Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

@crazy I removed my voted because he was at L-1 and I didn't want him to be hammered till he had claimed etc.
Yes, I'm trying hard to scum hunt. I'll read advice and learn.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Romanus wrote:Townies best and only weapon is their vote. I treat my vote as a weapon.
I agree with this. I find it interesting that people wouldn't agree with this. It's why I was questioning Misder at the bottom of page 3.

Yes, you have questioning and analysis, but it really gets you nowhere without voting.
Romanus wrote:Let's look at it this way: What real danger is there from a speed lynch?

I wouldn't say there's any more or less "danger", it's just I don't see any real point to it. Why would you want to rush a lynch?

If you think there's no real danger in a speed lynch, why were you worried when it reached L-1?

I'm not satisfied with you claiming that you didn't realise it's a newbie game and someone could claim they made a mistake when hammering. How did you not realise that before?
crazypianist1116 wrote:Romanus was not saying he wanted a speed lynch.
You're right, but he was suggesting he saw no problem with speed lynches.

@Wingdamage9001,
Wingdamage9001 wrote:I never said I didn't like you voting. I asked if you were ready to lynch someone.
I don't recall you ever asking me if I was prepared to lynch someone. I recall you asking me whether I thought what Romanus had said was a good enough reason to vote someone, but that's different. I wasn't pushing a lynch, I was making a vote.

Why are you ready to lynch someone now?

@Prosaurus,

Could you analyse your own posts from an objective point of view?
Prosaurus wrote:Can everyone post who they think is most suspicious and why?
Romanus. The incongruity of his play so far makes no sense. The only problem I have is that it doesn't fit my image of how an IC would play as scum, but that's somewhat WIFOM-y (hope I'm using this expression correctly).
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Romanus »

This is a bit of an aside, and maybe a defense of some sort. As is in my signature, I like stirring shit. It has to be done. The best way to get it done is to do some controversial thing. I have done that. I took a stand for a type of play I like, that is, getting someone close to a lynch and seeing how people react. The quickness and ease at which the L-1 vote came in made me reconsider what was going on. Attention has to be drawn somewhere. And I don't mind being in the spotlight. I say things that will generate reactions. Things I fully intend to explain later, like the "Yes I can, No I won't," line.

Unvoting when it got to L-1 was prudent. It could also be interpreted a few ways. I also determined that my vote was in the wrong place.

I was and continue to hunt scum. I have my methods, and I like them.

cjdrum is our lynch for today. Opinions?
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by cjdrum »

Opinion - I don't like shit stirrers. Maybe if there was some real reasoning behind the stirring of shit, I'd be happy.

But... I don't wanna be lynched. That's my honest opinion.

Not because I have some power role, but because I want to learn past my first Day. Thanks all.

Oh, have I been asked any questions that I've missed? I'm pretty sure you all haven't, but I'm open to questions asked of me, if you point them out, please thankyou.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Here's what I learnt: If you try to survive, you won't.
You'll be accused of being scum.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

There will be other games for you to learn. Read my last game, see what happened to me. I don't want it to happen to any other townie.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

PS: Reposting the link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16842
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

@cjdrum: Have you read the thread?
cjdrum wrote:Not because I have some power role, but because I want to learn past my first Day. Thanks all.
Softclaim PR?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Also, do you realize you have 3 votes on you at the moment and have only partially tried to defend yourself against one?

@[L] and Misder:
Thoughts on cjdrum and prosaurus?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Sixth Vote Count of Day One:

Romanus - 3 (zMuffinMan, WingDamage9001, cjdrum)
cjdrum - 3 (McGriddle, Romanus, crazypianist1116)

Misder - 1 ([L])

Not Voting: 2 (Misder, Prosaurus)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch someone.

Deadline is: Wednesday, 13th April at 8:17 am GMT.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 am

Post by McGriddle »

Any opinions on my reasoning for cjdrumscum?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:29 am

Post by McGriddle »

I mean I know cjdrum is new, I get that, but newbs often make mistakes as scum, "I don't want to be lynched" well neither does scum.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 am

Post by cjdrum »

Well, nobody wants to get lynched. It's like saying "Oh, that person voted for someone. Scum vote for people."
Or even "That person was talking. Scum talk. That person must be scum."

I've been trying to keep up with the IC, and his reasons seemed good. And then he's been all... Mm.
So I've been lost - I've already been programmed to trust ICs, and everything threw me off and I've gone haywire. It's kind of hard to keep up with... What Romanus is being.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:15 am

Post by -L- »

Whoa whoa...please stop the train! Don't lynch anyone yet, I need to read through these pages. It was on page 2 a day ago!
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

cjdrum wrote:Well, nobody wants to get lynched. It's like saying "Oh, that person voted for someone. Scum vote for people."

I've been trying to keep up with the IC, and his reasons seemed good. And then he's been all... Mm.
So I've been lost - I've already been programmed to trust ICs, and everything threw me off and I've gone haywire. It's kind of hard to keep up with... What Romanus is being.
Lalala WIFOM lalala...

This post is exactly how I expect to see newb scum respond to strong pressure. I very much expect cj to flip scum at this point.

Unvote, vote cjdrum
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Misder »

Holy crap I missed a lot. So I finished through page 4 of my analysis, but only skimmed through pages 5 and to this post. So I'm just gonna give you my thoughts on whats been happening since I last read.

@Romanus debate- 1) his scumhunting is more of jumping on posts that are scummy; lynch on muffin was OMGUS, lynch on me was cause I didn't scumhunt, lynch on cjdrum because of one post- theres still no real analysis- however, I do agree with the lynch on cjdrum, and his way of using his vote to his adv is not scummy 2) pressure is good imo, and him using his voting power is fine- I don't really see it as pushing for a definite speedlynch 3) Posts I find scummy- 32
Romanus wrote:@zMuff - I told you it wasn't serious because this is a newbie game, and most especially early on, I feel it is my job as IC to make sure I'm being very clear about what is going on. But jumping on someone for itty bitty things early on smells of scum to me, so this one is serious:

Unvote

Vote: zMuffinMan

1) I've been playing off and on for 5 years or so. Started with meat world playing and then found this site. I haven't been around here in a while, but I plan on being a fixture for a while now.
2) Oddly enough, one of the reasons I play is because I teach writing in college and MS contains some of the best essays on the internet. But also, I just love games, from tabletop minis to board, card, Wow. Yeah, I'll play just about any game.
Oh gosh- really need to read one of his games, I don’t agree with him here, OMGUS voting too, looks like taking adv on a newbie game- scum read
Romanus wrote:To answer the questions that have been directed at me:

I believe it is my role to ease players into playing this game that I believe is valuable and fun. I love writing, and it is a great way to exercise my brain and stretch my writing skills. I made a point to post early. I do not want to assume the level of knowledge of any player. And also, considering the mountain of wiki pages dedicated to strategies and scumtells, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has posited that confirmation order could be a scumtell. I hope to accomplish this by explaining different things that are going on if, and when they need to be explained. And also, to be a good player. I will play to win. I will also keep things in a friendly tone. I want to encourage people to play.

The itty bitty thing that I saw zMuff jump on, was the very thing I described above. He voted me for trying to fulfill my role as IC. I'm not sure why, even if done poorly, this is a good reason to vote someone. Now, zMuff may retort, "But my vote was just as unserious as your vote!" To which I would reply, "But I think it was made to look innocent, so that you could push a wagon for an innocent reason."

But you also haven't been pushing, just waiting.
mmmm, 1st line kind of contradicts with his OMGUS vote, not really easing in new players- the play to win is key imo; and zMuff’s vote was serious imo also, so I don’t really like the way he’s viewing things- slightly scummy
Romanus wrote:As IC: I did not just use the abbreviation RVS. I used the words Random Vote Stage, which I think is pretty self explanatory. Are you really accusing me of thinking people are smart and stupid at the same time? Also, I wanted to post early to demonstrate how things kinda work. I don't know how things work on other boards. I also know that the opening of the game is the stage that is the hardest to get through.

As Player: I absolutely think that my reason for voting you could be seen as an innocent reason for pushing a wagon. And yes, there is a reason to wait and not push. Right now is not a very good time to dig your heels in.

The most scummy person I see now is Misder. His posts lack genuine scumhunting.

Unvote
Vote: Misder
Defensive but answers all questions posed so good (null read); his vote on me is pretty bad, McGriddle and crazy both have posted nothing basically (scum read), and I had at least provided analysis on L, although technically my “posts” don’t really have scumhunting in it, so I’ll give him that much
Romanus wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:
Romanus wrote:What can be more obvious than a page 4 or 5 or even 6 speed lynch? I don't care about shrouding in logic, the action of a speedlynch could not be covered by any amount of disinfectant.

I think L-2 is exactly where he should be right now. L-1 I'd be fine with, then we would get some seriously nervous posts.

I'm really not sure why people are so afraid of actually putting some real pressure on someone.
Speed lynches are BAD for town. With 7 town 2 mafia alive, a speed lynch will probably cause it to be 5 town 2 mafia.
WingDamage9001 wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:@Wing
Care to say why you're voting, apart from trying to pressure him?
It's partially a pressure vote, but mostly a vote on scum. He was under pressure before I voted him, and he responded poorly. Especially just now.
Romanus wrote:
WingDamage9001 wrote: Pressure is good?
Yes
Someone puts you to L-2 and all you say is "yes?" He hasn't been scumhunting, he's been pushing for unfounded lynches. It's still early, but I'm just about ready to see him lynched. Nothing personal. :D
I'm not concerned about numbers here. I'm concerned about scumhunting. Odds are we will lynch a townie today. Happens in most games. That really isn't important. What's important is the info you get.

I'm not pushing for lynches, I'm pushing for wagons, serious ones. The simple fact that anyone brought up the possibility of a speed lynch, and the fact that it is tied up in a neat scum bow almost guarantees there will be no speed lynch.

Pressure makes people react. Pressure makes people take a stand in their posts. This is the best way to hunt scum in my opinion.
1st point gives me chills- he hasn’t done any scumhunting, and I don’t like the info part either cause it’s very easy to manipulate words, technically we never actually get info (scum read)- 2nd point I don’t get about the “neat scum bow” part or whatever- 3rd point I agree (slight town read)
Romanus wrote:I pointed out the post that I think is scummy. If you don't find it scummy, fine. But I refuse to think for people.

"Please, please, give me reasons that I can parrot." I don't think so. Think for yourself. No townie should want to be spoonfed.

And there is no way I am claiming right now. Someone is trying to take control of this game, and it ain't me.
This is killing me though. Can you explain how you think in a newbie game, not convincing town that someone is scum is going to help you win? imo, part of the game is to convince people that scum is scum

@Prosaurus Do you feel like you’re playing differently than you did in your previous game? If so, why?

@analysis on me- seems like crazy already did the work- I’ll still post my thoughts on them- 78
Prosaurus wrote:Analysis on: Misder
Town reads in green

Scum reads in red

Neutral in black
Misder wrote:
Unvote [L]
Fair enough. The thing here is, if he keeps his vote, people could say he has no valid reason to vote. Watch what happens if he unvotes.
Misder wrote:1. Few. 0 on this forum though, so the way I play may be a bit different. Oh, and epicmafia, but that's a completely different game imo.
2. It's all about deception and hunting. And it feels good to nail down mafia or completely messing with town.

@crazy- I got a response from [L] and I'm satisfied. Really, no reason to vote for someone that I feel is less scummy than the rest, even if it is RVS.

Also, this game pace is really slow from what I'm used to... zzzzz
Agreed. This is pretty slow.
Misder wrote:Cause I have time, can everyone link one game (from this site or another) that they have played in? It's ok if you don't have a game to link, cause I don't. The forum I played in needed permission to get in...
Getting to know people,

Or finding the biggest threat?

Misder wrote:US EDT (UTC/GMT -4 hours) Its 11:27 PM right now. My times will vary a lot I think, mostly at my nighttime I suppose.
Null
Misder wrote:@cjdrum
1) not voting yet, waiting for more activity right now
2) as of right now, zMuffinMan. I feel he is most protown right now alongside with [L], but since I already had some sort of relationship with [L] in the RVS stage, zMuffinMan would be the ideal choice.

And
Misder wrote:Cause I have time, can everyone link one game (from this site or another) that they have played in? It's ok if you don't have a game to link, cause I don't. The forum I played in needed permission to get in...
So far, I only got one game, and that was from Prosaurus, and I dont know if that was accidental or not.
Odd choice of scumbuddy. Choosing who you think is most town?
Misder wrote:@[L] It's the same way you are viewing me. I see you as more protown than others (no where do I mention that I'm positive that you are innocent like you state) the same way you view me as more scummy than others. Simple as that. In my book of notes, you and muffin are the only ones that don't have some sort of slight scum read, esp. since you guys questioned the same things I have in my notes, therefore less scummy. I'll agree that it is very early though, which is why I'm holding back all of my thoughts until later when I actually get more evidence on people.
If you and [L] were scum, this would put us off it. We'd say only one of you was scum.

Misder wrote:@Wing, anyone you think is suspicious now that we have pretty much past RVS?

@zMuffinMan Why do you find it demeaning that Romanus is trying to be the IC?

@Romanus, what is your role as the IC and how are you going to accomplish this?

@McGriddle, how did you choose cjdrum as your random vote? Also, why do you like townside better than scumside?
Random fluff to start discussion
Misder wrote:@[L] Admittedly, he only has two posts and his second one I got a null read also. However, I like his first post only because of his attack on Romanus. These are my notes for him:
zMuffinMan wrote:Hi
1. How much experience playing mafia do you have?
2. Why do you enjoy playing mafia?
1. Pretty much none. A friend told me about this game and said it'd be the kind of thing I'd like. He linked me here and I've read a few games he's played in, if that counts for experience at all...
2. Well, it looks like I'd find it enjoyable.

Vote: Romanus

I don't see why you needed to tell us that your vote wasn't serious.
A legit vote cause I was thinking the same thing/or should have been even more, slight town read
zMuffinMan wrote:@Romanus

You're giving us zero credit if you really think we need to be spoon-fed that badly. Being new doesn't mean we're stupid.

On the topic of making things clear, could you explain the irony in your reasoning for voting me? Jumping on someone for itty bitty things early on smells of scum to me, so my vote stands.
Agree with Muffin on second paragraph, read is null on this post, but makes more sense if it was town; if Romanus maf, Muffin town imo
zMuffinMan wrote:Australian EST (+10 GMT, +1 for DST), it's 2:22pm now.

I get on when I can, time varies a lot because my current sleeping pattern. I'll probably be posting somewhere between midday and midnight my time most days.
null read

Again, I'm saying that I didn't get a scummy read on him. Everyone else I get something I don't really like.
Like attacking the IC, do you?

Misder wrote:Sorry, three posts. I mislabeled in my notes, as you can see by my missing number on the second quote x.x' Second quote is post 34. Also, just wondering what your last post is about L.
Null
Misder wrote:@crazy, its the way she plays and how she says things that I like. Sure, maybe first 2 posts aren't ever going to be definite, but that's why I keep note of things that happen after. And with more posts from her, I still like her play except for maybe a small part, but I will still stand that she has pretty much played town so far.
edit before posting: so it seems like pro is on the opposite side of me on [L] which is fine. I disagree with the analysis on the second to last post- I actually view this as town because it pretty much is true. However, I do agree with analysis on the last post, as it did seem a bit scummy to me also, but I view her posts as overall townplay right now.

@zMuffinMan Your vote on Romanus- is it more due to his first post or his OMGUS vote?
Making his own analysis on [L]. Good.

Still trying to convince us [L] is town. Scumbuddies,

Or being honest?

Misder wrote:@zMuffinMan
1) In this type of setup, yes. Well, this is my first time playing this setup so uhh... read 2 for more I guess.
2) In other forums where games are much bigger and fast-pased (like 30 ppl and days are 48 hours), it usually started out with just a random lynch, however, these random lynches first start out from voting to lynch inactives, but of course this will lead to discussion, and then, that's where moving the game forward is very easy. I'll also add that I usually don't even participate in the voting to lynch the inactives. In this type of setup, RVS is kind of the same function as what I'm used to; it'll eventually lead to discussion. However, even without RVS, discussion about anything will eventually lead to something (kind of like RQS I guess, but I'm talking about anything here). Of course, deadline is a great incentive to vote, so even if at the end, no one is "scummy", then there will still be an attempted lynch that will move the game forward.
Hope my answers aren't too confusing. I feel like I just blabbled.
True, inactives aren't much of a threat to scum, are they?

But you are talking about in other games, so that doesn't really count.

Conclusion:
More scum than town.
Points on me trying to paint L as town is true, I can kinda see where he’s getting that we could be scumbuddies, but I did clearly state that I only had couple of posts to work with and within those posts, L was most town, although actually, makes sense cause he thought that L was scum; point on random fluff is wrong, they were genuine questions that I needed answers to in order to get a better understanding of some posts; point on me attacking IC and labeling as scum is pretty weird imo, IC are just regular ppl, and esp. the way that this IC plays his role doesn’t make me feel that he’s definitely town; last point I don’t really get where he’s getting at, but umm… other than that, feels like town analysis, albeit a bit bad

@cjdrum vote- oh gosh. So in my notes, I have that cjdrum is pretty innocent in the beginning, but after he got back on again, it’s getting very scummy- notes on him
cjdrum wrote:
vote: Prosaurus

For (a)Having a card as an avatar, and (b)Doing a little thing I like to call "Trying to start the damn day already".
null

cjdrum wrote:
McGriddle wrote:
Vote: Cjdrum
no apparent reason. You may call me McG, that's my nickname.
unvote

Vote: McG
for a vote with
absolutely
no reason. Also for advertsing name shortenings in vote posts.
crazypianist1116 wrote:1. How much experience playing mafia do you have?
2. Why do you enjoy playing mafia?
1. I played quite a few games IRL, moved to the xkcd forums' Mafia (played quite a bit there), and this is now my second/third game here at mafiascum.
2. I enjoy playing Mafia because... I don't actually know. When I'm Town, I can do analysis on people and stuff. If I'm scum, I can pretend to do analyses :twisted:
null I think, seems a bit scummy for OMGUSing (kinda), could be town play though because of the “no reason” aspect

cjdrum wrote:Questions for people:

@All - Can you give us all a fresh new reason for your vote?

@[L] - How often do you get lynched D1 as scum?
@Prosaurus - If you're so pro, why vote for somebody with over 9000?
@Wingdamage9001 - What's your favourite ProTown role?
@crazypianist1116 - What is your favourite thing to claim while under pressure as scum?
@McGriddle - What would you prefer to be: ProTown or Anti?
@zMuffinMan - If you ran a UPick and somebody submitted "The Muffin Man", would they be ProTown or Anti?
@Romanus - All
roads
lead to Romanus. Is this why you voted for the man who famously lives on a Lane?
@Misder - If you were scum, who would you like your scumbuddies to be (from this playerlist)?
lol, his posts are so null- looks like town play, but could be easily faked as scum play- less serious questions on Prosaurus, Romanus, zMuffinMan

cjdrum wrote:"Fresh new reason" was meant to be another random reason for that person. Should've made that clearer, huh.

And, re Fluffy: I... Um... Well, this is my first EVAR rqs, and I was just thinking of things on the spot. I couldn't think of better questions at the time, and I felt I needed to question everyone, because a scum slip could even come through from a ridiculous answer, right?
Like, when somebody says "Well, every other time I've been scum..." is pretty scummy.

And about the question ranked "Fluff around the edges" - well, if we end up killing Misder (and they are scum), we can mostly clear [L] now - or, at least, be a bit less suspicious. Or more, if Misder is the winey kind of person.
seems just newbish to me, slightly townish

cjdrum wrote:
cjdrum wrote:Or, at least, be a bit less suspicious.
mmmm, strongheaded? His reasoning I think is a bit flawed, esp. since her question is so blatantly obvious that any mafia member would know what he is up to imo, null

cjdrum wrote:Wait, I thought we were pressuring Misder?
Um, so, do I vote now, or let somebody else do that :/

I'll go with it.
Unvote: McGriddle

And don't hammer 'til we get some stuff from him!
wait what. Where did you come from. Really looks like he’s been lurking- and agrees with pressuring me, but without a clue of why? So confused. Getting a scum read off of this

cjdrum wrote:Because...?
null

cjdrum wrote:I must say that was kind of weird-looking. I mean, you convince me to vote Misder, then... Jump off so you're not blamed?

I don't like that. I don't have much experience with that sort of thing, but it seems... off.

Unvote
Vote: Romanus
lol what? Romanus convinced you to vote for me? With what? Saying that I’m not scumhunting, when like I see only 2 ppl actually scumhunting in posts? That is just… slightly scummy there- however, I do agree that the jumping off a bandwagon could be seen as scummy, I’m still putting that part as null though

cjdrum wrote:EBWOP: That was directed at Romanus, not to Prosaurus :)
null

cjdrum wrote:Can you explain why that post is incriminating, please?
mmmm, more likely null, but can be seen on the scum side because not admitting the obv reason why his previous post was scummy

cjdrum wrote:Lost. Why is the IC being difficult? Is difficulty all of a sudden a good playstyle? :/

Lost.
I like the amount of things he has to say :/ /sarcasm- slightly scummy, though could be just me being critical

cjdrum wrote:Most Suspicious: Romanus. For the difficulty in general, but mostly the "Yes, I can. No, I won't." (post 104)

That... I don't even know.
sigh, cjdrum’s main reason to vote for Romanus isn’t the reason why he voted for Romanus- expected that it was because of the change of heart in bandwagon- that post 104 just basically only hurts cjdrum, and I think that’s why that’s the only post pointed out- going with slightly scummy here

cjdrum wrote:Opinion - I don't like shit stirrers. Maybe if there was some real reasoning behind the stirring of shit, I'd be happy.

But... I don't wanna be lynched. That's my honest opinion.

Not because I have some power role, but because I want to learn past my first Day. Thanks all.

Oh, have I been asked any questions that I've missed? I'm pretty sure you all haven't, but I'm open to questions asked of me, if you point them out, please thankyou.
no way. You just said you didn’t have a pr. What. Are. You. Doing. If. You. Are. Town. And the questioning thing is just stupid, I do that as scum all the time- scum read

cjdrum wrote:Well, nobody wants to get lynched. It's like saying "Oh, that person voted for someone. Scum vote for people."

Why do you have to lie. You’ve played one game here, and that game the IC was mafia. And you want to trust an IC. What? Where was that programmed to trust IC part in that game. Scum.

@crazy about my thoughts on Pro- overall town read, barely getting anything on the scum radar- only thing is that his analysis are off from mine

I might have missed something important in this post- so tell me

edit before posting: I was just about to vote for cjdrum, but Wing just put him at L-1. I'm ready to hammer, but I want cjdrum to claim before I do. Also, I don't want anyone else to hammer until I post my thoughts on everyone else.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 am

WE ARE AT L-1! NO ONE VOTE CJDRUM UNLESS YOU ARE SURE OF YOUR VOTE AND HAVE ASKED FOR A CLAIM!

Posting from my phone. More later.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:24 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
WE ARE AT L-1! NO ONE VOTE CJDRUM UNLESS YOU ARE SURE OF YOUR VOTE AND HAVE ASKED FOR A CLAIM!

Posting from my phone. More later.
Translation: "Rahhh! Don't lynch my scumbuddy! At least not before I can bus them a bit! Posting from my phone. More later."
Ha.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:48 am

If I wanted to be that blatant, I would have said "Don't lynch him! He's on my team!" But I didn't. My post was merely a warning to everyone so we don't have people playing the newbcard D2.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Prosaurus »

@Misder Yes I am playing differently. I'm trying to avoid what I did last time that got me lynched.

@Wing That was just dumb.

I still dunno about cjdrum. Seems more newb than anything, we'll have to let him defend himself.

@cjdrum Read my last game. It's happening to you now.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Prosaurus wrote: @Wing That was just dumb.
How's that?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Seventh Vote Count of Day One:

cjdrum - 4 (McGriddle, Romanus, crazypianist1116, WingDamage9001)

Romanus - 2 (zMuffinMan, cjdrum)
Misder - 1 ([L])

Not Voting: 2 (Misder, Prosaurus)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch someone.

Deadline is: Wednesday, 13th April at 8:17 am GMT.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by -L- »

@Prosaurus:
Prosaurus wrote: So why have you pinned them as scummy? Redirecting attention, or being honest?
I have to ask questions to get information out of people. Am I supposed to be super friendly to my future murderers? Like "Oh! Hi! How are you doing today? /big smile Really? You don't say!" I ask to learn information, and keep them talking so they will slip up.

Before I can discuss what the important information gained from the questions I asked, understand this:

People like things. People especially like things that come easily to them. People tend to consider things they like as "fun". By finding out what a person calls "fun", I can likely deduce what comes easily to them.
WingDamage9001 wrote:
[L] wrote: Your "valid" questions ask things that will reveal important evidence for later in the game. But the fluffy questions are very noncommittal and lack substance... as if you were just filling in a question so as to not leave anyone out, or because you did not feel the need to investigate someone you already know about. Just my thoughts. But it is still early in the game, so there isn't much to ask anyhow, and you've done more work than others.

Are the fluffy questions you asked to be considered relevant?
What important information can be gleaned from the question to me? Or to pretty much anyone? I would think they are easy enough questions to make up a town-sounding answer for.
I consider this information very important as the game progresses, since I play by analyzing diction and logic. The question comes across innocently enough and people are more likely to be honest. I take every answer given to those questions with a grain of salt; erring on the side of caution is always best.
WingDamage9001 wrote: What exactly is the hunch that you're following?
If you're asking about what my hunch was, you did not read my words above the hunch statement.
[L] wrote:
@Misder: On two occasions, you have stated your surety of my innocence. I don't trust you; just being upfront. It seems as though you are trying to be my buddy, hoping that I will extend the courtesy of dropping suspicion of you. :/
Why exactly have you pegged me as an innocent?

@Prosaurus: I am in the Eastern time zone (GMT -5). My activity will be sporadic and not limited to certain times of the day. But I will at least post everyday.  Could you expound the game mechanics that make Mafia "fun" for you?

@cjdrum: Regarding "fresh new reason"...

Unvote: WingDamage

This vote was random.

Because I am following a hunch; I do not like how he can decide so early in the game that I am innocent.
To say it again: I do not like how friendly he is being. The reason I suspect Misder is because in my experience, those who try to buddy up to others, ESPECIALLY so early, are scummy.

The interpretation that mafia are the only ones who can't get any reads on people is untrue this early in the game. There will be many people who fly under the radar - both townies and scum. If it is later in the game, however, and they don't get any reads, then that is telling. Those people are more than likely to be scum.
WingDamage9001 wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:@Romanus Don't OMGUS, that pretty much got me killed me on my last game
Coaching a bit here? Romanus is the IC here, I think he/she(?) understands basic gameplay. Why do you direct him/her(?)?
Regarding your comment toward Prosaurus, let me rephrase it the way my mind interpreted it.

"Coaching the boss? Why question or direct the boss?"

When I first read Romanus' post, I was put off by it as well because it (1) did not offer explanation, just said what not to do, (2) and he proceeded to do exactly what he said not to do because of emotional reasons. I personally did not even worry about it, but when you're saying "Why question him?" you're agitating the newb pot.

WingDamage - why are you selectively reading posts and questioning as such? You missed my explanation for my hunch, and then questioned my reasoning for the hunch; and then you misread the MuffinMan/Romanus exchange and posted this quote, as if MuffinMan was the first who wrote it. Your explanation is valid, but misplaced. Your post sounds as if you are trying to build cases on misread information. If everyone reads thoroughly, these types of cases won't hold water.

@MuffinMan: Please stop referring to your inexperience. It isn't a crutch. This goes for all of the first-gamers. Scum try to hide behind this excuse all the time.

@Prosaurus:
Prosaurus wrote:
[L] wrote:I don't like bad people. Why do you like the evil one?
Don't see what you mean here.
Kira vs L; evil vs good. I was responding to the "I like Kira" comment. It was unrelated to the game.
Prosaurus wrote:
[L] wrote:@Misder: After reading your post, and evaluating MuffinMan's post - I can't get a read on him at all. Like, nada. What are you reading differently from me? What makes you think he is innocent?
As people in my last game said, Mafia tend to be the ones who can't get reads (Real or false).
What you say is true, but not that early in the game. We were just out of the RVS stage. How can someone get a read during RVS, especially when my posts were explanations of what I like in Mafia and unrelated game matters? Now that the ball is rolling, we will be able to make solid deductions on innocence and guilt. As long as people participate...

Regarding @Romanus: I don't see any content from him.
Romanus wrote:Pressure is a wonderful thing. The fact that we can up the pressure this fast, I believe, is a good thing. I believe to truly move from RVS to real substantive votes, a real wagon has to be formed, with real consequences.
Granted, he is aware of the concept of pressuring scum - but he has not put pressure on
anyone
. He's in a defensive position right now. Scummy read.

@cjdrum:

His flip flopping votes, trying to please the crowd, and constant reminders that he's a newb player in a newbie game are all scum tells. The latter is a newb tell as well as scum tell. Scummy read.
Prosaurus wrote:
FoS:[L] and Misder

But I'm no voting till I have better reads, and I don't want L-1 this early.
Why not? And also, ask me questions anytime. I'm eager to prove my innocence.
WingDamage9001 wrote: More importantly, @Everyone: Answer the questions from my earlier wall 'o text!!
Done.
WingDamage9001 wrote:
Unvote, Vote Romanus

Pressure is good?
Suspicious. You're not even sure of why you're voting.
WingDamage9001 wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:@Wing
Care to say why you're voting, apart from trying to pressure him?
It's partially a pressure vote, but mostly a vote on scum. He was under pressure before I voted him, and he responded poorly. Especially just now.
Romanus wrote:
WingDamage9001 wrote: Pressure is good?
Yes
Someone puts you to L-2 and all you say is "yes?" He hasn't been scumhunting, he's been pushing for unfounded lynches. It's still early, but I'm just about ready to see him lynched. Nothing personal. :D
I agree he hasn't been hunting. But I just started to see his words in another light, as though he were an IC answering the question. But he's not hunting just the same. A normal townie IC would have said "Yes" or whatever and proceeded to scumhunt. @WingDamage: Why the need to announce that you were applying pressure? It loses its effect when you say what it is....
Romanus wrote: I'm not concerned about numbers here. I'm concerned about scumhunting. Odds are we will lynch a townie today. Happens in most games. That really isn't important. What's important is the info you get.

I'm not pushing for lynches, I'm pushing for wagons, serious ones. The simple fact that anyone brought up the possibility of a speed lynch, and the fact that it is tied up in a neat scum bow almost guarantees there will be no speed lynch.

Pressure makes people react. Pressure makes people take a stand in their posts. This is the best way to hunt scum in my opinion.
But you haven't actually done any yet? Scum read.

Brain overloaded, I'll be back in an hour. I'm on page 5 atm.

Unvote

-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by -L- »

I am seriously uncomfortable unvoting him because my intuition is bugging the hell out of me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”