nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Vote:MrBuddyLee

1> He is lying.
2> It's a reliable scum-card.

I also think the M&M are scummy buddies. Was gonna vote for meransiel had MBL didn't come in and be obv-scum.
PJ,Scott, implosion looks town.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

If his post history was what you looked into then why does he look like "obvious scum" and not "obvious cheater".
Justice will prevail
\m/
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I just checked the first post to see if I was in the right game, and to see if CrashTextDummie had also replaced in as PJ promised. I think PJ may have lied to me, or at least used weaselly legalese, but I'll stick around anyway.
You know, starting off the game by suggesting I lied to you about a "promise," or used "weaselly legalese," is a pretty subtle way of trying to get players to have a negative connotation of me. In any case, I suggest you read back on your AIM log: I specifically said I would
try
to pitch the idea to CrashTextDummie, which was immediately rejected (hence why I said it was a short-lived pitch), and then lamented that it
could
have been awesome if both you and CTD had replaced in.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Meransiel »

petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)
<3 yays MBL you better not be scum <3

2.)
scotmany12, why did you accuse mozamis of voting me for a “basically OMGUS” reason? kunkstar7, why do you apparently agree with that? Seems to me like mozamis’ vote was for the reasoning behind my Meransiel vote, if anything.

3.)
Meransiel, you said here:
Meransiel, Post 108 wrote: Point 1: if I am oh so willing to act anti-town and not vote someone that doesn't post, why did I forfeit said advantage by asking the mod to prod him?
Exactly when did you ask Shanba to prod anybody? And who did you ask to be prodded?

By the way, I would not suggest lying to me when you respond to this.
I pm'd him. You can ask him if you want. Also, that would be Magnetic.
Hmm...like most people, I agree that MrBuddyLee's opening post was scummy as hell and my vote was sitting on a player I didn't think was scum anyway, so...

Vote: MrBunnyLee
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT: sorry, forgot to unvote.

Unvote

Vote: MrBuddyLee

Also:
@nopointinactingup: Oh, how sweet, certain I'm scum, are ye not? Mind stating exactly why?

Also, information-wise, it would be better to vote for moz. If I die and flip town, you will get a null-town read on him so hard it will probably protect him for a day or so. But, if he flips town, it would raise suspicion on me (notice the way I'm not defending him).
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Tuncali
Tuncali
Townie
Tuncali
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:06 am

Post by Tuncali »

Sorry I was missing for some time. I was occupied with my work. I will be back tonight to post.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Truant »

Yup, reliable scumtell, especially after my follow up.

Unvote
RAWR!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

humm I think maybe moz is scum and meransiel is town but I gotta think it over when I'm not so hung over.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Truant wrote:Yup, reliable scumtell, especially after my follow up.

Unvote
nopointinactingup wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Vote:MrBuddyLee

1> He is lying.
2> It's a reliable scum-card.

I also think the M&M are scummy buddies. Was gonna vote for meransiel had MBL didn't come in and be obv-scum.
PJ,Scott, implosion looks town.
Meransiel wrote:I agree that MrBuddyLee's opening post was scummy as hell
Hey kids, what's the "reliable scumtell"? Please be very specific with your answers.

Also, @Meransiel:
Meransiel, March 18 wrote:
implosion wrote:Meransiel, do you still fos mozamis more than other people, and if not why are you still voting her? If so, why?
I found a reason or to to unvote, but not great reasons to vote someone else. Well, up to this point, now I have.

Vote: scotsman12
for generally just agreeing with the most popular wagon, re-enforcing that in a way that really doesn't help discussion and all-around short posts.
Meransiel, March 20 wrote:my vote was sitting on a player I didn't think was scum anyway, so...

Were you lying when you said you had a "great reason" to change your vote from mozamis to scotsman12?

What are your exact positions on those two players?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Meransiel »

OhGodMyLife wrote:humm I think maybe moz is scum and meransiel is town but I gotta think it over when I'm not so hung over.
Or we could be both innocent - possible, yes?
MrBuddyLee wrote:Also, @Meransiel:
Meransiel, March 18 wrote:
implosion wrote:Meransiel, do you still fos mozamis more than other people, and if not why are you still voting her? If so, why?
I found a reason or to to unvote, but not great reasons to vote someone else. Well, up to this point, now I have.

Vote: scotsman12
for generally just agreeing with the most popular wagon, re-enforcing that in a way that really doesn't help discussion and all-around short posts.
Meransiel, March 20 wrote:my vote was sitting on a player I didn't think was scum anyway, so...

Were you lying when you said you had a "great reason" to change your vote from mozamis to scotsman12?

What are your exact positions on those two players?
No, I wasn't lying, his attitude looked extremely low-risk low-reward, which is inherently scummish. And, if you check the last count, the mod flat out IGNORED my vote (whatever).
But then, you came with that "looking at the oh so scummish post history of my predecessor"...and THAT got me reconsidering.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

kunkstar7 wrote:OGML's calling calling out of moz and Meriansel reads really weak to me.
@OGML you keep trying to get everyone to look at these two players, comment on them, and even have your vote on them, but you don't express any reason to do so (even if its just gut). What gives?
This is probably the best post in the game thus far. I spotted OGML's weaksauce on my third readthrough and was going to post about it when I came across kunk's good find.

Basically, OGML threw what's known as "slushy snowballs" in the vernacular. Nonspecific attacks, loosely packed, looks to town to do the dirty work to drum up evidence. Note that OGML doesn't give his own opinion on those two players, but demands specifics from others:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: moz
OhGodMyLife wrote:@scotmany, what are you thoughts on moz? What do you make of moz and meransiel's interactions?
OhGodMyLife wrote:@blenblen, you have completely ignored moz and meransiel despite the fact that there was serious attention being paid to them by pretty much every active player. Why? Tell me what you think of each of them: scummy, or towny?
OhGodMyLife wrote:doesn't this just seem really.. obvious? I mean. So obvious. Moz and meransiel. Everyone weigh in on them. Is there something funky going on here or what?
vote: OGML
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Amrun »

I think it's called Arishem tell, when you apologize for your predecessor.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly not liking MrBuddyLee. Willing to vote for him but want to see where he is so far when we get a votecount.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

MBL always thinks I'm easy pickens
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Meransiel »

And you think we are, dude :D.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:22 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Meransiel wrote:And you think we are, dude :D.
No I'm pretty sure you're town. Moz is the one I'm concerned about.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
In brief, moz is defending/buddying up to you because you were taking a bunch of heat and looked like you'd possibly be lynched, and he wanted to be in the position to say "told you so" when you flipped town, or at least have you in his corner from this point on. Don't be hoodwinked.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Amrun wrote:I think it's called Arishem tell, when you apologize for your predecessor.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly not liking MrBuddyLee.
My predecessor hadn't posted at all. I've already said that I commented on my predecessor to see who was paying attention to the game. Clearly you aren't.
fos: Amrun

Why are you "reaaaaaaaaaallly not liking" me? Please be specific.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:53 am

Post by mozamis »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
In brief, moz is defending/buddying up to you because you were taking a bunch of heat and looked like you'd possibly be lynched, and he wanted to be in the position to say "told you so" when you flipped town, or at least have you in his corner from this point on. Don't be hoodwinked.
Makes me laugh this game :) If you defend someone (or more accurately, take issue with what someone is being attacked about), you are "buddying up"-definite scumtell!
People definitely seem to prefer the "attack everyone-gosh thats so town!"
I can't even remember what I didnt like about the atack on Meransiel. But someone attacked meransiel on pretty flimsy grounds. I found that attack suspicious or unconvincing.
Therefore, I am Meransiels scumbuddy :lol:

My guess is scum think the town can be hoodwinked by "the buddying up" argument. I'm hoping town are a bit smarter than that.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Meransiel »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
1. I like the way you suddenly stop thinking I'm scum for a reason or another.
2. I don't trust any of you bar 1 or 2 people, and they're not moz.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

@OGML:

What made you go from:
OhGodMyLife wrote:doesn't this just seem really.. obvious? I mean. So obvious. Moz and meransiel. Everyone weigh in on them. Is there something funky going on here or what?
to this:
OhGodMyLife wrote:humm I think maybe moz is scum and meransiel is town but I gotta think it over when I'm not so hung over.
to this:
OGML wrote:No I'm pretty sure you're town. Moz is the one I'm concerned about.
OGML wrote:moz is defending/buddying up to you because you were taking a bunch of heat and looked like you'd possibly be lynched, and he wanted to be in the position to say "told you so" when you flipped town, or at least have you in his corner from this point on. Don't be hoodwinked.
You sound disturbingly certain that Meransiel is town, when just three days ago you insinuated it was "obvious" that something was funky about both of them. Please clarify.

I agree it's curious that mozamis is defending Meransiel overly stridently, but why does that mean to you that it's scum defending town?

Preview edit: and now mozamis fails to read OGML's accusation correctly. He now thinks you're scum sucking up to a townie. If you've forgotten why you found Meransiel worth defending, please go back, find it, and let us know whose attack on Meransiel was "flimsy" or "suspicious" or "unconvincing" and let us know whether or not that attack was scummy.

OGML wrote:MBL always thinks I'm easy pickens
MBL knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake. Are you afraid of tough questions?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Meransiel »

It was furcolow - saying that I post illogically, if memory serves.

Though moz did kind of saved me from a tight spot, my read on him has not improved at all, if you may ask.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT: save
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT 2: Not furcolow, petroleumjelly. Sorry.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:20 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

@Truant, this radical change of heart is disturbing:
Truant wrote:VERY happy with where my vote is at (Meransiel) due to the
rolefishing
that just went on in 79. Yay for IIoA,
defending a scum-lurker-buddy (most likely)
and rolefishing within the first 4 pages of a mini theme.
I don't know if this could get any easier.
Truant wrote:Yup, reliable scumtell, especially after my follow up.

Unvote
Did you really decide that Meransiel was no longer super duper obvious scum? Why?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

Post by mozamis »

buddy -in one of my previous posts i explained why someones attack on meransiel was unconvincing.
why bring it up again?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”