Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Toasty. Vi's reaction is just bad.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Vi »

UncertainKitten wrote:Sudden L-1 Vote? Look, I know it's annoying to read walls of text, but my logic does more or less flow from that. Perhaps you should read that before you call an L-1 vote "sudden"?

Maybe you should just reread the game in general? Or maybe just stop being scum?
What dialect of English are you speaking where "sudden" means "reasonless"?
Kdub 597 wrote:
If
Nacho, UK, and Grey are all town, then Vi is either scum or extremely stubborn.
Key word bolded. The UK-GreyICE progression is too suss to blindly accept as coming from two confTownies. Seriously, did you not see what just happened? Is UK less scum because she's now/again voting with you?

Toasty gave a reaction to everything thus far, incidentally.
Toasty #32 wrote:
GAWDAMMIT WHY'D YOU HAVE TO SEEM SO SCUM GREYICE?!
If Seraphim flips town, I'm still going to be suspicious. And if it turns out you are scum,
then that's one good fake-claim.
I would be more helpful right now but I'm brain-dead atm.
That reaction came out of both sides of his mouth, too.

It's worth a vote, except that would mean unvoting GreyICE, and I'm still not interested in doing so because the only response I'm getting to my (entirely reasonable) objections is that I'm evidently blind, stupid, or scum.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 am

Your objections AREN'T reasonable though. Even with your theory, you should be voting me. My death would confirm GI, if you really wanted to push it. Instead...you...want to lynch the confirmed (to me) innocent. I don't care about eating a lynch, really, though you'll have to convince the rest of the town of my scumminess.

THIS IS NOT TOWN BEHAVIOR.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Kdub »

UK:
I wouldn't call it a complete non-reaction. He at least seems to acknowledge that Grey is town. I just felt the way he said it seemed forced.

Vi:
While it's possible that some combination of those three are scum trying to "confirm" each other, I think that would be very risky. I'm willing to accept their explanation until more information surfaces, either through flips or night results.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Vi »

And is there a reason that GreyICE is posting elsewhere onsite, but absent here?

Cut:
UK 602 wrote:Even with your theory, you should be voting me. My death would confirm GI, if you really wanted to push it. Instead...you...want to lynch the confirmed (to me) innocent.
If you're scum choreographing this - which has pretty much been the point of what I've been saying - then either lynch works. GreyICE has the wagon.

Which brings me to a big subobjection. Why is GreyICE confTown?
AFAIK it's "because I said so" and "because he claimed no bounty bonus", one of which is dubious given the above and the other is simply inscrutable.
Kdub 603 wrote:While it's possible that some combination of those three are scum trying to "confirm" each other, I think that would be very risky.
Seen it done before. It would have worked without the SK's intervention. UK was in that game, albeit not on the scumteam that tried it.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:40 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wait, what?

I can actually talk about this one since I just finished it:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=16523

I was claiming a fucking Cop Guilty on Ray Frost. Yeah, I admit to enjoying the hell out of that one AND not actually having to put a lot of thought into it. I'd prefer to put thought into this game, it's a little harder than a game with one scum left where the moderator sent you a PM "RayFrost is a member of the mafia."
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:40 am

Again, role information. If it's dubious, lovely. You're still not lynching GI today. It's me or scum. I wonder which one you plan to lynch. The big problem I have is you want to lynch an innocent with less than stellar evidence. As more information comes to light, your objections MIGHT have more merit.

Also, which game was that?

@GI: Meaning?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

greyICE wrote:Anyway, I'm Alisa, Jet's old Girlfriend. I'm the "one that got away."

I have a 1-shot investigate, due to contacts through the bar I own. It will find members of the red dragon clan.

I have no bounty power. Most likely because I'm not a bounty hunter. Since the Red Dragon clan are not bounty hunters either it seems highly likely that bounties grant powers to town and town alone.
UK: which part of this claim makes it so that you know ICE is town?

greyICE: whats the deal with the red dragon clan? you mention them as if you know the scum are the red dragon clan, but I don't recall hearing that information before now. Is this a scum slip or am I completely missing something?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

oh wait I should have read the second line...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Vi »

UncertainKitten wrote:Again, role information. If it's dubious, lovely. You're still not lynching GI today. It's me or scum. I wonder which one you plan to lynch. The big problem I have is you want to lynch an innocent with less than stellar evidence. As more information comes to light, your objections MIGHT have more merit.
Um... what?
You said earlier that YOU WERE SORRY, YOU SAW THE LIGHT! and voted GreyICE with extreme prejudice.
What is this "less than stellar evidence" crap?

And "role information" is only almost the best nonanswer you can give.

Running through some scenarios... okay yes I'm being thick. Lynching you confirms 97% confirms GreyICE to be a given alignment no matter what you flip; lynching GreyICE confirms you as scum only if he flips scum.

Unvote: GreyICE
Vote: UncertainKitten
(L-6)

I don't like this. I really don't like this.

But after a little reflection, for Day 1 it's acceptable.

Unvote: GreyICE
Vote: ToastyToast
(L-something)
Also, which game was that?
US Election 08. Knight of Cydonia claimed Hider with his scumpartner as one of his Hide targets. That was how I nailed him on the last Day after shooting said scumpartner.
@GI: Meaning?
GreyICE is being himself while explaining why he was posting elsewhere onsite (not where I was looking though).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 am

Ah, right, that game. I replaced in and didn't read it, IIRC.

@Rhinox: Character name.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'm honestly in stall mode here until I see Nacho's "case that will blow me away." 'cause I'm very, very prepared for this one. He's been bouncing up and down for pages with what's so damn cool he wants to share it, and I wanna see it.

Besides, Vi might hate cops. And I do too, honestly. I will say though, getting that guilty in your inbox night one? That just feels goooooooooddddd.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Vi »

(Oh, sure, she answers HIM...)
GreyICE 611 wrote:Besides, Vi might hate cops. And I do too, honestly. I will say though, getting that guilty in your inbox night one? That just feels goooooooooddddd.
It feels better when you get four Guilties in the same game, and lynch them with relative impunity.~
UK 610 wrote:Ah, right, that game. I replaced in and didn't read it, IIRC.
That was after you replaced in, unless you're claiming you didn't read it while you were playing :P
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 am

@Vi: I thought that was obvious too...hence why your reaction seemed so ridiculous.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:LLD DONT YOU SAY THAT LIKE YOU KNEW ALL ALONG.
DON'T YOU DARE.

How many pages have I been claiming
a theory that required a flip?

How many?

Seraphim is the flip
that puts the nail in Vi's coffin.

Vi hangs tomorrow.
I'm calling bullshit on this one.

UK already linked to why:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm not seeing Vi and Seraphim scum.

I have my own ideas of who is
scum with Seraphim
.... useless until a flip occurs though.

I'll take a look Sera, but I'll point out that you did the "Why not him?" tell again.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
...scum with Seraphim...

Your theory was a seraph
SCUM flip
to prove who was
SCUM WITH SERAPH.

Now you're saying a seraph town flip is the flip you were referring to to prove Vi scum?

FLASHINGOBJECTION.GIF!!!

And you're also saying a seraph scum flip will not change the fact that Vi is scum. So... you want to lynch seraph first who could be town or scum, rather than Vi who is scum either way????

This needs attention and explanations.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wait for LLD's case. She's obvtown. Lynch me, UK, and Nacho before you lynch her. She claimed having a bounty power that takes ONE GODDAMN bounty when I have a fair idea the scum don't get them at all.

Also play, also what nacho said, also she's obvtown and tends to live in tunnels. Not that her tunnels are wrong, if I consider my last newbie game with her, she had one scum down to a two player matchup when I pegged em both as town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Vi »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Vi: I thought that was obvious too...hence why your reaction seemed so ridiculous.
Definitely not obvious. Even if it were, remember who you're talking to.

---

Rhinox's find sounds great, but it's not entirely correct.
LLD #106 wrote:Note that Seraphim scum does not exclude Vi scum anymore.
It's not quite that I'm scum either way, but the door is certainly left open.

Or wait, maybe it is as you said.
LLD #101 wrote:Vi has been scum for a while now....

I'll give you a case when I'm not on my phone, but do some Pre-case reading of your own.
LLD #105 wrote:Therefor, Seraphim can be scum regardless if Vi,
and is a better lynch anyway.
LLD #104 wrote:I am so certain of this fact
[one of Seraphim+Vi being scum]
, that I am willing to have Seraphim swing (because he could still be scum...) to catch a Vi scum.
I'm sure this makes sense to someone :?

With that said I think GreyICE is correct about her having Town cred to burn and being ridiculously deep in confirmation bias.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Rhinox wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:LLD DONT YOU SAY THAT LIKE YOU KNEW ALL ALONG.
DON'T YOU DARE.

How many pages have I been claiming
a theory that required a flip?

How many?

Seraphim is the flip
that puts the nail in Vi's coffin.

Vi hangs tomorrow.
I'm calling bullshit on this one.

UK already linked to why:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm not seeing Vi and Seraphim scum.

I have my own ideas of who is
scum with Seraphim
.... useless until a flip occurs though.

I'll take a look Sera, but I'll point out that you did the "Why not him?" tell again.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
...scum with Seraphim...

Your theory was a seraph
SCUM flip
to prove who was
SCUM WITH SERAPH.

Now you're saying a seraph town flip is the flip you were referring to to prove Vi scum?

FLASHINGOBJECTION.GIF!!!

And you're also saying a seraph scum flip will not change the fact that Vi is scum. So... you want to lynch seraph first who could be town or scum, rather than Vi who is scum either way????

This needs attention and explanations.

Herp Derp.

You're likely scum with Seraphim.

If Sera is town, Vi is scum.

Get it~?

No contradictions. Learn to read.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Rhinox »

I don't get it....

you've been going on and on about this theory that required a (scum) flip of seraph to show who was scum with seraph (obv, you've thought it was me, I've got that for pages, I don't get all the pretend secrecy about you not wanting to come out and say it before the flip)

but now you're claiming that this theory you've been going on about for pages is actually referring to Vi being scum if seraph is town.

And you've also managed to check all the boxes to effectively say "well if seraph is scum or town, then vi is also scum or town, or visa versa and backwards, so lynch one and then the other no matter what, but seraph first because vi is scum no matter what but a seraph flip of scum or town will prove that" (almost nearly a direct quote >.>)

???????

So no, I still don't get it, herp, derp, whatever.

unvote greyICE
I guess for now. Someone explain to me exactly in words even I can understand why the above Re: LLD is not scummy?

I get the feeling there is still something key I'm missing from the last 3 or 4 pages I'm going to go keep looking for it.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 am

Rhinox wrote:I don't get it....

you've been going on and on about this theory that required a (scum) flip of seraph to show who was scum with seraph (obv, you've thought it was me, I've got that for pages, I don't get all the pretend secrecy about you not wanting to come out and say it before the flip)

but now you're claiming that this theory you've been going on about for pages is actually referring to Vi being scum if seraph is town.

And you've also managed to check all the boxes to effectively say "well if seraph is scum or town, then vi is also scum or town, or visa versa and backwards, so lynch one and then the other no matter what, but seraph first because vi is scum no matter what but a seraph flip of scum or town will prove that" (almost nearly a direct quote >.>)

???????

So no, I still don't get it, herp, derp, whatever.

unvote greyICE
I guess for now. Someone explain to me exactly in words even I can understand why the above Re: LLD is not scummy?

I get the feeling there is still something key I'm missing from the last 3 or 4 pages I'm going to go keep looking for it.

Never claimed it was a SCUM flip I was waiting for to confirm a theory.

I think Seraphim is scum. I think you're scum with him for many reasons. I claimed this in thread quite obviously.

My theory, as I stated, was not that. My theory was different. My theory was about if I was wrong about Sera, and if Sera was TOWN.

So I have scenarios for you.

Seraphim
TOWN
yeilds Vi Scum, Rhinox Null(leaning town)
Seraphim
SCUM
yeilds Rhinox Scum, Vi Null

Do you see now?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 am

Post by ToastyToast »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Toasty: Reaction to my claim. Now.
IF you mean the GreyICE claim, I'll believe it when he investigates. Its his choice WHO to investigate, but I want to hear the result.

Also, I'm not today's bounty. I was expecting it to be me early, however, based on lore.

Vi's recent vote on me is...WTF.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

You mean. The result. Of an investigation. Is what clears me?

THE FUCK?

Explain, plox.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

@LLD: yes, I see that it makes sense now when I go through your iso and see the comment you made at the end of your iso 85

We're good again. You're still delusional, but we're good.

Did you explain why seraph being town makes Vi scum or did I miss that part too?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am

Rhinox wrote:@LLD: yes, I see that it makes sense now when I go through your iso and see the comment you made at the end of your iso 85

We're good again. You're still delusional, but we're good.

Did you explain why seraph being town makes Vi scum or did I miss that part too?

The Vi case is incoming later tonight.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 am

Post by ToastyToast »

GreyICE wrote:You mean. The result. Of an investigation. Is what clears me?

THE FUCK?

Explain, plox.
It doesn't clear you, but if you get a scum result on someone, and we then lynch them because of it...A town flip=LIES, u get lynched. A scum flip, then I'd be willing to say your town.

If you get a town result, you could just be trying to clear someone. So, my opinion does to some extent rely on the results.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”