Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

@Vi: My town read on GreyICE is mainly consistent upon Seraphim being scum. I see no reason why Scum!Sera and Scum!GI would exist together.

Also, that last strip meant to say "I have a good idea of who is scum with you though, if you flip scum". I was just tired.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

But I thought you weren't going to make alignment decisions based on an unmade flip because it's just gut and not based on any concrete evidence?

If you have no problem saying GreyICE is town based on my presumed alignment, why the fuck do you have such an issue saying who is scum based on my being scum?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Seraphim wrote:But I thought you weren't going to make alignment decisions based on an unmade flip because it's just gut and not based on any concrete evidence?

If you have no problem saying GreyICE is town based on my presumed alignment, why the fuck do you have such an issue saying who is scum based on my being scum?
HOW MANY TIMES DID I SAY, THIS IS ALL MEANINGLESS WITHOUT A FLIP.

HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU ASK FOR IT ANYWAY?

AND NOW THIS? NO. THIS IS TOO MUCH.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Seraphim »

So, what you're saying is that you have no good reason to believe GreyICE is town?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Seraphim wrote:So, what you're saying is that you have no good reason to believe GreyICE is town?

+1 Misrep.

I have a god-dammed good reason to believe it. I just can't provide it as evidence, because there is no flip! I
know
think you will flip scum, so I am confident in his townieness for now.

But I can't provide it as evidence because it REQUIRES A FLIP.

DO YOU GET THIS? HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO TRY AND TWIST MY WORDS? THERE IS NO TOWN MOTIVATION IN TRYING TO CREATE SCUM INTENT WHERE THERE IS NONE.

Oh wait, you're scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I don't see fucking scum intent and I certainly never said that. Now who's misrepping? I'm just frustrated that you won't answer the damn question. My conclusion is perfectly logical based on your logic.

1. You shouldn't give the names of who you believe to be my potential buddies because it's based on my flip which hasn't happened yet.
2. Because it's based on a flip that hasn't happened yet, you should not state those reads because they are worthless without a flip.
3. Therefore, these theoretical scum reads are useless without a flip.
4. GreyICE is theoretically town because you believe I am scum.
5. Therefore, you have no reason to believe GreyICE is town because it is useless without a flip.

It is a perfectly logical conclusion that, because your theoretical scum reads are useless, your town reads based on flips should be similar as well. Your town read on GreyICE is based on my flip as scum. Therefore, you have no reason to believe GreyICE is town until I flip scum.

Is there a hole in my logic that I'm missing?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Seraphim wrote:I don't see fucking scum intent and I certainly never said that. Now who's misrepping? I'm just frustrated that you won't answer the damn question. My conclusion is perfectly logical based on your logic.

1. You shouldn't give the names of who you believe to be my potential buddies because it's based on my flip which hasn't happened yet.
2. Because it's based on a flip that hasn't happened yet, you should not state those reads because they are worthless without a flip.
3. Therefore, these theoretical scum reads are useless without a flip.
4. GreyICE is theoretically town because you believe I am scum.
5. Therefore, you have no reason to believe GreyICE is town because it is useless without a flip.

It is a perfectly logical conclusion that, because your theoretical scum reads are useless, your town reads based on flips should be similar as well. Your town read on GreyICE is based on my flip as scum. Therefore, you have no reason to believe GreyICE is town until I flip scum.

Is there a hole in my logic that I'm missing?

The hole is that I am convinced you are scum. Therefore, I am convinced Grey is town.

However, I can't just prove Grey is town by saying "Sera is scum" because you haven't flipped yet. Understand?

Ok for me to speculate and act upon.

Not ok to use as solid proof.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Which brings me back to my original point: if you have no problem stating town reads based on my flip, why do you have such a problem posting scum reads based on my alignment?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay, now this is just going overboard.

LLD, why do you think GreyICE is town? What in the interactions between him and Seraphim make you believe they aren't scum together?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Seraphim wrote:Which brings me back to my original point: if you have no problem stating town reads based on my flip, why do you have such a problem posting scum reads based on my alignment?

Because I feel I need more evidence to accuse someone of being scum, than I do to consider someone town.

P-Edit: Nacho, GreyICE votes Seraphim, Seraphim attacks back. This COULD be distancing, but GreyICE continues to push Seraphim, even after Sera's target is switched, and gets him to L-1.

Grey just removed his vote... which is slightly detracting, but I still feel that he's town. Crossbussing on Day 1 seems almost crazy.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I removed my vote because ToastyToast is fucking acting scummy as shit right now, and I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it. Seriously, look at that post. That is such a fucking scum post. It feels like scum celebrating about the day 1 bandwagons. "Oh if one's town I'll lynch the other!"

It's the first fucking thing in this game that makes me think Seraphim is town, because that post screams SCUM in mile high letters.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

What is everyone debating about?

THIS IS A SCUM POST

ToastyToast wrote:The thing that bugs me the most about GreyICE is how he passes everything off as "logical" when his posts have little of it. His defense for half his posts is "reason, which you don't have." This constant mention that he's allegedly good at making arguments isn't found in his posts, and he doesn't support his reads with facts. This posting habit makes me think GreyICE is trying to lead town with baseless information. This is a huge contrast to, say, UK, who is leading by asking questions rather than spouting new reads every so often.

Add that to his votes, but more importantly his sudden shifts in attention towards other players. He has only stayed on Seraphim because he realizes there's a chance for a lynch. When he saw that people weren't voting me, he moves to Seraphim. Ignore GreyICE's scum list, and these are the people he's called scum: Seraphim, Me, Jahudo, CES, Antitown, and Rhinox (says he's waffling on this one)

Jahudo's is important because he starts of by calling it a good lynch, then calls him town when Seraphim suspects him. He also places him in his town list. Where did this sudden switch come from? No telling from his posts.

CES and Antitown are easy targets because they've been lurking, but, really, doesn't Katsuki (of Antitown) always lurk? Not to mention the computer problems they mentioned. I've never played with CES, but the other players seem to be used to it. No one else has attacked him.

His focus has been on Seraphim for a majority of the game. This leads me to believe that if GreyICE is scum, Seraphim is town. Or vice-versa, but I'm in favor of a GreyICE lynch before a Seraphim one.
THIS POST WAS MADE BY SCUM

Look at the list he artificially inflated. Look at the fact that I call CES bad (not necessarily scum) and say that Anti is not posting much and therefore null. NULL. Not fucking scum.

And then the last bit. The last bit. Where he sets it up so that he can push for a Seraphim lynch on day 2 if I'm town, or a lynch of me on day 2 if seraphim is town.

SCUM IS POSTING THIS.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Hello boys and girls! Here's a list of examples in which GreyICE has targeted scum.
GreyICE wrote:
Toasty:
I have a gut read of my own. You're scum. It's a good gut read. Flavor mechanics, IoA, setup speculation, and more waffles than Jahudo.
Unvote
Vote: Toasted
GreyICE wrote: Nice clear posting:I feel comfortable with my vote. What you did = someone not all that comfortable with what they're saying.Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence?
Overdefensive. Jahudo = good wagon.
So is Toasty.
GreyICE wrote:I'm backpeddling? It was an offhand comment. Your post was scummy.
One scummy post does not make you scum, as I will happily link you to game after game where townies make perfectly scummy posts. This reaction? Yeah. That does it for me.
Unvote
Vote: Seraphim
Logic has no place in a game of Mafia my ASS. Logic is what I like to operate on.
GreyICE wrote:
Scummy

Vi - you're doing a lot of theory, which you're comfortable with, you're quoting other games and asking questions, which you're comfortable with, but I'm not sure you're scumhunting.
GreyICE wrote: As for the Rhinox vote, I think it described it accurately. He showed up, made an random vote on the first page, yes, but without mentioning a damn thing that was happening (which is to say that there was no RVS), and vanished for pages. Best reason for a vote I saw by that stage.
GreyICE wrote:The reactions to CES are priceless? What? He's posted a grand total of blah in the thread. If I had a dayvig I'd have no problem dropping his ass.
GreyICE wrote:
As for who you're scum with, looks like Vi. Third I don't know yet. If I had to bet, the list Antitown, ToastyToast, and CES.
TBH, I'm thinking Antitown is probably town, as Antihero has vanished in general, so absence is probably a null tell, and Kats lurks pretty badly most of the time. Just too little content to be sure. Nacho is worth keeping an eye on, it's probably bad to be suspicious of players who are good at being quietly town when they're scum just because they are good at it, but I keep a better eye on them than someone who is pretty easy to read.
Definitely not LLD, Kitten, Tripod, Jahudo, or kdub, they all feel solid town. Rhinox I keep waffling on, a few things rub me wrong, but he just feels too sincere to be scum.
Yeah, read into his talk of Antitown a little too much, but he's still mentioned as scum. But other than that, my list is accurate. Thanks Vi for letting me know that I missed you--had to ISO him a second time.

Discuss
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Antitown »

Oh, wow, I'm an idiot.

I forgot about this hydra completely (sorry, fate).
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh my fucking god, you are so bad at this Toasty.

My Quote:
As for the Rhinox vote, I think it described it accurately. He showed up, made an random vote on the first page, yes, but without mentioning a damn thing that was happening (which is to say that there was no RVS), and vanished for pages.
Best reason for a vote I saw by that stage.
@Rhinox: When I voted you had one post in the thread. Yeah, my read on you changed. Your content level changed. As for the gut read, go check the thread. I was joking about his HORRIBLE gut read vote.
As for Jahudo, I already said I meant Seraphim, I was fucking tired when I made that post. You didn't even read that. You are misrepping like fucking hells. You have to. You're backed into a corner now, because you made a post that's so fucking scum that I'm surprised that maggots aren't crawling out of it.

You sit there neutral until it looks like there might be a wagon on me, and suddenly you're CONVINCED that I'm scum? And then you CHAIN TOMORROW'S LYNCH?

No. Fucking. Way. Town. Does. That.

You are so fucking scum it hurts Toasty. Die in a fucking fire, you failure.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Antitown »

...initializing scumdar2000...

[PING kdub] Seraphim even said explicitly he has role info about the flavor scum are (which explains your vote "reason"). That's not a scum move.

[PING toasty] Jumping on the softclaim + rolefish scumtell. Plus, that flavor speculation implies scum knowledge (I might write that off as flavor knowledge gained from the show, though).

[PING toasty] "I'm willing to change my vote later when someone is more scummy" scumtell

[PING Vi] A lot of theory that's not even original...a curt dismissal of toasty's scumminess...a pretty unjustified Seraphim vote... I don't think I see anything in this post I do like.

[PING Vi] You're asking rhinox if he has any suspicions, when yours are haphazard and sloppy at best.

Waiting for someone to chase the CESredherring...

Alright, we have a taker

[PING LLD] This sudden push on CES looks pretty forced and an attempt to divert attention (see: "CES needs more votes and more pressure...")

[PING Vi] You're OK with that recent LLD behavior, but some....inexplicable thing in Jahudo's ISO is making you "twitch". Yeah, OK.

WTF, Greyice, WTF?

[PING LLD] Soft attacks are scummy, and in your case, hypocritical

Toasty Hm, if you keep being reasonable, I might have to stop suspecting you...

[PING LLD] The "why me" scumtell might be the crappiest scumtell ever. Also, if you really think he's scum, you shouldn't have any problem putting him at L1 and wouldn't need to ask for confirmation first. Actions and convictions are really not matching up here.

[PING LLD] You remember who was calling you an opportunist a while ago? I don't either, but I agree with her.

Next vote is an attempt at a comeback, but kind of fails in that OMGUS isn't a scumtell (and neither is AtE), and there's no hypocrisy when you think about it.

*facepalm Greyice*

...it seems we've descended into a slapfight... great
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Antitown »

more tomorrow morning, I promise.

-AH
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Rhinox wrote: have a bad habit of my fingers not always doing the same thing my brain is thinking while I'm typing.
If anyone needs me to, I'll go dig up a recent game where I did the exact same thing.
Why did you need to tag on the bolded?
obviously because it was a real scumslip and I wanted to cover my ass :P

umm, idk why actually.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:@Rhinox: Who else is scum? Besides GreyICE what's your next top scum read?
did I just say I was going to look at toasty and others I've been ignoring up until now? I mean seriously, it was like 2 posts back.

And no I didn't do it yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

greyICE, why so hostile all of a sudden?
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Antitown »

GreyICE wrote:You are so fucking scum it hurts Toasty. Die in a fucking fire, you failure.
grey, I know you're better than this. Don't ever say something like this. Ever again.

-AH
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

@AT: That's really cool and I appreciate the format, but I'm kind of guilty of some of those things listed. Why aren't you pinging me at all?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:16 pm

@AT: For the L-1 thing. I wasn't asking because I wanted to know if it was ok. I was asking because I didn't want to accidentally hammer Seraphim.

For the CES thing... I had no idea what the he'll he was doing. I sort of get his game now... But he appeared to just be jumpin on whatever wagon he wanted.

The soft attacking thing... I don't see the problem with me telling him that he wasn't simply going to be given the answer...

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Kdub »

GreyICE wrote:I removed my vote because ToastyToast is fucking acting scummy as shit right now, and I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it. Seriously, look at that post. That is such a fucking scum post. It feels like scum celebrating about the day 1 bandwagons. "Oh if one's town I'll lynch the other!"

It's the first fucking thing in this game that makes me think Seraphim is town, because that post screams SCUM in mile high letters.
Why can't Toasty be town who legitimately sees one of you as scum and one as town? The fact that you immediately came to the conclusion that Toasty was doing this from a scum motivation even though you thought Seraphim was scum seems strange.

Actually, before I say anything else...

Seraphim:
Since you think GreyICE and Toasty are both scum, what is your take on GreyICE's attack on Toasty? Is it still bussing?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

In all complete honesty, I could definitely see GreyICE trying to attack Toasty as a distancing attempt if he thought he was going to be lynched for sure.

I think speculating about it is sorta pointless at this juncture until one of them flips.
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Antitown »

UncertainKitten wrote:@AT: That's really cool and I appreciate the format, but I'm kind of guilty of some of those things listed. Why aren't you pinging me at all?
Specifically, what do you mean? Context is key.

Alright, moving on.

Vi 178 Asking where nacho is. Mental note: look for a followup to this

Jahudo 188 Vote is still on Vi (and still "random" as far as I can tell), but it looks like he doesn't like Seraphim. It's already page 8, what's up with this?

Rhinox 214
This
post made me *twitch*. First off, the glossing over of the two major wagons. Second, the kind of sucky vote on GreyICE. Yeah, reads change, what's your point?

Seraphim 220 LLD isn't an idiot, and I don't want to read another post like this. Ever.

Oh, and Vi-Nacho update: no follow up.

Vi 252 Oh, there's the "don't argue with scum" horsehockey.

Got to go now. Sorry. :(

More later.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

-"inexplicable thing in Jahudo's ISO is making you "twitch". Yeah, OK.

I saw that and agreed with Vi.

- "The "why me" scumtell might be the crappiest scumtell ever."

I'm pretty sure I said it bugged me. The why meness.

So, yeah, actually, not as bad as I thought. Just I've supported some of the "scummy" things you've pinged and yet and absent from your list.

It just felt weird.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”