Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ITT IS dodges a valid point by claiming I'm twisting when I'm clearly not.

"Barely any content, not much opinion, vote swinging, massive lurking. They are both the king of fluffy one liners."

This was your case on BOTH EA and Emp.

How is this any different than someone like Sco Bro?

+ there are tons of others "lurkers".

Your "case" on them is vauge. I don't see why you DIDN'T put a specific case on them.

So who all did you ISO?

You clearly stated that you WERE going to put cases on them [before Vox and VPB voted them]. Which sounds like [line 2 in THIS post] was NOT your full case on them and that you were PLANNING on putting specific cases on them.

@JediKnight-concerning the soft defense of IS. How does that help the town at all? You'd want a reckless town player? And why are you still not voting( i.e; I have no strong opinions either way)? Do you find Bristep scummy?

@Lowell-If you find Sco Bro scummy (as he is) then why are you joining the GMan wagon with him? What do you think this says about the GMan wagon?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Lowell »

@nero- yeah I realize it's not the best of bedfellows, but really scum are probably as likely to bus as not; so I don't think scottybro's vote being on GMan necessarily means anything one way or the other. Gman is mostly the reasons others have given. lurking isn't the worst thing in the world (I would know), but if it starts to seem like deliberate hiding, it's a problem.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What would you say are the main points on Gman that you agree with Lowell? Just a quick bullet list is all I want.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

@ VPB: Reading your post through again just confuses me more. It didn't help that I just realised I'd been looking at Thor's #454 rather than #444, but I'm still just as confused, if not moreso. Vas doesn't post between Thor's #444 and Gman's post (#455?). Who is GMan agreeing with if not Thor?!

If I'm just being an idiot, don't bother responding. I'll have another look tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

@AV's 1484: No I am not voting bristep for "short sighted thinking", I am voting him for SCUM thinking. "Here's a wagon I want on, what's the laziest excuse to get on it? Oh hey people are sheeping chesskid, so I'll just do that." That is explicitly NOT TOWN THINKING.

What are these "worse things" bristep's done? I honestly didn't see them.

Hey IS, are you going to point out my supposed lurking? I wasn't joking when I said I'd vote myself if you did.
Do you want your possessions identified?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Gman is agreeing with Sottyrulez. I know it's confusing.
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@EA Why are you voting Bris? I mean IS is pushing your bandwagon and you hop off onto Bris? I don't understand. You should come back.

@VP do you think IS is an erratic player?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

He seems to be rather unthinking about what he does, yes. He also seems to have a huge ego. Both of these things need to be considered when you are reading him.

Then again...you also seem to have quite the ego. >.>
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

My ego is huge!!!!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll let beyonce know.
YOUR AD HERE

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

IS vs. Nero totally reads like Town v Town. Both of them are too shameless. Nero gets extra Town points because I know his play and he isn't this hyperactive when he's got something to hide. IS is totally playing to DEFCON Town IS(from what I remember from it anyway.).

--

I'll review a few things when I have time.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Gobots
Gobots
Townie
Gobots
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Gobots »

Vasu, 1479, Are you saying that you think Gman is not contributing as much as he could be? Do you mean that you think he is somehow holding back?

Bristep, RE: 1480, Don't think we didn't notice what a helpful little townie you were in this post.

Nero, RE: 1484 I think you're reaching.

Emp, Why do you think it is strange that sotty has been on the two biggest wagons rather than the smaller ones?

Vezo, That was a very cautious vote move you did there. Why so tender about it?

Hoppster: Because there were more interesting, current, things to talk about at that moment.

About Gman: I'm suspicious of the "MY META'S LIKE THIS" defense. I think the "I'm not OMGUSING YOUR OMGUSING" is also suspicious. I'd need to see more from him before I'd move my vote.

About Kise: I was pondering the innateness of his power, too. It's vague, yes. I'm kinda with DDD though. At least we know ~something~ happened there. If Kise wants to clarify...ok.

I guess I need to reread the EA/AV/EVOO dabacle.

I will ISO Jedi and Furc

I probably will not reread the NC/IS tunneling.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ImageImageImageImage

GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by GMan »

Just to clarify once and for all - yes I was agreeing with Sottyrulez about Thor, not with Thor. My fault for not making that clear.

Some reads:

IS - I don't like the way he approached vezo vs DDD, and I think there are still some unanswered questions. I do, however, get a more genuine scum hunting vibe from him since.

Question to IS: I asked this once and I don't think I saw a direct response in his ISO (apologies if I missed it)

Why did you back off DDD, even though you didn't like his reaction to vezo at all?

[more]
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by GMan »

EA - I think both IS's case on him and his defense (#1357) are exaggerations. EA seems to land somewhere in the middle. In his actual posts he did have some content and he did have opinions. I also don't think he was vote-swinging too badly either.

However, to claim he'd never lurked? I think at the time of the case being made if you only have 32 posts you could defintiely be more active than you have been so far (myself included). It doesn't necessarily mean you're scummy, but to compeltely deny it is a stretch.

I don't like the last line of his #1357. Just because some of the information is incorrect does not mean it wasn't legitimate scum-hunting. Also, the points IS made were about both EA and Empking. I'm sure he generalised on one or two. But I think they were all/mostly at least partially accurate I think.

Gut says null-leaning scum. I'm far from enamored with the case against him, but I don't find him townie either.

[I have more but I'm going to bed. Will continue tomorrow.]
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I want the bristep wagon to go further. I don't like the top wagons right now.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Empking »

Gobots; The
three
biggest wagons because it suggests he's wagon hopping rather than scumhunting.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

@NC's 1531: I'm voting bristep because he's a greater scumread than IS, so I was trying to get a wagon going on him. But you do have a point, the bristep wagon isn't going, so

Bronco buster: Internet Stranger

sorry vezok :(

@Gman: No it's not a stretch, I have
never
lurked. Not even once. Having a low postcount is not the same thing as lurking. I have given my opinion on all the topical issues, and pushed the issues that I feel should be topical. And I have done so consistently throughout the entire game. Hence, never lurked.

And no shit wrong information doesn't mean fake scumhunting, people make honest mistakes. But is IS acting like someone who made an honest mistake? Hell no. He hasn't admitted he was wrong about me lurking, nor has he backed up his claims. If he honestly believed I was lurking he could post page numbers or dates I lurked through, or issues I've avoided taking a stance on, or some shit like that. But he hasn't. All he's doing is insisting he's right in the face of evidence to the contrary. THAT is fake scumhunting.
Do you want your possessions identified?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:43 am

Post by AurorusVox »

EA: His play yesterday was pinging all sorts of bad on the radar. Especially his votes, and especially his vote for Trendall due to town consensus. Hoppster picked out a neat contradiction in terms to do with him voting for the person who had/was "least votes/most popular". I'm surprised you're claiming ignorance of his scummy D1 play.

He's a stronger scumread but you unvote with a weak prompt from NC? If he's that strong a scumread, shout about it and get others on with you.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:21 am

Post by sottyrulez »

GMan, what's your opinion on Vas, VP and Triple D?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@vezokpiraka: why aren't you voting for Internet Stranger?

@vasueVa: Do you have a scum-Internet Stranger meta to compare this game to?

Also @VasudeVa: Have you read VP's post pointing out the error in your case against GMan? What say you?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 am

Post by bristep123 »

@AV: Regardless of what reads you and EA and vezo might have on me, I find it interesting that you think that EA shouldn't have moved from one wagon he thought was valid but wasn't gaining traction to another wagon he thinks is valid but is. Especially when your vote is on him, as is the vote of the person who's wagon he's now joined.

As much as I wanted to follow chesskid's gut as a meta experiment seeing that you and IS are also now the only other people on the wagon and I don't trust either of you
unvote

People seem to play their games assuming everyone plays the perfect symmetrical way, certain things are automatically scummy or townie. Maybe the fact that I've got less than 10 games under my belt and this being my first large game has something to do with how I've played so far. But I guess I can't ask town not to be wary of it, and I certainly can't expect the scum not to exploit it.

I don't have a clue which way to go, don't mind admitting I'm lost. I need to read through the whole thread again post rumble and try to get some clarity.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote internet stranger

This is the only big wagon I don't feel that bad for. I still want the bristep wagon.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why are you making so many damn excuses bristep?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”