Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:57 am

Post by VisMaior »

Who are you to tell me that...
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:06 am

Post by W!nt3r »

VisMaior wrote:Who are you to tell me that...
The guy you voted for without explaination, or at least sufficient explaination. That's who I am.
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:07 am

Post by VisMaior »

Oh, but cant you see I was threatened?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:17 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Than you should have a reason to feel as such...
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:20 am

Post by VisMaior »

Are you threatening me?

Ok I voted because I felt the game is dieing down. Reason enough for me, on day 1.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Thanks. Thats all I wanted...
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:24 am

Post by VisMaior »

Your welcome.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 am

Post by W!nt3r »

... you're right... This game has died down considerably...
Strategy, smategy.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

inHimshallibe wrote:I am growing suspicious of those detracting from the runups of W!nt3r and/or JechtMurray. Lynching provides good information. Those going off in 500 different ways just don't help in the first couple of Days.
You think scum would really be protecting eachother? Isn't that asking to die if one is lynched and found scummy?

I will not vote for W!nt3r. I would vote for Jecht, if it comes to that, but after my first suspicions, I haven't found much wrong with his play. Maybe he made a good recovery and really is scum, or maybe he was just being a silly townie. Right now, I think inHim is being scummy by trying to peer pressure people into jumping on a bandwagon that they don't agree with. Bandwagons are fine, as far as I'm concerned, but not just to "get information." I say we get information on someone we think is scummy. Namely, inHim :P
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:11 am

Post by JechtMurray »

elvis_knits wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:I am growing suspicious of those detracting from the runups of W!nt3r and/or JechtMurray. Lynching provides good information. Those going off in 500 different ways just don't help in the first couple of Days.
You think scum would really be protecting eachother? Isn't that asking to die if one is lynched and found scummy?

I will not vote for W!nt3r. I would vote for Jecht, if it comes to that, but after my first suspicions, I haven't found much wrong with his play. Maybe he made a good recovery and really is scum, or maybe he was just being a silly townie. Right now, I think inHim is being scummy by trying to peer pressure people into jumping on a bandwagon that they don't agree with. Bandwagons are fine, as far as I'm concerned, but not just to "get information." I say we get information on someone we think is scummy. Namely, inHim :P
I agree. Inhim's tried to bandwagon a few times, and never provided anything other than 'Har! I want to lynch x-person.

He'll probably just unvote W1nt3r and vote me now, but I can deal with that, I seem to be getting used to the attention. :oops:

Vote:Inhimshallbe

That's who I feel is most scummy right now.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:27 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

JechtMurray wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:

I agree. Inhim's tried to bandwagon a few times, and never provided anything other than 'Har! I want to lynch x-person.

He'll probably just unvote W1nt3r and vote me now, but I can deal with that, I seem to be getting used to the attention.
:oops:

Vote:Inhimshallbe

That's who I feel is most scummy right now.
That won't be necessary...
I wrote:Unvote
Vote: JechtMurray
elvis - I've listed 5 people in the snipped post of mine above. I'll have reason for them to hang no later than the end of today.
I think on Day 1 it is more likely for scum not to vote each other, unless it's just inevitable - like a claimed guilty investigation, and then only one might pile on to the vote. Do you really think that all of Jecht and/or W!nt3r's partners would vote for them?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree scum won't vote for eachother until they have to, but they won't defend eachother. Also, if there was a guilty investigation, yes, I could see them all piling on to avoid suspicion.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:39 am

Post by W!nt3r »

InHimShallibe wrote:elvis - I've listed 5 people in the snipped post of mine above. I'll have reason for them to hang no later than the end of today.
What five people do you speak of?

Do you mean end of the game's day or end of Jan. 9?
Strategy, smategy.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

The 5 are in my post 191. And, I capitalize "Today" when speaking of the game's Days.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:16 am

Post by W!nt3r »

inHimshallibe wrote:The 5 are in my post 191. And, I capitalize "Today" when speaking of the game's Days.
Thanks.
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:18 am

Post by W!nt3r »

inHimshallibe wrote:Here are the people under my suspicion at the moment. I'll go through later and back these up. I won't now because I'm tired.
inHim's mafia picks: JechtMurray, lostprophet, StrykkerVerde
I'm pretty good with bandwagoning: the above 3, W!nt3r, cropcircles
Won't be getting a vote from me Today: Macros

Unvote
What is the difference between

The two classifications? This is just for self clearification as I would like to know where you're coming from.
Strategy, smategy.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: sinister_bunny, vote: JechtMurray
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

W!nt3r wrote:
Vote Count Please
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:05 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote count would be helpful...

haven't caught up reading wise yet.
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:02 am

Post by Crola »

Vote Count:

1 TSAGod
(Coron)
7 Commodore Amazing
(Pooky, Strykker, Macros, PeaceBringer, Smilax, Bigbenwd, spamwise)
1 elvis_knits
(Aureal)
1 Cropcircles
(diggy)
1 Lostprophet
(MoS)
7 Jecht
(Nightfall, Cropcircles, Tyfo, HeZLucky, Bamboomancer, Jecht, inhim, CA)
5 w!nt3r
(Sotty, ibaesha, TSAGOD, armlx, VisMajor)
2 inhim
(elvis_knits, Jecht)
0 No Lynch

7 Not Voting
(bethelmark, dranko, roland, sinister_bunny, nonny, W!nt3r, Lostprophet)

17 to lynch. Sorry about the delay guys, I was a little busy.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
unvote: sinister_bunny, vote: JechtMurray
There you are again. Why were you voting Sinister Bunny? Why have you suddenly abandoned that idea? I'm still posting even though now that I've got a few votes on me, scum are going to take any opinions as a sign of being scum. I'm not afraid to keep posting, as long as it gets people posting I'll keep at it so more scum can out themselves.

And where the hell are all those lurkers? Why are none of them being mentioned more than a single post? Why has no one been replaced? There are still people with like 2 posts and someone with NO POSTS.

I dread to think how many scum are sitting in the lurker pile not having to say anything other than hopping on either bandwagon.

So how about it people? Lets start talking more than just making hops onto bandwagons.

I think I'm going to do a post history on one or two people. If it's really going to come down to all the scum piling on me as much as possible, I really need to let people know where to look tomorrow.

Stay tuned.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:33 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Well, I might as well start with Inhimshall be, he's already trying to bandwagon me so it can't hurt. That much >_<'
Fairly long post

Full Post History- Early game posts

Hmmm... apparently we have something a-rolling.

Works for me Smile.

Vote: Commodore Amazing - Bandwagon, ho! [/thundercats]
Here we have the obligatory vote in the first post. Individually, this post's nothing much to be worried about. Everyone tends to random vote in their first post... except this is on the first bandwagon. Except, considering CA's behavior since the bandwagon and Inhim's aparrent unwillingness to consider CA as a legitimate information bandwagon later on, I'd take this is a token scum buddy vote.
Pfft... CA, I should've known you were good. My apologies.

Unvote
Vote: cropcircles - for his most recent post.
Oops! Quick unvote. Here's another vote, on anyone really. It doesn't really matter.
Now I have the feeling that cropcircles is creating a fake right in front of our very eyes. Let's lynch him!
Err... what? A bit bloodthirsty considering it's 'a feeling'. A nice post to try and derail the (at the time) growing CA bandwagon isn't it? That's 3 posts so far with nothing but "Lynch!" in it.

Notice that these are all before I make my stupid statement, and before I point out his generally useless posts in my monster posts.

Rest of game

elvis_knits wrote:
vote inHim because I find him to be the least helpful at the moment

I'm hurt. I really am.

Let me catch up, and I'll try and be a bit more "helpful."

Here are the people under my suspicion at the moment. I'll go through later and back these up. I won't now because I'm tired.
inHim's mafia picks: JechtMurray, lostprophet, StrykkerVerde
I'm pretty good with bandwagoning: the above 3, W!nt3r, cropcircles
Won't be getting a vote from me Today: Macros
So, Elvis notices that his posts are generally a bit weak. Places a vote on so that maybe some people might notice. *ding!* Perhaps he'd better start posting proper now right?

He said he'd back them up, he hasn't really done so yet. Needing time to make up reasons? ;) He names some people he claims thinks is scum, right, but what's more telling is that there are a couple of people that he wouldn't mind bandwagoning as well. He doesn't actually seem to care who he bandwagons. Cropcircles was an early target for an attempted Wagon, but no one really wanted to go with that.
I am growing suspicious of those detracting from the runups of W!nt3r and/or JechtMurray. Lynching provides good information. Those going off in 500 different ways just don't help in the first couple of Days.
No one's trying to detract from anything. The 'W!nt3r run up' was nothing. He encouraged people to bandwagon him in his own posts. Hardly anyone really thought it was worth a vote.

As for mine, of course
I'm
going to try and put off my lynching. I've posted reasoning behind my actions, and my opinions at every point possible. I'm encouraging posting. With the amount of lurking in this came, I probably shouldn't have said anything about you and just sat back.

But I feel it's in the town's best interests to judge for themselves by my posting and other people's posts. When I make you, for example, start posting more than token posts, people get to see more of you. That hurts no one apart from you because all you do is try to bandwagon, and me because more people will inevitably try to pounce on me.

Incidentaly, why wouldn't you want to try and get a CA information bandwagon? If his claim's as safe as he assumes claims, surely it can't hurt the town any more than you lynching a different townie?

If he's a mason (on of the few easily confirmable roles) then would get a nice confirmed townie and a good place to start working from. If he's another investigator (and found Sinister Bunny guilty, like he may be hinting at with his fairly random vote) then we have a strong doctor target and someone to listen to in the rest of the game.

If he has a fake claim, we might see through it? What's the real reason behind CA not being an option?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:13 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

First of all, you won't
make
me start posting in any fashion. I've had quite the time over my winter break to consistently find adequately lengthy periods of time to make the proper posts.

As for why CA not being an option. None of his posts really clue me in to scumminess.
Jecht wrote:He doesn't actually seem to care who he bandwagons.
This is spin. I specifically listed only 5 people.

To whomever was asking about the difference between my two classifications - the ones I wouldn't mind bandwagoning are people that good information can come from reading into the voting patterns in their lynches, just based upon the interaction I've seen these players have with others.
Show

:

JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

Eek! Sorry guys, I missed the the last two of Inhim's posts.
inhim wrote:That won't be necessary...
I wrote:
Unvote

elvis - I've listed 5 people in the snipped post of mine above. I'll have reason for them to hang no later than the end of today.
="ElvisKnitsQuote:
I think on Day 1 it is more likely for scum not to vote each other, unless it's just inevitable - like a claimed guilty investigation, and then only one might pile on to the vote. Do you really think that all of Jecht and/or W!nt3r's partners would vote for them?
And

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:47 pm Post subject:
The 5 are in my post 191. And, I capitalize "Today" when speaking of the game's Days.
And as I've just noticed Inhim posting while I make this one, I'll just respond to that one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”