Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ythill: *points to sig*

I'm currently in one other game, dead in one, and modding one. Plus I've played on other websites. Probably reaching around 20 games now.

vote: Llamafluff
You fiend. (Battousai's Mountainous Mafia)

Question: Those who are currently electing, are they random votes, or are you actually electing the people you want to send backstage?

Finally,
I've still got the flu and am kinda busy this weekend. v/la until Tuesday morning. I should be alright before then, but I don't want to risk not warning you
Trans rights are human rights.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Ythill wrote:I see a fair number of unfamiliar faces in the player list. That's what I get for inning based on flavor. Nexus, Tasky, Ghost, SGR, Saint, Apoc, Wrath: what is your level of experience?
Oh, I'm experienced alright, I just suck
I don't random vote but since Wrath has already managed to drop a scumtell...
lolwut?
WrathChild wrote:I'm still not used to the fact that the lack of a Random Vote in the RVS is seen as scummy.
Last time I heard, it isn't
Ythill wrote:
@Wrath:
Thanks for your answer, and for confirming that you are scum. Hint: my read has nothing to do with your failure to RV.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I agree with Llama; discussing the possibilities of who to sacrifice/resurrect is pointless when we don't have any flips. If there's someone we want to resurrect then we should sacrifice a scumread, not specifically keep someone around for a policy sacrifice. With that in mind:

Vote: Agar
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

WrathChild wrote: I just want to add that I'm primarily a 9-5 PST poster on the weekdays and mostly offline on the weekends.
Is there a particular reason you mentioned this?

Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

Completed games: Newbie 751 (town, endgamed, scum win), Newbie 836 (scum, lynched Day 3, town win), and Ladies Night (town, survived, town win).
Current games: This one

Random vote: Nexus
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Seacore »

Locke Lamora wrote:
WrathChild wrote: I just want to add that I'm primarily a 9-5 PST poster on the weekdays and mostly offline on the weekends.
unvote. vote Locke

unelect Locke
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:49 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

vote werewolf
Policy.

elect: myself(townie town town:D) seacore and farachess hydra
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Ythill »

Nexus wrote:Question: Those who are currently electing, are they random votes...
Already said I don't random vote and that I will be electing self + top two townreads. Since I have no actual townreads yet, honorary town (aka good enough as town that lynching them D1 is poor risk-reward) are at the top. I should probably put Saint at honorary too, though I have less experience with Furc.

Thanks for your answers, peeps. Enough with the random voting though. Unless you have a better suspect than Wrath, pile on over here please.

Scumpoint for LL. SGR gets a townie brownie. The rest is *yawn* meh.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Ythill: Please don't tell me you are referring to the OMGUS vote my wraith as scummy?
Are you a really going to tell me page 1 that scum are going to come in say hi I'm scum and do the most obvious thing?

wait........reads wraith's response.

unvote:
vote: wraith
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 am

Post by SGRaaize »

ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Locke Lamora wrote:
Is there a particular reason you asked about that?

FOS: Locke Lamora

Ythill wrote:Scumpoint for LL. SGR gets a townie brownie. The rest is *yawn* meh.
What's your reasoning on WraithChild? I am sorry, but your vote-lynch makes no sense
farside22 wrote:Ythill: Please don't tell me you are referring to the OMGUS vote my wraith as scummy?
Are you a really going to tell me page 1 that scum are going to come in say hi I'm scum and do the most obvious thing?

wait........reads wraith's response.

unvote:
vote: wraith
Wraith's response changes nothing, in this sequence:
WrathChild wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
vote:WraithChild
for forgetting to random vote.
OMGUS VOTE: Ani
Ythill wrote:Yeah, because clearly I'm counting on shotty to replace in and self-hammer in endgame. :roll:

I see a fair number of unfamiliar faces in the player list. That's what I get for inning based on flavor. Nexus, Tasky, Ghost, SGR, Saint, Apoc, Wrath: what is your level of experience?

I'm loving the sacrifice mechanic. If you fuckers don't revive me before LYLO I will design a bastard invitational for the sole purpose of modkilling you... or something. Also, please save one sacrifice for just before LYLO to improve PoE (like a nolynch at MYLO, only better). Going Backstage is kinda meh, but I've got a couple ideas for how we might make the best of it. It's also a way to mark top townreads.

Elect: Ythill, Llama, Seacore
(honorary only)

I don't random vote but since Wrath has already managed to drop a scumtell...
VOTE: WrathChild
WrathChild wrote:@Ythill:
I've only played in one game on this forum (Cyclic Experiment) and survived to the end and got a town win. However, I play a lot of mafia on another forum and have at least two dozen games under my belt there. However, my first game here was very enlightening and opened my eyes to the fact that this group is much more advanced than where I came from and I'm absorbing all of it with great enthusiasm. That being said, I'm still learning the meta here. For example, I'm still not used to the fact that the lack of a Random Vote in the RVS is seen as scummy.

I just want to add that I'm primarily a 9-5 PST poster on the weekdays and mostly offline on the weekends.
Ythill wrote:VCA is going to be epic in this game.

@Llama:
Re: Sacrifice mum... fair enough but I think you're ignoring the relevance to our lynch choice. Cardflips are like cop investigations until we use up our Sacrifices. I think the advantage to be gained here is in weighting play toward the mid-game and I'd rather not count on NKs to set up our Resurrection pool.

@Far:
The best way to exploit Backstage is for everyone to elect our strongest townreads on D1. Such play raises the word count (aka slip potential) for anyone who has managed to stay in good graces as scum. It maximizes the chance for a majority-town Backstage that can use the information bottleneck for hunting, and forces people to take explicit town-hunting stances during the day. Why does it sound like you want to proxy responsibility to the majority?

@Ghost:
That's more than sufficient, thanks. I think that this game is a bad place for policy lynches. We'll have two chances to trade policy lynch candidates for competent confirmed town down the road.

@Wrath:
Thanks for your answer, and for confirming that you are scum. Hint: my read has nothing to do with your failure to RV.

Can we get some more votes over here please?
If you have to suspect someone, it should be Ythill, for:

1) Suspecting WraithChild under no basis (Cause he didn't RV? Doesn't matter. Cause he said "First Post"? Means jackshit. Cause he joked "OMGUS", doesn't mean crap either

2) Thanking WraithChild for a confirmation on being scum, where in the last post he didn't say absolutely anything that would confirm or even slightly give a scum tell (For saying he is inactive at certain parts of the day? Nope, and ythill suspected Locke based on him quoting that. For saying he has victories as Mafia on another game? WIFOM at best, WTH at worst.

So, yeah, I know I sound like I'm buddying, but I have no idea what part of the answer turned you from "What's the pro..." to "WOW, yeah, I see it".
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Post by WrathChild »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Just kind of a heads up that after 5 on the weekdays and all day on the weekends I'm pretty much V/LA. Other than that I try to post fairly often.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

Unvote

Vote: SGR

If you'd like to tango, Ythill, we'll be right here.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:58 am

Post by WrathChild »

I'm so confused why Ythill thinks I'm scum. I thought he was referring to me not RVing in my first post because someone else voted me for it and on top of that I got flak in my last game about not RVing someone Day 1. Personally I hate the RVS, and have no clue why I'm being targeted. I suspect it is because I may be viewed as an easy target due to my relative newness here.

I would also like to say that I think it's a bit early for people to be:

#1: Discussing Sac/Revive since it won't even enter play until tomorrow and is a 2-shot deal that should be very obvious as when to use it.
#2: Nominating people for backstage. Which leads me to my next question:

MOD: Are Backstage Votes counted during Twilight?
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Nominating people for backstage should be dealt out now, I see no disadvantage in voting for people you trust and putting them in the backstage, so that they can discuss whatever.

@A Gaggle of Geese, Fry me?
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 am

Post by WrathChild »

SGRaaize wrote:Nominating people for backstage should be dealt out now, I see no disadvantage in voting for people you trust and putting them in the backstage, so that they can discuss whatever.

@A Gaggle of Geese, Fry me?
There has been like 40 posts how can you base a judgement of trust on that? A lot can happen over the course of a day. You mean to tell me that you want to elect the players you trust the most based on their past performances? How do you trust anyone at this point of the game? Do you have information I don't?

If we can elect during twilight it's a no brainer that we wait until then.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:41 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Oh, I'm sorry, by "now", I mean Today. I misread your comment
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 am

Post by WrathChild »

I just meant that we need to base these votes off reads and that the people voting already ARE NOT basing their votes off reads, but instead voting on the poster, but this is a pretty bad way to go about considering the whole random distribution thing.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Jahudo »

“Shadow had noticed that you only ever catch one episode of shows you don’t watch, over and over, years apart; he thought it must be some kind of cosmic law.”

Nexus is V/LA until Tuesday, March 8.
Llamafluff is V/LA from March 5 to March 9.

Lynch Vote Count

WrathChild (3) - animorpherv1, Ythill, farside22
Animorpherv1 (2) – WrathChild, Llamafluff
werewolf555 (2) - Ghostlin, vezokpiraka
Agar (1) - Locke Lamora
Ghostlin (1) - werewolf555
Ythill (1) – Agar
Llamafluff (1) – Nexus
Nexus (1) – Apokalyptika
Locke Lamora (1) – Seacore
SGRaaize (1) - A Gaggle of Geese

Not Voting (4):
Tasky, OhGodMyLife, SGRaaize, Saint

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

--------------

Backstage Vote Count

Ythill (3) – Ythill, Llamafluff, Seacore
Seacore (3) – Ythill, Seacore, Vezokpiraka
Llamafluff (2) – Ythill, Llamafluff
OhGodMyLife (1) – Llamafluff
Vezokpiraka (1) – Vezokpiraka
A Gaggle of Geese (1) - Vezokpiraka

Not Voting (43):
A Gaggle of Geese x3, Nexus x3, werewolf555 3x, Tasky x3, OhGodMyLife x3, Ghostlin x3, SGRaaize x3, Saint x3, Apokalyptika x3, animorpherv1 x3, Agar x3, WrathChild x3, farside22 x3, Locke Lamora x3, Seacore x1

Top Four Players Go Backstage

Today's deadline is March 19 at 6:00 PM EST
WrathChild wrote: MOD: Are Backstage Votes counted during Twilight?
No, backstage votes will stop being counted after a regular Lynch has been secured.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Locke Lamora wrote:I agree with Llama; discussing the possibilities of who to sacrifice/resurrect is pointless when we don't have any flips. If there's someone we want to resurrect then we should sacrifice a scumread, not specifically keep someone around for a policy sacrifice. With that in mind:

Vote: Agar
Except...I just read Llama's ISO, and he didn't mention anything like this. Ythill DID mention sacrifices, but he advocated the opposite (sacrificing players that are blatantly VIs). Hence, where are you getting the information from? I'd like you to explain what you meant, because I'm uneasy with the thought that you pulled this from somewhere less public than the normal thread.

Unvote; Vote: LL
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 am

Post by WrathChild »

I'm still learning some of the terms here. What's VI?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VI=Village Idiot. A player that plays poorly consistently.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Ghostlin:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Vote ani

policy

Elect LlamaFluff, Ythill, OGML

Inverse policy.

There is no real point to get into resurect at this point since no one is dead.
For the backstage thing, its imperative to elect people who know what they are doing at this point. This means not anyone from the VI group.

Also im V/LA from the 5th to 9th. Zero chance of getting a post in until late wednesday
The italicised is what I was agreeing with in the first sentence. The second sentence is my view on the optimal way to approach the sacrifice mechanic. I believe what Llama said is he doesn't want to be backstage with VIs, not that he wants to keep VIs to sacrifice (which is what AGar suggested with Furc).

WrathChild: that's basically saying the same thing twice. Is it normal practice for you to declare your schedule at the start of the game?

SGR: I'll answer you once WC answers.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

First off, happy Mardi Gras everybody. I'll be very busy at work through next Tuesday, but should still be able to get online 1-2 times a day.

Vote: SGRaaize

Overall a gut read, specifically this is scummy:
SGRaaize wrote:Is there a particular reason you asked about that?

FOS: Locke Lamora
Elect: OhGodMyLife, farside22, LlamaFluff

Unless something really funky happens I foresee always electing myself. For right now my other two elections go to the players I've got the most experience with and who I trust not to be dumb.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Unless something really funky happens I foresee always electing myself.
How do you feel about those who have elected so far and not elected themselves?
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 am

Post by WrathChild »

Locke Lamora wrote:Ghostlin:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Vote ani

policy

Elect LlamaFluff, Ythill, OGML

Inverse policy.

There is no real point to get into resurect at this point since no one is dead.
For the backstage thing, its imperative to elect people who know what they are doing at this point. This means not anyone from the VI group.

Also im V/LA from the 5th to 9th. Zero chance of getting a post in until late wednesday
The italicised is what I was agreeing with in the first sentence. The second sentence is my view on the optimal way to approach the sacrifice mechanic. I believe what Llama said is he doesn't want to be backstage with VIs, not that he wants to keep VIs to sacrifice (which is what AGar suggested with Furc).

WrathChild: that's basically saying the same thing twice. Is it normal practice for you to declare your schedule at the start of the game?

SGR: I'll answer you once WC answers.
I just like to put that out there so every friday I don't have to write I'm gonna be V/LA for the next two days. That way people understand when I don't get right back to them if anything is directed to me in that time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”