UncertainKitten (0):
Jahudo (2): Nachomamma, CogitoES
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
GreyICE (2): ToastyToast, Seraphim
ToastyToast (3): Untrod Tripod, GreyICE, Vi
Antitown (0):
Kdub (0):
Untrod Tripod (2): Jahudo, Antitown
Seraphim (3): Kdub, Ladyλδ, UncertainKitten (L-4)
Nachomamma (0):

Not voting: Rhinox
Trying to go against the flow of all things:

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: Thursday March 24th
Last edited by Fate on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I tend to play a more conventional game as scum, GreyICE. No need to worry.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I IS NOT REASSURED
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

LLD 617 wrote:Herp Derp.

You're likely scum with Seraphim
[for questioning me]
I cringe every time I see things like this.
Rhinox 618 wrote:Someone explain to me exactly in words even I can understand why the above Re: LLD is not scummy?
Bandwagoning Ho is burning Town cred from the Seraphim/LLD spat.
If anyone else were saying things like this we would be treating that person like Furcolow. (Which incidentally is what I'm doing now - sitting back, checking occasionally to see if she started making sense, mostly not caring.)

--

Toasty - It is indeed What The Fencesit.
What about that falseclaim you said was so good? And wouldn't you lynch someone who claimed a false guilty anyway?

--
GreyICE 637 wrote:No one else speaks up, I think we
might
be dealing with a miller.
I think it's best if we clear up the italicized
might
before we go any further.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vi wrote:
Rhinox 618 wrote:Someone explain to me exactly in words even I can understand why the above Re: LLD is not scummy?
Bandwagoning Ho is burning Town cred
[for questioning me]
[/quote]

Hey look Vi! I can falsely discredit people with a passive aggressive playstyle too!

Also, let's just start to treat Vi like we treat StrangerCoug. If Vi is hook g to play this passive aggressive style of game, then I'll start treating you like I treat SC when he does this. Which is to ignore him, and wait until he posts something that isn't passive as fuck.

See, I can do everything you do. And yet I haven't seen anything legitimate from you in terms of content.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Honestly, Vi has yet to contribute a decent case to the game.

I refuse to accept the example of the GI case as "content", because it wasn't.

It was a lot of passive statements and snide quips, accompanied by a vote and pressure. GI then reacted poorly, and Vi never had to post any kind of scum intent for GI. All she had to do was sit back and let GI implode.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Just for kicks Vi, why don't you give me a concise summary of the 3 top points as to why GI was scum for you, and why your vote was on him.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

CES & UT: The Special File

CES:
If CES was scum, there's no doubt that he would be playing the too scum to be scum angle. But if he were doing so, then there would be absolutely no reason to say what he said in ISO #2. If I was scum playing a CES game, and someone was trying to defend with me with meta, I would stay silent and continue the dance. If he and Vi were scum together as LLD has proposed, then he would be undermining his scumpartner's attempts to defend him for absolutely no reason. If he's town though, he's taking away an easy excuse to read him ("Oh, he's just another Jack") and forcing scum trying to snag towncred off their defence of him to think up of more creative ways.

Now, if he was scum just joining all the most popular wagons, there really wouldn't be any benefit. People think harder about wagons when there are blatantly scummy people on them. And while it does give him the excuse to vote wherever the hell he wants, CES is a good enough scum player where he could actually make his vote count for something and actually advance a mislynch. There is town intent to his play, however; I know because I tried a similar technique in ATHF mafia, where I did nothing but sheep Fate directly for the majority of the first day in order to strengthen all of the bandwagons he created and made his voice that much louder.

UT:
There's actually a key to reading UT.
ScumUT gives you the feeling that he's average, has a handle on the game, has some sort of direction.
TownUT doesn't let you know where the fuck he's going, seems to care more about snark than anything else, usually stuck in perpetual catchup.

This is town UT.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hell I know town UT. I studied him. He was my absolute strongest and most understood poster in brotherhood. I groomed him, dammit. I get bored as scum and wander off into the bushes and pee on the trees, but I did spend time studying one poster that game more than any other.

Why do you think I think he's town on nigh-zero evidence? Preach to the fucking choir.

I wanna know scum. I think it's Toast and Vi. You promised cool things on Jahudo.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I promised glory on Jahudo.
And glory will come.
I'm just leaving the best for last so I have motivation to get all of the other stuff out.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

DAMMIT NACHO THE DRAMATIC TENSION IS KILLIN ME

YOU GOT THE AUDIENCE

ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEAT
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Toasty: No, my claim. The one that cleared GI in the first place.
I think you're going to have to link it. Lost, sorry.
Vi wrote: Toasty - It is indeed What The Fencesit.
What about that falseclaim you said was so good? And wouldn't you lynch someone who claimed a false guilty anyway?
Its hard to disprove. Scum has a lot of options which such a claim, and he gets cleared as town. Of course I would lynch someone who claimed a false guilty, thats the point! Of course, this whole RedDragonClan possibly being a town group complicates matters.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Kdub »

Toasty:
So if GreyICE came back with a guilty tomorrow, you would want to lynch that person to test his claim? What if he claimed a guilty on someone who you had a town read on? I'm just trying to understand your stance here.

Seraphim's claim is interesting in that it goes against what people would expect flavor-wise, but again, scum probably have safeclaims. I don't think it should affect our decisions one way or the other.

GreyICE:
It's possible that your ability doesn't directly find scum, but is a flavor cop role that is meant to catch fakeclaiming scum (e.g. scum has a character that is in the Red Dragon clan but claims someone who is not). If that's the case, scum already knew this from your claim.

Nacho, now that Toasty claimed to not be the bounty, do you still think he is null?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

@kdub: Red Dragon Clan is scum. Since we're now flavor speculating, I actually went and reread the flavor. Red Dragon Clan is trying to take over mars after eliminating their rivals, and we're trying to stop them.

I'd accept a miller, but RDC is absolutely, completely, 100% scum. My investigate will find scum, or confirm town, barring Serial Killer and Miller nonsense. If I have a guilty tomorrow, it's on scum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Kdub »

Are you absolutely sure that you aren't reading into the flavor too much? Because if it is 100% sure that Red Dragon is scum, then Seraphim is 100% scum. Which makes his claim WTF????
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Well... yah. Welcome to my world. The only thing I can think is that he just claimed Miller.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Vi »

LLD 654 wrote:Hey look Vi! I can falsely discredit people with a passive aggressive playstyle too!
I stand by what I said. You've provided a lot of talk about who's not/scum with whom, and your reasoning is not there.
If it was there, you would have posted it by now.

Your statements about me vs. GreyICE aren't true. You'll notice in the post immediately prior to the GreyICE vote (#13) that I
did
lay out reasons why he was my top suspect, as well as why I didn't vote him immediately. I went ahead and voted him in the next post because he told me to do so with style~ which is why if you were only looking at that post, yes, you wouldn't have seen it.

The case looked something like this:
1) His case on me was based on things that were simply not true whatsoever, i.e. wanting an LLD lynch SO BAD. His Rhinox vote was the same.
2) The contradiction in intent I quoted in post #13, which I will quote again because you didn't read it the first time--
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vi wrote:Bounties - Right now I don't think there's any reason to deal with it, but later on it might be worth bringing up
This is what I was referring to. She brings up the concept of bounties, and then immediately says that there's no reason to talk about them now.
Hmmmmmmmm.
Done that one as scum when I know something is bad for the town, but want someone else to take the fall.

Vi:
What do you think about the idea of having the bounty named in Fate's post claim, then deciding who our collective strongest town reads are and having them lynch the bounty to see what falls off that wagon? We have to do this day 1, period, because the scum:town ratio will almost certainly never be lower.

LLD:
*huggles*

'kay, no, seriously, some bounties can be achieved with as little as one lynch. If this mechanic benefits town, then it is likely to benefit the most on day 1. Are scum power roles more damaging than town?
Notice that immediately after saying I was scummy for introducing the bounty talk, he asks me about that very thing and encourages others to talk about it as well. My response:
Vi #4 wrote:GreyICE - The first thing we'd need is a bunch of Town reads, so for the time being I'm going to put a "no" on that plan. There's also the issue of whether the bounty is likely to be scum, so etc.
GreyICE didn't bring it up again because he was too busy swatting Seraphim.
3) Sketchy rhetoric during the Seraphim wagon, which would have only looked sketchy until it inflated to rhetoric that Townies simply don't have reason to say.
Vi #18 wrote:
GreyICE #17 wrote:Huh.

Fair enough.

Hope there's a reason for what you're doing.
GreyICE #18 wrote:Finish better have fucking fireworks and a brass band, is what I'm saying.
GreyICE #20 wrote:Those questions weren't lazy, I was getting somewhere. And where I was getting is what to think of Vi based on Seraphim and LLD's alignments. And if LLD is town and Seraphim is scum, which is what I believe, then Vi?

Doesn't look good.
What the hell are you trying to convey here?
"Y'know, if you don't play my game, I'm going to put you on my
bad list
."
If you think I'm scum, you don't say "I'd watch out, I might find you scummy if you keep this up".
That's not how suspicion works.

That IS, however, what you do to put up bad-play lynches.
Next time, consider skimming less.

---

Toast: I still don't see someone who thinks GreyICE is scum saying--
Toast #32 wrote:GAWDAMMIT WHY'D YOU HAVE TO SEEM SO SCUM GREYICE?!
---

GreyICE is correct. My Role PM heavily implies "Red Dragon Clan" and "Mafia" are interchangeable. And I don't think he's claiming Miller.

It doesn't make sense for this to be a Town gambit because if it were, its goal would apparently be to discredit GreyICE in spite of not seeing him as scum.
Seraphim 626 wrote:I'm probably going to unvote GreyICE(sad that there's no point in making a giant post but I guess that's just the backlash for my procrastinating) but I want to play Devil's Advocate.

GreyICE: why are you so sure that the scum is the Red Dragon clan?
On the other hand, it DOES make sense as a Refuge in Audacity claim.

Unvote: ToastyToast
Vote: Seraphim
(L-1)

I should be here later today, but before I forget, I'm going to have no access Saturday through Sunday afternoon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Vi »

(Apologies for the wall; if you're not Bandwagoning Ho just start at "Toast")
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vi, I'm extremely surprised that you're not commenting on some of Jahudo's recent posts, especially if you hold that belief.
One more post before glory.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:36 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Toasty:
Step 1: Scroll ALLL the way down
Step 2: Look at that cute little thing that says "Display posts by user:" with an ADORABLE drop down box saying "All users" in it.
Step 3: Click the nice little arrow on the drop down box. Now, this is the hard part but bear with me. Select UncertainKitten
Step 4: We're getting into advanced stuff now. You see that little button that says "Go"? You can CLICK THAT :O
Step 5: Go through the last couple pages of my posts. It should be a couple posts after the REALLY LONG one where I vote GreyICE.
Step 6: Read said post
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit!!!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:50 am

Post by GreyICE »

If anyone hammers.

I know where my investigation is going.

Feel free to shoot me to prevent it. I'm sure people can figure THAT one out.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 am

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:@Toasty: No, my claim. The one that cleared GI in the first place.
I think you're going to have to link it. Lost, sorry.
Vi wrote: Toasty - It is indeed What The Fencesit.
Its hard to disprove. Scum has a lot of options which such a claim, and he gets cleared as town. Of course I would lynch someone who claimed a false guilty, thats the point! Of course, this whole RedDragonClan possibly being a town group complicates matters.
NOOOOOO

KITTEN RDC IS THE SCUMGROUP CONSIDER THIS POST IN LIGHT OF THIS KNOWLEDGE.

STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF START LIGHTING THIS ON FIYAH
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Jahudo »

All of this flavor speculation looks misguided and terrible. Role information could easily be full of flavor that is meant to draw the player into the show, which is not necessarily the game. That is how I interpretted my role PM and how I interpret pretty much every theme game role PM I ever get, ever. Seraphim votes based on ideas about Red Dragon being mafia are a joke.

I think Vi has gotten too used to getting passes early in the game. This sub-part level of scumhunting at this stage really makes me question her alignment.

unvote;
Vote: Vi
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Fate »

28 is supposed to be a number of importance to me, but those days are long gone.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”