Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Rhinox »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Rhinox wrote:c'mon guys vote reck!
Wait so what's your case on me?
A theory that either you or CES are scum (from my POV) because at least one scum would have stayed off the Vi lynch wagon yesterday.

UT made a scummy comment overexplaining a null read on Vi in his last iso post before flaking:
UT wrote:General thoughts on sort-of-having-kept-up-with-the-thread:
-I'm feeling less certain about my Toasty vote. I'm keeping it on, though, because he's my strongest scum read.
-I'm feeling less certain about Seraphim's towniness. His last post especially makes my skin crawl.
-I feel pretty good about Rhinox's towniness
-I feel pretty good about LLD's towniness
-Why is Jahudo still voting for me? Not real protown to keep your vote parked here.
-God dammit, CES...
-I'm glad Antitown "remembered this game". That said, his posts make me squeamish. I also loved the attempt to rip on me for activity. lol. Kiss my ass dude.
-Vi's posts are kinda tl;dr. I can usually deal with this, but with the amount of reading on my phone I've been doing it's been kind of impossible to keep up with those. Honestly I see one, start reading, my eyes glaze over and I sorta scroll to the bottom and go "not this shit again". I'll have to re-read Vi more carefully tomorrow, but I don't recall seeing anything that made me consider her alignment one way or the other.

-This whole GI/Toasty/Vi thing is painful.
-I have some snarky things I want to say that I am going to keep to myself.
Yeah, 1-liners for each point, except the rambling on about Vi.

Your "let's lynch the bounty" suggestion. Question: What are your thoughts on massclaiming names, since you've asked if we've done it?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think that'd be fine? Then each day we'd know who the bounty was on and if it was someone moderately scummy, the pros outweigh the cons, and we lynch.

And I can't answer for UT, so yeah.

And your theory is just speculation with no facts or basis behind it so I can't really argue that either.
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vi lynch was inevitable. Scum had nothing to gain by staying off the wagon. It wasn't a deadline wagon or something where there were 'some good arguments' Vi was double counterclaimed. One on, one off is nonsense.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

Also if we're going one on, one off, the lessee. CES:

Bandwagons me
Bandwagons Jahudo

Avoids voting Vi like black plague.

Day 2 bandwagoners on me early:
Toasty
Rhinox
CES

People who are 90% town in that list:
Rhinox

People who are not:
The rest
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

reck wrote:I think that'd be fine? Then each day we'd know who the bounty was on and if it was someone moderately scummy, the pros outweigh the cons, and we lynch.
Early on I suggested that the bounty of the day should only say hi when it was their day. Do you think that is better or worse than mass name claiming and why?

greyICE:
Scum had nothing to gain by staying off the wagon.
[CES] Avoids voting Vi like black plague.
If scum had nothing to gain by staying off the wagon (and were either more likely to be on, or being neither more likely to be on nor off for any reason), then why is avoiding voting Vi a point in favor of CES-scum?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:18 am

Post by GreyICE »

Because UT just flaked. You can't vote for someone when you're not in the game.

CES actively avoided the wagon by hopping on both other possible wagons.

If you are going to say one scum is off the wagon, UT is not a pick.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:28 am

Post by ToastyToast »

GreyICE wrote:Because UT just flaked. You can't vote for someone when you're not in the game.
UT was scummy before the flake. And you're contradicting your own logic.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

UT was town. His replacement is too.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Rhinox wrote:Early on I suggested that the bounty of the day should only say hi when it was their day. Do you think that is better or worse than mass name claiming and why?
I don't think either has a significant advantage over the other. The only person we would really need to know the name of is the bounty, yes, but I don't see what advantage scum gets from knowing the characters of everyone. Then again, I don't know the flavor, so I don't know if there are "obvscum" roles. If there are, I have to believe Fate put safeclaims in the game.
green shirt thursdays
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Kdub »

Rhinox, in post 1090, you indicate suspicion of Toasty and UT as the remaining scum team, but it's not clear to me why you are pushing UT/Reck over Toasty. In fact, looking over your iso, you have been wavering back and forth between suspecting Toasty and not suspecting him, but you never actually vote him or take a firm position on him. Your reasoning for suspecting both of them in 1090 suggests to me that Toasty should be higher on your suspect list, but for some reason, UT, who you claimed to have a town read on, suddenly becomes your top scum pick based on a single post that you refer to as just "kinda scummy". I want you to explain your opinion on both of them please.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

FYI, as confirmed town, I have decided to choose transportation suitable to my stature.

We require more posting from LadyLambdaDelta

We require more from kdub. Our holy selves have declared Rhinox to be town, only slightly beneath us in stature, for reasons we may or may not deign to explain to the uninitiated. kdub must provide us better human sacrifices for our Inquisition.

xRECKONERx is now deemed Captain Obvious for his dissertion on why Toasty is scummy. Nevertheless, our holy selves deign this a good line of inquiry and would see it proceed with a pace somewhat less than 'lackadaisically bored.'

Our holy selves deem CES quite unreadable, and that means he's most likely a golem. Golems are not witches, but they are often witch familiars, and thus should one of the great unwashed develop a case of the vig, they should end this problem immediately.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

Kdub wrote:Rhinox, in post 1090, you indicate suspicion of Toasty and UT as the remaining scum team, but it's not clear to me why you are pushing UT/Reck over Toasty. In fact, looking over your iso, you have been wavering back and forth between suspecting Toasty and not suspecting him, but you never actually vote him or take a firm position on him. Your reasoning for suspecting both of them in 1090 suggests to me that Toasty should be higher on your suspect list, but for some reason, UT, who you claimed to have a town read on, suddenly becomes your top scum pick based on a single post that you refer to as just "kinda scummy". I want you to explain your opinion on both of them please.
Toasty has been heavily pressured and has even already claimed. No use voting him unless I'm ready for a lynch. If toasty is scum, he's not the last scum. Reck is a new face replacing someone we hadn't heard from in a while. His entrance basically ammounted to "lol wat is going in in dis thread lollol". I thought some pressure might help me better read his player slot. Didn't really work because I didn't effectively apply any pressure. Part poor case, part no one else playing along.

Reck, why did you iso toasty? Did you iso anyone else? You said you randomly chose toasty, but I wonder how you can be sure enough he's scum to vote him having only really read him and no one else.
GreyICE wrote:Because UT just flaked. You can't vote for someone when you're not in the game.

I'm just confused, because you just got done telling me my one on one off theory was crap because vi-lynch was inevitable and scum would bus the hell out of him. Then you tell me CES is scummy because he didn't vote vi.

Further, if scum really were likely to all bus vi, then UT is still a scum candidate specifically because he wasn't around to hop on vi's wagon.

So which is it? You're the confirmed town guy who wants to tell everyone how it is. Well then, make up your mind and tell me how it is.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox wrote:I'm just confused, because you just got done telling me my one on one off theory was crap because vi-lynch was inevitable and scum would bus the hell out of him. Then you tell me CES is scummy because he didn't vote vi.
Further, if scum really were likely to all bus vi, then UT is still a scum candidate specifically because he wasn't around to hop on vi's wagon.
So which is it? You're the confirmed town guy who wants to tell everyone how it is. Well then, make up your mind and tell me how it is.
That is not the correct approach, my son. It defeats the point of non-interference at this juncture if we choose to exercise our authority and interfere heavily. We have not received divine inspiration on the subject, and are therefore observing temporal matters and providing our guidance to the great unwashed.

Our first holy writ that the one-on, one-off you expect to see doesn't necessarily happen when a known scumbuddy is going down.
The second is that flakers have to be noted in VCA, and if you, my son, are looking for someone who actively avoided the wagon, CES did so. UT passively avoided it by flaking out of this game.

These are not mutually exclusive messages for you. We do these for the same reason we have chosen to move KDub to more productive targets. Challenging xRECKONERx on why his predecessor didn't vote or post or show up on day 2 is highly unproductive. Since you, my son, are the person our personage has deemed most likely to be town, outside of ourselves, we prefer to see enlightening avenues of inquiry from you.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

That's going to get annoying really quick... :roll:

OK, well fine then, how's this for enlightening {toasty, AT, CES, Reck} - I'm calling all remaining scum in this group. 3 out of the 4 I don't know how to question due to
lurking
inactivity or unreadability. The 4th has been grilled to charbroiled.

I'm not interested in voting jahudo, because he's prob-town. I can't see a case for Kdubscum. You're apparently
god
town, as is LLD for reasons I can't remember - something to do with nacho and UK iirc. I could humor a case there if anybody has one.

I can either vote toasty and wait for the game to end, or throw stones at my other 3 lynch preferences for fun to see if anything happens. Or wait for someone else to come up with something better.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Very good! Claimed millers shall be lynched the day before LyLo. Although in this case we may sanction an earlier lynch if our town flock hits scum before then.

Our limited access to omniscience reveals to us that Antihero has been on a 1 week V/LA that was poorly announced site-wide. Which has enlightened us to a number of mysteries in our ongoing games. While our holy personage has a town read, it is mild and quiet. We feel enlightenment may come from pitching bricks that way.

LLD is exactly cheeky enough to mock our personage with her cheeky mention of the night kill being similar to a kill she submitted while on a scumteam with ourselves in a previous game. Yet her tunneling of Seraphim day one was decidedly town, as she ignored completely an L-1 wagon on herself to tunnel someone she, as scum, would have thought to be town. This does not seem like a solid survival instinct.

We shall agree that kdub is townish, for now, although we note that his interactions on day 1 with Vi were a game of softball, and if Jahudo is scum and toasty is town, he looks worse. Nevertheless, this is divining information from knowledge that is hidden from us by dark powers, and only with time and the whim of destiny can we learn it.

We have decided that the town may be in a 'holding pattern' until Antihero and LLD decide to grace us, and xRECKONERx decides to contribute.

We endorse mockery of CES for his avatar and poor personal hygiene during this period.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Don't mock the fish.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Kdub »

GreyICE wrote:Our holy selves have declared Rhinox to be town, only slightly beneath us in stature, for reasons we may or may not deign to explain to the uninitiated.
Why you gotta be messing with my reads like this? :neutral:

Maybe I should just sheep you for the rest of the game.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

We many confirm the Rhinox read is for reasons unrelated to his gameplay, which has been somewaht terrible. However we have moderate role related reasons to believe him town, which his gameplay today has strongly reinforced.

We suggest that the fish is most aesthetically displeasing to our trained eye.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 am

Post by ToastyToast »

1) I'm going to assume thats the royal we. Again, being confirmed town doesn't make you a king whose plan should be followed. But I approve of your vehicle choice

2) If your power is a bounty, how can you make a statement like that?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

ToastyToast wrote:
UT was scummy before the flake. And you're contradicting your own logic.

Why isn't Toasty dead yet?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Jahudo »

I thought you were still voting me, Lady Luck. What do you think of Grey's awesome and triple cool idea of keeping the miller alive until mylo?

But speaking of Toasty, I like kdub's point about the trying to set up mislynches of Sera and Grey. Toasty's motivation can certainly be questioned there.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:54 am

Jahudo wrote:I thought you were still voting me, Lady Luck. What do you think of Grey's awesome and triple cool idea of keeping the miller alive until mylo?

But speaking of Toasty, I like kdub's point about the trying to set up mislynches of Sera and Grey. Toasty's motivation can certainly be questioned there.

Wait what? They weren't mislynches. They were both anti-town aligned. That's a stupid case.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

The Seraphimlynch was most definitely a mislynch - lynching neutrals doesn't help the town and in this case Seraphim's win condition actually matched the town one rather well.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 am

Even if you want to believe that... There's no way he could be lining up mislynches when Vi was scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

I said Grey, not Vi. Toasty was trying to lynch Grey and Seraphim saying one had to be mafia. If he is mafia he would know both Sera and Grey are not mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”