Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

EA 1615 is great.

@Bris-Not to be an ass...and I can certianly understand it being difficult to keep up in a large game but I don't see why you don't replace out? I mean, as town, our goal is to scum hunt. If you can't scumhunt do to not being able to keep up how is that helping? Do you not have a town wincon? And if you do why do you not care about the town wincon? But then again...I don't see you as town so...

@Furc 1603-If you feel/felt the VPs case on you was lacking and therefore didn't respond then fine but when I posted a case on you your response was that I wouldn't be attacking you if you didn't think I was scum with I later proved was false b/c I went after you first. Now follow me here...You didn't respond to VPB b/c his case was inexistent yet you responded to my case so is that saying my case on you is valid?

NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO POST
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VPB 1608-You know what this post lacks? A response to my question. I guess you could say "Well I voted thus meaning I find him scummy." But I still find it very suspicious that you seem to go out of your way to NOT call him scum.

The problem is that, if you believe that Furc is scum then I don't see why you're getting on to Jedi about attacking scum. Even if its "for a weak reason" its not like he's hopping on a bandwagon or anything and even if he was distancing from his scum buddy why not just let him go ahead?

But it doesn't seem like legitimate scum hunting to me.

Town motivation(IMO)=find scum>>>>convince others to lynch scum.

Your motivation was find scum>>>>NOT convince others to lynch scum.

As for your bullet point in #2. You totally missed the point. I already know you aren't going to vote IS for whatever reason you have. The point was that you knock Jedi for attacking EMP for lurking. IS is attacking EMP as well so why is Jedi's scum hunting "lacking" but IS' isn't?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I do think IS' scumhunting is lacking. You're clearly not reading my posts. However, I think IS comes across town in his town and jedi comes across as trying to appease people and not ruffle too many feathers etc. etc. You're over simplifying things to fit your argument, as far as I'm concerned.

re: jedi + furc - I pursue suspicious behavior in the early days and I don't give two shits about calling scum teams. If I see a player acting scummy, expect me to say so, regardless of what that player looks like in relation to other players I find scummy.

One of the biggest problems on the site recently is people wanting to call the entire scum team on D1. Get over yourself, seriously. 99 percent of the time, calling the scumteam is just one big ball of incoherent conspiracy theory. Just scum hunt and deal with one lynch at a time until you have legitimate reason (ie, mod confirmed flips) to be drawing connections. /rant
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by jediknight »

We're doing some massive spring cleaning at home this weekend and apparently I got into something that I am allergic to...my face around my nose is swollen and blotchy and my eyes are wicked watery. I'll get back to this tomorrow if I feel better. Sorry...
And I'm spent...
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

@Hoppster, it’s both ISO posts #22 and #23; maybe it’s just a playstyle thing but I never want votes as scum period; as town I’m pretty well arrogant enough to believe I can shuck them no problem because I’ve got the truth on my side.

@VV, I think VPB is pretty solidly town. He started the game organizing the RR and I think he knew it would cost him, but it would benefit the town by getting someone like me the title (I’d suggest he worked specifically to get me the title, but that’s probably a biased reading). The fact that he’s giving me grief right now is actually a positive thing; I think he knows that he’s beaten me as scum before when he plays nice with me and I’ll give him a wide berth in such cases; so the fact that he’s willing to get on me makes me think he’s town and trying to make sure his read on me is accurate. In retrospect, I don’t care for the Kise vote, but I think it’s a case of where he missed the forest for the trees.

Post?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

post.

NC are you familiar with my meta?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

@furc, Congrats on having three town reads; that doesn’t excuse your lack of participation in the game. And yes, Empking is certainly amongst the scummy in the book; but just because you can point at another player and say he’s scummy doesn’t absolve you.

@VPB, Don’t you think if I had a distinct number one right now I’d be pushing them? I had a lead I liked in GMan; parts of it fell apart and he fell back from a distinct number one to part of the pack with BS, Empking, and furc but he was the only credible wagon at that point so it didn’t make sense to bail on it.

@Empking, Any reason you chose to bring up the two year old Carnival Mafia, but completely failed to mention Open 276 – Friends and Enemies which just happened to end within the last month or so?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Furcolow »

DDD, I am completely fine with your suspicions, I have a good grasp of this game and I am developing pairings regardless of whether or not you like it.
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by GMan »

God, I hate having to claim. Especially when my wagon is as easy/lazy as this one seems to be. But it's better that I do, so...

I am
Eddie Guerrero
. Latino Heat. Who needs my Mamacita when I have a
One-Shot Vigilante
night ability?
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Kise »

I can see that. Jason was a DV, so you could be the NV. I'm thinking if we can confirm you, you should be protected and given the IC title since it boosts existing power. The counterwagon doesn't seem to be built by scum, oddly enough.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Unvote
. Ugh. It being confirmable is good though. Gman, why didn't you shoot last night? If there was no CC, this would be 20% easier.

Suplex: Sottyrulez
. The vote on this wagon I had the worst feeling about. Could also swing by a jediknight vote.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Primate »

@Bristep: You can think that if you want. The reason I said I'd vote for you was because you were the only person with any votes on them already that I was previously suspicious of, and that's a suspicion I noted on D1.

Yeah so GMan isn't scum. Think EA's statement about non GMan/IS votes being wasted is quite wrong, we have multiple days left and it's an active game.

Superkick: Bristep
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Empking »

Any reason you chose to bring up the two year old Carnival Mafia, but completely failed to mention Open 276 – Friends and Enemies which just happened to end within the last month or so?

DDD: A horrific memory. It simply skipped my mind. I don't recall seeing an unusual play style in that game either though.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Bristep is kicked in the gut and then flung head over heels with a gutwrench suplex!

I'd rather keep playing and try to keep up thanks. First large game, I'm not going to learn much if I quit. I have a town wincon, and I care about it. Plain and simple really.

I'll admit I've struggled to keep up but I have a week off work so will read through the game today as I promised to do before the weekend and try to get a clue.

GMan's claim doesn't specify alignment. (i.e WWF One-Shot Vigilante) Are vigs specifically town roles? Would scum have one if there's more than one scum group since this is a large game?
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Lowell »

Great, more quotes that will be mod-removed, making it even harder to follow.

I echo 1661; I find it hard to believe in a game with this many unknowns that a one-shot vig
wouldn't
use his ability.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Sorry guys I've been trying to sort out a flat to move into in April.

Top Wagonzz

Of the two, I preferred the GMAN wagon one because for a long time I thought IS was town and Gman was more null due to lurky lurky behaviour. But IS' posting defences against EA as soon as EA calls him on it, despite apparently being V/LA, is sooo hypocritical, considering IS called EA out on doing something similar (I'd argue IS' is even worse because of being V/LA). With Gman claiming something that can be confirmed on top of IS' hypocrisy, I now prefer the IS wagon.

BUT NEITHER ARE AS GOOD AS A BRISTEP WAGON.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

How exactly are you all going to verify the vig claim over the scum amidst all the flavor text? Are you all planning to simply guess?
Also, no suggestions on who Gman should vig yet?

Is that just not fishy to anyone else?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

bristep - comes across as somewhat sincere in his being overwhelmed by the game. I'd like to give him a chance to do his full reread and catch up if possible. I can understand how this game would be difficult if you're newer.

Gman should be doc protected and allowed to shoot tonight. I need to look at the titles to see what exactly the IC title does, but if it works like Kise is suggesting, then we should definitely give it to him like a new clip of ammo. Lord knows there are plenty of people that need a bullet between the eyes here.

Out of the Gman wagon, I'd want jediknight dead the most...but a lurker like Gobots or Scott Brosius could probably use a rope as well if there isn't support for the former.

Eye rake: jediknight
YOUR AD HERE

bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 am

Post by bristep123 »

Sorry Lowell, thought never even crossed my mind when I posted.

I see merit in the IS wagon through the walls of text that some of the most vocal players have been throwing out, but when AV makes a congescent argument against him and follows it up with a clearly incorrect (and I know only I know that for certain) statement about me it makes it difficult for me to support anything he argues for, especially when he's focused in on me for some time.

Reading through the thread in ISO first to get a time line of each player before reading the whole thread, chesskid has a contradiction I want to highlight. ISO #130 "Gman and Vas are both town" from Tuesday 15th March, then a vote ISO #143 "Testicle Kick: GMan" on Friday 18th March, with no explanation for the reason. Now I can buy voting for a nullread to avoid a no-lynch, but voting for a town read at any point is anti-town surely?

Chesskid what happened between Tuesday and Friday to change your mind and elicit your vote?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@Gman: Who did you shoot? Or did you shoot at all?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 2.7!

GMan - 8 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Scott Brosius, Gobots, sottyrulez, Lowell, jediknight, chesskid3, Hoppster)
Internet Stranger - 7 (Kise, Nero Cain, Empking, Kublai Khan, Erratus Apathos, vezokpiraka, Furcolow)
jediknight - 2 (GMan, VP Baltar)
bristep123 - 2 (AurorusVox, Primate)
Erratus Apathos - 1 (Internet Stranger)
Furcolow - 1 (VP Baltar)
Sottyrulez - 1 (VasudeVa)

Not voting - 2 (Baby Spice, bristep123)

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. Scott Brosius and Baby Spice have been prodded.

Deadline is Friday 25th March at 10:00AM GMT. A countdown to that time is here.

Word counter: here
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Hey AV, you make it sound as if EA suddeny perked up and I suddenly showed up. Clearly you havent been paying attention.

EA has been shooting at me for days.
Empking has been shooting at me (for obvious reasons)
Nero has been on my ass since post 1.

Then there are other people that just fall into the random noise category.

So why are you trying to make it sound like im suddenly appearing and saying something about them? I have done nothing but talk about them. What youre doing here just sounds like foreshadowing a vote, which is clearly a scum move.

I still want to know how the rest of you geniuses (Who clearly though gman is scum) are going to avoid WIFOM action tomorrow if the scum fail their kill (or dont submit one).
This is why I hate claims. (Which is different than when an info cop outs you with missing gaps of info)
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

IS, regardless of if you believe Gman's claim or not here, I don't think the optimal play is to lynch him today (which is what I assume you're suggesting). Whether he is telling the truth or not is going to come out in the wash soon enough. If the scum have a RBer or something and they want to spend it stopping Gman, then that just allows our other PRs to be in play. I say let them.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 am

IS, look at the two kills we've had so far they both were flavor associated with the characters in question.

@GMan,
what sort of flavor should we be looking for in regards to your kill if you aren't around to claim it for whatever reason?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”