Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ythill wrote:Yeah, because clearly I'm counting on shotty to replace in and self-hammer in endgame. :roll:

I see a fair number of unfamiliar faces in the player list. That's what I get for inning based on flavor. Nexus, Tasky, Ghost, SGR, Saint, Apoc, Wrath: what is your level of experience?

I'm loving the sacrifice mechanic. If you fuckers don't revive me before LYLO I will design a bastard invitational for the sole purpose of modkilling you... or something. Also, please save one sacrifice for just before LYLO to improve PoE (like a nolynch at MYLO, only better). Going Backstage is kinda meh, but I've got a couple ideas for how we might make the best of it. It's also a way to mark top townreads.

Elect: Ythill, Llama, Seacore
(honorary only)

I don't random vote but since Wrath has already managed to drop a scumtell...
VOTE: WrathChild
Ythill:

Completed games:

Newbie 1042, 1024 (Town in both, lost both. 1042: Lynched Day 1, 1024: replaced in Day 3, Endgamed)
No Exit Mini Theme (Town, won, was there until endgame.)

Dead:

Newbie 1046 (NK Day 2; Doctor)

Currently Playing in:

Literally anything UPick Mini Theme (in Day 2)
Ozzy and Millie Mafia Mini Theme (Night 4)
A Sea of Swords Large Theme, (replaced in Day 1, now in Day 2)
Newbie 1072, as SE.
This game.

I have run and played Mafia on other boards, but that was years ago. I don't think of myself as tremendously experienced or anything, but this isn't my first game, and I like to think I learn quick.

Does that help?

Anyhow, onto random/not so random vote:
Vote: Werewolf
, you coasted along with one liners and being not so active, which wasn't helpful in our other game. I'm not a huge fan of policy lynch, but until a more serious lynch comes along, that vote will do.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Locke Lamora wrote:I agree with Llama; discussing the possibilities of who to sacrifice/resurrect is pointless when we don't have any flips. If there's someone we want to resurrect then we should sacrifice a scumread, not specifically keep someone around for a policy sacrifice. With that in mind:

Vote: Agar
Except...I just read Llama's ISO, and he didn't mention anything like this. Ythill DID mention sacrifices, but he advocated the opposite (sacrificing players that are blatantly VIs). Hence, where are you getting the information from? I'd like you to explain what you meant, because I'm uneasy with the thought that you pulled this from somewhere less public than the normal thread.

Unvote; Vote: LL
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VI=Village Idiot. A player that plays poorly consistently.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Ghostlin »

SGRaaize wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I'd also be up for an SGR lynch, however. That post on D2 just screams "Hello, I'm here and I'm going to defend Wraith because he's my scum buddy".
I lol'd
I immediatly
FOS
you (Dohohohoh, OMGUS) because you actually think for a second that Scum would not only buddy on their scumpartner, but do it as openly, cleanly and quickly as now.
If I do end up getting lynched... may god have mercy on Town's soul
As far as the SGR lynch topic goes, of course this will be biased, but when I see someone defend a player who was not in need of a defense at the time (Yes, I did not need anyone to stick up for me because the votes on me make no sense and I consider them non-threatening at this time), I tend to think it is scum trying to buddy-up with a townie that they see as a likely lynch in an attempt to gain town-points. I think that scum-babying is incredibly obvious and would be avoided at all costs by scum.
Its not so much as me defending you as me trying to get the logic behind your lynch so I can kill you
First point: I'm sure we, as town, will somehow incredibly survive if you somehow made it to the gallows. The FOS uses the 'scum wouldn't be so stupid to do that argument,' which is invalid, and illogical, and could lead to WIFOM. AtE noted.

Second point: This just sounds scummy. Why not ask the other players for a case? 'Oh, hi, I'm just going to defend you until I can figure out a way to kill you' in the hands of scum is like, 'Hi, I don't want to look like I'm sheeping but I want to find a legit way to throw you under the bus.'

I disliked your first post for being completely devoid of anything useful, and your second post reads like a scummy player.

Unvote. Vote: SGR

WrathChild wrote:You're right on the 0/0, I'm gonna fix that. Thanks NERD!
What are you, nine? This is puerile and doesn't belong in a defense. Particularly when it's a good point.
IGMEOY: WrathChild

Haven't done this yet.

Elect: Ghostlin
: Obv.

Elect: GaggleofGeese
: I've played with Chess before, and have been less than impressed, so I'm surprised at this election, HOWEVER, GG has shown remarkably good judgement in the beginning of this game.

Elect: Ythill
: Disliking of his Wrath vote or not, the way he's handled himself seems pretty townie in this very early stage. He's kept up the pressure and is actively scumhunting.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: It's acutally his third or fourth post, my bad.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Ghostlin »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:Ghostlin, what game was it? I only ask because I can't remember being in a game with you before.
It's ongoing. I replaced into Storm of Swords 2, replacing Percy, who lurked most of the game.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ythill wrote:Finished rereading. Both Seacore and Llama have gained some actual cred, the former more so.

Scum (in order): Ghost, ani, wrath, Apok.
People of interest: GG, LL.
Town: vezo, SGR, Seacore, Llama, farside.

Happy with my vote for now.

Re-elect: Seacore, Llama, farside.
Self-vote was being wasted. I'm indifferent to GG's hydra status; questioning their alignment.

@OGML:
You intrigue me because you've dropped a few towntells but your shift from gut to bad reasoning as the wagon built seems dirty. I looked closer at SGR and my initial read was accurate: he's doing the opposite of avoiding attention. It seems like you thought adding fluff to far's point would make it seem like your own.

@Wrath:
Did you read the rules?
This interests and concerns me. It interests me because according to this, I'm Ythill's #1 scumtell, full of congitive dissonance and pouplist: and yet he doesn't vote for me. If the point of the day 1 exercise is to get wagons moving and suspect as many people as you can, not voting your biggest scumtell seems...wrong to me. It either says he's not confident on getting a case on me, which hasn't stopped some folks in town or that he feels I'm really not the best lynch for today, which makes no sense if I'm really your number 1 scumtell you should be more than willing to get rid of me.

Sorry, no. I see some of you electing Ythill, I'm questioning his motives in posting a scumlist and not following up on it. It's insincere.

Unelect: Ythill

I need to reread the game, see what people are seeing about Ani, and maybe even decide if Ythill's worth a vote.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

AGar wrote:Large Theme Theory: Express your suspicions, try and start a bandwagon or get on a leading bandwagon to run up pressure on players.

If all of us chased our own suspicions, we'd have NLs left and right D1 & D2.

It's in towns best interest to form wagons on suspicious people, even if it's not everyone's #1 choice.

Ghostlin just jumped up as a scum-read, woo.
That's an interesting deduction, and completely obseletes the reason we even bother to have cases. We're pretty early in Day 1: it wouldn't be hard to get a wagon started on me or any other player. That's my point, and I guess not one many want to latch onto. :?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Ghostlin »

LlamaFluff wrote:
unelect OMGL
elect GG

Can someone actually give me a concise ani case right now? As much as I think he is great policy lynch bait, I really cant find much there that justifies a lynch of him. That for him probably is a town tell since I have never seen it happen before.

SGR is a far better wagon then ani is
, although there are a few people I think are more likely to flip scum at this point, and since this is very likely my last post until wednesday... time to make the best of it

unvote
Vote Ghost

His entire early case against SGR is that SGR is trying to figure out what the ani case is somewhat inefficiently. I think its a good thing to try and force out that case, because im not too sure it exists at this point.

Later we get this really nice comment
I need to reread the game, see what people are seeing about Ani, and maybe even decide if Ythill's worth a vote.
Well, now he is voting SGR, trying to see why ani is scum
(which apprently is a tell to him) and maybe going in a third direction against someone who is already probably town for what looks like OMGUS-fuled reasoning Agar already explained the logic behind that one, but I think we actually can get the ghost wagon started up here. To summarize this doozy though, Ghost just set himself up to be able to vote any of the top vote getters, without showing any indication of where he is leaning, the post is a great definiton of keeping your options open.

So yeah, I would like to see a third wagon option here by the time I get back. Also a few of the people voting ani give me a nice case on him. Just a paragraph or something will work, even though reading him in iso I think its going to be hard to scrounge up that much.
Emphasis mine. You hedge your bets, then accuse me of doing the same thing when all I'd said was reread Ani and Ythill. Hypocrasy much?

I'm acutally trying to find the reasoning for cases on my own. You've 'requested' people present you with a case. In other words, it's
pretty damn scummy
to vote for people trying to do the same thing as you.

SGR case incoming.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:I'm acutally trying to find the reasoning for cases on my own. You've 'requested' people present you with a case. In other words, it's
pretty damn scummy
to vote for people trying to do the same thing as you.
Im saying that ani is more likely town then scum, asking for a case on him is my attempt at taking down the wagon since I dont think such a case exists.

The way you present the SGR/ani/Ythill thing, you seem to say that all three players are scummy,
but you are putting the burden of finding a case on ani on others.
I am saying ani is town, and forcing a case out of people, completely different things given how our reads differ.
Except I'm doing my own research into the matter. Frankly, honestly, I've not seen anything that screams scum, so it's more expedient for me to read back to figure out what the heck people are talking about. I think you think I find him scummy...I don't necessarly, I'm just confused on the reasons why he would be.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

werewolf555 wrote:
SGRaaize wrote:Ghostlin is def more scummy than Ani, although I don't see the reason for the change now that the Bandwagon is midway.
Still, I rather get Ghostlin killed than Ani

Unvote

Vote: Ghostlin
Boom.
I detected scum in my first post.
trollface.jpg
Except that vote was RVS, a number of days ago.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Case on SGR:

ISO 0: Doesn't really answer Ythill's question. The other three comments are less than useful.
ISO 1: FOS Locke about asking why WC would post specific availblity. If you're on, you're on. If you're not...don't you have a signature for that? (Personally I didn't find either motive scummy. If Locke wants detailed reasoning about someone's schedule or why they felt like posting it, go nuts.)
Here's where SGR drops his contraversal sentence. I'll get to why it's not entirely what he says it is later.

ISO 4:
I get what you mean.
On the other hand, there are certain players that won't help us even if they are Townies and there are certain players that will end up helping Town a little even if they are Mafia just by trying to look Townie.
So, at the end, we gotta end balancing between the two
I quoted this directly because of the reasoning here. He's making an argument of letting scum players live because they could help Town a litte--this isn't a protown argument, nor necessarly playing to the wincon.

ISO 5: "Scum wouldn't be that dumb!" defense.
AtE: "If I do end up getting lynched... may god have mercy on Town's soul". Ranks right up there with "You're making a huge mistake!"
"Its not so much as me defending you as me trying to get the logic behind your lynch so I can kill you" = "Please let me understand your case so I can lynch you, please."

ISO 6: " I'm still more curious on the beginning of this shitstorm instead of its current state." Shouldn't you care about the wagon as it's shaping up?
The rest of it, I get it. He has a town or null read on WC.

ISO 7: His response to my post. His first comment "Town won't survive these laspses in logic" makes it sounds like he's more vital than the rest of town.
No, sorry. I could see a scum doing that just to make the argument he wouldn't do such a blantant thing as buddy his scum buddy, make town swallow that pill so he can get town cred.
As for the AtE: look up.
I like how your only comment to 'this sounds scummy' is 'lol'. I see you take these arguments seriously.
The rest is fine, except you did go on and on about how Ythill's reasoning is faulty. Twice. And didn't vote him. At all, once.

ISO 8: Votes me for fallacious reasoning.

ISO 12: Doesn't like the Ythill case on Wraith, never votes it, doesn't really vote for anyone on the Wrath wagon, Doesn't like my case on him; I must be scummy.
ISO 13: Kinda a 'I give up' reverse AtE. "I don't care any more guys, I give up, have fun."

ISO 14: I was the second one on your wagon besides OMGL, who you've not suspected. In fact, you've never asked for clarification on OMGL's case on you.
ISO 15: Asks Ythill why he suspects Apok, but says he doesn't suspect him.
ISO 16: Tunnels on me. At this point, he's thrown out any case at all and just tunnels.
ISO 17: "If you have to suspect someone, it should be Ythill, for:

1) Suspecting WraithChild under no basis (Cause he didn't RV? Doesn't matter. Cause he said "First Post"? Means jackshit. Cause he joked "OMGUS", doesn't mean crap either

2) Thanking WraithChild for a confirmation on being scum, where in the last post he didn't say absolutely anything that would confirm or even slightly give a scum tell (For saying he is inactive at certain parts of the day? Nope, and ythill suspected Locke based on him quoting that. For saying he has victories as Mafia on another game? WIFOM at best, WTH at worst.

So, yeah, I know I sound like I'm buddying, but I have no idea what part of the answer turned you from "What's the pro..." to "WOW, yeah, I see it"."

"What I said is that, on the sequence of messages I showed (The 4 quotes), you should have seen Ythill as the scummiest person of the group, because he was the one to cause a shitstorm for no motives, I have been corrected on the "no motives part", he does have motives, but honestly, they the one that started the shitstorm is completely far-fetched and the one after that is a little bit too far-fetched for my tastes...

I am not contradicting myself, I said that Ythill was the one to cause the shitstorm between him and WrathChild, and I explained why one neutral person should see Ythill as the scummiest of the two based on those 4 posts. Regardless, I trust Ythill for his logic and scumhunting."

Which of these statements is not like the other one? There was no specific person he was addressing this to, btw. This "neutral person" he was talking about didn't exist. He was covering his bases until a Ythil lynch showed up, and then backpedaled when it didn't. I'd even give him points if he said, "Yeah, I suspected Ythill, but I don't now and here's why," but he doesn't do that, he posts blantatly the opposite.

ISO 18: SGR: What, Ythill and I have the same suspicions!

ISO 19: SGR: "No, I'm not doing this for populist reasons. By your reasoning, you must also suspect Ythill of being scummy."

ISO 20: Does everything I wanted in ISO 17 except say he suspected Ythill for suspecting Wrath Child for bad motives.

ISO 23: This is only interesting if you're interested in what you think SGR finds scummy:

Bad logic on anyone but him=not scummy.

Asking followup questions about V/LA, even if your reasoning may be rooted in what you think is logical= scummy.

ISO 24: "I'm not scum because I said something scummy!" No, you're scum because you're backpedaling on a suspicion that you originally had to set up a lynch; have been applying differing standards to everyone, have mirrored the tells of someone with more town cred than you and your biggest opponent and one of your agitators of your lynch, have contradicted yourself and backpedaled AND have been saying scummy things in the middle of it. That's why you're scummy.

ISO 26: Which would be interesting if you said, 'I think the case on me is bad and here's why'.

ISO 29: And the tunnel on me continues.

tl;dr: SGR's only built cases on people he's confident he can take to lynch. As soon as a person becomes popular, he seems to drop the case against them, seeming to even backpedal in the case of Ythill. I'm not saying people can't change their minds, but he's not admitted that: quite the opposite, he claims the only reason he'd begin a sentence that started with "If you have to suspect someone..." was to compare the play the other person being accused at the time. There's more than a few blatant buddying posts, first to WC than to Ythill (the WC defense is amusing, apparently scum are much too smart to buddy their partners). He's almost deliberately blind to the faults of the people who are voting the same way as him, however, if you oppose him in anyway, watch out. Also, he's said a few things that are a little more than scummy.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ythill: My arguments against SGR distill down to the following:

1) He suspects you well enough in ISO 1 to say. "If there's anyone you should suspect it's Ythill, and here's why." Later pulls a 180, electing you.

2) Buddies up to WC, admits he buddies up to WC, then says that doesn't count due to the fact that no scum would be dumb enough to do that as a scum tactic. Does something equally unappetizing in the 180 face turn on you, saying no scum would be dumb enough to try to make a lynch case on you. This is poor logic, and WIFOM, because if no one EXPECTS scum to act so stupid, why wouldn't they?

3) AtE: In one post he pretty much calls town doomed if they vote for the reasons they're voting for him. In another post, he throws in the towel (with a mea culpa).

4) OMGL uses a gut case against him, he lets him off. Ythill uses what he finds are bad reasons against WC, he lets him off. I use more logic than OMGL, I'm scummy.

5) He's repeated the mantra that I joined the wagon when it was getting steam. I was the second real vote on that wagon. This is a blantant distortion, because in order to sheep that wagon, I would have to be psychic to see it was going anywhere worth going.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

1) That's
NOT WHAT YOU SAID
. Period. End of story. Do I need to quote it again to prove that's not what you said? You never said "out of WC and Ythill, we should suspect Ythill because"...don't accuse me of worming out of things when you won't even concede it might have been taken another way NOW.

2) You acutally did say something to the effect of 'well, this might look like buddying' so you did. Want me to quote it?

3) The Mea Culpa came in when you admitted giving up looked scummy.

4) First off, you don't even address the Ythill argument. Secondly, you've accused me of not paying attention when I'm paraphrasing your OWN WORDS. Do you not read some of the stuff you type? You're spinning your wheels on how your contradictions aren't scummy when they are.

5) Do you think there might be a reason town suspected you? At all? Or you just going to sit there and spin?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

And now for something completely not related to SGR, the Ani read I promised:

I have to admit, and maybe this will get people going 'you didn't read the thread, Ghostlin', I didn't get why people found Ani so offensive. I couldn't remember anything that rang alarm bells, or anything that I could go 'wow, that's scummy.'

Good news: I've still not found anything.
Bad news: That's because there's scant little to find. Which has always to me been downright scummy, it means you're posting, but not making contributions.

Three of his posts are passive aggressive attacks against WC for something he didn't understand or find. (ISOs 2-4 respectively.) He votes Wraith, then switches to SGR without much reason except SGR called him out for an FoS so now he voted him, to match the expected behavior (ISO 5). ISO 6 is explaining things to farside: yet, no expansion of the SGR case that he has. It's like he's not actively posting/playing except to choose a wagon and stick to it like a car suction cup.

At the moment
Fos: Ani
. I wouldn't mind lynching him at all today.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

So I most everyone in ISO today, seeing if anything bit me, and I did find something.

It may be 'rude' to do this. At this point, I don't really care. Before he requested replacement, did you acutally read Tasky? Two of his posts are variants of 'no time, will read later.' Two are votes, one on SGR for his rather scummy 'I didn't do anything wrong post', he's voted three times, but renders a vote of his redundant; votes SGR and has to be prompted as to cough up a reason for voting him and then unvotes and votes AGar again for no reason. Which by the way, he's been sheeping all major wagons, flying under the radar: WC, SGR, and now the counter wagon on AGar.

Tasky's worth susspecting and it's worth applying pressure for his replacement to find out if the the tactics continue. The only people who have posted less are werewolf, who's sorta infamous for it, and vezok, who is all but a confirmed VI regardless of which game he plays.

Unvote: Vote: Tasky

This isn't a 'SGR isn't scum' post, this is a 'hey guys, why aren't we looking at someone that's obviously not posting in the best interests of town?' post. Frankly, I
feel
that SGR is still worth a look, but frankly, Tasky's pretty damn suspicious.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I still want ghost to do what he said. Also why did you do an iso case on SGR and not check into Ani first?
Bluntly, I got distracted. I got into an argument with another player to the exclusion of all else, and that doesn't benefit town. (Case in point, I had to ISO you to find the question you mentioned.) That is one of my flaws as a player: I can fixated on something to the exclusion of something else, I've never been a brilliant muititasker. SGR has been so 'GHOST IS SCUM', I went into defensive mode and let that slip. I'm mentally readjusting myself to look at other reads.

Btw, a question I want to ask you that's ISO related: were you serious about your first vote in your ISO? Do you think that we should use the sacrifice mechanic as a PL means?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Ghostlin »

AGar wrote:Well, anyone who hasn't played with MoI before, prepare for an absolute shift to the polar extreme in terms of posting style.

Wall-Of-Texts ahoy!

(Sup MoI).

I find it pretty odd that Ghostlin knows that werewolf doesn't post and vezok is known for VI-type play, but doesn't know Tasky's posting was par for the course, and votes Tasky for it. Selectiveness much?
This might surprise you, I've never played with Tasky. I just finished with a game with Werewolf and have played two with Vezok. So I acutally have experience with both of them.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Saint wrote:I agree with your point 3.
However, I feel like SGR has been providing an adequate defense. He might be town after all!
I think at this moment, SGR and I feel the other's scum and we're not going to convince the other of that, which makes it really REALLY easily for scum to monopolize on it, if we're wrong.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Backstage count wrote:Farside22 (9) – OhGodMyLife, animorpherv1, farside22, Seacore, SGRaaize, AGar,
Ythill, Apokalyptika, Locke Lamora
Ythill (7) – Llamafluff, Seacore, animorpherv1, Agar, farside22, SGRaaize, Vezokpiraka
A Gaggle of Geese (7) – Vezokpiraka, WrathChild, Ghostlin, Apokalyptika, AGar, Llamafluff, Locke Lamora
Seacore (6) – Ythill, Seacore, Vezokpiraka, A Gaggle of Geese, SGRaaize, WrathChild
Guys, with the GG and farside stuff going on, can I ask you a question?

Regardless of how you feel about GG or farside, do we really want them to go backstage together, get into a possible argument that might derail and dominate the backstage talk considering how they're going at it RIGHT NOW?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Yeah, OMGL has a lot of posts, but no acutal cases or even much content. He also asks someone he supposedly thinks is scum who he should vote for out of two options, which I can't see the use of unless you wanted to play the WIFOM game with yourself. Or you didn't acutally believe in what you were saying. I am OK with this wagon.

Unvote.

VOTE: OMGL L-2.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

farside wrote:Since my first question on this post got missed I'm adding a question now.
What did you see from GG that lead you to make the comment?
GG had been asking a few useful question and pushing in a more focused, town like direction than just Chess. Case in point: in SoS, Chess spent most of the latter half of Day 1 riding MoI. He didn't ask questions, he didn't have short reasoned statements...he just rode MoI. GG seems right to me; in a way Chess didn't alone. Now granted, it wasn't the height of maturity during the argument with you and him, and I've thought about deelecting him to avoid you and him having a fight, but it seems everyone who's up for election wants both of you to go.

As a sidenote, I don't see either of you scummy as of right now, reading your ISOs and all. I think the entire thing is a waste.
farside wrote:What about Ythill did you see he was handling himself well, actively scumhunting and keeping pressure? As much as I don't look at the iso's list the tl'rd was interesting, not anything else mentioned. hmmmm I maybe wrong about my first impression of ghost, UGH that vote on OGML really goes back to the WTF moment.
I explain OGML below. There's no other explaination for it, sorry.

Ythill: Page 1 was a plan on how to win this game. He had already thought about things I hadn't considered and had planned incredibly ahead. Granted, Large Themes are still new to me and I'm struggling with them, and I'd take any advice, but to find someone so together was heartening, and he was in the thick, asking questions. It was nice to know that from page 1 things were being taken care of. I just worried when he called me out as biggest scum and didn't vote me that maybe he didn't have that conviction after all.

farside wrote:@Ghost: Why did you switch to OGML? Is he scummier then SGR in your book? Why if you find OGML scummy did you not say anything about him before?
You know where I said in my post that I didn't really remember reading OMGL? That wasn't hyperbole. I couldn't remember anything he posted.

This usually means one of three things with me:
1) Your analysis is a little dry and I just don't remember you, but you've got good points.
2) You've not said anything of interest or much at all. (This is usually an indication you want to fly low under the radar.)
3) I'm in slight skim mode when I'm reading you. There are parts of the thread that are more interesting than others. And like any player, I sometimes don't pay as much attention unless something bites me on the nose.

OMGL fell in the second catergory when I read him. He doesn't really say much...at all. His votes have no cases, no reasoning...the only time I noticed him when was when he was voting SGR without a reason, and SGR asked him a question, got a lousy answer, and gave him a pass.

I don't think OMGL's better scum, no. What I do feel is that SGR isn't the lynch today, and I think we're both hoping that the other one gets lynched/night killed/says something stupid. I think SGR gives out passes to people and then chooses others to attack without bothering to apply scumtells evenly. I feel his AtE's at certain points of the game have been downright scummy, and that he did flipflop on Ythill and doesn't want to admit it. A lot of you are so far up Ythill's ass you can smell what he had for breakfast; but until I called him out for not calling me most scum and removed my elect, he wasn't ready to acutally make waves and act on his opinions. It may almost be 3 AM where I am, but crap, I have nothing to lose by calling this what it is--half the town is sheeping the most experienced players and aren't looking for any contradictions in play--and the scum may be taking advantage of it. There. I said it. Ythill and Seacore and LMP's scumtells may be wrong.

So, short version. No, I don't think SGR is lesser scum than OGML. I can see OGML as scum, tho', quite easily, and town needs a LYNCH more than anything else. We need to take it to the pressure point, squeeze what information we can and hopefully catch scum or make some connections at the end of the day here.

PL= policy lynch. I just finished Ozzie and Millie with werewolf who was scum in that game. (Mini 1115.) Also, No Exit with LMP, who was town (Ozzie and Millie too). If it helps get an idea of meta, then I have no problem with it.

Preview Edit: And OMGL is at L-1. Perhaps we should wait for his claim/defense before someone quickhammers him, please?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

/picks up prod.

Guys, I'm not doing my 100% best with both games of the Larges I'm in, I'm have trouble catching up, and well, this isn't as fun as I'd thought it'd be.

That's my fault, no one elses, I didn't think the larges would be so problematic and I am sorry to inconvience anyone for it. I'd like to requst replacement, please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”