Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 1.10!

Trendall - 7 (Primate, Kublai Khan, Gobots, VP Baltar, Furcolow, Thor665, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Scott Brosius - 6 (Erratus Apathos, SnakePlissken, Hoppster, bristep123, Lowell, VasudeVa)
Thor665 - 2 (sottyrulez, GMan)
Nero Cain - 2 (Internet Stranger, jasonT1989)
Gobots - 2 (Vezokpiraka, Kise)
Baby Spice - 1 (AurorusVox)
AurorusVox - 1 (Baby Spice)
chesskid3 - 1 (jediknight)
SnakePlissken - 1 (Scott Brosius)
Lowell - 1 (Nero Cain)
Erratus Apathos - 1 (chesskid3)

Not voting - 2 (Trendall, Bella)

With 27 superstars active it takes 14 to eliminate a superstar.

JR: Trendall on the receiving end of a good ol' fashioned ass-kicking...LOW BLOW! What a sickening low blow from Thor!

King: I think that might have burst Trendall's grapefruits!

JR: With you, it always comes back to grapefruits. Trendall has collapsed to the floor in agony...and here comes the champ, locking on the Koji Clutch!

King: This is a killer submission hold, JR! When Triple D gets that look in his eyes you know he's not going to let go!

Everyone has posted in the last 48 hours - keep up the good work!

Deadline is Friday 11th March at 10:00AM GMT. A countdown to that time is here.

Word counter: here.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

@sotty - you basically have said to me;

Your reason to defend BS is bad.
Your lack of needing more of a read is bad.
The level of defense you did was bad.
Your ability to tell the level BS was being attacked at was bad.
You are probably scum trying to get town points by doing a defense of an obvious town mislynch (never mind how she'll be the mislynch if the attacks on her aren't strong, or why you have issues with my read if you can also see her as a mislynch) and are thus doing a really sloppy and obvious scum play.

How have you not called my play bad?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 am

Post by sottyrulez »

We are voting you.

We are pushing you.

We have listed you in our scum reads.

How can you not see that we find you SCUMMY?

Why are you deflecting with language crap? We find you scummy, we don't think you're a bad player in fact the reverse is true as I stated in one of my early posts. You are just playing scummy in this game and we think you are scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@DDD - I think the problem is that there are a combination of RL factors that are affecting their play right now....so it's hard to separate the chaff from the wheat in this case.

@SR - I think there are better trees to be barking up than Thor at the moment. I think it's good that you are trying to scumhunt here, but I feel like the discussion between you two is reaching diminishing returns at this point. I don't have a strong read on him either way, but I'm sure that will change with time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

dropkick:Thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

@sottyhydra - Um...go back up to my post above yours, do a word search for scum, find it, read it, relax your nervous noggin. I'm cognizant of your conclusion, I don't see how it precludes you believing I'm an idiot player to draw said conclusion. In fact I personally think it supports that belief, but I'm offering you the chance to explain how it isn't.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 am

Post by jediknight »

Mod- Lowell's voting twice.
Sotty- who's "we"? Right now currently you're the only one still pushing.

As of right now, thor has three votes (two actually...omg furcolow...parenthesis!) and it's you and gman...who basically up till this point has only posted one post of note which was pretty much a rehash of your read on thor. That's since the day started.

The reason that I bring this up is that it relates to my question earlier. You were "pushing" thor about his defense of BS which I understood and was getting something from the discussion. But then gman and lowell jumped on shortly after with little more than a "me too...so true" as their response. Lowell has since come on and with little fanfare (ie.-not much explanation...but that appears to be his way) changed to Scott Brocious.

Whats up with this Scotty "too hotty" wagon anyway? I'll have to go back and look later tonight.

Still wanna know how VPB outed chesskid as town. Can't find it. If you'd please direct me i'd appreciate it.

I will
unvote: chesskid

and
peoples sock: trendall
I agree with all that has been said and can add no more at this point.
And I'm spent...
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Jedi when I say we I mean "we as in Sottyrulez" We're a hydra, two players playing under one account, sorry for the confusion. I will try and talk in single person since we're not signing posts and are pretty much one mind in these games anyway. It's just a hydra habit I have gotten into.

Thor, I'm really lost at what you are getting at then. I have said that I think you're a good player who is just playing scummy. You are trying to force words into my mouth by saying I am suggesting you are a bad player as well. I will go back and re-read our exchange later on tonight after letting it settle a little, but right now I feel like you are just trying to spin me in a circle to confuse me, rather than taking the time to explain your choices better. I don't know why TownThor would ever want to do that.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ bristep: From your post (#799) I'd say that you have more of a 'case' on Trendall than Scott Brosius. Why the vote on SB?

Changed my mind about Trendall's wagon since his reappearance. His first post (#0) comes immediately after VPB making a post of his desire to eliminate chesskid, and guess what, Trendall's first post involves him attacking chesskid... but no further comment. Doesn't say whether he agrees with VPB or not, he just looks like he's sheeping. When he returns from V/LA and realises he's getting eliminated, he takes the "appease your attackers" option and tries to make himself appear as compliant as possible.

His more recent posts seem to me to just invite more people to apply pressure to him. Trendall, why only comment on Baby Spice's wagon? Why do you think the people on your wagon are town?

Scott just seems a bit... apathetic, but right now Trendall is looking scummier.

Unvote
Backbreaker: Trendall

Unvote
Spinebuster: Trendall

Unvote
Reverse Piledriver: Trendall

MOD FLAVOUR IS FUN.

Thor isn't coming across as scummy to me (although I will admit at being at a loss with what the hell he is on about recently).
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 am

Post by bristep123 »

@Hoppster : Both needed more votes to apply pressure IMO, Brosius had less than Trendell so that's where I voted.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Sottyrulez - my basic contention is when a "good player" is "just playing scum" (on Day 1 nonetheless) it is implicitly implied that they have gakked up and shown their hand somehow. I also think I have explained my choices, you just don't agree with the conclusions I got from the information I showed you. Sadly enough - differences in opinion on scum/town tells isn't inherently scummy.

@Hoppster - I am on awesome in gelcap form. It's expensive but worth it and it makes my beard extra loamy and pettable. When did Trendall call the people on his wagon town? (page number at the very least, please)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ bristep: Fair enough. Makes sense.

@ Thor: Right here. Last sentence.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Jason, I assume the question to which you refer in #816 is from your #753: Why I eliminated myself.

#398.
#617 (Kinda)
#737.

Which is kinda weird when combined with "you have not linked anything with quotes proving the CK scumslip.", also from #753, which I had in #568 (Including the required quote) Clarified in #571, more in #632 and #634.

So it shouldn't be why haven't I answered your questions Jason, it should be why are you asking questions well after things have already been well covered?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Internet Stranger: What's your take on Trendall?

@VasudeVa: I think your case on GMan is weak atm. I agree that sucking up is generally a scum-tell, but you're going to need a bigger behavioral pattern then just an isolated incident (in the Rumble, no less). I suggest you keep your eye on him.

@Nero Cain: Explain #805. How are you coming to the conclusion that Lowell and Furcolow's votes are opportunistic? Keep it under 200 words, but I want a detailed reasoning. Otherwise your whole post is just cheap plastic imitation scumhunting.

@chesskid3: Explain your conclusion that Trendall is a mislynch. What changed between when you voted for him and when you declared him a mislynch?

@Locke:
You have DDD voting twice.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

All I see from Trendall is a chronic lurker. I dont see where these scum reads are coming from. I think people on his wagon are mostly opportunistic scum looking for an easy lynch. Im letting the wagon build up more before I start picking scum off it.

See Kublai? I told you Nero is scum.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Internet Stranger - Check out Trendall's wiki page and meta him a bit. He hasn't played as scum yet, but every town game he's played he's been a vocal player. Then read him in Iso in this game.

Also, what do you think of Hoppster's #833?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

First Furc says that the WAGON is pro-town so it sounds like he's voting with the majority to avoid making waves. Then he says that Trendall might/could be lying about being town. Not once did Furc call him scum or that Furc BELIEVED that he was lying. It wasn't until his NEXT post that Furc said anything about being him being scum.

Combine this with his "woe is me" line about drawing attention/criticism for his Hoppster read and he REALLY sounds like scum trying to avoid heat.
As for Lowell he said that reading back (he went back and read) that he thought (past tense) the same thing as the others. So if he had thought that at the time why did he have to go back and reread it?

Would you shut up obvscumIS? You're avoiding questions like crazy, your play is as crap as always
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

BS i was asking you to direct me to what post it was that this scum slip was in.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

++++Lowell ISO is devoid anything worthwhile.

This thread needs more Kise love. Is Chess on v/la? 'Cause dude has disapeared.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

CK posted less than 10 hours ago Nero....
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Trendall »

Playing in a 27 person game is a whole step up from playing in a newbie game, hence why I have been less vocal. In all fairness, I probably shouldn't have joined. However, I'm surprised at the way that this wagon on me is going. Internet Stranger's right. I understand that people were voting for me to pressure me or whatever, but it's now looking like some people are voting for me because they think I'm scum, with absolutely no indication of where those reads have come from. There's most probably some opportunistic scum in the midst of this wagon somewhere.
Gobots
Gobots
Townie
Gobots
Townie
Townie

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Gobots »

Please go through at least the last 5-10 pages and tell us what you think about the various things that are being discussed.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

thanks, very interesting...
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

@KK: 5 other people voting him.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”