MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Locke wrote:I actually found Apok the scummiest when I asked you because it seemed like the AGar vote was very forced and it took a lot of effort for her to work up a reason to vote for anyone at all. Then Nexus came up with his scum-tastic OGML post and went up my rankings.
Oh I agree that Apok’s post on AGar is horrible. I guess I just value low contributors who actually give reasoning (however bad) with their posts. It is easier to hold someone accountable (site meta wise, anyway) for what they actually said then for not saying anything.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Nexus »

@Locke probably the fact I was v/la for what seemed like longer than I was. A combination of illness and confusion, I think. Plus the fact there was someone at L-1 already.
Trans rights are human rights.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Jahudo »

”Nobody ever told Paul Bunyan stories. Nobody ever believed in Paul Bunyan. He came staggering out of a New York ad agency in 1910 and filled the nation’s myth stomach with empty calories.”

Llamafluff is V/LA until March 9.

Lynch Vote Count

OhGodMyLife (7) – AGar, MagnaofIllusion, WrathChild, SGRaaize, Seacore, Ghostlin, Saint
AGar (4) – Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, OhGodMyLife, Ythill
Ghostlin (2) - werewolf555, Llamafluff
A Gaggle of Geese (1) – farside22
SGRaaize (1) - animorpherv1
Llamafluff (1) – Nexus
Farside22 (1) - A Gaggle of Geese
Nexus (1) – Locke Lamora

Not Voting (0):

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

--------------

Backstage Vote Count:
Top Four Players Go Backstage

Farside22 (11) – animorpherv1, farside22, Seacore, SGRaaize, AGar,
Ythill, Apokalyptika, Locke Lamora, Saint, werewolf555, MagnaofIllusion
Ythill (11) – Llamafluff, Seacore, animorpherv1, Agar, farside22, SGRaaize, Vezokpiraka, Apokalyptika, Saint, werewolf555, Nexus
A Gaggle of Geese (9) – Vezokpiraka, WrathChild, Ghostlin, Apokalyptika, AGar, Llamafluff, Locke Lamora, OhGodMyLife, Nexus
Seacore (8) – Ythill, Seacore, Vezokpiraka, A Gaggle of Geese, SGRaaize, WrathChild, werewolf555, Nexus
---
Llamafluff (5) – Ythill, Llamafluff, OhGodMyLife, animorpherv1, Locke Lamora
AGar (4) – farside22, WrathChild, Saint, MagnaofIllusion
Ghostlin (2) – A Gaggle of Geese, Ghostlin
MagnaofIllusion (1) – MagnaofIllusion
SGRaaize (1) – OhGodMyLife

Not Voting (2):
A Gaggle of Geese x1, Ghostlin x1

Today's deadline is March 19 at 6:00 PM EST
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Nexus »

unvote
I forgot I hadn't done this.
Trans rights are human rights.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Seacore »

I really don't like long Day 1s, they dilute how effective these early bandwagons are because all somebody needs to say is "hey, we still have crap long, lets try something else" and knowing somebody can do that means the wagons are much less informative.

I'm not really interested in this AGar wagon that is around. Apok seems to be basing most of it on connections that can't be confirmed yet, Vezok is vezok and OGML is my number one scum pick. Ythill being on it doesn't change my mind, the wagon is crap.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

Although Nexus's reactions to the OGML wagon are pretty scummy and if Nexus is scum, it's unlikely that OGML is. But that's the only thing that's giving me pause.

But that pause will have me jumping back to Ghostlin
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Ythill »

Saint wrote:Ythill, that is scummy regardless of your meta, and needs to be hammered out of you
See? You don't even know what "scummy" means.
Saint wrote:Ythill... receiving scumpoints for deterring this easy lynch
I didn't deter anything except unnecessary rushing. Why is the ease of the lynch worth mentioning?

@Magna:
Congratulations on being the master of pointless questions. I'm going to indulge you this once, because I'm in a good mood, but don't get used to it. Also, I noticed that your suspect list is two leading alternatives to OGML, a VI, and a guy who isn't here. Safe-stance much?
MoI wrote:(1) How are scum forced to waste kills? (2) And how does that process leave PRs alive.
  1. By killing people twice.
  2. I mean the ones that were never killed. And stop role fishing.
MoI wrote:Are Seacore and Llama the only players who met that criteria for you pre-game?
Yes, obv. Otherwise I would have included more people. See what I mean about pointless questions?
MoI wrote:If you are so used to being killed early on in games why have you developed a Day 1 playstyle that creates useful information late game when you don’t expect to be alive?
This question would be pointless even in MD, or in a normal game. I play to my wincon; if/when I die, other players can continue to exploit the information. In this game, it's a doubly pointless question.
MoI wrote:Is Saint one of those Nine?
No. What I said wouldn't make any sense if he was.
MoI wrote:If not why does his having a contrary opinion on what is a game-play choice cost him credibility? Just because you offer that it is Null doesn’t require everyone to ascribe to that.
It's not my offering that will cost him credibility, but their knowledge. Have you ever seen what happens to people who suspect UK for RVSing the mod? Or Jack for making multiple obvious fake-claims? OR DGB for using her scumputer? Same thing.
Seacore wrote:I really don't like long Day 1s...
I know. I don't intend to push this anywhere near deadline but OGML lynch was too quick for several reasons including the need for more wagon data, Llama being absent, and OGML himslef being on V/LA.

AGar wagon isn't happening with you guys pooh-poohing it. Party poopers.

UNVOTE: AGar
VOTE: Nexus
I'm pretty sure this one is parked on a hill. Let's get it rolling.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

MOI is scummy.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

So you disagree with Ythill’s and AGar’s presented theories about driving wagons (even on Null and Town reads) Day 1 to create mineable information for Day 4 to 5?
Yeah, I don't like my town reads being wagoned, sorry thought that was obvious from the comment, really. Not sure about mineable information either, since vote count analysis is pure crap, but I respect that not everyone disagrees with me on that.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Ythill »

I've gone back and forth on the Magna slot. Have let my notes slip over the last couple of days because I've been busy. Need to reread the last page or three.
The Mod wrote:Farside22 (11) – animorpherv1, farside22, Seacore, SGRaaize, AGar,
Ythill, Apokalyptika, Locke Lamora, Saint, werewolf555, MagnaofIllusion
Ythill (11) – Llamafluff, Seacore, animorpherv1, Agar, farside22, SGRaaize, Vezokpiraka, Apokalyptika, Saint, werewolf555, Nexus
A Gaggle of Geese (9) – Vezokpiraka, WrathChild, Ghostlin, Apokalyptika, AGar, Llamafluff, Locke Lamora, OhGodMyLife, Nexus
Seacore (8) – Ythill, Seacore, Vezokpiraka, A Gaggle of Geese, SGRaaize, WrathChild, werewolf555, Nexus
It's interesting that there is such wide agreement here and I look forward to seeing this count with cardflips in it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Yeah, I'm not changing my vote, in fact, regardless of how scummy I am, I ain't talking today either.
This day just got boring and informationless, at this point, unless something huge pops up, we won't advance and we'l only create discussion. Someone hammer, please.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

We'l only create confusion* Derp
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Seacore »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:MOI is scummy.
This was my gut reaction too, however, look at Aqua Teen Hunger Force Mafia .

Apart from being a case study in terrible games, MoI was town there and came off very similarly. He asks lots of questions of people more in an attempt to gauge reaction then to find answers.
Arguments about whether it's effective or not (and overall I tend to find MoI effective in all roles) aside, he's hardly displaying scum-only meta here.

If you've got more on the case of his scuminess then I'm all ears, because like I said, it was a gut reaction too, but one that I made myself check.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

I'm really sorry, but some
Major
stuff in my life has popped up.

/replace out
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Jahudo »

No problem. I'll start looking for a replacement for werewolf555 now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Seacore wrote:If you've got more on the case of his scuminess then I'm all ears, because like I said, it was a gut reaction too, but one that I made myself check.
He doesn’t. I’d wager that is the Chesskid head speaking. It’s his MO to repeat it endlessly because quite frankly he’s a little troll and I tell him so constantly.

I’ll be more than happy to share my Sercret Invasion story that shows why I pretty much ignore him now.

--
Ythill wrote:@Magna: Congratulations on being the master of pointless questions. I'm going to indulge you this once, because I'm in a good mood, but don't get used to it. Also, I noticed that your suspect list is two leading alternatives to OGML, a VI, and a guy who isn't here. Safe-stance much?
Sorry, I’m not about to take flak about whether my approach to scum-hunting is pointless from someone who thinks running wagons up and down everyone Day 1 is going to provide useful information. Hint – it’s not as you’ve made it a pointless exercise in follow the leader. I’ll ask you whatever questions I see fit.

If you want to throw rocks at my suspect list let me just have a look at your lastest iteration -
Ythill ISO 39 wrote:Scum (in order): Ghost, ani, OGML, Apok
So your list is OGML (my number 1), Ghost (a leading alternative to OGML), ani (who is also on my list) and Apok (VI).

Hello Captain Hypocricy. You table at the ‘Oops I just slammed someone for something I am doing’ Café is ready for you.

But let’s address your soft-defense of Llama – why exactly again should I not be suspicious of him since I find his play so far suspect simply because he’s on V/LA again?
Ythill wrote:Yes, obv. Otherwise I would have included more people. See what I mean about pointless questions?
Nope, as I wanted to be certain the list of players you listed as qualifying for your rather stupid standard is small.
Ythill wrote:This question would be pointless even in MD, or in a normal game. I play to my wincon; if/when I die, other players can continue to exploit the information. In this game, it's a doubly pointless question.
Appeal to repetition much? Stating things are pointless over and over doesn’t make it true. I’m just judging how far you are going to take your ‘I always wagon Day 1 and do my late Day scum-hunting via VC analysis’ stance. Because in the game we briefly played together (where you were Town) you certainly didn’t do either.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Ythill »

Yes I did. Probably would have done the latter more if your double vote and paranoia about playstyle differences hadn't lead to you mislynching me.
Magna wrote:Hello Captain Hypocricy. You table at the ‘Oops I just slammed someone for something I am doing’ Café is ready for you.
Difference is, I am at least partially responsible for making those popular candidates popular. You're riding coattails.

And yes, you can ask me whatever you want, and then I can tell you where to stick your mental masturbation.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Ythill »

Oh wait. I just went to find that game and it looks like I was mistaking you for MacavityLock. :oops:

What game are you talking about?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

Saint - I feel dirty reading saint's post. The kind that make me want to take a shower now, dirty. I don't like his kissing the ass of ythill post, I don't like his post to me. I really don't like his following. Well now were getting somewhere. God I thought I was going to be sick there. He's at least questing a few things but I don't get his post/attack on ythill. And his "case" on Seacore is also inaccurate. In short I want to go take a shower yuck feel.

Seacore - why do people have seacore as town? So far he defended WC, told him to calm down, voted for Ghost on meta from another game (without an explination what differences). What about OGML's post did you not like? Ythill votes for people not on his scum list or down on the list that is BW what is the difference with what OGML did and Ythill? Do you think that OGML lynch is happening this moment? hmmmm his comment about the Agar/OGML gives me something to chew on for a bit.

Locke Lamora - WTH! Where the fuck was this scum hunting in other games dude. *mutter other colorful curse words* I actually have a town read, wtf man. Scum hunts (check), questions people (check) makes valid arguments (check), no one else has noted this. WTF. Knowing my luck with LL and our history my town read will mean he's scum in this game. :lol:

Agar wrote:I read a higher level of commitment to the wagon from him as it gained steam, which happened after I gave my (Fate's, in all truthfulness) theory on large game wagonning and consolidation, and he said the theory was essentially bunk.
So your theory so far is that your statment is that he has a higher level of commitment on the wagon......

unelect Agar

elect LL

Needless to say I find that a bit reaching. A person who feels someone is scum will push on the lynch too, or as you stated have a higher level of commitment to the wagon. I don't like people who use idea's and twist things to make someone looks scummier.

I still have WC and SGR to rereview, but honestly I'm dreading it. I have another game I need to give serious considerations, so I will get back to those 2 when I'm done there.
Maybe drink something to dull the soon to be headache.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Ythill »

far wrote:Locke Lamora... town read... no one else has noted this.
Bzzzzzzt.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Yhtill wrote:Difference is, I am at least partially responsible for making those popular candidates popular. You're riding coattails.
No difference at all. You haven’t built solid cases. You’ve been exercising your “Look at me I can bandwagon as many people as possible” muscles. Let’s take a little spin back down the thread shall we -

341 – this is my post where I make my case that OGML is scum.

Your posts that identify him as such before hand?

139– You state he is dropping some Town-tells but you don’t like his stance of SGR. In this post he neither merits being listed as either scum or person of interest.

230– You vote him for the solid reason of ZOOOOOM. But wait, at 326 you unvote OGML to jump back to Ghostlin. At that point OGML had only one other vote – AGar’s.

These are the only posts you have at all that even suggest you think OGML might be scum. Nothing solid or conclusive. In fact the first time you vote for him it's just your pointless wagonning as opposed to actual suspicion. Yet the wagon actually does take off after I place my vote and suspicions. So please don’t try to pretend I’m riding your coat-tail.
Yhtill wrote:And yes, you can ask me whatever you want, and then I can tell you where to stick your mental masturbation.
Same place you can stick your overblown ego.
Ythill wrote:Oh wait. I just went to find that game and it looks like I was mistaking you for MacavityLock.

What game are you talking about?
AGM’s Mini Normal Classic Mafia. The game where you spent Day 1 as Jesus and formed a voting block with the 2 of the 3 scum Day 3 that sealed the deal for them. Yeah, I know that wasn’t your intention but that’s where it ended up.

--
farside wrote:Locke Lamora - WTH! Where the fuck was this scum hunting in other games dude. *mutter other colorful curse words* I actually have a town read, wtf man. Scum hunts (check), questions people (check) makes valid arguments (check), no one else has noted this. WTF. Knowing my luck with LL and our history my town read will mean he's scum in this game.
Refresh my memory farside … did you have a Town read on Locke in /invitiational 8? I find his play similar here to there.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

Refresh my memory farside … did you have a Town read on Locke in /invitiational 8? I find his play similar here to there.
I figure it was scum read, but I don't remember......
farside from invitation wrote:Scummy people thus far:
Porochaz
Charlie
MOI
Locke
I don't see the similar play looking at it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

WC - What suspicion do you have in regards to SGR? Alright after some newb moments I found WC not so bad to read. I don't mind his scum read so much as I'm surprised that he only has 2 people he listed as scum. I'm going to put WC at null and to be watched.

SGR- I don't care for SGR 3 people he wants to vote. All 3 had stated a issue with him. The worst one is LL. Why wasn't OGML on the list? Why do you think OGML is a townie that is not trying hard, rather then scum making a crap case? What reason did you find was valid against OGML? Why do you think there is enough info for the day to end?
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Saint »

Somehow I completely missed Locke's unvote, that is where that came from, MoI.
Add Locke to Ythill, and Nexus in the deterring of the lynch. Nexus didn't even unvote with it, so I don't see why that wagon is there, though in terms of him as a player I wouldn't mind the lynch. However, I'm just not seeing him as scum. I am viewing him as newish town, something I definitely am good at spotting.

I am suspicious of Ythill now. His vote has been way too spread out, and he doesn't even see a problem with that. He is also directly attacking my credibility, which is hurtful to the town.

unelect: Ythill
elect: MoI
unvote;

VOTE: Ythill
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Just got back from out of town, will do a catchup tomorrow.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”