Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
carpet attack bristep

Finally we agree that bristep needs a wagon.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:53 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I can not recall a single instance where Eddie ever hit anyone with a vehicle...

... ever.

His driving the low riders to the ring gimmick happened during years that my watching waned though. Anyone else recall an instance?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Atomic Wedgie: Furcolow

@SR - what makes you think flavor is that closely followed in this game?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 am

Post by VasudeVa »

My internet has been very crappy recently. I keep logging out of MS for some god forsaken reason. Makes reading a bitch.

*shameless prod dodge for now*
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 am

Post by sottyrulez »

@VP: I expect that a vig claim would have flavor that makes sense for the character claim that was made.

On the flips we have seen, D'Von is known for Tables and Jeff is known for Swantons, so it's easy to see there, but Eddie is not known for running people over.

MODwifom is possible, but the likelihood is
extremely low
IMO.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I find it very strange that sottyrulez is playing outguess the mod frankly. Why not just leave him to vig tonight and prove his flavor? Seems ridiculously simple to solve imo.
YOUR AD HERE

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

If I'm not under a car by tomorrow there better be hell to pay.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:24 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'm not playing outguess the mod, you are.

I understand the confirmable aspect of his role, and I want to lynch him anyway because I think he's probably scum. (Claiming a confirmable role is
exactly
the point when you're scum.)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, how am I playing outguess the mod when I'm saying we should see what actually happens? There is absolutely no guessing involved in that whatsoever. Meanwhile, you are saying 'flavoraid doesn't fit with Guerrua based upon stuff that happened in RL, LYNCH'. I need you to explain this to me how I'm the one outguessing what Locke would do.
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:02 am

Post by sottyrulez »

The claim is one aspect of why we find Gman more suspicious now. Your response to this is to question us on why we think flavor is closely followed. Given the flips we have and the fact that they make flavor sense, I would expect any power claim to make
some
kind of sense, and Gman's claim does not. While you think this is viable cause to back off his lynch, we do not.

His play leading up to the claim was suspect, and the claim itself is too. We know Gman pretty extensively, and the way he claimed prematurely is very unlike him. Usually I would be conversing to him laughing after a mafia game at how the lesser skilled players hit the panic button and claimed pre-maturely. This doesn't sit well.

Let's look at it from a far more basic level. From a percentage perspective, what's the likelihood of Gman being town to you? I have it somewhere between 1-5% Which is good enough in my mind to keep my vote right where it is.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

honestly, I don't like to guess about flavor in large games. mods can intentionally mess with it to punish people that live by it. I'm not saying Locke would do that, and you could be right...but I think it's a real enough chance that lynching over flavor should always be a moot point unless the mod explicitly says that flavor knowledge is required.

re: early claiming - what did he claim at again? I thought he was close with people threatening to hammer. Does Gman have any games where he stated a policy on early claiming that I should know about? I do find early claims suspicious.

In terms of how likely I find Gman to be town...I don't have a defined percentage really. I think his claim is believable enough on its face that I'd like to leave him in play for at least a night so he can prove it. Even if he's scum, then he's going to have to kill someone the town wants dead, which is fine in my book.
YOUR AD HERE

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

@VP's 1719: Here's my case on bristep:

In 1422 he voted me, saying he needed a reference point for chesskid's gut reads (chesskid was voting me at the time). See my 1452 for why this is scummy.

In 1455 he defends his vote on me by saying he was just joking about needing a reference point, and that he actually knew chesskid's gut reads in Mutiny on the High Seas were good, so much so that he was willing to follow chesskid onto me. Notice he explicitly says he is voting me because he thinks there is a good chance I am scum.

But then in 1547 he unvotes me because he doesn't trust AV or IS (both of whom had been voting me the entire time!), and says the vote on me was actually just a "meta experiment", rather than because he thinks I am scum.

Then in 1552 when he's defending himself from NC, who was in MotHS, he starts attacking chesskid's play in MotHS, in direct contrast to his glorifying it in 1455. He also once again extols the virtues of getting a reference point on chesskid's meta, even though that was supposedly a joke!

Basically Bristep is changing his opinion to whatever he thinks people will suspect him the least for, rather than what he honestly believes.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

EA, that's a hell of a lot of reasons that revolve around yourself.

Divorce yourself from it for a moment. Is Bristep sheeping/buddying Chesskid like it sounds from your summary, and is that vote worthy?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by jediknight »

I got alot sicker with a fever, sore throat and cough...I'm still battling it. I will respond to some other things later.

Gman as Eddie Guerrero....I can buy that. Alignment not so much. I keep thinking that a day vig as a wwe/f alignment (such as jason) could lead to a non wwe/f alignment night vig. Especially with the number of night kills being what they were.

Eddie was always at his best as a heal...i know i know...flavor may or may not play a part.

Eddie turned on tag team partner Tajiri by slamming him through the windshield of a low rider truck from what I remember. I miss Eddie...he was an amazing HEEL. Not changing my vote just yet.
And I'm spent...
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

chop: jediknight
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by GMan »

sottyrulez: How was my claim premature? I was L-2, it was pretty clear that I was going to be the deadline lynch of choice over IS. With deadline approaching I think the best thing to do was claim once that point had been reached, to save as much time as possible for alternative bandwagons to form and reach a lynch.

What did you want me to do? Wait till the very last second to claim and hope I didn't get quick hammered before then? Not claim at all and swallow my lynch, knowing I had an unused vig kill in my hands? Or try to stay alive, get a shot at lynching and then killing scum?

Some of your reasons for finding me suspicious seem very contrived. Like that meta. You know, the meta I countered and was never mentioned by you again? If you really felt that was correct why did you not pursue that further? Instead, you let me have the last say.

[post]
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Hoppster »

I don't see the reason for scepticism regarding GMan's role. I don't think that with a wrestling theme, roles necessarily have to fit exactly with the wrestler/flavour.

@ BS: Why on earth (if you're town) would you propose yourself to be vig'd? You surely wouldn't propose somebody else you were very confident of being town for vigging, so why yourself - the only person who you can say with 100% certainty is town?

Support for a jediknight wagon now? These three posts contain my points on him.

Unvote
Tiger-Bomb: Jediknight

I think it's a bad idea to nail GMan down to one target. If scum have PRs then they can frame/redirect/whatever. If we have at least 2 or 3 options and let GMan choose one, then it's less likely to suffer from scum meddling/interference.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 2.9!

bristep123 - 5 (AurorusVox, Primate, Gobots, Erratus Apathos, vezokpiraka)
GMan - 4 (Scott Brosius, sottyrulez, Lowell, jediknight)
Internet Stranger - 3 (Kise, Nero Cain, Empking)
jediknight -3 (GMan, Kublai Khan, Hoppster)
Empking - 2 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Furcolow)
Furcolow - 1 (VP Baltar)
Erratus Apathos - 1 (Internet Stranger)
Sottyrulez - 1 (VasudeVa)
AurorusVox - 1 (bristep123)

Not voting - 2 (Baby Spice, chesskid3)

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. Hoppster, Kise and Primate have been prodded (and I see I must have prodded Hoppster as he posted :P).

Deadline is Friday 25th March at 10:00AM GMT, which is now just over 48 hours away. A countdown to that time is here.

Word counter: here
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Go To Sleep: Jediknight
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

BS: Everything I said in my summary is completely true, the links are there so you can confirm it for yourself. And I ain't divorcing myself from shit. Til death do us part, damn it.

Hey guys you see the deadline? It's time to stop making stupid ass meaningless votes and contribute to a lynch. That means you, anyone not on a wagon, or still on the GMan wagon. Shit's not happening today, get over it.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Lowell »

back heel empking
, so, no GMan... okay.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Atomic Wedgie: jediknight

Everyone get on this wagon now. That means people on the bristep wagon that's not happening.
YOUR AD HERE

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 am

Post by AurorusVox »

VPB: you don't like the cases on Bristep?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Hoppster wrote:@ BS: Why on earth (if you're town) would you propose yourself to be vig'd? You surely wouldn't propose somebody else you were very confident of being town for vigging, so why yourself - the only person who you can say with 100% certainty is town?
Think I said it at the time.

Disinterested/lurking players are vig bait, and I was definately one. Replacing always leads to wine for the replacee. So confirming a town vig was a good option for an at the time not so useful spot.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:36 am

Post by Empking »

I'm pretty sure that the IS wagon has been broken up by the power of scum because I see absolutely no explaination for it (we shouldn't be using the vig to get rid of a scumbag that's just begging for a scum roleblock but for a "policy lynch".).

Out of BS and JK I'm liking the JK much more.

Heel Stomp: JK
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”