Kdub (0):
Untrod Tripod (0):
Seraphim (4): Kdub, ToastyToast, Vi, CES
Nachomamma (1): Rhinox

Not voting:
Trying to go against the flow of all things:

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: Thursday March 24th
Last edited by Fate on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Oh, he's like Jack?

Ok... I see what you mean. I still hate it though.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 am

And furthermore, I still want him to answer my questions.

So the vote stands until he does.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote:
UK 94 wrote:I see where Vi is getting her twitch from 51, because she actually voted someone else for the same reason.
UK gets it.
:?

I see Vi voted LLD for something and Antitown for something else, but neither something nor something else looks like jahudo 51.

Jahudo's iso doesn't bother me right now because its too early to be worried about IIOA. I'm not even sure if everyone's made serious posts yet. I usually look through isos later in the day/game to see if anyone is consistently providing IIOA rather than scumhunting. Right now, everyone is still working their way into the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Vi »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:@Vi: why would ANYONE try and play against their win-con like that? If he's town, he's providing nothing in the form of content or reads for the town.
N
I'll be watching raocow,
I'll be leaving so a student can take a quiz early. We might get the same amount of intellectual fulfillment. :?

Rhinox - Antitown and Jahudo have mostly made posts that are trying to look Town/friendly more than anything else.
UT, CES, and even you are at least upfront about being contentless.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Jahudo wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Seraphim wrote:@GreyICE: how the fuck is that post waffling?
You
actually
feel
somewhat
more comfortable with your vote
however
?

Put an extra qualifier or two in there, I'm not sure it has enough conviction behind it.
I'm not seeing it. What about your other waffler claims?
Nice clear posting:

I feel comfortable with my vote.

What you did = someone not all that comfortable with what they're saying.

Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence?

Overdefensive.

Jahudo = good wagon.

So is Toasty.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox - Antitown and Jahudo have mostly made posts that are trying to look Town/friendly more than anything else.
You came to that conclusion from just one post?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:47 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Rhinox: I've seen most players producing some fairly solid reasoning and suspecting. Most of us are into the game.

@LLD: At least I THINK he's like Jack.

Not a whole lot else to say. See you all in 5 hours. Try not to produce 42 pages within this time~.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

What I'm getting at is, Vi pointed out a single particular post (jahudo 51) that made her twitch. When I asked about what about that post was the problem, I'm pointed to jahudo's entire iso and a string of "posts that are trying to look Town/friendly more than anything else." by both you and vi, which doesn't explain what about post 51 is twitch inducing.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 am

Rhinox wrote:What I'm getting at is, Vi pointed out a single particular post (jahudo 51) that made her twitch. When I asked about what about that post was the problem, I'm pointed to jahudo's entire iso and a string of "posts that are trying to look Town/friendly more than anything else." by both you and vi, which doesn't explain what about post 51 is twitch inducing.

We're not going to just give it to you...

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Kdub »

UK:
Fine, but I still got a bad feeling from your post, which isn't going to go away if that's the extent of your explanation.
GreyICE wrote:Nice clear posting:

Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence?

Overdefensive.

Jahudo = good wagon.
Wait, what? The original comment was made by Seraphim. Why are you attacking Jahudo for defensiveness when he's not even defending himself?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Ladyµß wrote:Explain your reasons behind your votes on Toasty and Seraphim.
Bandwagonning ho!

P.S. Claims of my Jackishness have been greatly exaggerated.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Rhinox wrote:What I'm getting at is, Vi pointed out a single particular post (jahudo 51) that made her twitch. When I asked about what about that post was the problem, I'm pointed to jahudo's entire iso and a string of "posts that are trying to look Town/friendly more than anything else." by both you and vi, which doesn't explain what about post 51 is twitch inducing.

We're not going to just give it to you...
clearly...

wait, who asked you :P
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Kdub wrote: I don't think this was a slip because you've been consistent in this opinion, but I don't understand how it encourages us to not look for scum. First of all, how do you propose that we would "look" for this random player unless they either claim or there is some sort of action that reveals them? Also, why is does that exclude looking for scum?
It shifts attention away from them by looking for someone who could be town. This is in contrast to a normal game of mafia, as every townie is looking for scum. I have already argued against it, but IF we were to look for a bounty, I would still want the game to carry on as usual. 1) The person should only claim if they have a terrible bounty power; that way we get a large benefit or 2) If there is no character reveal and people are looking for the bounty, then the player with the bounty on his head will probably be acting different. In other words, he or she would be attracting attention to themselves. Honestly, my plan for that is not very thought out, mainly because I would rather ignore the mechanic.
GreyICE wrote: Nice clear posting:
I feel comfortable with my vote. What you did = someone not all that comfortable with what they're saying. Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence. Overdefensive. Jahudo = good wagon. So is Toasty.
You sure change your mind quite a lot for someone with substantial gut-reads. A vote on Rhinox, my "scum-slip," and now suspicion on Jahudo? Are you picking people who don't have a lot of votes on them for a reason?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Jahudo »

GreyICE wrote:
Jahudo wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Seraphim wrote:@GreyICE: how the fuck is that post waffling?
You
actually
feel
somewhat
more comfortable with your vote
however
?

Put an extra qualifier or two in there, I'm not sure it has enough conviction behind it.
I'm not seeing it. What about your other waffler claims?
Nice clear posting:

Overdefensive.

Jahudo = good wagon.

So is Toasty.
What I did? Or do you mean Seraphim? You are confusing the heck out of me right now.
I want to know why you think Seraphim's post is waffling. How do those qualifiers lack conviction to you? I think differently.

"Actually" looks more like a "Yes" than a conditional term here, because nothing is being weighed against the actually that we can tell. "Somewhat" is just a degree of confidence which is understandable at this point. But "however" doesn't really look like anything one way or the other. I don't see any indication that it is conditionally applied to something that would let him retract his opinion. Therefore I don't know what Grey is on about calling it a waffle.

A more important question to ask is why Seraphim is more confident about his UK vote. @Seraphim?

----
I agree with Kdub that scum likely have a safeclaim, and even if they didn't there could still be characters that look bad and are town bounty hunters / look good and are scum. And I agree that Sera's speculation looks uncharacteristic, but I don't see how its suspicious. Maybe Sera knows some inside information. I think his talking looks innocent right now, not malicious or opportunistic in any way. So if he talks at some point, I guess that means he thinks its the right time to do so. Until then, I guess it isn't and like UK I don't see the need to press him about it.

---
@ToastyToast: Do you think scum wouldn't have safeclaims in a theme game like this? Why not? I find it strange that you townpoints to whoever has Andy's role just like that, because I don't think it has any alignment indication at all.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:
GreyICE wrote: Nice clear posting:
I feel comfortable with my vote. What you did = someone not all that comfortable with what they're saying. Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence. Overdefensive. Jahudo = good wagon. So is Toasty.
You sure change your mind quite a lot for someone with substantial gut-reads. A vote on Rhinox, my "scum-slip," and now suspicion on Jahudo? Are you picking people who don't have a lot of votes on them for a reason?
I operate on gut reads and change my mind a lot?

News to me.

I pick on people who are scummy. You're scummy. You get picked on.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Seraphim »

I think my comment was directed towards:
UK wrote:My apologies for forcing that much out.
It felt overly apologetic, like she wanted to dodge accusations of roleclaiming. It was unnecessary when I felt the point was put out just fine that she wasn't going to press the point. I'm not so sure about whether or not it's a scumtell but it definitely felt off to me at the time. It still feels off actually.
You actually feel somewhat more comfortable with your vote however?
my vote was "random" before. However means it was an afterthought, a contrast with my previous statement. Somewhat means not all the way, but still stronger than a random vote. Actually means it has transitioned to a more serious vote. I don't see any waffling. Jahudo lines it up pretty nice.
You're better than this, so what's holding you back?
I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth hunting/lynching the bounty today.

Unvote
Vote: GreyICE

I smell rhetoric.
If this post contained more waffles Seraphim could open a diner.
I have a gut read of my own. You're scum. It's a good gut read. Flavor mechanics, IoA, setup speculation, and more waffles than Jahudo.
Then he backs off.
Deciding to take my comment as a serious accusation rather than an offhand comment about the sentence? Overdefensive.
Also more rhetoric. Looks like baseless qualifiers for weak votes.
self-meta fail.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

I backed off?

Tell me, where is my vote right now?

Oh.

Rhetoric. The art of speaking clearly. Logic. The art of thinking clearly. You are exercising neither.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Seraphim »

If this post contained more waffles Seraphim could open a diner. Not liking him.
to
You use waffling as if it's scummy. Therefore, calling my statement waffling means that you believe my actions are scummy. All of a sudden, the comment becomes an "offhand statement". You're backpedalling, backtracking, what the fuck ever. I think it's backpedalling.

Logic has no place in a game of Mafia.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

Perhaps I should have said "wikitells" instead of rhetoric. But I think people should be able to tell what I mean.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 am

Post by GreyICE »

Seraphim wrote:
If this post contained more waffles Seraphim could open a diner. Not liking him.
to
You use waffling as if it's scummy. Therefore, calling my statement waffling means that you believe my actions are scummy. All of a sudden, the comment becomes an "offhand statement". You're backpedalling, backtracking, what the fuck ever. I think it's backpedalling.

Logic has no place in a game of Mafia.
I'm backpeddling? It was an offhand comment. Your post was scummy.

One scummy post does not make you scum, as I will happily link you to game after game where townies make perfectly scummy posts.

This reaction? Yeah. That does it for me.

Unvote

Vote: Seraphim

Logic has no place in a game of Mafia my ASS. Logic is what I like to operate on.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

Logic is what I like to operate on.
You make me laugh.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

I still don't get how his post was waffling or scummy. :/
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

The laughter sounds nervous to me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Try
Seraphim wrote:
Logic is what I like to operate on.
You make me laugh.
Try actually reading things, Seraphim.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”