A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Raivann »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Raivann wrote: I like Seteal, Twilight, and Bunnylover as scum atm.
Not voting (8) Nexus, Locke Lamora, Benmage, Andrius, Raivann, Setael, popsofctown, DrippingGoofball
Isnt that all we're gonna do next week is be able to vote?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Shadow1psc wrote:Thor, we did this dance quite awhile ago with Hascow. Something tells me you didn't really read the thread...
Wow, that ellipses at the end of your comment almost suggests you're going somewhere with the thought but then...you don't. Making the whole comment absolutely meaningless. And even if I haven't read all of the thread my reads have been more accurate than many players who have so it doesn't seem to really be making me useless except insomuch as I still have trouble understanding hascow - and no, you guys never figured out a way to translate him better, so unless you produce that particular quote from earlier in the thread how about you either go away or instantly translate him after every post he makes because that way you'd be helpful to me.

@Kast - you clarifying from scum to SK around LMP's claims suggested to me you actually had tracking info, and I was reacting as such. I'm not sure I buy a scum/third party that becomes NK immune - most SKs would start with the power and most scum don't seem like they'd get a built in lyncher sort of sub role. I'm buying the claim as stands.

@Magua - what's up with this Nexus wagon? I am in the market for some wheels.

Unvote: Zdenek
Vote: Nexus

@has - besides being super excited to watch you offer us flavor speck through wild gesticulations, what's up with this Twilight wagon? I'm still seeing them as likely town, and flippin' MoI was chairman of the screaming board for her lynch earlier and as much as Kast wants to throw around VI labels I just don't see MoI deciding the heads in that hydra are good VIscum getting rid of tools. Especially off that weaksauce wagon of "not towny enough".

@TS - Don't think I like the Raivann wagon at the moment, I had in my notes earlier a very townish wagon start up move he pulled earlier. I'll need to go re-check the names on it, but while we're at it could you link me back to the page roughly where you presented your mega case?

@Dana - other than lurktitude - the Saetal case in a few words please.

@Bunnylover - no, seriously, no. There are other wagon options, some have seat cushions and indoor climate control, please move.

@DGB - other than that it's really funny, why is Benmage uber town?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Setael »

Spring break - I'm going to be limited access (mostly just phone) and therefore less active this whole week but I'll post when I can.
Zdenek wrote:I am Tywin Lannister. I become night kill immune if Tyrion Lannister dies.
@Zdenek - why didn't you say this as "I became nk immune when chesskid died" or something to that effect? Why did you state it as if it hadn't happened yet.
popsofctown wrote:It's strange that Zdenek didn't interact with chesskid at all. Or that draw-NK behavior looks so much like survivor behavior. Or that he didn't softclaim anything. What the heck do you mean "some people wouldn't think of that?" steedface? When you get hider, do you try to figure out how you can profit from it? When you get PGO do you play like a VT? It's utterly natural. Zdenek didn't even nameclaim D2. There was no drawback to him nameclaiming day 2, at all. It would just confirm him to namecops and make scum nervous. The scum aren't going to have "pick someone and if their name is Tywin Lannister you can kill them even if they are bulletproof lullullull!" that's bastard.
Not only is there no drawback, Zdenek maybe could've absorbed a NK attempt if he'd name claimed. I definitely don't see Zdenek's play yesterday as that of a protown bulletproof Tywin.

vote: Zdenek
Thor wrote:I'm not sure I buy a scum/third party that becomes NK immune - most SKs would start with the power and most scum don't seem like they'd get a built in lyncher sort of sub role.
This is odd to me, that you'd accept the claim because you find it unlikely an SK could become NK immune rather than starting with it. Doesn't seem so implausible to me.

@Dana: Anything to add to your case on me besides what you said about mikujin? What you provided yesterday is certainly not worthy of a "nuff said" vote.
Raivann wrote:I like Seteal, Twilight, and Bunnylover as scum atm.
Why exactly am I on this list? If you've given reasons, I missed them.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Raivann »

Setael wrote: Why exactly am I on this list? If you've given reasons, I missed them.
To xvart you were saying something like townies don't need to blend in. I don't see the point in this from a town perspective. Just to make yourself look better and cast suspicion on xvart for something he didn't even do. Xvart probably knew that townies don't have to blend in.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Raivann wrote:
Setael wrote: Why exactly am I on this list? If you've given reasons, I missed them.
To xvart you were saying something like townies don't need to blend in. I don't see the point in this from a town perspective. Just to make yourself look better and cast suspicion on xvart for something he didn't even do. Xvart probably knew that townies don't have to blend in.
*attempts to lift log*
*gives up*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Raivann »

Hopefully cow will be able to talk in qt. it's not in-thread, persay
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sorry, I got busy again.

I've also got the dentist this afternoon, and there's the possibility I may be having a wisdom tooth removed, so I could be incoherent for another couple of days.

Raivann: Yes, I did, Post #1191.

Thor and Magua: Both your votes on me have come out of nowhere. Care to state a case? Thor, does that mean you're finally caught up?
Trans rights are human rights.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:who's modconfirmed town and who's just DGB-thinks-this-person's-town-because-she's-never-wrong
BOTH Bemmage and yourself are MOD-confirmed town, for the millionth time.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Benmage »

I'll be in here later tonight.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thor wrote:I'm not sure I buy a scum/third party that becomes NK immune - most SKs would start with the power and most scum don't seem like they'd get a built in lyncher sort of sub role.
Rolecop pulled "modified bulletproof". He could be lying about how it's modified.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:22 am

Post by danakillsu »

danakillsu wrote:Mikujin/Setael case:
After four posts, he has not ended up voting or raising and has only contributed the way he sees players acting and whether he likes it, which has nothing to do with scumhunting.
After six posts, he has done nothing else except defend his lack of vote. He has not scumhunted, but says he wants to save his vote until he has scumhunted, essentially.
ISO 7: Says DGB seems asinine, insane, and silly, but votes her for that, as if it's a scumtell. He says he doesn't think DGB is actually as unintelligent as she is acting, but calls her unintelligent 3 different ways, so that's bs.
OVERALL:
He really does two things in the entire game.
1) Refuse to actually scumhunt or do much logical debate.
2) Attack one person who is actually putting pressure on someone and attempting to scumhunt. DGB's actions as much as confirmed to all of us that hascow was town, which is something we definitely needed.
On Setael himself:
The main thing I noticed was his extensive case on Bunnylover, his secondary scumread, and his lack of a case on Feysal. The closest he got to a case was saying that Feysal was just calling someone scum without giving reasons for it, which I find interesting in light of this:
Setael wrote:I'm increasingly more confident in feysal as scum, which is making my reason for unvoting null and void.

unvote, vote: Feysal
That's all he gave as a reason for voting Feysal, the fact that he was getting more confident Feysal was scum.

I also find it funny that he keeps wanting me to prove that HIS posts are scummy, despite the fact that I'm wholly confident his predecessor was scum. It looks to me like he's being really careful not to slip up, and wants me to see it and think I was wrong before.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nexus wrote:Thor, does that mean you're finally caught up?
Does that mean you haven't read any of the pages since Day started?

Also, translation: hey, this guy is on my back, wasn't he under attack earlier? i know, let's bring up that attack again - I won't actually make a definitive statement about it, but will sort of smear it on him in the hope he goes away like fungus from foot cream.

Did I get that about right?

@dana - I like that case, what's your read on Nexus though?
popsofctown wrote:He could be lying about how it's modified.
So...what? He's scum who eventually gains bulletproof after - ? He's a SK who eventually is granted bulletproof if he survives long enough or kills a certain someone? Honestly, the faction that seems to benefit most from a late game bulletproof, to my mind, is town. Other factions make much less sense in how/why they'd get it. Besides, it's Day 3, I can emotionally let that one sit a while and think about it. The best case I see for him being scum is that LMP is alive, and that's it and that's not a hook big enough to hang my vote on at the moment. Besides, thus far we've revealed two town one shots, at most - scum faction needs bulletproof? SK doesn't just start with bulletproof? Meh.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 am

Post by LimMePls »

Kast wrote:If the claim is true, then you were night immune all of D2. However, instead of acting in a manner to draw NKs, you buddied all the active/town-leader players. Behavior doesn't really match with the claim.
Not to beat up on Zdenek too much, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he misplayed his power. Given that your role cop actually gels with his role claim, I'm willing to give him some leeway. BP is actually difficult for newer players to really understand how to play well. Most newer plays see the ability and they just think "neat, I won't get NK'd".

And even if he is the SK, we can revisit this later after he's continued murderizing the scum for us.

@Kast: If Zdenek is the SK, should we even be lynching him today?

Unvote

TS wrote:kast: It's not exactly easy to "act in a manner to draw NKs". I agree he should've softclaimed some ridiciloawesome PR D2 but not everyone thinks of that sort of thing.
This.
Raivann wrote:Isnt that all we're gonna do next week is be able to vote?
Yes. Which is a bad thing because it means a fractured town that can't communicate. So getting everything out on the table now is very important. So sitting on your vote today is INFINITELY WORSE than sitting on your vote other days.
Setael wrote:Why exactly am I on this list? If you've given reasons, I missed them.
Your "why me" here seems very insincere to me. It's been widely discussed why some people think you're scummy, how could you be surprised?
Setael wrote:Rolecop pulled "modified bulletproof". He could be lying about how it's modified.
Yes, it's true, he could be lying. Thanks for that. Any other obvious statements you'd like to make Captain Obvious?
danakillsu wrote:That's all he gave as a reason for voting Feysal, the fact that he was getting more confident Feysal was scum.
That is at best a misrepresentation, at worst a blatant lie. Yes it was all he gave in that post, but he had voted Feysal earlier in the day and had given VERY EXPLICIT reasons why. So why are you distorting that?

Vote: danakillsu

Still my best scum read.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're bulletproof if you were on yesterday's lynch wagon. You're bulletproof if you weren't on yesterday's lynch wagon. You become bulletproof once you kill your first stark. You remain bulletproof if you don't kill starks. You're bulletproof if you didn't shoot a stark last night. You're bulletproof as long as otherSK, <soandso> remains alive. You're bulletproof from scum, not from vigs. You're bulletproof from vigs, not from scum. You're bulletproof every night you don't send in a kill.

I could keep going. Full-metal-jacket bulletproof SKs are by no means standard. 1-shot BP is exceedingly common, sometimes SKs are given just investigation immunity but not kill immunity, etc, etc. There's all sorts of BP roles the SK could have, and if you think a game of this size ought to grant him full protection, then it's probably one of those variants that's very close to full BP.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

@pops - and all of your conclusions are no more or less valid than mine, except that due to lack of certain conclusion about him unless you can showcase some sort of scummy/SK play from him he's not the optimal lynch today, natch.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Yes, pops, of course he COULD be an sk. But it's pretty silly to go SK hunting this early.

We have tempo, and we should spend it hunting scum.

zdenek can join LL in the ranks of "town for now, we'll revisit the issue if we have evidence there's an SK among us and they're still alive".

Thor 1786 and LMP 1787 are good posts.

-hito (with Sotty's AIM approval)
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thor is the one who diverted me off to SK scenarios, by saying, "SKs can only be full bulletbroof, ergo town". He can very well be scum with a more difficult BP trigger. He's not town, I don't see how anyone could be that bad at mafia and do nothing with a BP role. Besides, he claims to have been thinking about ways to help the town with his BP role, because he said today he wanted to draw NKs, but that doesn't match up with his D2 play.

I'd much rather try to lynch scum but miss and hit an SK rather than try to lynch scum but miss and hit town.

Thor665 wrote:@pops - and all of your conclusions are no more or less valid than mine, except that due to lack of certain conclusion about him unless you can showcase some sort of scummy/SK play from him he's not the optimal lynch today, natch.
Read the flipping thread. He's lying and I've said as much. He claimed to be a bulletproof that's trying to draw NKs, but day 2 he didn't try to draw NKs.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Like I didn't think I would even have to point that out but I still haven't seen it brought up.
"Well, I..."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.6

Zdenek (4) Kast, Shadow1psc, popsofctown, Setael

Nexus (2) Magua, Thor665
Twilight Sparkle (1) Hasdgfas
Setael (1) Danakillsu
Thor665 (1) Zdenek
LynchMePls (1) Bunnylover
Raivann (1) Twilight Sparkle
Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls

Not voting (6) Nexus, Locke Lamora, Benmage, Andrius, Raivann, DrippingGoofball

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod.
* Vc mistakes? Point them out.
* The thread title is amazing. I will hear no argument.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 am

Post by hasdgfas »

popsofctown wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
:?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

popsofctown wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
I'm in agreement with cow (presuming I'm translating :? correctly).

First - if you believe his claim this is meaningless because he's town and is telling the truth.
Second - if you don't believe his claim this is meaningless because he's scum and is lying about the speed anyway.
Third - it doesn't even seem 'suspiciously' fast anyway.

Please stop burning your town points trying to get this lynch today. Pretty, pretty, please, with hot smooches on top.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

Appeal to probability is a fail argument. Also, what Thor said.

@pops: Even if Kast is right and Zdenek is SK, why exactly do we want to remove him right now? Starks have much more to fear from Zdenek-SK than town does.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Vote: Shadow1psc

Discuss.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

I actually really agree with Magua's towntell on him and think that is a fail wagon.

Done.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”