Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It's a weak cop. If he hides behind someone and doesn't die, that person is town.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

greyICE wrote:I understood the mechanic, I thought I had a power and no reward.
ok. I mean, this is pretty much all I needed to hear. I'm failrly certain you're lying scum and UK's role information is unreliable. I'll confirm how I know in a big reveal later. Unless there is a certain assumption I've got wrong, but we can confirm that after my big reveal fairly easily.

In the mean time, tell me a little more about this claimed hider reward - it specifically says if you hide behind scum, you die?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Kdub »

UNVOTE:

No reason to rush this. I'm interested to hear what Rhinox has to say. It's at least clear that whatever he thinks he has on GreyICE, nobody else seems to be picking up on it.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 am

Post by GreyICE »

Uh okay rhino. Go for it.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox wrote:
greyICE wrote:I understood the mechanic, I thought I had a power and no reward.
ok. I mean, this is pretty much all I needed to hear. I'm failrly certain you're lying scum and UK's role information is unreliable. I'll confirm how I know in a big reveal later. Unless there is a certain assumption I've got wrong, but we can confirm that after my big reveal fairly easily.

In the mean time, tell me a little more about this claimed hider reward - it specifically says if you hide behind scum, you die?
It's a hider mechanic.

If I hide behind Red Dragon clan, they kill me.

Do I have to get a wiki out for you?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So, you're saying you could theoretically hide behind a second scum group or sk and not die :? anyone ever hear of a faction-specific hider before, or would that then prove the existence of only 1 scum faction? Eh, ignore this for now the stuff below is much more important because this claimed ability does not exist anyways.

Everyone do me a favor and go take a look at the PM you received from Fate on March 7th at 8:27 PM (EST). It was the message where fate announced that all role PM's were sent out and we were supposed to confirm to him via PM by giving him a piece of information. That piece of information being
Role Name and [Bounty Reward]

So I have already had greyICE confirm that he has understood the bounty mechanic all along and that he claims that until last night, he did not believe he had a bounty reward but an already active from the start ability.

The PM sent by fate says the game would not start until all players confirmed, and since the game started then it logically follows that greyICE did indeed confirm.

Therefore, there is no way that greyICE would think he did not have a bounty reward, because it would have been information he would have to confirm before the game were allowed to start.

QED?

(initially, I thought the confirmation instructions were in the separate role PM's and if greyICE was given different confirmation instructions than someone I know to be town (me), then he must be scum. Now, it changes somewhat in that since we all received the same instructions, the fact that greyICE is claiming to not know he had a bounty reward is a blatant, obvious, confirmable lie and I would think scum would be more careful than that. But then again, I seem to be the only one that remembers the confirmation instructions, so maybe not.)

Anyways, there it is. greyICE, now that we all know you're lying and why, go ahead and try to explain.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

As for GreyICE's counterclaim, I don't see a reason to believe that bounty rewards are necessarily unique. After all, I'm another "one who got away" (in fact, that should be
my
flavor).

Rhinox's reveal is off the mark on the "factional hider" issue; I can confirm that Hiding behind an RDC kills. The rest is actually an impressive catch, and what makes it more than an embarrassing mistake is that we're now one confirmed alignment short of what was promised. Claiming the bounty character essentially means he's not falseclaiming, although if this game is flavor-breaking-proof like advertised I don't know how much weight that holds. UK claiming information on him is vague and etc.

But tbh, it doesn't matter to me whether GreyICE is telling the truth or not right now, because we have a more obvious scum lying around.

Vote: Jahudo
(L-5)

I mean, what, did everyone forget?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox wrote:So, you're saying you could theoretically hide behind a second scum group or sk and not die :? anyone ever hear of a faction-specific hider before, or would that then prove the existence of only 1 scum faction? Eh, ignore this for now the stuff below is much more important because this claimed ability does not exist anyways.

Everyone do me a favor and go take a look at the PM you received from Fate on March 7th at 8:27 PM (EST). It was the message where fate announced that all role PM's were sent out and we were supposed to confirm to him via PM by giving him a piece of information. That piece of information being
Role Name and [Bounty Reward]

So I have already had greyICE confirm that he has understood the bounty mechanic all along and that he claims that until last night, he did not believe he had a bounty reward but an already active from the start ability.

The PM sent by fate says the game would not start until all players confirmed, and since the game started then it logically follows that greyICE did indeed confirm.

Therefore, there is no way that greyICE would think he did not have a bounty reward, because it would have been information he would have to confirm before the game were allowed to start.

QED?

(initially, I thought the confirmation instructions were in the separate role PM's and if greyICE was given different confirmation instructions than someone I know to be town (me), then he must be scum. Now, it changes somewhat in that since we all received the same instructions, the fact that greyICE is claiming to not know he had a bounty reward is a blatant, obvious, confirmable lie and I would think scum would be more careful than that. But then again, I seem to be the only one that remembers the confirmation instructions, so maybe not.)

Anyways, there it is. greyICE, now that we all know you're lying and why, go ahead and try to explain.
Sorry, no catch. I PMed Fate "Confirm - one shot hider" before I even opened the other mail. That's what my role said.

I automatically PM all mods my role and confirmation pretty much exactly that way.

Except when I make up silly stuff if I'm a VT. Like "Confirm - Superman. Can Post AND vote!"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Jahudo
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Oh yeah Fate did ask for that pretty specifically. Though if Grey did reply with that response I wonder if there would have been a problem. Would Fate have made Grey give him the full information or not.

Vi, what are the odds of two hiders? Now that 1-shot cop is revealed fake I think its been raised from nigh-impossible to nigh-improbable. I have enough doubt that I don't want to vote for you unless I also had a feeling your posts were scummy now. And I don't know what to think about flavor being important anymore. UK said it was and she was town and perhaps I should listen to her.

I'm still suspicious of UT. Anybody with me? Antitown?

Vote: Untrod Tripod
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm more suspicious of the MILLER claim, now that there is no confirmable cop.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Jahudo wrote:Vi, what are the odds of two hiders? Now that 1-shot cop is revealed fake I think its been raised from nigh-impossible to nigh-improbable.
It's not bad when you have two characters in one niche and/or are strapped for creativity.
And I don't know what to think about flavor being important anymore. UK said it was and she was town and perhaps I should listen to her.
I'm going on what Fate said. You are listed as one of the people who got that message.

The gesture of goodwill is nice and everything, but your Miller claim was still bad so etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I was expecting more from Rhinox's argument. Ignorance does not make GreyICE obvscum--obvdumb, maybe (omg i've wanted to say that forever i'm so creative)!

Before I place my vote down, Why would scum claim miller? The fact that multiple people have said as such makes me feel as if its...too obvious for both to be scum. Do you think in some situation either Jahudo or Vi IS a miller, and the other is scum? Thats what I am thinking right now, but its more of a question of which one.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:27 pm

ToastyToast wrote:I was expecting more from Rhinox's argument. Ignorance does not make GreyICE obvscum--obvdumb, maybe (omg i've wanted to say that forever i'm so creative)!

Before I place my vote down, Why would scum claim miller? The fact that multiple people have said as such makes me feel as if its...too obvious for both to be scum. Do you think in some situation either Jahudo or Vi IS a miller, and the other is scum? Thats what I am thinking right now, but its more of a question of which one.

My vote is on the correct one.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Just did a quick ISO of Vi.
I don't like her defense of me throughout the game, then sudden switch onto me after GreyICE lynch began to rot.
No reason for such a miller claim that early in the game.

If, however, she IS Julia, then we can assume that Vi is a Miller, leaving Jahudo in the open
Vote: VI

I am in favor of learning who GreyICE hid behind. It will clear someone as town, so we should use the move to our advantage, ESPECIALLLY if he hid behind someone we have been suspecting.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Rhinox, I confirmed with my role name and my role, so that theory's debunked.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Antitown »

Argh, I never check this account, so I keep neglecting this game. Kat, if you're not going to post, can I just post from my main?

Now, to wade through the labyrinth of claims.

Ouch. Was I wrong about Jahudo?
Jahudo wrote:Oh yeah Fate did ask for that pretty specifically. Though if Grey did reply with that response I wonder if there would have been a problem. Would Fate have made Grey give him the full information or not.

Vi, what are the odds of two hiders? Now that 1-shot cop is revealed fake I think its been raised from nigh-impossible to nigh-improbable. I have enough doubt that I don't want to vote for you unless I also had a feeling your posts were scummy now. And I don't know what to think about flavor being important anymore. UK said it was and she was town and perhaps I should listen to her.

I'm still suspicious of UT. Anybody with me? Antitown?

Vote: Untrod Tripod
lolwat?
UT has graduated from scummy active lurker to full blown flaker. That bridge has been burned.
toasty wrote:you lied about cop, and now you claim HIDER? WTF THATS LIKE THE SCUMMIEST--ugh, not to mention one-shot hider, which makes no sense at all.
seriously, there are only two options:
1)You're purposely playing stupid so we can get bounty rewards
2)Scum
this means: quite a safe lynch. And we lynched a 3rd partyD1--nothing wrong with that.

I wish we could ask kitten if her role info changes with his new claim :/
@Kdub: her death could be strategic on scum's part. We can't ask her if her opinion on GreyICE has changed.

Question for GreyICE: UK said her role-info suggested you were town. Did you have role info that suggested she was town?

I'm also willing to vote Vi/Jahudo, but still, GreyICE...#@!*#*(*$&(*#*$#
First off, LAL = failed philosophy. Grey's fakeclaim was actually more protown than a real one would've been (it got the "millers" to crawl out of the woodwork).
Also, the "safe lynch" thing = complete bullshit. You're acting like lynching a random 3rd party role gives us some kind of breathing room for free lynches, when it obviously doesn't.

I hate the fact that Jahudo opted to vote the lurker over the person who CCed his role, but since both the main part and bounty reward of Vi's claim have been CCed, I feel better with a Vi vote.

VOTE: Vi
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:Just did a quick ISO of Vi.
I don't like her defense of me throughout the game, then sudden switch onto me after GreyICE lynch began to rot.
No reason for such a miller claim that early in the game.

If, however, she IS Julia, then we can assume that Vi is a Miller, leaving Jahudo in the open
Vote: VI

I am in favor of learning who GreyICE hid behind. It will clear someone as town, so we should use the move to our advantage, ESPECIALLLY if he hid behind someone we have been suspecting.
Well I was going to hide behind you.

But then Fate told me it was a bounty power.

Actually he was a bit more sardonic than that, but I suppose I deserved it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Antitown »

Half baked theory:

Jahudo getting GF powers as a bounty reward actually makes a lot of sense. That still doesn't account for the fact that Grey CCed Vi's bounty reward...
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

GreyICE wrote:Sorry, no catch. I PMed Fate "Confirm - one shot hider" before I even opened the other mail. That's what my role said.

I automatically PM all mods my role and confirmation pretty much exactly that way.

Except when I make up silly stuff if I'm a VT. Like "Confirm - Superman. Can Post AND vote!"
How did you know you were supposed to send a confirmation PM at all then?

When you read the second PM with the confirmation instructions, wouldn't you have thought maybe you should resend a confirmation PM something like "oh sry I meant /confirm here's my role name and I have no bounty reward" in order to do it right?

So does your role PM say what your non-bounty reward role is then without the bounty ability?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Jahudo »

Antitown wrote:That still doesn't account for the fact that Grey CCed Vi's bounty reward...
Good point.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Kdub »

Eh, Rhinox doesn't have a bad point, but Grey is already confirmed town via UK, so I can see him misreading his role. It's not out of the realm of reasonable possibilities, so I'll trust UK's assertion that Grey is 100% town over that.

Anything else that needs to be discussed today? If not, I'll put my vote back on Vi.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Sorry, no catch. I PMed Fate "Confirm - one shot hider" before I even opened the other mail. That's what my role said.

How did you know you were supposed to send a confirmation PM at all then?

When you read the second PM with the confirmation instructions, wouldn't you have thought maybe you should resend a confirmation PM something like "oh sry I meant /confirm here's my role name and I have no bounty reward" in order to do it right?

So does your role PM say what your non-bounty reward role is then without the bounty ability?
1) 'cause I've played mafia before.
2) No, 'cause I'd confirmed and deleted it.
3) No, I have no role outside of my bounty power apparently. Would have been a bit clearer if I had (or it was formatted "Vanilla Town [One-shot Hider]")
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

greyICE wrote:3) No, I have no role outside of my bounty power apparently. Would have been a bit clearer if I had (or it was formatted "Vanilla Town [One-shot Hider]")
This is not consistent with the information provided to me in my role PM.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”