct.

Those who are willing to be swayed by Fate's bluster are either lazy or incapable of logical reasoning.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Fate »

RC probably wanted us to LYNCH like normal, aka one person a day.

COURSE I LIKE BLOOD SO HE SHOULDA REALIZED ID MAXIMIZE THE NUMBER OF LYNCHES EACH DAY.

WHOOPS.

I KNOW because the logic is fullproof with the information we currently have. If you have some SCUMWAY of surviving without a save vote, then of course you'd throw out this conjecture that HURRMAYBE WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT SPARE VOTES
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Freewill »

First, I'm okay with not-saving multiple people today if for no other reason than to figure out where we stand, even if that means not saving me. I'd rather hear from the mod and see if he can clarify, but notwithstanding that, I'm okay doing multiples.

Second, Let's say you're right for the moment, Fate. That it should be obvious to anyone reading the rules that not saved = lynched. RedCoyote should have no problem confirming that fact, right? If he made it that obvious.

Third, I don't think you give the mod enough credit in designing this game. I don't really know RC, but I do make the assumption he isn't one to just throw a game together willy-nilly.

Fourth, name your "fullproof" information you currently have. So far you have not done so.
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Freewill »

Waiting on you, Fate.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Yea, Fate!
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Fate »

1. Glad you decided not to fakeclaim a PR
2. I am right, yeah he will confirm it I suppose, still doesn't make you ANY LESS SCUM.
3. I'm sure he put a lot of thought into this set-up, and made sure ti wasn't breakable in anyway, but what RC NORMALLY doesn't account for (And this has been consistent for the PAST TWO theme games of his I've played, Precision and Bomb Mafia) is how he predicts players to INTERACT with his mechanic. He usually predicts wrong.
4. Fullproof=MY intelligence and ability to add 1+1
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

Damn, Freewill! Fate just slapped you like a bitch!
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Freewill »

1. I haven't claimed anything except that I have nothing in my Role PM that tells me how the lynch mechanic actually works
2. Good. Then hopefully he'll do that and he'll either confirm you're right or wrong and this whole conversation won't matter.
3. I have no idea if that's true, but this seems more than just an interaction thing. It seems like it'd have to be a major oversight.
4. Are you shitting me? Foolproof (or "fullproof" if you must) anything isn't your opinion of something; it isn't your guess. Regardless, humor me. What are those things you're adding together? Each time you answer with an evasion of what your actual source of confidence is, you make yourself look more foolish and more like a blowhard without any basis for his opinions other than a large ego, a desire never to admit fault, and an ability to talk in ALL CAPS.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Fate »

1. You've claimed you're ok with dying, WHOOPS you're locked into a VT claim now.
2. Oh it will matter, because its you distracting the thread with mechanic BULLSHIT when its already as clear as day.
3. Its not a major oversight, as the game isn't completely ruined at all by it.
4. 75% must be spared before the game can go into night, if they ARENT then people are spared by anti-town
until the fucking threshold is reached
What then cowboy? WHAT FUKIN THEN? The threshold is reached, but HURR DURR only one dies? NO EVERYONE WHO ISNT SAVED DIES THATS THE POINT OF THE FUCKING THRESHOLD YOU MORON
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Freewill »

Fate wrote:1. You've claimed you're ok with dying, WHOOPS you're locked into a VT claim now.
2. Oh it will matter, because its you distracting the thread with mechanic BULLSHIT when its already as clear as day.
3. Its not a major oversight, as the game isn't completely ruined at all by it.
4. 75% must be spared before the game can go into night, if they ARENT then people are spared by anti-town
until the fucking threshold is reached
What then cowboy? WHAT FUKIN THEN? The threshold is reached, but HURR DURR only one dies? NO EVERYONE WHO ISNT SAVED DIES THATS THE POINT OF THE FUCKING THRESHOLD YOU MORON
1. Maybe.
2. It isn't clear as day. And what am I distracting from exactly? Your amazing scum hunting?
3. No, but it sure doesn't look seamlessly designed when it occurs because it involves shooting the shit for days on end waiting for the deadline to finally be reached.
4. Are you kidding me? You really don't get this? Here's one possible setup with just four of many possible scenarios:

75% (then 70, then 65) threshold is a limit used to make sure that there are only X number of people on the table in any one day, making sure that we have to save more than just the two or three most town people every day.

A) At twilight X people are put into a random generator and one person is lynched.
B) At twilight X people are put to a scum role who gets to choose one person to be removed from random possiblity.
C) At twilight X people are put on the block and some sort of role hierarchy decides which is lynched.
D) At twilight all X people are lynched.

Each would work as a way of running this game, but A-C don't reward town for drawing out the day every single day.

I give examples because it's the easiest way to show that there are indeed other possibilities for the rule you're drawing on.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Fate »

From YOUR amazing scumhunting, of which there is: NONE AT FUCKING ALL.

I'm done with this. No more IS cheerleading will provoke me either.
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Freewill »

Internet Stranger wrote:Damn, Freewill! Fate just slapped you like a bitch!
How about you, IS. Do you think it's likely that we have a setup that, when played optimally, makes us wait until the deadline is reached each day AND has bankable deadlines?
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Freewill »

Fate wrote:From YOUR amazing scumhunting, of which there is: NONE AT FUCKING ALL.

That comeback doesn't really apply. You're the one who accused me of distracting from whatever was going on in the game with this. The fact that I hadn't done any scum hunting only hurts your point.
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Freewill »

Fate wrote:From YOUR amazing scumhunting, of which there is: NONE AT FUCKING ALL.

Also, I'll assume from this that you realized your foundation was shakier than you first thought, but it isn't in you to admit you were wrong about it. In that case, it's been nice doing business with you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Umbrage »

Klazam wrote:Umbrage: I do not understand your logic for refusing to allow a vig to live one night to see whether he has a real power or not.
Because there is no way to tell the difference between a vig and an SK or a member of a second scum team.

@IS: Who do you think is scum and why?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Klazam »

Chesskid will never live to endgame. he'll be lynched eventually, to make sure that he isnt a SK at the least. In the meantime, why dont we let him live?

If it was not chess claiming vig, i wonder if your response would be the same.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Umbrage »

We kill him now because he is confirmed scum, and I want to hit scum today.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Klazam »

You're ignoring the possibility that he could be a town vig.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

Freewill: It depends on what your opinion is of maximum carnage vs careful lynching. So, I dont know. I think what we are doing is optimal based on the claims. Maybe RC didnt expect Chess to fakeclaim right away so that his scum buddies didnt have to use their votes to save him.

Umbrage: Chess for sure (as I have made abundantly clear). Tony likely. Tony mostly due to lack of content and favorable actions towards chesskid. At this point, im just waiting for the deadline, everyone is just waiting to see what happens. Votes arent going to change much now, so we need a few flips to see whos hiding something.
Show

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Umbrage »

Seriously? Confirmed scum and the lurker? That's it?

Actually, compared to the rest of the playerbase, that's not a bad list.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:30 am

Post Counts:

Apokalyptika: 15
Chesskid: 102
Duplicity: 52
Fate: 133
Fishy: 28
Freewill: 44 (like 10+ of them in the last few hours)
IS: 63
Klazam: 29
Nacho: 6
Mask: 8
Tony: 20
Umbrage: 87
Vezo: 19

When the game is being played by only 5 people out of 13, its kinda makes it more difficult to find the all of scum.
Show

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Some people really need to slow down their posting. It makes the game pretty much impossible to keep up with and read when there are about 30 posts a day from about 4 people (Fate alone is going at 10/day). I don't care how much you like shouting at each other.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Klazam »

Fishythefish wrote:Some people really need to slow down their posting. It makes the game pretty much impossible to keep up with and read when there are about 30 posts a day from about 4 people (Fate alone is going at 10/day). I don't care how much you like shouting at each other.
This is why i'm not posting enough.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

Exactly. Also, while we're here, anyone want to give me a quick rundown of why I'm on the chopping block?
Witness the man who raves at the wall

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”