Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

UncertainKitten wrote:Oh, I saw the invite. The fact that Grey and LLD took it without even trying to elaborate that much (particularly LLD) made me frown.

You're mistaking "lack of elaboration" with "I'm really tired, and I'll comment on all Sera's recent posts at a time when I can write clearly".
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Fate »

"When my mind is set, well, I'm wearin blinders! Nothing else matters."

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Vi (0):
Rhinox (0):
UncertainKitten (0):
Jahudo (1): Nachomamma
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Antitown
GreyICE (5): ToastyToast, Rhinox, Vi, CogitoES, Seraphim (L-2)
ToastyToast (1): Untrod Tripod
Antitown (0):
Kdub (0):
Untrod Tripod (1): Jahudo
Seraphim (4): Kdub, GreyICE, Ladyλδ, UncertainKitten
Nachomamma (0):

Not voting:
Trying to go against the flow of all things: Ladyλδ

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: Thursday March 24th
Last edited by Fate on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

SHIT.

SORRY FATE. ;_;

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Kdub »

Hmm...I didn't really expect Nacho's explanation of his LL vote to be what it was. The "I was fishing for reactions" routine seems legitimate here based on his explanation in 310. I had Nacho leaning slightly scum, but I feel better about him now.
Vi wrote:Hey Kdub, is there anyone you actually want to see lynched right now?
Are you suggesting that my vote lacks conviction or that it is somehow not genuine? Otherwise I don't see the point of this question.

Seraphim's flip-flop on LL strikes me as him trying to bail out of a stalled wagon and onto the next viable one other than himself. Hmm...why does that sound familiar?

I'll probably have more tomorrow, need to sleep now though.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Why isn't GreyICE dead yet?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:30 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Why isn't GreyICE dead yet?

First off, because he's town.

Secondly, because there's quite a few scum on his wagon.

Thirdly, because besides Vi, I have yet to see someone post a half legitimate case.

So, convince me differently of 1, by doing 3, won't you kindly CES?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

It's "would you kindly", trigger words are exact like that.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

That's not completely true, Toasty is totally bussing his buddy, Grey.

LLD: who is scum with me?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 am

Seraphim wrote:That's not completely true, Toasty is totally bussing his buddy, Grey.

Not saying anything to that effect at the moment, Sera. I'm keeping those cards held close. I have a good idea of who is scum with you though, based on your flip.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Jahudo »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Jahudo wrote:And I agree that Sera's speculation looks uncharacteristic, but I don't see how its suspicious.
Maybe Sera knows some inside information.
I think his talking looks innocent right now, not malicious or opportunistic in any way.
Why would you ever bring up something like the bolded up?
Because its possible I have inside information too, but I think its much more likely that I have flavor that is not meant to be read into. Maybe he's in a similar situation, I can only guess and feel that he is not scummy for bringing that stuff up.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Kdub »

Mod: Is the vote count correct? Rhinox is listed twice.

Toasty:
Can you explain clearly why you suspect ICE? As far as I can tell, your case on him is mainly that he was wagon-hopping with little reasoning. However, at the point where you actually voted him, his only votes were an RVS vote on Rhinox, a vote on you, and a vote on Seraphim, whom you were suspicious of as well. Is that the extent of your suspicion?

I'm not feeling ICE as scum right now, partly because I think Seraphim is more likely to be scum, and partly because I'm not comfortable with the reasoning (or lack thereof) by the people on his wagon outside of Vi and maybe Rhinox.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote:Bandwagoning Lady - What's wrong with Rhinox?
pssst she thinks I'm seraphs scum partner and doesn't want me to know she knows...
GreyICE wrote:Why, because she voted for you for a bit?

Haha.

That's me laughing.

Haha.
GreyICE wrote:The laughter sounds nervous to me.
This shit just writes itself :)
UK wrote:I did find half of Rhinox's post to be invalid. The one on Gray, I mean.
Which half?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 am

Post by GreyICE »

Seraphim wrote:You'd think I'd be a bit more subtle about the whole "why not this guy tell" thing if I was scum, especially after doing it the first time.

Grey:
You attacked Toast, then switched to me as soon as you could.
You've been attacking me, but have almost entirely switched your focus to Vi, while keeping your vote on the viable wagon, me.
Now I'm attacking you again and we're(Vi and I) scumbuddies.
You've literally ceased to interest. Run up the pirate flag and claim scum in the thread, it's the only fucking way you could be
more
obvious.

My vote is sitting on scum. You. I'm working on your buddies because eventually people will wake up and this one will go to lynch.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:22 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Seraphim wrote:That's not completely true, Toasty is totally bussing his buddy, Grey.
I also totally was the first person to vote Grey. Its not really bussing if I started the case on him.

@Kdub: I'll put a summary case together in a sec.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Rhinox: Please read the entire game before asking questions that have already been answered. Thank you ^-^.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Rhinox: Please read the entire game before asking questions that have already been answered. Thank you ^-^.

says the person who admitted to not reading my entire post.... :roll:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

UK wrote:@Vi: GI explained. Rhinox was making a big thing of something OBVIOUSLY sarcastic. And spent half his post doing so.
which part is the obviously sarcastic part you are talking about?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:42 am

Post by ToastyToast »

The thing that bugs me the most about GreyICE is how he passes everything off as "logical" when his posts have little of it. His defense for half his posts is "reason, which you don't have." This constant mention that he's allegedly good at making arguments isn't found in his posts, and he doesn't support his reads with facts. This posting habit makes me think GreyICE is trying to lead town with baseless information. This is a huge contrast to, say, UK, who is leading by asking questions rather than spouting new reads every so often.

Add that to his votes, but more importantly his sudden shifts in attention towards other players. He has only stayed on Seraphim because he realizes there's a chance for a lynch. When he saw that people weren't voting me, he moves to Seraphim. Ignore GreyICE's scum list, and these are the people he's called scum: Seraphim, Me, Jahudo, CES, Antitown, and Rhinox (says he's waffling on this one)

Jahudo's is important because he starts of by calling it a good lynch, then calls him town when Seraphim suspects him. He also places him in his town list. Where did this sudden switch come from? No telling from his posts.

CES and Antitown are easy targets because they've been lurking, but, really, doesn't Katsuki (of Antitown) always lurk? Not to mention the computer problems they mentioned. I've never played with CES, but the other players seem to be used to it. No one else has attacked him.

His focus has been on Seraphim for a majority of the game. This leads me to believe that if GreyICE is scum, Seraphim is town. Or vice-versa, but I'm in favor of a GreyICE lynch before a Seraphim one.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, but I also didn't comment on it and ask questions that had already been answered.

Anyway, the whole big thing you made about GI's "gut read" that was CLEARLY not meant as a literal gut read.

You spent about half your post expounding that one.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@UK: I'm not attacking the line in which he mocks my gut-read, if thats what your referring to. I'm attacking the many instances in which his votes come out of nowhere under the guise of being "logical."

And I used you as an example to show a difference. I don't consider you to be leading, but you are my strong town-read. You got that way because of all the questions.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox wrote:
jahudo wrote:Rhinox – Takes stances on the big discussions which is good, but he doesn’t say why he finds Grey worse than Sera. Most of his explanation part is about Lady, even though his attention is more on Grey right now. So I’m wondering why he finds Lady delusional and Grey scummy? Lean town.
Well, first ICE voted me for a stupid reason, and then next I hear anything from him I'm on his town list.

ICE's definition of waffling seems off - adding qualifiers is not waffling. IMO, he's turning a semantics argument into a REALLY BIG DEAL. And then when he actually gets into a conversation with seraph about it, he throws out the overdefensive wikitell because it was just an offhand comment.

One of these statements does not belong:

1: "Toasty: I have a gut read of my own. You're scum. It's a good gut read. Flavor mechanics, IoA, setup speculation, and more waffles than Jahudo."
2: "I operate on gut reads and change my mind a lot? News to me."
3: "Logic has no place in a game of Mafia my ASS. Logic is what I like to operate on."

ICE: didn't like LLD asking seraph to claim. Seems like a lack of conviction to me. Isn't that the same thing he was accusing seraph of in WAFFLEGATE2011?

"Nacho's vote was bad. So he's probably town. Wrong. But town."
vs.
"Logic is what I like to operate on."

Then the godawful scum/town list. After looking at greyICE iso, I think ICE/toasty scum is looking pretty good right now:

"Toasty: I have a gut read of my own. You're scum. It's a good gut read. Flavor mechanics, IoA, setup speculation, and more waffles than Jahudo."
vs.
"Toasty - I really need to relook at some of these posts, I may be reading the situation wrong."

What changed?

And there is his posting style: answering questions with questions, asking himself rhetorical questions and then answering them, a sort of facade of having a cool arrogant swagger, and it all comes across as covering up scum insecurity, IMO. It comes across as, "I'm going to try to predict what someone is going to ask me next, ask myself, and then answer it before it gets asked." Like he's consciously thinking about things he might be accused of and nipping it in the bud before someone else brings it up. Example:

Rhinox: "You think the rest of the scum are in the lurker list?"
ICE: "Do I think all three scum are in that list of 6 people? Is this such a bad bet?

Am I married to the list and will never ever ever change my reads no matter what happens? No. But if my reads change from here on out there will be reasons for it."

This is more waffling than seraph ever did. I think the "Is that such a bad bet" is meant to imply that he does in fact think all the scum are in his list of 6 scum/null players. But then he throws the disclaimer on that he's not married to his list, which is the trying to predict the next accusation part I was talking about.

So yeah, this covers the why greyICE is scum part of the question jahudo. I'll cover the why LLD is moreso delusional than town in another post later on. I've been told I need to be more productive at work... >.>

UK, the bolded is where I talk about the gut read vs. ICE saying he doesn't operate on gut. I see now that it may have been a sarcastic comment that I didn't catch the first time. I'll gladly strike that from my post, but... It doesn't look like half my post was dedicated to expounding on that. Maybe 10-15% of it based on the amount of text bolded vs. not bolded, and no expounding, only presenting once. Is they're a reason you're strawmanning/misrepping me like this? What do you think of the rest of the points? Sorry its a long post, but if you're going to lambast me for not reading, I'd appreciate it if you'd take 30 seconds to read my post and give a complete opinion on all the points.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:07 am

Post by ToastyToast »

O.o thought she was talking to me :P

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

@Toasty: I'm aware you aren't attacking his mockery of your gut read. That was at Rhinox.

@Rhinox:
Rhinox wrote: Then the godawful scum/town list. After looking at greyICE iso, I think ICE/toasty scum is looking pretty good right now:

"Toasty: I have a gut read of my own. You're scum. It's a good gut read. Flavor mechanics, IoA, setup speculation, and more waffles than Jahudo."
vs.
"Toasty - I really need to relook at some of these posts, I may be reading the situation wrong."

What changed?
So we're ignoring this now?

Right now I have no strong opinion on Gray because I'm going to look for myself when I get a chance. Secondly, to strawman you I'd have to actively be trying to attack your points, as opposed to mentioning I didn't like half your post. I see no post of mine accusing you of being scum. Further, I see no misrepresentation on my part. You, quite frankly, just aren't a clear poster. You've elucidated a little now.

That said, why are you getting so defensive?

As for the rest of your points, I think you have fair reasoning in the second half of your post about answering questions before they're asked. Not certain if it's scummy, per se, but I can see where you'd think so.

The waffling thing prefacing the bolded isn't really amazingly useful for alignment detection.

The point about Logic vs. Nacho town also appears to be a non sequiter, and I think I was rolling it in with the sarcastic thing. My bad.

Anything else, Rhinox?

@Toasty: Context. It's your friend.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:The thing that bugs me the most about GreyICE is how he passes everything off as "logical" when his posts have little of it. His defense for half his posts is "reason, which you don't have." This constant mention that he's allegedly good at making arguments isn't found in his posts, and he doesn't support his reads with facts. This posting habit makes me think GreyICE is trying to lead town with baseless information. This is a huge contrast to, say, UK, who is leading by asking questions rather than spouting new reads every so often.

Add that to his votes, but more importantly his sudden shifts in attention towards other players. He has only stayed on Seraphim because he realizes there's a chance for a lynch. When he saw that people weren't voting me, he moves to Seraphim. Ignore GreyICE's scum list, and these are the people he's called scum: Seraphim, Me, Jahudo, CES, Antitown, and Rhinox (says he's waffling on this one)

Jahudo's is important because he starts of by calling it a good lynch, then calls him town when Seraphim suspects him. He also places him in his town list. Where did this sudden switch come from? No telling from his posts.

CES and Antitown are easy targets because they've been lurking, but, really, doesn't Katsuki (of Antitown) always lurk? Not to mention the computer problems they mentioned. I've never played with CES, but the other players seem to be used to it. No one else has attacked him.

His focus has been on Seraphim for a majority of the game. This leads me to believe that if GreyICE is scum, Seraphim is town. Or vice-versa, but I'm in favor of a GreyICE lynch before a Seraphim one.
Um, wow. Talk about lying like a rug.

Seraphim - pretty fucking obvscum
You - Going back and forth
Jahudo - town
CES - either fucking terrible scum or fucking terrible town
Antitown - null, although lurking like fuck
Rhinox - town

Is it possible for you to be a tad more dishonest here?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Wait... you're in favor of lynching me... then if I flip town... lynching seraphim?

Unvote

Vote: ToastyToast

I fucking know I'm flipping town. And this is the first reason anyone has given me that Seraphim might. Holy fuck. FAILURE. It is a fucking option.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”