Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

p much dead i havent been sleeping well

inhim is dumb too bad rc is voting him :\

dgb is seriously even weirder than usual whats up there idk

rc has nothign to say in his defence other than "im taken out of context pls dont be mean you big meanies i am at yoru mercy" lynch rc imo

korlash is being weird but he always was idk

spy if youre going to give up just replace out idoit
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote: Also wondering how RedCoyote feels about PokerFace, given that he had Katsuki down as one of his top suspects way back when, and given PokerFace's generally lacking performance thus far.
I know it isn't phrased as a question, but I was kind of hoping to see a response to this, Coyote.

Korlash, if you're looking for the gloating in your post, it's here:
Korlash wrote:Really? I thought it almost never happened when you push a dude's lynch for 30 pages without being able to back it up or add to it cumulatively... My whole thesis was based around this... Wait, crossing your fingers and blindfoldingly picking people at random among the most useless players is guaranteed to find scum right? I'll start writing it up immediately.
This is basically translating to me as "haw haw, you thought Gorrad was scum".
inHimshallibe wrote:
vote: Cyberbob

This is a scum lynch. 96%.
Level with me, inHim. Not one single other person has expressed any particular interest in lynching Cyberbob, as far as I can recall. You have not made any attempt to persuade anyone that he is scum. What do you actually expect to achieve with this?

This last page is just making me despair for this game. I miss yabbaguy. He always seemed to know how to beat something productive out of these brick walls.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:33 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

iamausername wrote:Not one single other person has expressed any particular interest in lynching Cyberbob, as far as I can recall.
Cyberbob was a popular lynch candidate yesterday. Somehow the rope wasn't long enough.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 am

Post by iamausername »

Really? The only person I remember attacking him yesterday was CKD.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Korlash »

Iam wrote:This is basically translating to me as "haw haw, you thought Gorrad was scum".
Try using babblefish next time. Whatever you're using to translate stuff isn't doing a very good job. If I were to translate it into more proper english, less dickishness, i would probably get "When you push someone's lynch for over 30 pages without ever adding a single new point or bettering an existing one and instead basing the entire thing on "I think the guy's scum and should be lynched" then the odds of hitting scum are very very small."

I don't actually get it. Even a townie pushing another townie's lynch for 30+ pages would accidentally add a new point here and there. The only reason Spy didn't that I can think of is that he didn't care about building a case, only pushing the lynch. Him walking away from the conversation we were having about his case seems to support this theory. There is no way I can see town spy pushing someone's lynch that long without caring about (or even if there is) a case.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:56 am

iamausername wrote:Really? The only person I remember attacking him yesterday was CKD.
Even better!!!!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 am

Korlash said it best, SpyreX needs a good lynching.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What conversation?

You went "this is crap".

And then proceeded to sit on the SpyreX train from that point on except for dutch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Korlash »

Bull shit. I posted my problems with it, you did one rebuttal, and then after I continued it you walked away. You used the line, and I'm paraphrasing from memory, "I don't have the energy to argue with korlash, I'm just going to let it all come out in the wash."

preceding this you had gone on for at least two pages about how no one was talking about your case... and when i do you want it all to sort itself out in the wash? Screw that man. You can't whine that no one is talking to you then walk away and expect me to let it slide. Especially when the "wash" turned out dirty...

And yeah, I sat on you most of day two, that's my bad there. But I wasn't calling for your lynch while I was doing it. As Iam said, there was a time span there I didn't even mention your name. Tell me, how many times did you call for Gorrad's lynch during the time you sat on him doing nothing? yeah I'm guessing quite a lot.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fair enough. I'll amend.

You went "this is crap"

I went "no, this is why I'm doing it."

Then you went on the tirade of this is crap, you are stupid, you aren't scum, you are scum, your wagon is worse than bad.

Then I opted, instead of arguing (because that was really definitely in the "not fun" category) to clearly say lets see what happens when Gorrad gets lynched.

And this whole "walking away from it" is a new song and dance in your Spy love. The old one was "called scum on page three".

And I did call for Gorrads lynch. Over and over until it happened.

And I was wrong.

And for all this talk of "sat doing nothing" - aside from your fetish with me, what have you really done?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Korlash »

Spy wrote:And for all this talk of "sat doing nothing" - aside from your fetish with me, what have you really done?
Pressed the WW wagon during crunch time, Reevaluated the case on Dutch during that crunch time, put a lot of effort into probing Poker, put a lot of effort into making sure town came out ahead in the Anti/Xtoxm claim wars.

Far from an impressive list of accomplishments but I doubt it pales in comparison to a lot of other's in this game. I wouldn't say I've been overly active or useful this game, but I've done enough to let me sleep at night.

Since you felt the need to deflect that pointlessly onto me, what have you done that's worth mentioning?
Spy wrote:Then you went on the tirade of this is crap, you are stupid, you aren't scum, you are scum, your wagon is worse than bad.

Then I opted, instead of arguing (because that was really definitely in the "not fun" category) to clearly say lets see what happens when Gorrad gets lynched.
I don't get it, why is it "not fun" when you had been crying over how people had been ignoring you for an extended period of time before this? Why would you whine for something to happen that you didn't find to be fun?
Spy wrote:And this whole "walking away from it" is a new song and dance in your Spy love. The old one was "called scum on page three".
Did you have a point?
Spy wrote:And I was wrong.
and I was wrong about WW. I'll be honest, Gorrad flipping town has nothing to do with my "Spy love" as you put it. I only mention it because of the "wash" comment. My problem with you is the way you pushed the lynch, not just the outcome.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Pressed the WW wagon during crunch time, Reevaluated the case on Dutch during that crunch time, put a lot of effort into probing Poker, put a lot of effort into making sure town came out ahead in the Anti/Xtoxm claim wars.

Far from an impressive list of accomplishments but I doubt it pales in comparison to a lot of other's in this game. I wouldn't say I've been overly active or useful this game, but I've done enough to let me sleep at night.

Since you felt the need to deflect that pointlessly onto me, what have you done that's worth mentioning?
I'd pushed hard for Dutch (and still want him dead) and I'm pretty sure the only thing today aside from the hider junk is, once again, me trying to get people to look at RC.

I've been pretty adamant on KMD being town and I've made it clear that DGB needs to hang IF there's a second scumgroup with that weird statement day one. I'm still leaning conjoined alignments on inHim and nocase after the start of D1 (which means I think inHim is town, doubly so with RC's push). And, since round 1 of the wagon, I've called Chevre a bad call.

And its not pointless.
Despite all this bullshit I think you are town.
I want you to look at the dissonance between this vitrol you're spitting my way and what is actually happening.
I don't get it, why is it "not fun" when you had been crying over how people had been ignoring you for an extended period of time before this? Why would you whine for something to happen that you didn't find to be fun?
No, the asking for a case and then getting it and then (sans you) getting the "ohh thats a good lead" without votes wasn't the "not fun".
You
are the not fun. Even this. Every step of the way you've been extremely patronizing and insulting and if that means I'm "crying" about it well then enjoy those e-tears.

Add in the extreme amounts of apathy this game has and you've got a perfect recipe for "not fun".
Did you have a point?
Yes. You've pulled out this new "ohh look he's avoiding me" when I've been doing that forever. Because of the above. Its not like I was even coy about it. Let Gorrad come out in the wash because sure as rain a scum flip there would have set a different tempo to things hopefully which brings:
and I was wrong about WW. I'll be honest, Gorrad flipping town has nothing to do with my "Spy love" as you put it. I only mention it because of the "wash" comment. My problem with you is the way you pushed the lynch, not just the outcome.
Gorrad flipping town has nothing to do with this?

Bull.

Even your "ohh look he's
hoping
someone is scum again :roll:" is a snipe back to ohh he was wrong before.
Show

Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spyrex 1587 wrote:What was my werewolf vote?
Yeah, farside helped me uncover something about werewolf. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I still fought for the damn wagon. Me and Dutch were probably the
last
people fighting for it. I didn't say, "Okay, I'm voting werewolf, but it's farside's fault if werewolf is town!!"
Spyrex 1587 wrote:What was my Gorrad vote?
I finally see your horrible pattern. You just seek out whenever I have the audacity to reference another player in the game for something. Not even to agree with them or disagree, me just
invoking
someone else's name is scummy. This is truly pathetic. In the quote you pick out, I am clearly stating that I'm voting Gorrad over something he did in response to another player that I pointed out. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. You're losin' it, pal. I'm not even going to address the rest of them because it will be the same response. No one forces my hand. Scumhunting is piecing together a collection of responses in collusion. These responses are fundamentally tied to other players someway or another. That's it. For you to say otherwise is disingenuous.

---
Cyberbob 1600 wrote:rc has nothign to say in his defence other than "im taken out of context pls dont be mean you big meanies i am at yoru mercy" lynch rc imo
i hate u so mach... :mad:

---
username 1601 wrote:I know it isn't phrased as a question, but I was kind of hoping to see a response to this, Coyote.
I think I decided a few pages back that PF was probably town (same with Cyberbob), let me see if I can dig it up. Yeah, here, bottom of this post. I still think this.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:09 am

Post by Korlash »

Spy wrote:Gorrad flipping town has nothing to do with this?

Bull.

Even your "ohh look he's hoping someone is scum again :roll:" is a snipe back to ohh he was wrong before.
Yeah, a snipe back to the way you went about pushing his lynch, not what he actually flipped. The way you pushed the gorrad wagon was wrong and I would have come after you for it regardless of what he flipped. When have I ever used you being wrong as an attack against you? Show me. All I've done is show that you constantly fail to use actual evidence to support your attacks. If you had built up the case on Gorrad, and continued to push it and add to it, then even though he flipped town you would have at least shown adequate reason to lynch him and my biggest problem with you wouldn't even exist.
Spy wrote:No, the asking for a case and then getting it and then (sans you) getting the "ohh thats a good lead" without votes wasn't the "not fun". You are the not fun. Even this. Every step of the way you've been extremely patronizing and insulting and if that means I'm "crying" about it well then enjoy those e-tears.

Add in the extreme amounts of apathy this game has and you've got a perfect recipe for "not fun".
Missed my point again... but hey, hide behind the veil of "not fun" if you want. I don't care anymore.
Spy wrote:Yes. You've pulled out this new "ohh look he's avoiding me" when I've been doing that forever. Because of the above. Its not like I was even coy about it. Let Gorrad come out in the wash because sure as rain a scum flip there would have set a different tempo to things hopefully which brings:
It's not new... It was the biggest reason I had to explain my vote on you yesterday. I still don't see a point.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:45 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Criminey with the sauciness. I'll have a post by tomorrow.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:58 am

SpyreX wrote:I've been pretty adamant on KMD being town
Except, he's not.
SpyreX wrote:and I've made it clear that DGB needs to hang IF there's a second scumgroup with that weird statement day one.
But isn't rather clear by now that there isn't?

How come you're not suspecting that I'm Korlash's mason?
SpyreX wrote:
Despite all this bullshit I think you are town.
OK, you're calling Korlash town to tame the beast, you're scum.
SpyreX wrote:...then enjoy those e-tears.
Are you trying to hurt Korlash's feelings? I have a knuckle sandwich for you.

I have to admit that the second part of the post has a bitter feel to it that may just be townie, though.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

@Mod: Prod Pretty Much Everyone

RC wrote:Yeah, farside helped me uncover something about werewolf. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I still fought for the damn wagon. Me and Dutch were probably the last people fighting for it. I didn't say, "Okay, I'm voting werewolf, but it's farside's fault if werewolf is town!!"
No. You said, and it was "Farside found this thing. Hence, vote."

I will give you:
RC wrote:I finally see your horrible pattern. You just seek out whenever I have the audacity to reference another player in the game for something. Not even to agree with them or disagree, me just invoking someone else's name is scummy. This is truly pathetic. In the quote you pick out, I am clearly stating that I'm voting Gorrad over something he did in response to another player that I pointed out. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. You're losin' it, pal. I'm not even going to address the rest of them because it will be the same response. No one forces my hand. Scumhunting is piecing together a collection of responses in collusion. These responses are fundamentally tied to other players someway or another. That's it. For you to say otherwise is disingenuous.
The one you "rebutted" I did misread. So, that's fine.

However, the one (there was 4, and you've referenced all but this) was literally "Yabba and Korlash summed it up!"
RC wrote:Yeah, a snipe back to the way you went about pushing his lynch, not what he actually flipped. The way you pushed the gorrad wagon was wrong and I would have come after you for it regardless of what he flipped. When have I ever used you being wrong as an attack against you? Show me. All I've done is show that you constantly fail to use actual evidence to support your attacks. If you had built up the case on Gorrad, and continued to push it and add to it, then even though he flipped town you would have at least shown adequate reason to lynch him and my biggest problem with you wouldn't even exist.
What "actual" evidence?

He was fluff posting through the game AND its not like I just stopped after that point. When he decided to come back into it I DID press him more with his bizarro doublespeak with cases and every step of the way.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I commented on
every post Gorrad made.
What the hell else am I supposed to do, fabricate stuff?
DGB wrote:Except, he's not.
Except, he is.
DGB wrote:But isn't rather clear by now that there isn't?

How come you're not suspecting that I'm Korlash's mason?
With a roleblocker in play and god knows what else, its not crystal clear. Its FAIRLY clear hence why I'm not voting that way. IF, however, it flips the other direction well.

And...what? You and Korlash have about as much to do with each other as you and I do.
DGB wrote:OK, you're calling Korlash town to tame the beast, you're scum.
I've been doing that since round ONE of this on Day 1. Good gravy.

(Its not because I'm scum, its because he's town even if he makes me so very irritated)
Show

Proud member of BaM
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:21 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

iamausername: Eh, I could go with RedCoyote, just feel more confident about Cyberbob. Better?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

SpyreX wrote:
@Mod: Prod Pretty Much Everyone
Prodding Dutch one and Weatherman
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@SpyreX: Dutch one case has been dismissed ages ago. How is going on vacation repeatedly
scummy
, not just annoying?
@DGB: Same question

I'm looking at this RedCoyote case, but the more I think about it, the more I realize... "Hey, once upon a time, I was a lazy scumhunter in Large games." Laziness and coasting on other tells isn't really a scumtell unless you can show that there's opportunism involved. The hammer is the only thing really making my head scratch, and the cynicism, goddamn. I can't understand logic when it's infused with this unnecessary bitterness. :\

FoS: inHimshallibe

Deliberately contributing to the anti-Town sphere and wagon opportunism according to DGB's formula. I'm still wavering on the fact that SpyreX is scum who's just being poorly accused just by eyeballing it, but I'm more sure about this one.

This I really want an explanation about:
DGB
SpyreX
nocase
inHim
Cyberbob
Antihero

Let's kill someone.
and after nocase goes
nocase wrote:unvote. vote: gorrad.
You go:
unvote
vote: gorrad
What the fuck. Not on your "to kill" list, and yet here we are without any explanation. What's the explanation?

It's also just too convenient how widespread the "to kill" blanket is so wide. It basically just gave you the license to hop between any wagon, so long as it was the biggest, you're on. I should've squawked at the 5 5 5 1 response to Chevre/werewolf/Gorrad/nocase question and wondered how he came to all those conclusions. But now especially with the fact that they're ALL Town, and inHim didn't really give a solid explanation for his 5s in the first place.

Why FoS? Because I want to do this even-more-sure lynch instead:

Unvote, Vote: Kmd

He's usually quite more substantive than this as Town. But everything's just shenanigans and wagon-hopping now. He's deliberately blending with the anti-Townness of one-liners and just making the game into the informal wreck it is now. Again, the tell of pushing an anti-Town atmosphere, scum love it when the environment for scumhunting is suboptimal.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 7

"The big print giveth and the small print taketh away."
- Tom Waits

SpyreX
- 3 - PokerFace, Korlash, DrippingGoofball
RedCoyote
- 2 - SpyreX, Cyberbob
inHimshallibe
- 2 - RedCoyote, iamausername
DrippingGoofball
- 1 - Kmd4390
Cyberbob
- 1 - inHimshallibe
Kmd4390
- 1 - yabbaguy

Players not voting:
Antihero, Dutch one, Weatherman

Notes/Prods
:
- No prods
- PokerFace is V/LA while he plumbs
- Current Deadline: Secret
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Cyberbob »

i have nothing to add at this point out of game events are occupying every skerrick of my attention right now sorry

just dont lynch yabbaguy or someone like that while i'm not looking ok thanks
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:36 am

yabbaguy wrote:Why FoS? Because I want to do this even-more-sure lynch instead:

Unvote, Vote: Kmd

He's usually quite more substantive than this as Town. But everything's just shenanigans and wagon-hopping now. He's deliberately blending with the anti-Townness of one-liners and just making the game into the informal wreck it is now. Again, the tell of pushing an anti-Town atmosphere, scum love it when the environment for scumhunting is suboptimal.
YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!

VOTE: Kmd

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yabba, my list should be obvious:
DGB
Spy
Inhim

I don't know what more I can do to push those cases. At this point, it seems that people either support them or they don't. Xtoxm obviously hid behind Inhim. DGB is just duplicating her scum meta. And Spy is just downright scummy.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Dutch one »

I don't get it why Pokerface is suddenly not suspicious anymore. He had a couple of votes on him last day, and I still think he is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”