Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

SpyreX wrote:He said clearly he knew the role and it would be confirmable. Further, he's knowledgeable enough to know if he's attempting a suicide mission
to make it clear.
Yeah but.

This may be as clear as Xtomx could get.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No way in hell is that clear if he was trying to commit suicide on one of his scum reads - us.

That was, I'll guarantee, a misjudged town read. That part I can agree with KMD on. This somehow its inHim doesn't mesh well, though.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Alright guys I'm back into it. Sorry about that last post, I was just... not in a good way.

Need to get caught up on the last few pages, haven't been reading at all. Will have something later tonight.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

inHimshallibe wrote:iamausername: Eh, I could go with RedCoyote, just feel more confident about Cyberbob. Better?
No.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spy 1616 wrote:No. You said, and it was "Farside found this thing. Hence, vote."
I still don't think you're being very fair, Spy. I mean, sure, that was a big part of the vote, but you make it sound like I never talked about werewolf before or after that point. That isn't the case.

I just don't know if it's worth kicking you over this though. In the past, if I had a scumread on you, it would really be a confident one. The Xtoxm issue and the apathy issue are sort of clouding that right now, but, ugh, I'm still really leaning on a townread for you.

---
Kmd 1639 wrote:You guys are really going to make me spell this out.

-Xtoxm gave a town/scum list. He said ONLY TOWN order was relevant. Inhim was at the VERY BOTTOM in towniness.
-Xtoxm said he went after someone who he thought was town and wouldn't be NKd. Inhim was at the BOTTOM of his town list.
-Xtoxm later shows some support for an Inhim lynch, someone who was just on his TOWN list.
Kmd's heart is in the right place, I think, but he's doing himself a disservice to be so aggressive in his description of Xtoxm's reads. It just cannot be the primary factor weighing in on our lynch today. I thought it could earlier today, but it's apparent Xtoxm did not play an optimal Hider game this game. Heck, the living players are basically cut in half between townreads and neutral/scumreads. We can basically rule it down to 4 or 5 likely players he hid behind if he kept the same strategy of hiding behind "town" players, but, I mean, you're still not really moving forward with that.

Actually, strike that lost point, because that does really invalidate the wagons on me and Spy in the sense that neither of us were ever on his town side at any time going by his posts.

In other words, if Xtoxm is to have an impact on our lynch at all, we should lynch someone from the town side of his reads.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 am

SpyreX wrote:No way in hell is that clear if he was trying to commit suicide on one of his scum reads - us.
Why not? He wasn't particularly motivated, he gave off vibes of not being in the game for the long run.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 am

RedCoyote wrote:In other words, if Xtoxm is to have an impact on our lynch at all, we should lynch someone from the town side of his reads.
NO.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Cyberbob »

okay back. Actually hadn't missed as much as I was thinking, lol

kmd is reaching waaaay too hard with these crumb reads tbqh. then again I've never really "gotten" the whole breadcrumbing thing so maybe I'm just not the best at spotting them either

really not a fan of this little bit from RC
RedCoyote wrote:I just don't know if it's worth kicking you over this though. In the past, if I had a scumread on you, it would really be a confident one. The Xtoxm issue and the apathy issue are sort of clouding that right now, but, ugh, I'm still really leaning on a townread for you.
like seriously what the hell how is this guy not strung up yet with things like this floating around
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Weatherman »

Cyberbob wrote:kmd is reaching waaaay too hard with these crumb reads tbqh. then again I've never really "gotten" the whole breadcrumbing thing so maybe I'm just not the best at spotting them either
I think Kmd's reading something that isn't there.
Xtoxm should have targeted someone on his town list but the inHim crumb just isn't there.
but this remark. from
cyberbob
. it's OFF.
cyberbob ridicules stuff he finds implausible pitilessly sharper than almost anyone on the site. it's psychologically near implausible for the cyberbob I've encountered to go "this is a maaaassive reach... then again, what do I know." This reads hard to me as him not wanting to criticize Kmd to the fullest for some unsaid motive of either not wanting to discourage too much or not wanting to be perceived discouraging too much.

vote: cyberbob

my long post is coming.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Cyberbob »

hey

hey weatherman

kindly don't bring out of game things into this

thanks
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Cyberbob »

(it's clear that you don't know shit about me or what i'm actually like i am a very whimsical person)
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So everyone pretty much thinks Xtoxm thought inhim was town but wanted him lynched anyway. And everyone forgets that inhim is actually scummy. Ok. Whatever.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

No, I'm saying I don't think inHim being on that list was some kind of secret crumb AND he was aiming for "getting confirmed" which would make inHim make more sense than ohh, me or DGB BUT still makes it a pile of fairy dust as far as being the target.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Weatherman »

Kmd, problem is, hider trying to find scum without A+ crumbs will waste the role if he hits scum. once he claimed, really effective crumbing was impossible (hider dies if he's hiding behind a nk target). That's my problem with Xtoxm targeting someone he thinks is scummy.
As for the "only the order of town is relevant", well that's an obvious breadcrumb on targeting yabbaguy who was at the
of the town list. Hidden other meanings implied already originally so much before N2, thinking that it's a crumb that he next targets the bottom name on his town list, it's just not more than vague guesswork. If Xtoxm followed the list in the logic he had given, he would have targeted Korlash. That's possible. That's also risky - it's who I would have guessed as scum.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Korlash »

I have to ask, is Xtoxm is the player to use his role for his own interest or for the interest of the town? I only remember playing with him once or twice, but he never struck me as the player who wouldn't try to at least help out with his role (Even if he was bored with the game). Like for instance, if you do want to use your role to confirm town, wouldn't it be better to confirm players the majority of people have problems with? I mean look at the names on his town list, Dutch, CKD, Kmd all fairly popular in the possible scum categories. It would make more sense to target someone like Dutch and prove him town then target me and prove me town. hell, it's just as likely he targeted CKD as he targeting me if he was using his list. On it's own, there's really no way to distinguish between those two.

The important things with the crumbs is that anything made before he actually claimed is sorta moot. Him claiming had to change his game plan so even if the "order is relevant" was intended to be a crumb. No guarantee he followed up on it after he claimed. (Also, it might have simply been the crumb to inform us he targeted yabba, not even intended to be a crumb for future targets.) All in all, I think everyone is reaching when it comes to who Xtoxm might have targeted and I'm not seeing the benefit in it.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Korlash kind of twists around whenever mentioned as a possible hider target.
Korlash wrote:
Poker wrote:Given how hard xtoxm went at spyreX he is a possible option for where xtoxm went. And another option I see would be Korlash as Xtoxm may have hid with him for the same reasons he hid with yabba before. I think I'll check them both out and see if either had a connection to CKD

that's a bit of a stretch there poker... Unless you're saying he made a choice based on limited reading last night as well. I would think after being in he game for a full day he wouldn't have had to resort to the same tactic. Given the fact he claimed so readily and that he identified himself as "weak cop" i don't particularly think he was interested in self survival or townie hunting.

And you guys know I'm down with the Spy wagon... Just not going to put a dude at L-1 without letting him speak first... against my lovable and caring nature.
Korlash wrote:
Yabba wrote:No, I don't buy that RC. Xtoxm clearly laid out that he had, and therefore probably would, go down the tactics of picking the Towniest person he thought would not die.
As much as I hate to butt in here, his reasons for picking a townie person was simply because he had to make a decision at a moments notice. The way he said it implied that would not have been the way he would choose a target had he been given more time.
Thinking he would choose a target last night under the same logic he used the first night would be retarded on our part.
Add in his attitude toward the game he showed yesterday, and its highly likely he would have picked someone he thought was scum. he seemed bored, almost outright tired with the game.
I wouldn't be surprised if he choose a target with the expected outcome to be his own death and subsequent removal from the game.
Sure I'd love to believe he played the role trying to confirm town, but that wouldn't match up with what he said and the implications he gave yesterday.
Korlash wrote:I have to ask, is Xtoxm is the player to use his role for his own interest or for the interest of the town?
I only remember playing with him once or twice, but he never struck me as the player who wouldn't try to at least help out with his role (Even if he was bored with the game)
. Like for instance, if you do want to use your role to confirm town, wouldn't it be better to confirm players the majority of people have problems with? I mean look at the names on his town list, Dutch, CKD, Kmd all fairly popular in the possible scum categories. It would make more sense to target someone like Dutch and prove him town then target me and prove me town. hell, it's just as likely he targeted CKD as he targeting me if he was using his list. On it's own, there's really no way to distinguish between those two.

The important things with the crumbs is that anything made before he actually claimed is sorta moot. Him claiming had to change his game plan so even if the "order is relevant" was intended to be a crumb. No guarantee he followed up on it after he claimed. (Also, it might have simply been the crumb to inform us he targeted yabba, not even intended to be a crumb for future targets.) All in all, I think everyone is reaching when it comes to who Xtoxm might have targeted and I'm not seeing the benefit in it.
it's not blatant in terms of contradiction but it feels like a *twitch*.
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Weatherman »

fuck. well i knew this would eventually happen. blame it on the fever.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Ojanen »

DUTCH MAN. REPLACE OUT.
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Weatherman »

Lol. definitively the fever.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Korlash »

? wrote:it's not blatant in terms of contradiction but it feels like a *twitch*.
I actually did think it sounded a might contradicting when i first wrote it, hence the "()" part I added to it. I don't think Xtoxm was interested in continuing to play, but I still think he would put the town's best interest above his boredom. I've also been slowly looking into how I think a hider should work. My first two quotes were made when I was under the impression a hider would seek out scum. While I still think it's dumb to town hunt, I do see the merit in using it to weed out suspects. So While I don't think he would have targeted a person he thought was town, I do think he may have targeted a person he thought was town if that person was also a suspect of others. This would allow him to accomplish the apparent goal of a hider while potentially clearing a major player making future scum hunting endeavors easier.

To the point: Less a contradiction, more the culmination of my ever evolving opinion pertaining to the recent discussion. I still think it's stupid to put any merit in a possible target of his, but I'm greatly enjoying the discussions about it. It's giving me the unusual feeling that I am experiencing personal growth as a player... Maturing if you will... *shudders* that's a scary thought.
? wrote:Korlash kind of twists around whenever mentioned as a possible hider target.
yup, I'm very adamant that I wasn't his target... But only because it doesn't make sense. I'm not big on illogical assumptions. Don't get me wrong, I love taking leaps of fate. But there's too much you would have to ignore to even think he targeted me. And it's not the twist, it's the Charleston. Trust me, twisting in a chair behind a desk in a tiny office loft is not nearly as impressive as what I've been doing. Give me the credit earned pal...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Weatherman wrote:fuck. well i knew this would eventually happen. blame it on the fever.
i don't see why it's any big drama other than that it's pretty solid confirmation that we don't really know each other that well and you certainly don't know me well enough to make the kind of call that's backing your vote
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Spy

Let's just string him up and end this day. I'm bored and he's scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, fun! I'm playing with Ojanen. :D

Oh, damn. I'm still playing with Cyberbob. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DGB, why did you even bother to calculate the scumputer then?

(Sorry, this is a little bit late of a response, but it just occurred to me.)
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

RedCoyote wrote:Oh, fun! I'm playing with Ojanen. :D

Oh, damn. I'm still playing with Cyberbob. :(
I hate it when I'm caught out as scum too.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”