Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by Adele »

Anyway, we're not claiming
roles
- it's been suggested that there are no names in the movie that reek of the doc role in the way that there are clear cops.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

/agree Adele

8)
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

So do you want me to full claim? It's a little differant than evenone seems to think it is.

MM: What is EBWOP? Also I don't understand your logic for thinking Stark and broomhead are scum together.

And What is IIC? The person who said that never exaplained it.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

EBWOP: Edit by way of post.

@Foolster: I get accused of being your scum buddy because I say your role is believable. Broomhead says the EXACT SAME THING about Stark's role and is, thus, subject to the same conclusion.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:36 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Maz Medias wrote:Diablo, I strongly disagree with you that trying to outguess a mod on his own game is a good idea. It becomes a total WIFOM: "That's what he wants me to think.. or maybe he wants me to think that that's what he wants me to think...?"
Even if it's WIFOM, not all of it is. For instance, didn't the mod post that we couldn't mass name claim day one? It's already apparent that the strategy isn't useless. In fact, this whole mass name claim is basiclly outguessing the mod, picking out the bad names and moving on.
maz wrote:I still think Diablo's play is very odd, and Broomhead's relentless poking for information reeks of mafia.
I don't really care if you think my play is odd.

[quote="maz]
FoS Stark and Broomhead of being a scum group
[/quote]
Good point. Besides, the scum already knows who a claimed cop is, so they have pretty much the juiciest information they could hope for; a full claim will leave us better-organized for the 'morrow.
???
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by MeMe »

Here're the facts:
--vIQles has said that if you're bad in the movie, you're bad in the game. No surprise alignments.
--vIQles said that a mass claim would swing things too far in favor of the town.

Unless he was being particularly crafty (which I seriously doubt), point two basically informed us that the scum have not been provided with "safe" claims.

So, barring anyone else claiming to have a non-proper name (and the only ones yet to say are Maz & Fritzler), Foolster's got to be lying. The only reason for making one pro-town role completely different from every other role in the game is to diminish the power of claiming -- it's basically a "you'll look like a liar when you claim" role. Since vIQles obviously didn't even consider mass claiming when he wrote the game, he also wouldn't have written a role to diminish the power of a mass claim.

Adele, I understand your feeling of it being unfair. But this is about being
smart
. I think it's clear that Foolster's likely to be scum. There's no reason to go forward with a plan that has served its purpose. As Tamuz said, let the scum stay as in the dark as possible.

vote: Foolster41
, I think that's three on him.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Meme has a point. The only thing that might mess everything up is if the mod decided to give safe nameclaims for scum during the night.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:09 pm

Post by broomhead »

so is the main consensus that i should claim?
BAMB!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:32 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Adele wrote:
Tamuz wrote:claim 1-2 manana with chaos 3
What does this bit mean?
It means my top three to claim tommorow orderwise would be those three. Broom & Max I don't care who goes frst or second, but I'd like the two to go first and chaos next.

Broom, for one do, then again I'd be just as happy to hear it tommorow
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:08 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Fine I'm just going to put all my cards on the table since it looks like I'm going to be lynched anyway.

as I said before, I'm not a plain townie at all. At night I can ask if a target play is bugsy Malone. If I find him I become a mason group with him. I was also told that BM is a vig.

On the first night I targeted Meme and I got the answer "no"

I still think it may be a mistake to lynch me, even I was purly vanilla, because it's always better to lynch mafia. But on the other hand, I guess I can understand being worrred about outing more power roles.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:29 am

Post by Adele »

I (and others) signed up for a mass nameclaim that may break the game for the town. MeMe thinks we should lynch Foolster now? I think that's best for the scum. Foolster is not a perfect lynch - he's pretty good, but there's every chance we can do a lot better. My claim, on the other hand, was an absolute
gift
to the scum if taken in isolation. Right now they have more useful info than we do. Now is
not
the time to stop. The plan has not yet served its purpose; as things stand, I honestly think it has harmed the town.

Look, if I die and the town wins, I call that a win for me. This is about the bigger picture, and I think changing the plan now is a big, big mistake.

I think we're due for our next claim.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:57 am

Post by stark »

Can we get Fritzler to claim? I am interested to hear his. Does your role, Fritz, have anything to do with the cracking of knuckles?
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Maz Medias »

@stark Back off. This is agreed to be a NAME claim, isn't it?
@Foolster: BM? Are those the initials for a character or a player?
@Adele: /agree
@Meme: You're WAY too anxious to hang Foolster just because his role isn't perfectly solid. Once more: don't outguess the mod, because you're only right half of the time.
@Diablo: Stop agreeing so much, scum.
@broomhead: You'd be my choice, yeah, since SOMEONE :roll: jumped out of line. Foolster was the proper chooser of next target and he chose you.
@Maz: No more @posts.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:09 am

Post by Tamuz »

Counter Claim time baby. We caught Foolster in a lie.

I am Bugsy Malone, I am a limited mason. My goal is to fiind Blousey. I found her last night, but she also died so I had no chance to talk with her.
The part about the Fritzler findng me and becoming a mason check out with similarity to my role W/ Blousey.

However [most mportant part] I AM NOT A VIG. Why Foolster would put out I'm a vig or not I don't know I'm very interested in learning more about the Foolster.

In my eyes he is a better lynch for the lie, but I'm heavy with doubt.

If I have choice, Broomhead claims next.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Tamuz.. why should we believe that? It's very odd that you'd just happen to have limited, and unprovable, masonry when Foolster also claimed limited masonry.

I can understand you not being a vig, yes; if that was all you had said, I'd be inclined to believe you. With the masonry there, however, I think you're trying a bit too hard.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:29 am

Post by Adele »

If we're mass claiming, I don't see why every post by those who've yet to name-claim doesn't have a claim. Do I want broomhead to claim? Yes; I want
everyone
to claim, and we can sort out counter-claims and accusations after.

So if you haven't claimed, and your next post doesn't include a claim, could it please include an explanation? Ta.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:42 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I thought we were doing it in order, according to the previous way. Apparently not.

I'll wait until everyone else says we're just doing it whenever, though, since this is a large change.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:15 am

Post by MeMe »

I think this is unbefreakin-lievable, myself.

--Foolster's got a suspect role name
--Foolster's claim doesn't match the Bugsy claim

I think that Foolster is lying through his teeth. I believe that his extended claim was designed simply to out Bugsy since it seemed likely he was going to die.

I don't understand why anyone would think it benefits scum more than town to STOP HANDING OUT INFORMATION. It seems entirely clear to me that Foolster is the best lynch for the day. Is anyone else going to 1) claim a non-name or 2) be denounced by another player?? And, if so, can't we just wait for tomorrow for that and
keep the scum in the dark for a little longer??

If EVERYONE else thinks we need to continue claiming, I'll go along with it -- but Adele's preference that everyone should claim in their next post or explain why they're not is extremely off. Our goal in a mass claim should be to get the scum to go as early as possible -- not just to tell them what NOT to claim by willingly going ahead of them. There's
no way
I'm just offering up my name without the others who've been asked to claim ahead of me going first.

If we're continuing with the mass claim, broomhead should have to go next. Adele picked Foolster who picked broomhead. But I renew my objection to continuing when it's clear we've got a prime candidate for the noose right in front of us.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:27 am

Post by Tamuz »

MeMe wrote:I think this is unbefreakin-lievable, myself.

--Foolster's got a suspect role name
--Foolster's claim doesn't match the Bugsy claim

I think that Foolster is lying through his teeth. I believe that his extended claim was designed simply to out Bugsy since it seemed likely he was going to die.

I don't understand why anyone would think it benefits scum more than town to STOP HANDING OUT INFORMATION. It seems entirely clear to me that Foolster is the best lynch for the day. Is anyone else going to 1) claim a non-name or 2) be denounced by another player?? And, if so, can't we just wait for tomorrow for that and
keep the scum in the dark for a little longer??

If EVERYONE else thinks we need to continue claiming, I'll go along with it -- but Adele's preference that everyone should claim in their next post or explain why they're not is extremely off. Our goal in a mass claim should be to get the scum to go as early as possible -- not just to tell them what NOT to claim by willingly going ahead of them. There's
no way
I'm just offering up my name without the others who've been asked to claim ahead of me going first.

If we're continuing with the mass claim, broomhead should have to go next. Adele picked Foolster who picked broomhead. But I renew my objection to continuing when it's clear we've got a prime candidate for the noose right in front of us.
Hence the reason I clamed. We have foolster with a very very iffy claim. Not to mention he lied about Bugsy being a vig.

I am Bugsy, you can tell by no counterclaim, if there is a counter claim we will have 2 scum, even if you guys do lynch me. I'm also fine with bringing my character out because I have no abilites now that Blousey is dead.

Maz, who else would Bugsy Mason with? 10/10 times it would be his woman AKA Blousey. 'Taint my fault scum killed her.

Soooo in short. Vote foolster
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 am

Post by Adele »

Tamuz wrote:I am Bugsy, you can tell by no counterclaim
In two hours, there's not been a counterclaim. That's not to say there won't be one. We've also not given Foolster a chance to answer your accusations.

That's not the point. We aren't claiming to find one
probable
scum. Who first suggested that that was preferable to finding all the scum? Oh, it was MeMe.
MeMe wrote:If EVERYONE else thinks we need to continue claiming, I'll go along with it -- but Adele's preference that everyone should claim in their next post or explain why they're not is extremely off.
Why's that? I mean, it's not the most appalling request. You did it (chose the second option). Wish I'd picked you to claim next. Oh well, too late now.
FOS: MeMe

I think the turn-based claiming's dumb. It gives people too many chances to try to derail the mass claim, as MeMe's been doing. Or, at least, people should claim and name the next claimant
immediately
(same post), so we can get through this without people having the chance to try to undermine the tactic again.

Also, Broomhead
broomhead wrote:so is the main consensus that i should claim?
I for one favour you claiming now, if only to get this going again.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I'm not saying that Bugsy would mason with the down-and-out. But I do see that the down-and-out would mason with Bugsy.

Flavor: The down-and-outs have NOTHING before Bugsy rallies them.

/agree with Adele on continuing the mass claim.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:13 am

Post by MeMe »

Adele -- do you think that Foolster is likely to be scum?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:27 am

Post by Adele »

Yes, reasonably likely. Not certain, but better than nothing.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:41 am

Post by MeMe »

Then shouldn't you be satisfied with your choice rather than wishing you'd "picked [me] to claim next"? :?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:45 am

Post by Adele »

Because I think you're acting very scummy. I can't wait to hear your claim; I think it might be a great deal shakier than Foolster's.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”