Open 293 - Donner Party Mafia, Take Two (Game Over)

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:15 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Words, words, and more words
If your argument was that I tried to lynch someone I found scummier over someone who had claimed VT, then yes, I did that. You yourself (more than once) included Xalxe in a list of 4 players in which you said there was 1-2 scum. Did you forget that? Are you allowed to find him scummy and I not?

So apparently I misinterpreted you as trying to point out something meaningful. My mistake.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
DeathRowKitty wrote:Actually, maybe MoI IS scum....it would certainly explain how he could possibly think lane was scum day 1 and why he's making such a crap argument for me to be vigged. -_-
Lol ... I can turn this around also.

I can't see how you could possibly thing Xalxe was scum Day 1 he SCREAMED Town.

Nice fucking try.
Lolno. You thought Xalxe was scummy. I called lane town ON PAGE 2 and never once backed down from that read. Every single thing lane did day 1 screamed town.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oh, I forgot the closing, sorry.

Nice fucking try.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

DRK wrote:Lolno. You thought Xalxe was scummy. I called lane town ON PAGE 2 and never once backed down from that read. Every single thing lane did day 1 screamed town.
You know who is more likely to call scummy playing Town as such early? Scum. Because THEY FUCKING KNOW WHO IS THEIR PARTNER. Yeah, easy to call someone under fire Town when you know they only have a 1 in 10 chance of being the Serial Killer.

But to correct you I called Xalxe a lurker. Did I say all the people on the lurkers list were scum? Nope nice try. I said there was AT LEAST 1 in there. Hey look, I was absolutely right since we know Singer is scum. If I called him scummy like Lane and Friend I would have pushed him. As I did both of them. And will you tomorrow if you don't get killed.

Try to spin this however you want – you were instrumental in causing a Dietician claim form Xalxe as opposed to pushing Friend as you CLAIMED to do.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Except lane wasn't even REMOTELY scummy. His play screamed town at the top of its lungs all day and you had your fingers in your ears, screaming repeatedly, "I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M NOT LISTENING"
MoI wrote:But to correct you I called Xalxe a lurker. Did I say all the people on the lurkers list were scum? Nope nice try. I said there was AT LEAST 1 in there.
Let's do some MATHEMAGIC. You said there was at least 1, possibly 2 on that list of 4. Let's average that out to 1.5. You were saying there was a 37.5% chance of each one being scum. If you're town, each completely neutral player has a 25% chance. If you're scum, an 8.3% chance (approximately). But even without resorting to numbers, the fact that you specifically pointed out that there was scum in that group implies that you found a greater than average chance of one of them being scum. To attack me for going after Xalxe is lolhypocritical.
MoI wrote:Try to spin this however you want – you were instrumental in causing a Dietician claim form Xalxe as opposed to pushing Friend as you CLAIMED to do.
And again, I mistook you for pointing out something meaningful. I pushed the Friend lynch
at deadline
. You were actually accusing me of going after someone I found scummy and you found more likely than average to be scum, since apparently I'm not allowed to use the word "scummy" to describe that in your case.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Actually, I want to have a little fun here.
MoI wrote:If I called him scummy like Lane and Friend I would have pushed him. As I did both of them. And will you tomorrow if you don't get killed.
If I'm scummy enough to make a case on, do so now. Why do I ask for you to do this? Because I want you to waste your time. I would find that funny because I'm a bad person. Go on, find some quotes from day 1 and everything. It should be fun.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
MoI wrote:Try to spin this however you want – you were instrumental in causing a Dietician claim form Xalxe as opposed to pushing Friend as you CLAIMED to do.
And again, I mistook you for pointing out something meaningful. I pushed the Friend lynch
at deadline
. You were actually accusing me of going after someone I found scummy and you found more likely than average to be scum, since apparently I'm not allowed to use the word "scummy" to describe that in your case.
And while I'm at it, let's get some more on this.

You're saying it was scummy to get a dietician claim from Xalxe, right? Then let me ask you something: do you think I knew ahead of time that Xalxe was dietician? Even if I were scum, that's lulzily ridiculous. So why would you bring up causing a dietician claim as something scummy, hm? Run out of legitimate things to say?

Quote tag fixed.
Last edited by Magua on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oooops.
Mod, can you fix the failed quote tag?
(there should be a [quote="DeathRowKitty"] at the start)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 am

DRK wrote:Except lane wasn't even REMOTELY scummy. His play screamed town at the top of its lungs all day and you had your fingers in your ears, screaming repeatedly, "I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M NOT LISTENING"
Wow, lovely use of rhetoric. Lane played scummy and was an acceptable lynch. Feel free to keep screaming he was Pro-Town as much as you want. Doesn’t make you correct.
DRK wrote:Let's do some MATHEMAGIC ….
Followed by meaningless statistics
Lulz. When players lurk scum are going to take advantage of that. Fact. I’d expect you to know this but at this stage I think you are scum arguing just to argue.

So listing players who are potential scum via lurking doesn’t in the slightest mean their behavior in thread when they are here (however limited) is scummy.

Xalxe was far from scummy. Your ‘case’ on him revolved around something stupid about scum-chat. Not compelling at all. But it's hard to build an actual case when you know someone isn't scum, isn't it?
DRK wrote:And again, I mistook you for pointing out something meaningful. I pushed the Friend lynch at deadline. You were actually accusing me of going after someone I found scummy and you found more likely than average to be scum, since apparently I'm not allowed to use the word "scummy" to describe that in your case.
Actually … I’m accusing you of fake-scum hunting in an effort to find Town PR claims. Which you succeeded at. Bravo, job well done.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:48 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wheeeee, let's decompose your post some more while I wait!
MoI wrote:I said there was AT LEAST 1 in there. Hey look, I was absolutely right since we know Singer is scum.
It's funny that you think you were furthering your argument with this. You're saying you were right about there being scum in that group of 4 and therefore...what? Therefore, you didn't find people in that group scummy? lololol And just so your ego doesn't get too big and pop, let's assume you're town for a second: do you know the probability of a randomly selected group of 4 players containing at least 1 scum? 74 6/11% Yep! If you're town, you had a 3/4 chance of being right about that! I'm proud of you for picking a group containing scum!

Pre-post Edit: Hey, you responded! But I'm posting this anyway ;)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

MoI wrote:Wow, lovely use of rhetoric. Lane played scummy and was an acceptable lynch. Feel free to keep screaming he was Pro-Town as much as you want. Doesn’t make you correct.
I spent most of day 1 telling you to stop tunneling him. He was in no way an acceptable lynch unless you were looking for a policy lynch. And do you know what he flipped? Surprised?

But let's play a little game: describe for me in one sentence what made him scum. If he was actually scummy, you shouldn't need to nit-pick on individual points to do this.
MoI wrote:Lulz. When players lurk scum are going to take advantage of that. Fact. I’d expect you to know this but at this stage I think you are scum arguing just to argue.

So listing players who are potential scum via lurking doesn’t in the slightest mean their behavior in thread when they are here (however limited) is scummy.

Xalxe was far from scummy. Your ‘case’ on him revolved around something stupid about scum-chat. Not compelling at all. But it's hard to build an actual case when you know someone isn't scum, isn't it?
Allow me to define a term for you, since your mafia theory seems to be severely lacking:

scummy
- more likely than average to be scum

You were claiming that that group had a higher than average likelihood to be scum. You were therefore claiming they were scummy. You can hide behind all the bullshit you want about "oh, they were lurking, therefore I couldn't possibly know their alignments!" You're accusing me of going after someone you listed as scummy. End of story.
MoI wrote:Actually … I’m accusing you of fake-scum hunting in an effort to find Town PR claims. Which you succeeded at. Bravo, job well done.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. OMG. DUDE, DO YOU KNOW HOW AWFUL I AM AS SCUM AT FINDING POWER ROLES? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL

omg I am SERIOUSLY laughing out loud right now. Like, irl. Hahahahahahaha.

But okay, okay, let's continue:
MoI wrote:Lulz. When players lurk scum are going to take advantage of that. Fact.
That is practically the definition of scummy behavior. You say that scum are likely to lurk and yet saying there's either 1 or 2 scum in a group of 4 lurkers isn't calling them scummy? :P Niiiiice try, bud.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wow, you're really bad at this, dude. "But it's hard to build an actual case when you know someone isn't scum, isn't it?"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 am

Post by chesskid3 »

tl;dr
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

town opinion on this?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:03 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

tl;dr:

The apple says MoI is scum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Actually....nvm, I changed my mind.

MoI is actually just really dumb town.

Continue.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

singer is today's lynch; no question

why didn't you vote her before?

~Screwtape
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

It doesn't matter whether or not I vote her. I just feel better not doing so (blah blah, personal feelings getting in the way of absolutely nothing)
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

but it's just so odd

why not vote the confirmed threat to your win condition?

~Screwtape
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Anyway, MoI, either you can call me really dumb town and we can stop slapfighting or you can bring up more crap against me that I'll either ignore if it's the same ridiculous points or laugh at and refute if it's something new.

Pre-post Edit:

The same result will occur today regardless of whether or not I vote singer and I would rather not do so.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am

DRK wrote:I spent most of day 1 telling you to stop tunneling him.
It’s as if I didn’t spend my time pointing out how scummy Friend was and ignored him completely. Oh wait, that didn’t happen :roll:
DRK wrote:You were claiming that that group had a higher than average likelihood to be scum. You were therefore claiming they were scummy. You can hide behind all the bullshit you want about "oh, they were lurking, therefore I couldn't possibly know their alignments!" You're accusing me of going after someone you listed as scummy. End of story.
Lulz. Just Lulz.

Scum are going to TAKE ADVANTAGE of Town lurkers by lurking themselves, when the chance arises. Because you can’t Lynch All Lurkers when too many are doing so. Simple game theory. Why you are spending time trying to say it’s not is beyond me.
DRK wrote:OMG. DUDE, DO YOU KNOW HOW AWFUL I AM AS SCUM AT FINDING POWER ROLES?
WIFOM Bomb away ……

Thanks for the useless self-meta.
DRK wrote:Wow, you're really bad at this, dude. "But it's hard to build an actual case when you know someone isn't scum, isn't it?"
Oh, this isn’t building a case. This is just bantering and watching you flail after I identified your play as scumtastic.

When I actually sit down to build a case you will see it. I make them so they actually have content that’s coherent and makes sense … as opposed to “DERP, it’s Gut” :lol:

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@DRK: but

I spent the whole night phase trying to find the SK or mafia, A job which I was successful in doing

and then you don't vote them
rather annoying :igmeou:

~Screwtape
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:29 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:the same points over again
Walp, gotta be a man of my word.
Twistedspoon wrote:@DRK: but

I spent the whole night phase trying to find the SK or mafia, A job which I was successful in doing

and then you don't vote them
rather annoying :igmeou:
Look, I commend you on finding the sk. I really do. It will lead to an sk lynch today, regardless of whether or not I'm on that lynch.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 am

Post by tclawren »

Ughhh, I hate arguments like this. They're hard to read. Neither of them are terribly convincing however.

On a side note, I don't like Friend or Romanus right now. Especially Romanus.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 am

Post by singersigner »

TwistedSpoon, what about my play did you deem was SK or Mafia worthy? What about DemonHybrid's play?

MoI's forgetting that I was V/LA for a while, but as soon as I caught up, was equally active in this game. His "lurking" excuse doesn't hold water. The hospital reference was in accordance to my meta, which you seem to think holds me as lurking scum. You don't know my meta very well do you. One game under completely different circumstances (hydra-ing, unless you think you can find games where quadz lurks as scum, too) does not a meta-case make.

He's taking credit for just so happening to find scum in a fucking list of people who "weren't around as much as he would've hoped." Just because people don't rape the thread, doesn't mean they're scum. :roll:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Actually … I’m accusing you of fake-scum hunting in an effort to find Town PR claims. Which you succeeded at. Bravo, job well done.
quoting for the hypocritical lulz.

@TwistedSpoon...clearly not having ended the day is helping the town realize that quick-lynches aren't always the best, as proven by MoI and DRK's little spat. I'm interested in seeing how many people are going to avoid posting in the thread to prevent themselves from being incriminated.
Most notably DemonHybrid who hasn't responded to what I have to say about him, even though he's posted in the thread since then. He seems to care more about painting Chesskid to be scummy (he's totes town, btw) for "directing the night kill" when I already explained why it was the obvious choice. Confirmed town+risk of a mafioso being shot. Hmm...who does the mafia kill...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”