Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Fate »

So... SCUMMY people buddying me doesn't make me town.

And now you have an OMGUS scumread on me.

YUP.

You're for dying,
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Fate wrote:So... SCUMMY people buddying me doesn't make me town.

And now you have an OMGUS scumread on me.

YUP.

You're for dying,
YOU'VE NEVER FUCKING HEARD OF SCUM BUDDYING EACH OTHER?

THIS ENTIRE ATTACK ON ME IS A CHAINSAW OF DUPLICITY.

WHO, BIG SURPRISE, THINKS YOU'RE THE GREATEST.

2 + 2 = FATE AND DUPLICITY ARE SCUM.

IT'S NOT OMGUS WHEN YOU'RE SCUMMY.

TODAY WE KILL FATE AND DUPLICITY.

TOMORROW WE DO A HAPPY DANCE.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Finally had a chance to have a conversation with G. We've decided to refrain from posting about our FoS at this point because we have enough meta-tells on this player to attain a stronger read from them if we just let them play their natural game.

Umbrage, you have a tendancy to tunnel and not read peoples posts properly - Never have I stated I think Fate is the greatest, in fact I find his play-style to be sub-par but that's a conversation for another day.

R.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 1.2
  • chesskid3
    (1) (TonyMontana)

TonyMontana
    (1) (Fate)

Fate
    (1) (vezokpiraka)

Umbrage
    (1) (Internet Stranger)

Duplicity
    (1) (chesskid3)

Internet Stranger
    (1) (Apokalyptika)

Not Voting
    (7) (Umbrage - Freewill - Nachomamma8 - Klazam - The Mask - FishytheFish - Duplicity)

No Safe Votes
    (7) (vezokpiraka - Apokalyptika - Freewill - Nachomamma8 - Klazam - The Mask - FishytheFish)
Percentage Safe:
46%
of 75% necessary

With thirteen alive, it takes twelve safe to end the day before the deadline.
Current Deadline: Apr. 17th, 2011 at 3:00 PM (CST)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Freewill wrote:@Fishy: if you're going to claim that shit, claim it. Otherwise you're anti-town and making our life harder. And I don't like when life is hard.
I'm done claiming. I don't have a vote, I don't die if not spared, and I'd rather not be spared - that's all for now.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:25 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

At the very least chesskid is going to die right? Since you can't really force anyone to do anything, can we just have the lurkers start voting and let them decide what they want to do with Chess and Dupe before Fate/umbrage shout them down into complacency?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Umbrage »

Duplicity wrote:Finally had a chance to have a conversation with G. We've decided to refrain from posting about our FoS at this point because we have enough meta-tells on this player to attain a stronger read from them if we just let them play their natural game.

Umbrage, you have a tendancy to tunnel and not read peoples posts properly - Never have I stated I think Fate is the greatest, in fact I find his play-style to be sub-par but that's a conversation for another day.

R.
No.

Sorry, but you don't get a get-out-of-scumhunting-free card because you're a hydra, or you've got 'meta-tells', or whatever.

I have a tendency to tunnel. OK. What the hell does that mean? Am I scum or town? Same goes for Fate. This is NOT 'a conversation for another day', this is a conversation to have RIGHT NOW. SCUM OR TOWN?

Don't wait for your second head. Don't second-guess yourself with meta. Don't fucking stall any longer. WHO IS SCUM?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Buddy come and spare me for God's sake.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Duplicity »

Umbrage - I'm not attempting to stall anything, you clearly seem to misunderstand. I know that I have a higher chance of attaining a solid read on my current FoS if I allow them to play as they naturally do for a while longer. Don't get me wrong, I do plan on outing them way before day end.

Considering previous knowledge I consider tunnelling a null-tell in regards to you, though I do overall have a slight-town read on you due to:
#13 - Umbrage: Slight town-tell from it - Host would have made sure mafia got their role PM’s, missed role PM is likely to be a town role over a mafia one
#56 - Umbrage: Slight town-tell from it - Shows an attempt at scum hunting and putting forward a case.

R.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Umbrage »

Duplicity wrote:I know that I have a higher chance of attaining a solid read on my current FoS if I allow them to play as they naturally do for a while longer. Don't get me wrong, I do plan on outing them way before day end.
Read: I'm going to wait until I know what bandwagon is popular.

Fate might be just dumb, but Duplicity is scum, people. Go ahead and join the FATEDERPTEAM if you want, but Duplicity needs to go.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Duplicity »

Umbrage - You only have to think about it for two seconds, If I were mafia wouldn't I want to out an alternative FoS to attempt to cast suspicion and attention elsewhere? Therefore the fact that I'm withholding some of my thoughts is a complete null-tell.

In what way do you not understand that if I were to just out my FoS right now it would result in a diminishment in the chance that I would be able to reaffirm it later on?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Im sure it will be quite convenient if it turns out that someone on the verge of death suddenly is suspect. Otherwise, it could come in timely in order to save a scumbuddy on the verge of death.

It really works both way Dupe.

I want to hear more from lurkers and see who they want to spare. And I notice Chesskid disappeared.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Umbrage »

Duplicity wrote:Umbrage - You only have to think about it for two seconds, If I were mafia wouldn't I want to out an alternative FoS to attempt to cast suspicion and attention elsewhere? Therefore the fact that I'm withholding some of my thoughts is a complete null-tell.

In what way do you not understand that if I were to just out my FoS right now it would result in a diminishment in the chance that I would be able to reaffirm it later on?
1) That's WIFOM.

2) In my experience scum tend to leave backdoors for themselves.

3) You haven't even said who your FoS is on. You could point to anybody later and say "I thought they were scummy from the beginning".

4) Such play is the opposite of what town normally does. It's accepted practice to build a case as you go. That way you get feedback, if there's a valid explanation for something you thought was scummy, you can let it drop. Other people can contribute to the case, and you can judge reactions. Cutting yourself off from these resources is illogical, unless you have something to hide.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Duplicity »

Umbrage - I can see how it can be considered WIFOM so that's understandable. The idea of backdooring however is lost in this game. The general idea of backdooring is that mafia convince the town to majority vote someone other then themselves in oder to prevent their own lynch.

* In this game town: Do not need to attempt to convince a majority of the town that someone deserves to die, instead they just need to convince those currently voting their FoS to move their vote.

* In this game mafia: Do not have to prevent themselves from being voted by a majority of the town, they just have to gain assurance they have one of the town believes them. Therefore there is more insentive in this setup for mafia to attempt to please and meet the towns demands rather then to withold information in an attempt to create a last minute scramble.

Validation of my thoughts are being done through G who is attempting to keep me level headed when he believes I start to tunnel, posting my thoughts in the thread at the current moment will do close to nothing to benefit the town - If you believe otherwise feel free to explain to me what other benefits this would include other then validation which is already occuring and response which would throw the player of their normal meta.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Umbrage »

1) That's not what I mean by backdoor. I mean that you have been avoiding giving definite reads, always leaving a way to allow yourself to switch opinions as developments occur. While everyone changes their mind, it's scummy to do it preemptively.

2) G is certainly a resource you should use. But we need to know who finds who scummy, particularly with the absence of standard lynch mechanics. Sharing reads allows the rest of the town to give their opinion on said reads, it's the best way to find links between players, and the only way a wagon can grow.
Freewill
Freewill
Goon
Freewill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Freewill »

Spare: vezo

Not particularly townie to me, but it's the only way to get pressure on some of these other jokers.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Duplicity »

Umbrage - I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree. Mafia stating a definitive read is sometimes easier then them keeping their options open, them stating a definitive read allows them a direction of which they can steer conversation thus making it easy for them to predict towns responses - Anyway this is turning into semantics arguments so I"ll put this aside for now. I believe I have shared all my reads at the current moment with the exception of my FoS of which reasons I've already stated.

Freewill - If what you're after is to increase the pressure towards those who have yet to post real content then why put a save vote on one of the players who is actively lurking at the moment - Wouldn't creating pressure be more revealing in regards to his allignment than that of some of the inactive players?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Umbrage »

Duplicity wrote:Freewill - If what you're after is to increase the pressure towards those who have yet to post real content then why put a save vote on one of the players who is actively lurking at the moment - Wouldn't creating pressure be more revealing in regards to his allignment than that of some of the inactive players?
Agreed. Vezok is definitely not an MVP. Why spare him?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Duplicity owes me a spare vote or his disappears
I'm a townread of theirs so that shouldn't be a problem should it?

Also at lOLLOLOL CK is gone...I have my reads, I have my spare votes
See you all tomorrow
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

I don't know what the point of saying you have a FoS and not outing it is; if you have meta-tells on a player, just don't say anything, yes? If you say you have a mysterious FoS, you'd probably just end up putting everyone on guard and reducing the effectiveness of the mysterious tells anyway. Also, chess needs to be dead yesterday, but y'all know that already.
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Klazam »

(Posting in all my games)

Sorry for the inactivity.

I'll post tonight, in order of deadlines.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Why do I need to be dead yesterday? Because I claimed part of my role and for the second game in a row a bunch of setup outguessers decided it had to be a scum fakeclaim/scum role?

Clearly the problem is me.
Clearly
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by The Mask »

vezokpiraka wrote:Buddy come and spare me for God's sake.
I actually like vezok. He's colorful and isn't boring me to death like half this playerlist.
Pages 3-5 made my eyes dry as FUCK. Umbrage and Duplicity should be eliminated for nonsense setup spec' AND GET AN AVATAR

Apokalyprus is scum. He should definitely die today. I have a feeling Montana may be scum as well, or just as disinterested in reading as I am. Maybe both.

CK3 & Fishy contrast each other, so they likely have the same alignment. Fish needs no votes, but CK3 needs 2. It balances out for that faction, but at this point, I myself have no role related reason to wonder if its town or scum.

My policy-spare vote will likely be going to Freewill or Nacho if he ever shows up. If he gets replaced, Freewill gets my vote.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

agreed on apok btw
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

The Mask wrote:CK3 & Fishy contrast each other, so they likely have the same alignment. Fish needs no votes, but CK3 needs 2. It balances out for that faction, but at this point, I myself have no role related reason to wonder if its town or scum.
On the other hand, I
have
no vote. And scum inherently needs balancing anyway.

vezok looks pretty good here. I'd be most up for chesskid/Dup/Apok deaths I reckon. Apok keeps having little digs at people, without ever going so far as to give a read or anything committal like that. chesskid's role is not a good one to have in the endgame if he's town, and I think it's likely he's scum anyway. Not just for his role any more - voting Dup without any stated reason and asking Dup to vote him back just stinks - he's trying to create solidarity with another suspected player so that he can live. chess is also using the argument "people guessed wrong about my role last game, so they must be wrong this game", which simply isn't an argument.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”