Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

WingDamage9001 wrote:
Unvote, vote Prosaurus
Nice fishing.
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. I said I'd be back later to post. I did not get to claim. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Romanus + Wingdamage?
Romanus + Crazy?
Maybe.
PS: I'm a VT. This is twilight. I am honest.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Final Vote Count of Day Two:

Prosaurus - 3 (crazypianist1116, zMuffinMan, [L], WingDamage9001)

Romanus - 1 (Prosaurus)

Not Voting: 2 (Misder, Romanus)

Although some of you seem to have barely woken up, the others are ready for a lynching and settle quickly on Prosaurus...

Prosaurus,
Townie
was lynched Day 2.

(Note: Not an April Fool's joke.)

It is now Night 2, the deadline for Night Actions is: Monday, 4th March at 8:38 am GMT.

Edit: Currently seeking replacement for Romanus.
Edit 2: Zorblag will replace Romanus.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Dawn breaks on a new day, and after two mislynchings, things aren't looking good for the dwindling town. You're prepared for the inevitable fresh body in the morning, but upon waking, it appears that…

Nobody was killed Night 2.

Day 3 begins!
With six alive, it will take four votes to lynch someone.

Not Voting: 6 ([L], crazypianist1116, Misder, WingDamage9001, zMuffinMan, Zorblag)

Deadline is: Monday, 25th April at 8:50 am GMT.
Last edited by Fenchurch on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

VOTE: No Lynch

Hey guys. So since there are 2 scum left and 6 people total, if we mislynch, the only chance we have of continuing is if the doc blocks the kill again. Our chances of winning will actually go up if we don't lynch today. That being said, if through a doc/cop combo we can confirm scum then by all means we will lynch today. If there's a cop, claim if you got guilty. Doc shouldn't claim yet.

Hi Zorblag.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 am

Post by -L- »

Vote: No Lynch

What crazy said. Is it possible the scum are messing with our heads and didn't target anyone? I hope they did target someone.

I'm sorry Prosaurus, but your play was so scummy. :( I'd say WingDamage or Romanus/Zorblag would be my next suspects, but I'll wait until they get guilty scans.
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Zorblag »

Good day. I don't have time to go over much just now as it's the first day of the quarter and I've got to go finish getting things ready and then teach, but as long as we think that it's likely scum tried to kill last night our best move is actually to make a full claim and use the information we get to try to make a lynch. If it's more likely that scum submitted a no kill then the no lynch is better, but while that is a possibility I'm inclined to think that it's a fair amount less likely just now.

In any case, do me a favor and don't rush this no lynch; it's not a terrible move but I think it's slightly suboptimal at this time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 am

Zorblag, I'd like to know your logic behind why a fullclaim is better than partial reveal. If there's no cop, then just a doc reveal will inevitably lead to a no lynch and the doc being killed tonight. Further, I highly doubt scum didn't try to kill last night. Yes I know it's WIFOM but it's just so unlikely.

Cop should claim if their results are 2 living innocents as well.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Zorblag »

OK, I've got a break for a bit and have had a chance to think about the situation. At this point we're better served with a mass claim than with a no lynch.

A no lynch is useful and would be the best move if we were in a 6 player game with only vanilla roles left. There's no information gained by roles then so the decision of who to lynch can't be simplified with claims. No lynching followed by a night kill removes one potential mislynch. We might be in that situation now; if we get all vanilla townie claims then we should go ahead and no lynch after a mass claim.

In this case we've got potential information to be gained. If there are any power roles we want to get whatever information they have to share now on the grounds that scum are going to have a decent shot of being able to kill one tonight based on whatever information they have from their action(s) last night (if they submitted no kill last night they didn't gain extra information but there's no reason for that to be our default assumption.) We can talk about how to deal with various claims after we've seen them (and I can go over what I think should be done in all the potential cases) but I'd rather not get into specific details now as I don't want to help scum decide how to handle a mass claim. I will say right up front that the scum should probably know what the game state and be able to tailor claims to it so it'll be important that we evaluate PR claims for feasibility but even fake claims give us information to work with.

At this point we need to lynch correctly; we want to maximize our chances of doing that. Depending on how claims go down we might or might not get a better choice out of this than we would a no lynch; if after claims are done we think that no lynch is still the way to go (e.g. if everyone claims vanilla townie) we'll still have that option. Any town power roles have now had two night to go about and do their thing; it's better to reveal them and be sure we gain whatever information they've got than it is to risk losing them and whatever information they might have.

Past that, it's much better to do the mass claim with as little conversation as possible (again, to cut down on any help we might be giving scum about how to handle the claim process.) I can present more in depth reasons for the mass claim if people want but it'll be much better if we don't talk about suspicions for this game in particular or claim strategies until the claim is done.

Popcorn is probably our best style here. We pick one player to go first; they claim their role and any information they have about night actions. If they claim PR then everyone who hasn't claimed yet either counter-claims that PR or doesn't. If there's a counter claim then we stop and decide what to do about it. If there's not then the claimer picks who claims next. If the original claim was vanilla then the claimer picks who goes next.

My preference would be for WingDamage9001 to claim first.

@crazypianist1116, I disagree that a doc claim today should lead to a no lynch followed by them getting killed (though even if it did we'd come out slightly ahead tomorrow in terms of information compared to the scum finding and killing them on their own tonight without the claim.) The main point of the mass claim here is to maximize information we've got access to before making our next move as we're at the point in the game where we can't get things wrong once we lynch.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Fenchurch »

First Vote Count of Day Three:

No Lynch - 2 (crazypianist1116, [L])

Not Voting: 4 (Misder, WingDamage9001, zMuffinMan, Zorblag)

With six alive, it will take four votes to lynch someone.

Deadline is: Monday, 25th April at 8:50 am GMT.
Last edited by Fenchurch on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Zorblag wrote:OK, I've got a break for a bit and have had a chance to think about the situation. At this point we're better served with a mass claim than with a no lynch.

A no lynch is useful and would be the best move if we were in a 6 player game with only vanilla roles left. There's no information gained by roles then so the decision of who to lynch can't be simplified with claims. No lynching followed by a night kill removes one potential mislynch. We might be in that situation now; if we get all vanilla townie claims then we should go ahead and no lynch after a mass claim.

In this case we've got potential information to be gained. If there are any power roles we want to get whatever information they have to share now on the grounds that scum are going to have a decent shot of being able to kill one tonight based on whatever information they have from their action(s) last night (if they submitted no kill last night they didn't gain extra information but there's no reason for that to be our default assumption.) We can talk about how to deal with various claims after we've seen them (and I can go over what I think should be done in all the potential cases) but I'd rather not get into specific details now as I don't want to help scum decide how to handle a mass claim. I will say right up front that the scum should probably know what the game state and be able to tailor claims to it so it'll be important that we evaluate PR claims for feasibility but even fake claims give us information to work with.

At this point we need to lynch correctly; we want to maximize our chances of doing that. Depending on how claims go down we might or might not get a better choice out of this than we would a no lynch; if after claims are done we think that no lynch is still the way to go (e.g. if everyone claims vanilla townie) we'll still have that option. Any town power roles have now had two night to go about and do their thing; it's better to reveal them and be sure we gain whatever information they've got than it is to risk losing them and whatever information they might have.

Past that, it's much better to do the mass claim with as little conversation as possible (again, to cut down on any help we might be giving scum about how to handle the claim process.) I can present more in depth reasons for the mass claim if people want but it'll be much better if we don't talk about suspicions for this game in particular or claim strategies until the claim is done.

Popcorn is probably our best style here. We pick one player to go first; they claim their role and any information they have about night actions. If they claim PR then everyone who hasn't claimed yet either counter-claims that PR or doesn't. If there's a counter claim then we stop and decide what to do about it. If there's not then the claimer picks who claims next. If the original claim was vanilla then the claimer picks who goes next.

My preference would be for WingDamage9001 to claim first.

@crazypianist1116, I disagree that a doc claim today should lead to a no lynch followed by them getting killed (though even if it did we'd come out slightly ahead tomorrow in terms of information compared to the scum finding and killing them on their own tonight without the claim.) The main point of the mass claim here is to maximize information we've got access to before making our next move as we're at the point in the game where we can't get things wrong once we lynch.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I'm prepared to claim if others are interested in that.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by -L- »

Yes :)

crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Before we start claiming everyone should at the very least agree that they will claim when asked and that they support the idea of mass claiming. Also, I want opinions from Zorblag on the first two days as Romanus gave no content yesterday.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm fine with mass claiming.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@crazypianst1116, we shouldn't actually need full consensus that it's time to mass claim. When most of the town thinks that it's time it's pretty much the obligation of the others to go along with it. At this point it looks like it would probably only be Misder that might object anyhow.

If we're mass claiming then it's better if everyone holds opinions about the game till after the claim is done to avoid giving mafia information about how best to claim. Certainly I'll be responsible for sharing thoughts at that point and I'm happy to let everyone know what I think of the first couple days, but you'll have to wait till then.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

I'm fine with being first to claim.

I'm the Doctor. Nights one and two I protected Misder based on interactions with Romanus, who I believe to be scum.

Popcorn to: Romanus. Also, if anyone passes to the next claim without phrasing it "Popcorn to:" I will attempt to lynch you. This will be exactly like popcorn reading in elementary school!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

So just to be clear how this will work...

First person (WingDamage) claims, if he claims vanilla townie he chooses the next person that has to claim and they do so ASAP, if he claims a PR then we wait for everyone to have a chance to counter-claim (i.e. everyone must post after a PR claim) before either stopping and discussing if there is a counter-claim or moving on to the next person claiming (that will be WingDamage's choice).

If this is the case, then we still need to wait for Misder to post anyway, since it would be pointless starting without all six players active.

edit before posting: looks like wingdamage claimed already.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Word.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Yeah, at this point everyone claims doc or not doc with their next post. If everyone claims not doc then we'll move on to my claim. Order for this bit doesn't matter.

Not doc.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Not doc.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Not doc.
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Misder »

Wow. I did not expect a mass roleclaim, nor do I agree with it. However, since it already started, and after rethinking out the possibilities, I do see some benefits of a mass roleclaim, though I do not believe it outweighs the negative effects. I will not state why just like zorblag said, better to see how scum reacts instead of tell them the right way to play.

@Wing, just letting you know that Romanus was replaced by Zorblag.

@Zorblag, why do you think that Wing was the most scummy? Also, I would like you to popcorn to crazy after you are done claiming.

Edit before posting: Not doc.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by -L- »

Not doc!

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Zorblag »

OK, moving on.

I'm a vanilla townie.

Popcorn to zMuffinMan.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm a vanilla townie.

Popcorn to crazypianist.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”