mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 am

Post by mozamis »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Actually, that's not what I was trying to accomplish with that post. I was trying to get you to quit calling people morons if you're town. Make some cases and quit avoiding questions.
]
Lol! I've been pleasant throughout this game. I was out of line in that other game-but thats another game, and not relevant to this one.
Nice try scum face :lol:
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 am

Post by mozamis »

petroleumjelly wrote: I am basically using my role as if I am an aggressive Moderator who demands activity from his players.
PJ, thats why people don't like it. And u may say "tough noggles"or whatver it was but its not the best way to get town on your side.
It will just get peoples backs up, and may end up being a collosal diversion from scumhunting. Lets assume for now you're the vig as a you say you are. Just use your powers to shoot who think is scum :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am

Post by implosion »

mozamis wrote:oh, implosion, i'm pretty sure you're town. i would start directing more of your questions at PJ and buddy lee if i were you. Maybe scotmany as well.
I haven't seen anything largely questionable from them. You say you think they're mafia - make a case! Explain your reads. scot and I asked you to a couple pages ago and you said you "can't be arsed" - well how about now?

@Tuncali, you make it sound like you're voting petroleumjelly for aggression - how is this scum motivated? Please explain.

Regarding pj's kill - I'm strongly against democratically deciding who it's used on, actually. Voicing opinions is perfectly fine, but petroleumjelly should have the final say in who is killed. It tells us more about his alignment if he's scum, and if he's town then we have a kill being directed by town. Democratic daykilling didn't really work in the only other game I've played with daykills (Cyclic experimentation) since they allowed the mafia to have too much control over the kill. I'm definitely for a kill on either mozamis or Meransiel, however.

I also fail to see what's bad about pj threatening lurkers. More activity is better.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 am

Post by mozamis »

more activity would be great :) but i just dont think shooting someone cos they havent posting is a good idea. Same idea as "lynch all lurkers" i guess. WE wanna hit scum!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 am

Post by mozamis »

ps i didnt mean PJ should vig on some democratic process. He can obviously kill whoever he wants. I just URGE him not to kill on the basis of lurking.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Amrun »

At this point in the game I have no problem with it. I'd rather he kill Merensial or mozamis, but promoting activity is also good.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Truant »

Going back to this point that I had brought up so very long ago: Amished's scumtell applies to MBL in this case because there simply isn't town motivation for you to read *only* your predecessor.

When you replace into a game as town, you simply look for scum, right? You normally don't care what was said by "yourself" beforehand as you know it was from town.

When you replace into the game as scum, you have to make sure you *look* town, therefore you're apologetic about your predecessor and typically look over what kind of trouble they got themselves into. I've seen people read a game without looking at their role PM which would make this tell void, but MBL having stated that he only looked at who he replaced invalidates this as well.

MBL strawmanning Amished's tell is cute as well; and something that he would have to do as scum to get away from it. It really wouldn't be hard to find a more elaborate version of his explanation and explaining why he didn't fall under it if he were town, but this was the easiest way for him to try to wiggle out of it.
RAWR!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by mozamis »

agree with last post one hundred per cent.
check out some of Buddy's old games. He's a lot nicer when he plays town.
On its own, thats not enough evidence to lynch him. But its all beginning to add up.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Truant wrote:Going back to this point that I had brought up so very long ago: Amished's scumtell applies to MBL in this case because there simply isn't town motivation for you to read *only* your predecessor.
Except that's not what he said. And that his predeccesor NEVER posted. Just sayin'.

@mozamis: Now you are just reaching for anything that will correlate with your baseless accusation against MBL. Made even more evident by the fact that you didn't even check the information in that post before responding to it.
Welcome to the Network.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Changed my mind, I do want to see what Truant flips.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by mozamis »

kunkstar7 wrote:
@mozamis: Now you are just reaching for anything that will correlate with your baseless accusation against MBL. Made even more evident by the fact that you didn't even check the information in that post before responding to it.
I hear you. But either, way, MBl's first post still looks scummy to me. The point is if he is town, why make that "joke" abouyt predecessor looking scummy? Why worry about your predecessor if town. I'm still happy with my vote on Buddy :)
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Truant »

Meransiel, why would I be a good flip? Why aren't you voting for me if you want to see?

Agree with moz's 260 completely.

@kunkstar7
MrBuddyLee wrote:
I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Followed by:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Truant wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Did you read anything else?
No, I didn't read at all, actually.
I just checked the first post to see if I was in the right game, and to see if CrashTextDummie had also replaced in as PJ promised. I think PJ may have lied to me, or at least used weaselly legalese, but I'll stick around anyway. I also checked the little dropdown at the bottom of the page and saw my predecessor hadn't posted in this game yet, so I made a smart-ass comment to see who was paying attention. No one really noticed or at least commented on the fact that my predecessor never actually posted in this game. When I said I read his post history, I actually just checked his history outside this game to see why he got banned from the site.

So anyhow, I skimmed this game today and saw some mild protections and some illogical posts and some attacks on said illogical posts. And definitely some noob play--asking someone if they're the cop on the first page? Really? Kids these days.

fos mozamis omgus omgwtf
see i can throw acronyms around too.

I'll read the game more carefully tomorrow--I believe I have lots of free time to waste.
Thank you, Shanba, for not making me scum.
I look forward to nailing a few of these young Turks to the wall before summer dawns. Ribbit.
(the last bolded part of mine irks me but I'll get to that as well.

As for you, kunk: the first two bolded comments are *exactly* what he said. There is absolutely, unequivocally no reason for a townie to check for his/her predecessor *only*. He blatantly admitted to it, bringing attention to it and admitting to not looking at anything else.
RAWR!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:When I said I read his post history, I actually just checked his history outside this game to see why he got banned from the site.
He didn't even read his predecessors history in regards to the game. He read it to see why the player was banned (as I'm sure a lot of curious people would do considering a banning is not common.) He didn't read anything at all in regards to this game, as you have so kindly pointed out.

And sometimes a joke is just a joke. Considering the circumstances and situation of said joke, its obviously just a joke, but you two fail to see that. And I see why pj feels like he is in a newbie game >_>.
Welcome to the Network.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:53 am

Post by mozamis »

lets say you're right (which I'm not sure u are). But lets assume you are. I still think coming into a game joking about your predecessors history being scummy is a dodgy thing to do. Again, why do that if you were town?
Plus i just felt his subsequent posts reeked of flailing.
Tuncali
Tuncali
Townie
Tuncali
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Tuncali »

mozamis, are you intentionally blurring what has been said by MrBuddyLee in order to make him appear more suspect? He has been kind enough to explain to you and everyone else several times why he said what he did about his predecessor. If you were arguing that it would not be something truthful, then you would be alright. But you are trying to make it appear that he has never given an explanation, when you say things like "Again, why do that if you were town?" without acknowledging his reasons. In addition to your general unhelpful attitude, I think I will be moving my vote to you.

UNVOTE: petroleumjelly. VOTE: mozamis
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Amrun »

Honestly, I think Truant's recent post has a point, but not so much some of his earlier posts on the matter.

How can he say he didn't read and then FOS someone in the same post...? That's more of what bothered me then the rest. Also, thanking the mod publicly for "not making him scum" rubbed me the wrong way. Plus his coaching.

That's what bothers me about MBL.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

Truant wrote:Meransiel, why would I be a good flip? Why aren't you voting for me if you want to see?
Because nobody defends you. And not a lot of people attack you. Cozy spot, ain't it? The thing with the cozy spot is - no matter who dies in the game, it won't give us any information about you. Good thing there's a way to get that information by force.

side point: I find it quite interesting that of the 3 people that want to see you flip, you only demand answers from the most suspicious one. But whatever.

Oh, by the way, plan.

Step 1:
Unvote

Vote: mozamis

Step 2:
Petro, you can both confirm your role and not bring us closer to losing by doing this: simply put, if someone reaches L-1, you daykill him. (ignore this if you're 1-shot, of course). This way, he was going to die anyway, so it's not like the town will end up any worse.

Or, even better, you can kill me for suggesting that :D.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Amrun »

Merensial, if no one says anything about him, it's the LEAST informative flip. That's not pro-town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

And Lynch all Lurkers is?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:17 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Meransiel wrote:And Lynch all Lurkers is?
PJ's method is so clearly town. He is actively enforcing an activity level in the game, without any bias, which is clearly a protown intent.
Welcome to the Network.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:37 am

Post by mozamis »

@ kunkstar so u don't find BuddyLees posting a bit dodgy?
tuncali wrote:mozamis, are you intentionally blurring what has been said by MrBuddyLee in order to make him appear more suspect?
No. I just don't believe what he has said.
tuncali wrote:But you are trying to make it appear that he has never given an explanation, when you say things like "Again, why do that if you were town?"
I think you misunderstand me. By saying "again,why do that.." I am not asking Buddy for another explanation. I am reiterating my point that he had no town reason for saying his predecessor looked scummy. I think you are confused by my idiom "Again.." meaning "this is my point again", not "buddy, could you please explain again".

@Meransial why do you now think I am scum?

Oh, and btw I now think we should try and avoid talking about Pj's vig claim. Just keep it on the back burner as it were. Its not gonna get us any closer to finding scum.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

kunkstar7 wrote:
PJ's method is so clearly town. He is actively enforcing an activity level in the game, without any bias, which is clearly a protown intent.
I didn't say pj is scum. No, pj is 100% town. That doesn't mean that I agree with anything he is going to do.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Meransiel »

And mozamis, I was always kind of suspicious of you, to be honest. Give me a good reason to unvote, and I might reconsider (might).
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am

Post by mozamis »

well, tell me why you are suspicious of me :)
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Meransiel wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
I didn't say pj is scum. No, pj is 100% town. That doesn't mean that I agree with anything he is going to do.
This was obviously was in reference to PJ's method, because I don't see any other form of LaL being attempted here. So unless you are making an irrelevant point, that's what I assumed.

@whoever was talking at me: I don't find anything dodgy with BuddyLee.
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”