Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Saint »

Apokalyptika wrote:Saint: if you don't think MoI is scum, then why would you bring him into the conversation you were having with vezok? Why wouldn't you say "What do you think of Ythill and Farside being scum together?" Also, not hammering is not scummy, since almost nobody was ready to be done with the day. And look, since the day continued, I'm getting lots of information that I wouldn't have otherwise.
Because I suspect Animorpher is scum.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Saint »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: Please explain this because I don’t even know what you are saying here.
I am playing scummy because I replaced in? Are you differentiating my play here from games I start?
Am I scummy because I replaced Tasky who you thought was scummy?
I feel like you are out of the loop, and that some people have reads on your slot which you are having trouble shaking. I read one Tasky post scummily, I could go find it, but it is probably a waste of time because we're not lynching you today. You have helped your slot to me, but not other people, hence why I'm defending you and getting flack for it.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Why do you think that? OGML is still the leading wagon and I believe the only reason he’s gotten any slack is his announced V/LA til today.
I would be happy lynching him, but his wagon really is stalling. You even admit that in this post.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Appeal to Authority much?
Who am I appealing to? I generally feel AtA has to be TO someone.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Saint »

farside22 wrote:@ythill: I was in one game with you and I don't recall you vote hopping as much as this game.

geezer mafia
You had 3 people you were will to vote on day 1. Very different from here. This game you seem a bit more hey lets BW X and see where it goes. I also see from geezer there is no VC analysis coming from you there.

unelect: ythill
WATCH OUT FARSIDE YOU'LL ONLY HURT YOUR OWN CREDIBILITY
Locke Lamora wrote:
Saint wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Saint: do you think I'm scum too?
You are my strongest town read. Why?
You said that Ythill and Nexus were scummy for deterring the OGML lynch, but although you were later told that I also unvoted OGML, you haven't treated me in the same way. Seems inconsistent.
You generally play this way as town. I have played with you more than both of them.
A Gaggle of Geese wrote:This head has only seen Ythill in jurrasic park which is still ongoing, but Ythill is dead and flipped town, and he did vote hop a lot on D1. I have a mild townread on him...from what I gather, the way to read him is in how successful his VCA and other shenanigans are.
ongoing... ?
but your defense is noted

GG, you also list Seacore as town, what brought you to that conclusion?
You said "A lot of people view Ythill as town", but I myself am iffy on that.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Quick hits, in no particular order cept the scummiest

TOWN

Gaggle
Vezo
LynchMePls
Apok
Ythill
Llama
Ani

ALSO PROBABLY TOWN

Locke

TORN ON

Nexus
SGR
Saint
MOI
Seacore

SCUMMY

farside
wrath
AGar

SCUM

ghostlin

Unvote, Vote: ghost

Unelect: SGR, Elect Apok

I elected SGR basically to see what would happen, but it didn't really do as much as I'd hoped. A lynch on him no longer seems really possible, and I'm not longer convinced he's scum, mostly because some people who's reads I'm beginning to trust have him at town.

LynchMePls makes a very compelling case, but I'm more even drawn to the fact that there is an unusual amount of resistance to it, and not long after he made it and there were hints of a ghost wagon coming back others come out of the woodwork to lend weight to a growing Nexus wagon. Nexus is kinda scummy, but the timing of his wagon and the composition of his wagon make me think he's a convenient town counterwagon to the growing ghost wagon that a buddy or two is trying to get over the hump now that too many people have unvoted me.

I've had a town read on Apok for a while, I'd like to get him elected, I think he could be a valuable part of any discussions backstage.

I don't ever really intend to get into the nitty gritty of quoting posts line by line to dissect everything. I used to play that way and it was extremely taxing, to the point where I stopped playing mafia pretty much altogether and created an alt with the sole purpose of being able to play in a much more lackadaisical way which I find much more enjoyable. It doesn't make me any better or worse at reading people.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

Saint wrote:GG, you also list Seacore as town, what brought you to that conclusion?
Town thought process. Other stuff too. Not really important.

Also, why did you just quote our post, only to ridiculously paraphrase it into something we didn't say?
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:17 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

OGML: Why am I a town read? Sorry but having me in your town pile really makes me feel you are trying to go along with some other people.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I don't know dude, gut? I read your posts and I think 'Oh, this guy is town'
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Wow, alright, alright.
I know I've been adressed somwhere around here and good old Nexus suspected me.
Its getting confusing now, but basically, Nexus seems scum. I'l do a reread and a proper examination of the past few days tomorrow. Cause I gotta study today for something pretty big.

With that said, mfw we move yet again to another BW.
mfw I have no face.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 am

Post by LimMePls »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:Also why the sigh at us calling MOI scummy?
Because Chesskid calls MOI scum in EVERY GAME I'VE EVER SEEN THEM IN EVER? So I don't particularly trust that opinion.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

OGML wrote:and not long after he made it and there were hints of a ghost wagon coming back others come out of the woodwork to lend weight to a growing Nexus wagon.
Good fucking posting.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

GG wrote:Town thought process. Other stuff too. Not really important.
Not really important? Why is that?

V/LA on weekends
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am

Post by WrathChild »

Ythill wrote:
In #449, Wrath wrote:My most recent suspicion on SGR is that he is pushing for a quick end to the Day with the weight of the wagon on OGML. I think an OGML flip would tell us a ton about SGR.
This may be the biggest slip so far. Wrath is suspecting SGR based on the assumption of an OGML townflip while supposedly suspecting OGML. Double scumpoints.
Umm did I say townflip. Nope. I said flip. So if OGML flips town it will tell us one thing and if he flips scum it will tell us another thing. I have no idea where you got that I think OGML is town. I've been supporting his lynch this whole game.

(Commenting as I go)
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 am

Post by WrathChild »

Ythill wrote:So first you were asking permission for the hammer and now you are blaming us that you didn't?
This is actually a good comment aimed at Nexus.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:12 am

Post by WrathChild »

LynchMePls wrote:
Ythill wrote:So first you were asking permission for the hammer and now you are blaming us that you didn't?

Anyway... I have solid reads on 12/17 players, and leans on a few more. We've had a few decent wagons and two of my townreads are clamoring to end the day. I think I'm ready to start working on the lynch.

Ghostlin remains at the top of my suspect list by a decent margin. Ani and Nexus are the runners up. A lynch on any of them would be good. By the numbers, OGML, Apok, and Wrath have been sufficiently scummy that I wouldn't mind seeing them hang. However, that last bit from Wrath means I'd definitely vote him over OGML and so I'm going to stay away from that wagon unless there is some serious to hop back on.

I'm going to keep my vote where it is right now because it seems like this wagon is still building. If people want to start rallying the Ghost wagon, you can count on my vote there to seal the deal.
What I don't understand about this Ythill is that your vote carries a lot of weight. There are lots of players that view you as town, as evidenced by the election count. If Ghostlin is your number 1 scum read, you should be HELPING US GET THE WAGON GOING, not sitting around waiting to see if we can get it going, and only then coming over. Your vote will be a big drive in getting the Ghostlin wagon fired back up. So quit farting around and vote Ghostlin. You know he's scum, I know he's scum, and he knows he's scum.
The main reason I have not elect Ythill is because he seems to be so influential. I can't get a read on him and his ability to lead wagons is either really good if he is town or really bad if he is scum. LMP actually makes a valid point here in questioning Ythill's avoidance of a Ghostlin push.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

”This of it as being behind the scenes. Like in a theater or something. I just pulled us out of the audience and now we’re walking about backstage.”

Lynch Vote Count

Nexus (6) – Locke Lamora, Ythill, farside22, A Gaggle of Geese, Saint, AGar
OhGodMyLife (5) – MagnaofIllusion, WrathChild, SGRaaize, Seacore, Ghostlin
Ghostlin (3) – Llamafluff, LynchMePls, OhGodMyLife
SGRaaize (2) - animorpherv1, Nexus
AGar (1) – vezokpiraka
Vezokpiraka (1) - Apokalyptika

Not Voting (0):

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

--------------

Backstage Vote Count:
Top Four Players Go Backstage

Farside22 (10) – animorpherv1, farside22, Seacore, SGRaaize, AGar, Ythill, Apokalyptika, Locke Lamora, MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls
Ythill (9) – Llamafluff, Seacore, animorpherv1, Agar, SGRaaize, Vezokpiraka, Apokalyptika, Nexus, LynchMePls
A Gaggle of Geese (9) – Vezokpiraka, WrathChild, Ghostlin, Apokalyptika, AGar, Locke Lamora, OhGodMyLife, Nexus, LynchMePls
Seacore (7) – Ythill, Seacore, Vezokpiraka, A Gaggle of Geese, SGRaaize, WrathChild, Nexus
---
Llamafluff (6) – Ythill, Llamafluff, OhGodMyLife, animorpherv1, Locke Lamora, Saint
AGar (2) – WrathChild, MagnaofIllusion
Ghostlin (2) – A Gaggle of Geese, Ghostlin
MagnaofIllusion (2) – MagnaofIllusion, Saint
Locke Lamora (2) – farside22, Saint
Apokalyptika (2) – Llamafluff, OhGodMyLife

Not Voting (3):
A Gaggle of Geese x1, Ghostlin x1, farside22 x1

Today's deadline is March 19 at 6:00 PM EST
Last edited by Jahudo on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

WrathChild wrote:
What was the purpose of this post?

V/LA on weekends
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Saint »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
Saint wrote:GG, you also list Seacore as town, what brought you to that conclusion?
Town thought process. Other stuff too. Not really important.

Also, why did you just quote our post, only to ridiculously paraphrase it into something we didn't say?
It popped into my head and struck me the wrong way
I was wanting to see if you actually had any good reason to say that, which obviously you don't, furthering my feeling you guys are scum
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Saint »

I'd like to see a few people unelect seacore and elect llamafluff, because I dislike Gag wanting Seacore elected.

Also, i noticed in OGML's wall that he might know nexus is a mislynch. It's kinda iffy.
What do you guys think? Here's what he said:
Nexus is kinda scummy, but the timing of his wagon and the composition of his wagon make me think he's a convenient town counterwagon
I'm not ready to unvote, as I would want to put my vote on OGML, and he actually contributed. At the least, he gave people something to comment on that better players than I will be able to pick apart. I'm kind of questioning my vote now...
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm gonna go ahead and shift Saint into the scummy category after that one
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am

LynchMePls wrote:
A Gaggle of Geese wrote:Also why the sigh at us calling MOI scummy?
Because Chesskid calls MOI scum in EVERY GAME I'VE EVER SEEN THEM IN EVER? So I don't particularly trust that opinion.
This account isn't chesskid.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am

LynchMePls wrote:
GG wrote:Town thought process. Other stuff too. Not really important.
Not really important? Why is that?
Likelyhood of him being lynched is low.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 am

Post by WrathChild »

LynchMePls wrote:
WrathChild wrote:
I was reading and commenting on posts, there was no point beyond that I thought Ythill brought up a good point regarding Nexus' to-hammer or not-hammer comments. I'm still am not sold on the Nexus wagon and would prefer the OGML or Ani one.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

WrathChild wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
WrathChild wrote:
I was reading and commenting on posts, there was no point beyond that I thought Ythill brought up a good point regarding Nexus' to-hammer or not-hammer comments. I'm still am not sold on the Nexus wagon and would prefer the OGML or Ani one.
What about ghostlin? Prefer to ignore your scumbuddies altogether?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Seacore »

Unvote. Vote Ghost

I'm not as interested in a Nexus lynch today as a Ghost lynch. Can we all please pile back on the Ghost wagon.

People to lynch (in a vague order)
Ghost
OGML
Nexus
Animorph
Agar

People to ignore/vig
Saint
WC
Vezok

Null/Town reads (no point in breaking these up for the time being
Seacore
Ythill
GG
Farside
MoI
LMP
Llama
LL
Apoka
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Ythill »

Responses...

@Magna:
I didn't mention the part about VCA because it wasn't as underhanded or patently false as your other point.
farside wrote:@ythill: I was in one game with you and I don't recall you vote hopping as much as this game.

geezer mafia
You had 3 people you were will to vote on day 1. Very different from here.
Interesting that you mention this one, because it's the game that helped me redefine my playstyle. The D1 argument with townie Flay about the accuracy of early lynches shook my preconceptions and then watching the accuracy of the VCA in the late game gave me some ideas for approaches that were new to me then but commonplace now.

Here is a game shortly after Geezer where I started doing VCA. In In/vitational 7 I'd started to realize that D1 bandwagoning lead to better information. Less so in Tarot Mafia because I had role information to work with, but still more than Geezer, plus VCA. Big Love really helped cement the techniques after I replaced in and used primarily VCA to catch the entire scumteam. In Open 239, which AGar mentioned in the RVS, I was the SK but still used VCA to catch Fate-scum. Flash Mafia is a good example of wagonhopping + VCA and how they work together; incidentally, it was also the vollkan-exposure that tempted me into going back to a D1 behavioral point system. As a counterpoint, here's a recent game where I didn't wagon or use VCA because of problems with the setup; it ended with a scum win on page 10.
LMP wrote:What I don't understand about this Ythill is that your vote carries a lot of weight. There are lots of players that view you as town, as evidenced by the election count. If Ghostlin is your number 1 scum read, you should be HELPING US GET THE WAGON GOING, not sitting around waiting to see if we can get it going, and only then coming over.
You wrote this before OGML made that point you liked about the Ghost vs. Nexus dynamic. Do you still need me to answer? Info, baby.
Saint wrote:WATCH OUT FARSIDE YOU'LL ONLY HURT YOUR OWN CREDIBILITY
LOL. Y u mad tho?
Wrath wrote:Umm did I say townflip. Nope. I said flip. So if OGML flips town it will tell us one thing and if he flips scum it will tell us another thing.
Right, but you also said that SGL was scummy for rushing the OGML lynch. So the implication is that if OGML flips town, SGR is scum. And yes, I know that you're
saying
you find OGML suspicious, which is exactly why this particular slip was scummy enough to earn you double points.
Saint wrote:I'd like to see a few people unelect seacore and elect llamafluff, because I dislike Gag wanting Seacore elected.
Honorary town status notwithstanding, Llama has my eye on him at the moment and I have no interest in seeing him backstage. I have a solid town read on Seacore and a mixed town read on GG. I do intend to take another look at my elections today though.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”