Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Post by Lostprophet »

Of everyone on my nuts right now, I'd say only inHim and TSA really have a case. The former because I was a sarcastic butt to him, the latter because of that last reason he mentioned :P.

However:
TSA wrote:Reasons pretty much like has been said. ie bandwagon ending because nobody likes it, long analysis that's clogging up the thread
You're blaming me for two things that I actually don't think you can even remotely pin on me. I assume you're referring to the W!nt3r wagon, and the fact that it ended can only really be attributed to me in the sense that there's a new wagon in town and it's me. Wagons ending because nobody likes them makes perfect friggin sense: If you don't like a wagon, why the hell would you stick with it?

Second, I believe I was the one lambasting long analysis, not providing it.
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by Lostprophet »

W!nt3r wrote:before we procede with the LostProphet bandwagon we should let inhim finish his analysis'. You scum might want to jump something else... as that seems to be what this entire group of players is good for, jumping wagon to wagon.
But don't you see, he's accomplished exactly what he needed: A new target for everybody to jump on.
SpamWise wrote:I agree. If you found things thcummy about him before, why didn't you point them out?
This begs the question: Why are
you
even voting for me?

I feel like I've defended myself fairly thoroughly here. And now I
am
the one clogging the thread, so bah humbug on you all.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:13 am

Post by VisMaior »

so we just stall instead?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:02 am

Post by W!nt3r »

That seems to be what is happening... we've come to a standstill methinks.
Strategy, smategy.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree. None of the bandwagons have yielded claims and I think everyone is bored. I think the problem is that it takes 17 votes to lynch someone, so you need soooooo many votes to make somebody claim.

I guess I could vote for Lostprophet, if that's what it takes to move the game forward.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Sotty7 »

armlx wrote:
Unvote, Vote LostProphet

I was almost there to voting him, but this wagon seems like a reason to. Plus his other post have been scummy like none other.
I'd like to see these posts you talk of.

And the game is stalling but that is also due to a lot of people not posting very often. Pooky and Tyfo both only have one post, bigbenwd, Coron and diggy to name a few seemed to have dropped of the face of the earth.

I remember being ready to vote for inHim when I unvoted but I think I need another read though to see about the Ject wagon that has just popped up.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:26 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Jecht's wagon did not just pop up, it's been here since at least page 6-7 I cant remember where the real wagon part of it started.
Strategy, smategy.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

QFT W!nt3r...Jecht has been on the chopping block forever. Where have you been, Sotty?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:48 am

Post by W!nt3r »

not here, just like those she pointed out in her post.
Strategy, smategy.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:49 am

Post by Sotty7 »

:shock: :oops:

Maybe the long analysis post ARE clogging the thread up too much I'm getting confused! :lol: I keep mixing up LostProphet and Ject.
me wrote:I remember being ready to vote for inHim when I unvoted but I think I need another read though to see about the
Ject
lostprophet
wagon that has just popped up.
Fixed
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:49 am

Post by cropcircles »

Alright, so lets move the game forward.
Vote lostprophet
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:51 am

Post by W!nt3r »

I'm ready and willing.

vote Lost prophet
Strategy, smategy.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote; vote: lost prophet

That's 10 by my count.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

oh noes!

unvote vote lostprophet
Talk nerdy to me.

Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Lostprophet »

Well, I am Bubb Rubb, and I'm the type of townie where it doesn't matter if you lynch them or not.

Enjoy your game.[/url]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Bubb Rubb. :lol:

So...who thinks Bubb Rubb would be an evil website? For that matter, what criteria would make a website be in the mafia?
Talk nerdy to me.

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:39 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

WOO WOO!

I can't think of any reason why Bubb Rubb would be an evil website, but I don't see any reason to unvote either.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:39 am

Post by JechtMurray »

elvis_knits wrote:Bubb Rubb. :lol:

So...who thinks Bubb Rubb would be an evil website? For that matter, what criteria would make a website be in the mafia?
The main video there features these 'Whistle Tips' which piss off the good townsfolk in the area. I could see it, Bubb Rubb (he's a person by the way) driving around making a really high pitched noise to attack the town.

My main problem is the lackluster defence he's put up, it's like he just gave up. Considering the dire night the town had, I'd expect a better defence from a townie.

Unvote, Vote: Lostprophet

I would like a
vote count
soon, and preferably some prods on the people who have like, less than 5 posts.
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Lostprophet »

...wow.

I'd like to kindly direct you good sir Jecht to posts 287, 289, 297, 300, and 301.

Now, if you had an issue with the quality of my defense in those posts then that would certainly be a reasonable concern. However, claiming that my defense of myself was "lackluster" based on that last post is borderline insane. I've done nothing but point out fallacies in my bandwagon and the members related thereof for the past two pages. What am I served with?
elvis_knits wrote:I agree. None of the bandwagons have yielded claims and I think everyone is bored. I think the problem is that it takes 17 votes to lynch someone, so you need soooooo many votes to make somebody claim.

I guess I could vote for Lostprophet, if that's what it takes to move the game forward.
So I claimed, knowing that a vanilla townie role would probably result in the town's first lynch. I could have made something up; I was thinking maybe that because of the WOO WOO I could try and pass myself off as a nightkill-proof townie, but of course that'd mean tomorrow night I get vigged.

Actually, I'm not all that upset. I'd highly recommened to any townies that, after it's confirmed that I'm who I say I am a vanilla townie, you turn your attention (back to) Jecht, CA, and armlx. The lynching of a townie can't possibly help the town, but my death will at least cast some suspicion on the idiots driving/jumping on my wagon I hope.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

I do have an issue with the quality of your defence in those posts.
Post 287 is a prime example of why I disliked your defence.
lostprophet's post 287 wrote:
Yes, I hate analysis. Death to all analysis.
It's role-based, I swear.

cropcircles wrote:
Personally, I think all this analysis is hurting more then it is helping. It's drowning the thread when we don't even have a confirmed innocence yet. It's hard to come to a conclusion about anything when we don't know if the players that were on the recieving end of the wagons are scum or town.

Geez slackers, he even said it first. *mental note*

CA wrote:
Rereading lostprophet's posts makes me realize he's the first one to misquote me as saying that I was cleared.

To the truth!

(I assume we're going with the following post. Notify me if I'm wrong, unless of course that'd be against what you're trying to do here):

Lostprophet wrote:
I still don't see why he'd bring that up without bothering to explain his rationale, especially considering there was absolutely no pressure on anyone yet at all. If he'd said "Darn, I'm the only one in the game on Iammars' N1 investigation list, I bet he'd have been able to confirm me," then it would have at least made sense without having read the other thread for context. Even that statement, though, sounds scummy.

What CA's comment boils down to is: "Iammars, who is a dead cop, keeps a list of people who he invesitages N1. I am the one in this game highest up on said list. Ergo, he targeted me last night. Ergo, I am a cleared townie."

I mean, townies certainly aren't immune to crap logic, but that is some crap crap logic.

CA, if the point of your original statement was not to imply that you would have been cleared, then what the hecky-poo were you doing? Are you now claiming that you are not a townie, and that the fact that I was the first to use the word "cleared" makes me scummy because it's a lie? WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM? ME SO CONFUSED.
This is a big post to work from, so it get's its own post.

1: I like analyisis, it gives people a different perspective of things and lets you work out other's reasoning. Analysing nothing is bad, analysing legitimate things is usually pretty good for the town.

2: It's
role based
? I don't understand how your role claim fits with you hating analysis.

3: I did notice that. I was also keeping that in mind, and has a place in my notes.

4: He points out that you were the first to misquote him, and you seem to reply with 'Yeah!' That's hardly something to be proud of. You seemed to have taken a fair leap from his original post, that's the whole problem.

5: The hecky-poo he was doing was making a 'lol I'm town'-esque joke. They happen all the time at the start of games. "
Are you now claiming you are not a townie?
"? What a ludicrous statement. Of course he's not claiming he's not town, that's beyond silly. That was a really, really wierd hypothetical situation you've got there.

The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.[/quote]

Did CA ever claim it was a joke? Just curious.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

Post 287
suffers from being small and quite nit-picky. 'seemed and seems'? For most intents and purposes, it's close enough. The 'has been, would have been' thing is reasonably moot anyway, he would never have come out day one(with innocent) unless CA was about to be lynched, and even then he might not come out of hiding to check his sanity.

Post 297
started off promisingly, highlighting a potentially dubious statement. But, you didn't do anything from there. You could've looked at armlx's other posts and made a case for his behavior being scummy.

Instead, what he have is an extended mockery of him, followed with with an ARRGH and a 'you're not going to be happy', which sounds like a
very
mild threat. Then you refer to the people driving the wagon as scum, which considering they have came from reasonable doubts, would tend to rub people up the wrong way. It just wasn't a particularly intelligent responce.

Post 300
. I have issues with the following parts:
- Implying inhim and TSA(despite his small joke) have a case against you for non-game reasons. While they might vote like that at the start of the game, at this stage I doubt they'd be acting this way. If you meant it as a joke, then you can hardly complain if it is analysed in the same fashion as CA's original dead cop quip. As in, it
implies
that's the reason they might be voting for you.
- The 'don't think you can even remotely pin on me' line, and follow up. You're being really defensive about things which quite possibly don't actually apply to you. He wasn't voting for you because
you
stopped the bandwagons, or because
you
were clogging up the thread, it's because those were the current circumstances and he wanted to vote to keep things going.

Post 301
isn't bad, nothing much to take issue with here.

Post 314
is the 'I don't care if you lynch me' post. Someone was getting heat for sounding like that earlier. :)
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Let's try that again....

JechtMurray wrote: The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.

Did CA ever claim it was a joke? Just curious.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

Smilax765 wrote:The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.
Jecht wrote:Did CA ever claim it was a joke? Just curious.
I don't think so. I doubt it would matter tremendously if he did, because it's probably one of the more correct responces someone could imagine to be being questioned on it. If people think it's scummy, it'd be just bad to say, 'no really, I meant it!' right?
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Of course that's true. If he did make that claim I would be more convinced than I already am. To my knowledge CA has given no real reason for why he would say that. He needs to give a convincing reason as to why a townie would do what he did.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”