Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
, please try to replace Antihero.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:Iam:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, yabbaguy wanted you dead, and he died for it so....
DGB is either:
A) right
B) wrong
C) lying

The only thing that supports EITHER a dgb lynch or non-red lynch is if you think dgb is wrong or lying. I don't think she'd be dumb enough as scum to try to use a NK to frame somebody. I also respect her town game enough that if she is town, I trust the red vote.
I think DGB was wrong. I mean, pretty much everybody agreed that yabbaguy was obvtown, so it's not like there was a lack of motive for scum to kill him. But if you do want to look at who yabbaguy wanted dead, then, well...
yabbaguy wrote: Meanwhile, we're all being a grand bunch of egotists again. Who are we willing to lynch?

Me:
inHim
Kmd
-rift-
Coyote
you of all people should probably not be using this as a point against RC.

But besides that, you "respect her town game", OK, but why are you all of sudden even considering DGB's town game when you have been saying since day one that she is obvious scum? It doesn't make any sense to me how you can say you're pretty sure DGB is scum, but we should lynch who she wants to lynch because she's good when she's town. There is some seriously heavy cognitive dissonance going on there that I just can't get my head around.

Korlash wrote: Ok so I followed up on my suspicions and don't see reason not to press it.

Vote: iamausername

He calls Chev obv town day one without any sort of reasoning I could find. he figures that out day two and pushes what amounts to a forced case on her.
What was forced about it?
Korlash wrote:He makes a couple mentions to CKD during this push, but when CKD flips scum he sweeps it under the rug without any effort at all.
I don't even understand what you're accusing me of here. After CKD was already dead I... didn't try to get him lynched?
Korlash wrote:He pushes Anti for the first day and a half but when he claims he gets on my case for "pot shots"? I don't get it, Anti was your bread and butter up until the claim, yet you try and divert my attention away from him instead of allowing me to prob his claim a little. Bullshit man...
I have explained repeatedly why Antihero would obviously not have claimed when he did if he was scum.

Also, the point of my 'pot shots' post was not that you should stop pressing Antihero, it was that if you actually thought he was scum, you should probably commit to that with a vote instead of leaving it lounging on someone you didn't seem to actually care about one way or the other at the time. Evidently I was wrong about how strongly you felt on your SpyreX vote.

Do you still think Antihero is at all likely to be lying scum? Why?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

You missed the part where I don't think she'd be dumb enough to try framing someone with a NK as scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

iamausername wrote:Do you still think Antihero is at all likely to be lying scum? Why?
Whoever said IAUN is scum might be right. He's asking pointless questions about other players being scum, for other players to answer.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Ojanen »

What Kmd is pushing is bullshit of the highest magnitude. Go and read the end of yesterday. It falls down already at the point that YABBAGUY WAS NOT BLOODTHIRSTY FOR REDCOYOTE'S DEATH BY THE END OF THINGS. From this starting point you cannot cross at all to the whole framing jungle.

But I like some of his other bullshit. The "obvious crumb" on inHim was also a total reach, but it's a bit fanciful for scum to come up with.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Fine, fine...

Unvote, Vote Spy
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Korlash »

Iam wrote:What was forced about it?
I spent two minutes staring at my computer trying to think of a more fitting word then forced, which is a long time when you're staring at a brightly lit computer machine thingy... I don't think it's the proper word but it's the closest I could get to my feelings on the matter. Now with that in mind...

You come out first with the two quotes taken out of context and tried to squeeze a point out of it. She had taken a stand in her first post (I don't think I can accept it) and from that point on was simply trying to get an explanation out of a tomato. ignoring her stance and choosing to misrep her posts isn't the strongest way to start off what I consider your "case" post on her. Moving on.

Your second 'point' essentially falls to reasoning as to why she posted her, how did you put it, 98 paragraphs? calling her response to Inhim 'snotty' and some sort of scum ploy is laughably ridiculous. If that was her entire point behind the post she sure lost interest in it fast seeing as how she mentioned Inhim... how many times after that? Right, none. You forced a point by invention some malicious reason behind her posts.

your katsuki 'point' is a sarcastic irrationality. It's perfectly reasonable to ask for reasons why something isn't pro town when someone accuses you of doing such, especially when you are also looking for reasoning behind their already placed vote on you. (something overlooked here.) We can argue the differences between not pro-town and scum some other time, the point is her response to kat wasn't unreasonable and it's evident by your inability to actually come out and say it, instead having to resort to more around the bush means.

your '182' comment might have been something if you had said anything alone with it. By itself it's a sorry pointless jab at nothing.

Your 'anti town' comment is clearly bull shit. she says very clearly she finds it anti-town, then you claim she isn't talking about her own read. That's fabricating evidence to support a previous 'point'.

I can't find fault with your CKD point, although I disagree with it. I don't actually read it as her listing jerbs as number two and Dutch as number three, simply her saying WW is her top, followed by these three. i could state my reasoning for it but it seems pointless. her reasoning for her CKD vote was lacking so it's at least a viable point on your end. I think that makes one so far...

You're 'contradiction' point is a stretch, although my refute to it would also be a stretch. I take it back to when she actually switches her vote off CKD and onto Dutch. She says she "didn't know where to start", seeing as how she didn't give reasoning behind her CKD vote that seems to fit. Switching to Dutch after actually taking the time to think about it would fit with what she's saying. You might have actually had a reasonable point here but you choose to label it as a "contradiction", streatching it way worse then it was.

Your comment to her "I missed where we confirmed Xtoxm" is just stupid.

And your comment on her last post seems off. Not only does it make sense that opinions at the end of day one and the opinions nearer to the end of day two differ due to recent activity, but it also makes sense for people to give their opinions on the current 'topics of discussion'. I've read her post and I just don't get this one.

So all in all we have one 'good' point, one I just don't understand, and the rest completely fabricated bullshit. I think 'forced' is putting it rather mildly.
Iam wrote:I don't even understand what you're accusing me of here. After CKD was already dead I... didn't try to get him lynched?
My bad, I often forget I don't communicate well with people of greater intelligence then myself. I meant that your look into CKD was highly lacking. Amounting to a mere 30 min with a resulting one line of near pointless drivel. I find it hard to believe with the amount of effort you put into other aspects of the game, that your analysis of a known scum would be so lacking and ineffective. In addition, i find it hard to believe in the two and half pages worth of CKD iso you couldn't find anything to actually point out or mention... I'll admit, I haven't done a CKD read myself... maybe there literally isn't anything... But your resulting nothing doesn't seem right seeing as how much effort you have put elsewhere.
Iam wrote:I have explained repeatedly why Antihero would obviously not have claimed when he did if he was scum.

Also, the point of my 'pot shots' post was not that you should stop pressing Antihero, it was that if you actually thought he was scum, you should probably commit to that with a vote instead of leaving it lounging on someone you didn't seem to actually care about one way or the other at the time. Evidently I was wrong about how strongly you felt on your SpyreX vote.

Do you still think Antihero is at all likely to be lying scum? Why?
yeah your comments towards me don't relay that conveyance at all. I've read them multiple times over and can't see them fitting your explanation given here. guess we'll just have to disagree on this one.

And likely to be scum? no. I think he is still
possible
scum but I don't feel any urgent need, want, or reason to press the matter. I could see a time where my feelings on the matter change, one way or the other, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Why do you ask?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DGB 1803 wrote:Whoever said IAUN is scum might be right. He's asking pointless questions about other players being scum, for other players to answer.
Let's be honest. You'll take anyone's lynch.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

she wouldnt take kmds lynch imho tho or korlahs
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DGB 1769 wrote:Kmd4390 (hasn't posted because working on fakeclaim scum-tell, mega-lurking, bizarre contribution
based on first 7 pages,
WITH VOTE
, scummy as all hell) - needs a good lynching.
But, yeah, she does like Korlash. We all like Korlash; he's the new yabba.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

idk i think his posting is super annoying i will be v pissed off after the game if he's scum and was allowed to breeze through with posting like that
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

By the by, are there any other power roles? Does the town only have Hider + RB + Vig? Seems kind of stunted when we know there was an SK and a Mafia Suicide Bomber.

The reason I ask is because this game is getting pretty long. I don't see much benefit to continued hiding. If we have any sort of investigative role at all, it would seem like now would be as good of time as any to show some results.

Without coming across like rolefishing, I think I know who the Vig is. The only reason I say this is because with a little added information I think the lynch will be narrowed down considerably today.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Day 4 Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."
- Rhett Butler

RedCoyote
- 3 - DrippingGoofball, Cyberbob, SpyreX
Cyberbob
- 1 - RedCoyote
Kmd4390
- 1 - iamausername
iamausername
- 1 - Korlash
SpyreX
- 1 - Kmd4390

Players not voting:
Antihero, PokerFace, Ojanen

Notes/Prods
:
- Antihero did PM me to tell me he still wanted to be in the game and that he would have a post soon, but the day was deadlined. He still gets the courtesy of a prod, but my patience is wearing thin.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Korlash wrote:You're surprised I'm not funny? When have I ever been funny? why is that suspicious to you? Couldn't I put up a smokescreen and be funny at the same- ha ha ha... yeah I couldn't keep it straight either... Let me put it this way, do you actually think I act differently (at least when it comes to not being funny) in accordance to my role?
You used to be funny when we played before your hiatus. Let's put it this way. Are you having fun making these bizzarro stories in your posts? If no one is laughing then I can't see how you are having fun. Seems more like you are waisting everyones time with smoke and mirrors. And I think you would do that as scum. So yay I guess I'd expect you to be funnier as town or more importantly more relevant with your logic and fun as apposed to making absolute non-sence
Korlash wrote:Why would you think in a 21 player game we would auto no lynch without a majority? Also, you clearly said you thought Inhim was scum. Why is your reasoning simply "to prevent no lynch"? wouldn't you, I don't know, fall on your reasoning why he was scum? And that's my point. You made sure to make it your "word" you would be on the wagon... I don't see lynching someone as something you should have to sign up for in order to participate, know what I mean?
All mods are different and I had no certainty in the rules on what Red would do. Also look back at how I explained things to you in my last post. The word "Second" was used to describe inhim which meant that yes i thought he was scum and or second on who i wanted to go down. As far as why I gave my word any further I'm not sure. I guess its a trait of my character. Like if I plan to do it I follow through at one point or another. You are right you don't have to signup for that sort of thing but I guess I do it anyway out of me being me
Korlash wrote:Ok so I followed up on my suspicions and don't see reason not to press it.

Vote: iamausername

He calls Chev obv town day one without any sort of reasoning I could find.
he figures that out day two and pushes what amounts to a forced case on her.
He makes a couple mentions to CKD during this push, but when CKD flips scum he sweeps it under the rug without any effort at all.
when did IAMUser do those two things? I don't see it

________

OJanenWeather wrote:But I like some of his
KMD
other bullshit.
What bullshit of his do you like? Can you be less general?

________

RedCoyote wrote:By the by, are there any other power roles? Does the town only have Hider + RB + Vig? Seems kind of stunted when we know there was an SK and a Mafia Suicide Bomber.
You are forgeting Farside was a Doc. Does that effect how much you think we can narrow things down? If massclaim or other power roles claiming does happen I think Anti should say if his blocking catches any liars after the claiming.

Korlashes most recent post is only post i ain't read yet. My breaks at work need to be longer.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

@ kublai khan can you fix tags i had where i quote korlash for the third time? I was going to underline that and then changed my mind to bold it but not every tag. I guess it still stands out some though

It is done.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kublai Khan wrote:
RedCoyote
- 3 - DrippingGoofball, Cyberbob, SpyreX
Cyberbob
- 1 - RedCoyote
Kmd4390
- 1 - iamausername
iamausername
- 1 - Korlash
SpyreX
- 1 - Kmd4390

Players not voting:
Antihero, PokerFace, Ojanen

Just realized that DGB/Cyber/Spy make up the RedCoyote wagon. I won't be getting back on it.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:52 am

Good point...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

poker wrote:You used to be funny when we played before your hiatus. Let's put it this way. Are you having fun making these bizzarro stories in your posts? If no one is laughing then I can't see how you are having fun. Seems more like you are waisting everyones time with smoke and mirrors. And I think you would do that as scum. So yay I guess I'd expect you to be funnier as town or more importantly more relevant with your logic and fun as apposed to making absolute non-sence
Eh, I'll take the criticism. For what it's worth I am having fun, but it's never been my intention to damage the game. guess it's going to take me a little bit more to get back into the groove, so to speak.
Poker wrote:when did IAMUser do those two things? I don't see it
Called Chev 'obv town' day one:
Iam, Iso post 78 wrote: This is bad. All of these people should probably pick one of Chevre and Gorrad, or do a much better job of pushing their current vote, realise that still nobody cares, and then pick one of Chevre and Gorrad.
p.s. as per above, I'll be picking Gorrad when this post inevitably fails to attract anyone to a Xalxe/Antihero lynch, because Chevre is obvtown.
Linking CKD to Chev:
Iam, Iso post 15 wrote:Post #170: I'm not convinced that CKD read it either. If Chevre turns out to be scum, I'm pretty sure CKD should take a bullet just for this post.
Iam, Iso post 31 wrote:CKD moves down to #1 suspect given a scum flip on Chevre.
Other thoughts on CKD during that time frame:
Iam, Iso post 16 wrote: Post #562: Korlash now arguing for the sake of arguing, and making some incredibly dumb comments in the process. I think he might have accidentally unearthed something worthwhile though, the Xalxe/CKD stuff seems like there is a definite inconsistency going on from SpyreX.
It really doesn't make a lot of sense, but the way he lets Xalxe off is the first time CKD has appeared to show any concern about figuring out another players alignment in this game, and now I'm thinking it's possible that he's just really misguided town.
thoughts on CKD before all this:
Iam, Iso post 6 wrote:Someone asked me what I thought of Gorrad and CKD. Gonna have to cop out on a CKD read, he's entirely under my radar at the moment. I don't mean that he's lurking, just nothing in his posts has given me any particular opinion one way or the other on his alignment.
First placement of CKD on scum list: (third 'scummiest')
Iam, Iso post 15 wrote:
[rest off town]

RedCoyote
curiouskarmadog
Chevre
Antihero
Entirety of CKD readup:
Iamm, Iso post 34/35 wrote:I guess I'll go look over CKD's posts and see if anything glaring comes up, but I'm pretty sure this is the way to go.
OK, all I really get from CKD's iso is that dutch one is obvtown, and I knew that already.
He pushed CKD to his top five scummiest players the entire day two with almost no reasoning behind it, then seems to skirt actually trying to ascertain anything from his readup of CKD.

in posts following this one he does proceed to discuss CKD connections with Inhim, most specifically once he started pushing the Inhim wagon. And he even returns to his Spy/CKD connection he mentioned in post 16, at one point calling it "probably the most suspicious interactions with CKD out of anyone" but abandons the vote and pressure do entirely to something I said.

So I suppose my suspicions here come down to His putting CKD high on his scum list for no reason of his own, linking CKD to Chev, quickly abandoning the Spy/CKD connection through no action of Spy's, and being uncharacteristically lacking in his researching of CKD.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:06 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:Just realized that DGB/Cyber/Spy make up the RedCoyote wagon. I won't be getting back on it.
OH COME ON
Cyberbob wrote: she wouldnt take kmds lynch imho tho or korlahs
lol nice try.

I think RC is probably right and we should massclaim today. I should probably respond more to Korlash, but eh.

Unvote

VOTE: Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Cyberbob »

iamausername wrote:lol nice try.
nice try at what are you high

fyi i was extremely wasted around the time of that post you can look at my posts elsewhere on the forum to confirm
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 am

PokerFace wrote:You used to be funny when we played before your hiatus. Let's put it this way. Are you having fun making these bizzarro stories in your posts? If no one is laughing then I can't see how you are having fun.
I'm laughing. Don't rag on my Korlash.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 am

Also, I'm not sure how much internet access I'm going to have between April 13-27. I'll be traveling across Nevada/Utah/Arizona, without laptop or handheld device. Maybe I should proxy my vote.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cyberbob wrote:
Well you just dropped a heavy implication that DGB, KMD and Korlash are all scum together, while you are voting for none of them.

MUD
SLINGING
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

iamausername wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
Well you just dropped a heavy implication that DGB, KMD and Korlash are all scum together, while you are voting for none of them.

MUD
SLINGING
And now YOU are implying that Cyberbob is scum with DGB/Kmd/Korlash as town (Unless he's mudslinging at buddies), yet you were just voting me.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yes, and?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”