Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Just posting to say I'm here. I've tried to think of something productive to post all day, but I just don't
get
this game today, and I don't think I'm the only one. I'm standing by my vote for progesteronZ since there doesn't seem to be anything better to go by out there.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

TSAGod wrote:First off, I'm not you. Second off, masons are confirmable by determining who the partner is, but if you're part of a mafia, you can find somebody to be part of the team easily. And you don't really need to say anything if the other dies and turns up as scum other than "it never said we were protown." Thirdly, missing two nightchoices in a row sucks, and as a cop, all you have to say is "x is innocent," and then you can be naive if anybody gets nightkilled and turns up scum. Everything can be easily faked with the help of a mafia.
A masonry claim, this early in the game, is just flat out stupid for the Mafia. Masons are more likely to be shot at by enemy killing groups because masons are usually confirmed innocents. If either "mason" dies and is revealed as mafia, I can't think of a single thing the other one could try to say to us that would stop us from lynching them. I don't think the scum would hand the town a two-for-one coupon on a silver platter like that.

If anti-town roles were going to fake a cop claim, they'd pack investigations along with it. Fake guilty investigations on people they'd want to lynch, fake innocent investigations on townies they'd like to have on their side, that kind of thing. Not having an investigation draws attention to itself, which the mafia doesn't want. Why would a mafioso choose "I don't have an investigation" over the much safer lie "(Name) is innocent"?

All in all, a mason-cop is one of the roles most likely be nightkilled. Why would anyone want to
pretend
to be that?
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I don't know, I want to try it sometime now as scum.
Surfs up dude.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:14 am

Post by chamber »

I just had a thought, and its going to sound very newbish. I don't think we are getting alignments on death, now some roles are obviously town, like the doctor, but could the lawyer be a mafia role? Or am I just crazy and when we hit mafia it will say so?
Taking a break from the site.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:51 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I'd
hope
that we'd get alignment on death, but you raise a valid point. Usually if the mod isn't going to reveal alignment on death they'd say so... but then again Dranko is kinda funkular like that. I could see the Mailman being a Serial Killer, for instance.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:57 am

Post by Dranko20 »

Just so you know, any antitown role will CLEARLY be indicated it is anti town. if not otherwise stated, they are protown.
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:09 am

Post by VitaminR »

This game seems to have come to a halt.

vote: chamber

His reaction to Snap's claim and his bandwagoning today.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:50 am

Post by chamber »

VitaminR wrote:This game seems to have come to a halt.

His reaction to Snap's claim and his bandwagoning today.
He claimed a cop who missed BOTH investigations, and to be part of a mason pair but won't reveal his partner. Furthermore he implied his investigations were flawed if he didn’t target the same person as his partner, wouldn't him dying then negate the usefulness of his partner? This effectively does NOTHING to clear him. As for my 'bandwagoning' I thought both armlx and snap looked scummy. I think I voted snap before it was a bandwagon but w/e.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:57 am

Post by VitaminR »

There's no way scum would claim like that. Precisely because of your reaction and because there is no effort involved in making the claim believable. Also, claiming mason as scum will require a mafia buddy to back you up eventually and is too big a risk in the long term.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:23 am

Post by chamber »

VitaminR wrote:There's no way scum would claim like that. Precisely because of your reaction and because there is no effort involved in making the claim believable. Also, claiming mason as scum will require a mafia buddy to back you up eventually and is too big a risk in the long term.
Ever heard of wifom?
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:26 am

Post by Shamrock »

chamber wrote:
VitaminR wrote:There's no way scum would claim like that. Precisely because of your reaction and because there is no effort involved in making the claim believable. Also, claiming mason as scum will require a mafia buddy to back you up eventually and is too big a risk in the long term.
Ever heard of wifom?
While it is a WIFOM-esque argument, it's more risk than reward for the scum. If one gets killed (like by a vig or SK or something), the other is revealed as scum as well, giving a two-for-one deal.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:32 am

Post by chamber »

Shamrock wrote:
chamber wrote:
Ever heard of wifom?
While it is a WIFOM-esque argument, it's more risk than reward for the scum. If one gets killed (like by a vig or SK or something), the other is revealed as scum as well, giving a two-for-one deal.
Except there is no second member in this case. And he can limit the risk of his partner being hit by waiting as long as possible to reveal his partner's name. If he gives us the name of his partner, then, and only then, will I consider him to be a poor lynch.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by Sineish »

Snap wrote:I'm a mason cop. I can only talk to my mason partner (who I'll not name unless they want to come forward) up until the point we send off our investigation targets each night.
Whatever the mechanics of the cop side of his role - Snap is claiming here to be a mason in a group of 2. One revealed mason and one hidden mason is actually better for the town than two revealed masons - it presents the mafia with a dilemma. Do they kill the claimed mason, confirm the masonry's presence and give an unknown player a simple way to clear themselves, or do they keep the claimed mason alive hoping that the second mason will be forced out to support the first? The longer the town can afford to have a hidden mason (and as we're on day 2 at the moment I think that's at least until day 4), the less information the mafia have to base their kill choice on. That's why I can't understand this point of view:
chamber wrote:If he gives us the name of his partner, then, and only then, will I consider him to be a poor lynch.
If it was just a mason issue, I might think about fossing, but since you're also trying to get Snap to out a cop as well, I think I'll:
Vote: chamber

S.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:12 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Sineish wrote: Whatever the mechanics of the cop side of his role - Snap is claiming here to be a mason in a group of 2. One revealed mason and one hidden mason is actually better for the town than two revealed masons - it presents the mafia with a dilemma. Do they kill the claimed mason, confirm the masonry's presence and give an unknown player a simple way to clear themselves, or do they keep the claimed mason alive hoping that the second mason will be forced out to support the first?
You're right... except for one small thing. If the Mafia kills the revealed mason without knowing the identity of the concealed mason, the Mafia can later counterclaim to be the hidden mason.

The thing is (and this is directed toward Chamber), if Snap is lying, he will probably be revealed without being lynched when he's killed tonight, assuming a doctor doesn't protect him. Whether Snap is telling the truth or not, other killing groups would still take a shot at him, thinking he's a cop. Masons never live long, and if Snap continues to live for a while, then we'll take another look at him.

In the end, you're still pushing way too hard to lynch a claimed cop (on Day 2!) which is Just. Plain. Dumb.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:13 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I'd like to tweak that last part to "lynch a claimed cop or get him to reveal another cop". Either way, it's still foolish.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by chamber »

This is a difference of opinion. If no one else agrees with me the cops not going to come out. I still think his calim is worthless. I don't know how to defend myself other then saying I honestly feel the other cop should come forward.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:33 am

Post by Shamrock »

I also think it's silly to lynch a claimed cop at this point in the game, even if we don't know his mason partner. Admittedly, showing a partner would give his claim more credibility, but even without that he's still a very bad idea to lynch and a somewhat suspicious choice.

Vote: chamber
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:51 am

Post by Falcone »

Unvote: Snap

I'm still not entirely convinced by his claim, but we don't risk much by leaving him alive for now, and if he's telling the truth, forcing him to out his partner would be disastrous.

I'm still waiting for Blackberry's reasons for his vote for me.
Snap
Snap
Townie
Snap
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:05 am

Post by Snap »

vote: Chamber
Continually pressing me to reveal my partner isn't going to work, and to be honest, I think it's better for the town if I get lynched with my partner unrevealed, than to reveal my partner and not get lynched. The overbearing presure from you corner for me to reveal just seems scummier and scummier now, Chamber, and I feel much happier in voting you now.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by chamber »

I assume everyone voting me wants a claim? Once I'm 1 or 2 away I'll give one.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Oops, didn;t realize I switched my vote to falcone.
unvote, vote: Chamber
Surfs up dude.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by chamber »

Eh I said 1-2 away but 3 works too, I'm a vig.
Majority Leader Bell
Majority Leader Bell
Ninja
Majority Leader Bell
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Post by Majority Leader Bell »

You vigged anyone yet?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Post by chamber »

Majority Leader Bell wrote:You vigged anyone yet?
Although I'm ashamed to say it I azwolg'ed(miss vigged) lyingbrian.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by Fritzler »

chamber wrote:
Majority Leader Bell wrote:You vigged anyone yet?
Although I'm ashamed to say it I azwolg'ed(miss vigged) lyingbrian.
That was me sorry. Hmm, want to vig him again tonight? I doubt we have 3 killing groups, and if there are three kills tonight i'll probably believe you.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”