Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 1.9!

Trendall - 5 (Primate, Kublai Khan, Gobots, VP Baltar, chesskid3)
Scott Brosius - 4 (Erratus Apathos, SnakePlissken, Hoppster, bristep123)
Thor665 - 3 (sottyrulez, Lowell, GMan)
Baby Spice - 2 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, AurorusVox)
AurorusVox - 2 (Thor665, Baby Spice)
Nero Cain - 2 (Internet Stranger, jasonT1989)
Gobots - 2 (Vezokpiraka, Kise)
chesskid3 - 1 (jediknight)
Internet Stranger - 1 (Nero Cain)
Hoppster - 1 (Furcolow)
SnakePlissken - 1 (Scott Brosius)
GMan - 1 (VasudeVa)

Not voting - 2 (Trendall, Bella)

With 27 superstars active it takes 14 to eliminate a superstar.

Everyone has posted in the last 48 hours - keep up the good work!

Deadline is Friday 11th March at 10:00AM GMT. A countdown to that time is here.

Word counter: here.

On the topic of ongoing games, as far as I'm concerned discussing an ongoing game is still against the rules, even when you're dead.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Lowell »

clothesline scott brosius

Reading back I actually thought the same thing as others: namely, that scott has been more sizzle than steak since we started playing
for reals!
If he had come back and said, "oh, sorry, been busy, lurking, etc." I probably would have let it go (god knows I'm not one to criticize early-game lurking). But the last few posts don't give that vibe. They give the "this is what I am, deal with it" vibe, which is not what he promised.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Actually AV, I just checked the rules and unvotes aren't required so we were both wrong with that one.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I could work with a scum brosius lynch. I love competing wagons anyway.

Triple German Suplex ala Chris Benoit
: Scum Brosius

Few people have commented on my GMan case. Can I get a heads up on that?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@KK: It's not necessarily the exact use of it, although I know I worded it that way, it's more on HOW he used it. I felt like the way he used it was really defensive. Although I find him scum, I'm going to have to look elsewhere, apparently, as I've only drawn criticism for something I legitimately felt was scummy

I am going to jump on the Trendall wagon, as it seems very pro-town to me. I didn't like his "all I know is I'm town" post in #774. It's something that I myself have done in the past, and players really need to be broken of that habit. Anyone can say they're town, but that doesn't mean they're not lying.
Powerbomb: Trendall
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Lowells vote on SB is opportunistic and scummy.

Furcs vote on Trendall is opportunistic and scummy.

IS and Bella are vig bait.

pump handle slam:lowell
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by Furcolow »

How is my vote opportunistic or scummy? His 774 was terrible. Are you denying the fact I believe he's scum? Because you're totally in my head.

amateurs
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Baby Spice »

I swear I was going to ignore Furc for the entire rest of the game but ...

He's right.

Trendall's #774 is pretty bad. But worse, I went and had a quick look at his old games. Of the seven posts he's made here, #774 is the only one that looks even kinda vaguely normal for him. The rest are promises and don't know's and things.

It's like he's a different person.

AV, Fail again.
You have yet to show me posting nothing but fluff so your arguement fails completely.
People who voted and nothing else, bad. People who voted and posted content, good. Something like half my posts during the rumble were content posts. Please proove where there was no content, just fluff for this period.

You have claimed that I was voting a VI, which I deny whilst you vote for me whom others claim is a VI which you deny.
These are the same circumstances, so what makes me scum and you town then? Or vice verca?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Trendall votes are not opportunistic. I really like bristep's last post on him and my original reason for voting was the fact that his 774 is all about proclaiming he is town and trying to appease those on his wagon rather than scum hunting. I am actually set on a Trendall lynch at this point. I'm sure there are some power player scums out there today that we might be able to lynch today if we really pressured them (still not so sure about AV being town here), but I'll take a noob-scum on day 1.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

No one seems to have noticed that once again Chess votes without putting any resoning down, I'm not about to change my vote and I don't believe that it was OMUGUS either. But Seriously Chess?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Chess is town. I clearly demonstrated that earlier. Time to move on and lynch Trendall, who is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:58 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

And you know that for certain do you VP B? If so care to explain how?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I am like 90% certain chesskid is town based upon his reaction to me calling him scum. You can read it yourself. Even if you tend to disagree with me, I'd add the point that most people do not seem interested in his lynch today, so perhaps it's time you switch to a different suspect. This is a large game, and we need to keep moving toward actual lynches instead of obsessing over one and two vote wagons.
YOUR AD HERE

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Trendall is the misslynch of the century
Errathos is scum
Piledrive Errathos somethingorother
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Scott: We're voting for Thor for his heavy Baby Spice defence. Unless you want to claim Thor does this in all his games, this isn't a playstyle thing. I believe it was IS that spoke about Thor's tendency to instigate. See the last few posts in our ISO for details.

Baby, what do you think about Thor?

Nero claims Lowell's vote is scummy and opportunistic and votes him, actually making his
own
vote look bad because it lacks any real explanation. Buzz words aren't cool if you aren't going to detail just how they apply.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Scientific research reveals that Large Theme games are equivalent to the swirly, sticky strips you hang in your garage to catch flies in the summer.

Flies being VIs in this metaphor.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

@BS can you please answer my question, thank you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Gobots - I was wanting to run him up because of the way he joked about the wiki tells. Looking at his past games proves he actually believed what he was saying thus removing the scumtell I was excited about.

@sottyrulez - first off, you're missing the point of why I actually said BS was town. Second, you're saying I'm 'over defending' a player who has been consistently listed as a top suspect by multiple players, and despite a fair number of players even calling her town off *my* scumminess she is now the top vote leader. I don't think I'm over reacting at all. I think i just saw the writing on the wall. For heaven's sake, even vezo is seeing this, why aren't you?

Oh gawds, a towntell from Erratus via actual scumhunting! Be still my heart.

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2843792]IS still thinks I am obv. scum for asking people their opinions of others...yes.

Like new wagon now that AV at least looks like she's working - look forward to what she has when she can say it.

Unvote
Low-blow: Trendall
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Koji Clutch: Trendall

Definately a better wagon than Brosius, mostly because I actually like SB's vote on Snake.

~~~

VPB, you have to decide if sotty/zach is town or scum right this very second, what do you say?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Thor if anyone is missing the point it is you. It is one thing to call someone town but to out right defend a case that was put up against them on day one no less doesn't add up. Why wouldn't you let Baby defend herself first before cutting down AV's case? Surely her reactions would enable you to strengthen your read of her no?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because I'm obv scum blatantly buddying in thread because that's how I always play as scum?

I'd like your question a lot better if it didn't require me to have to argue why I'm not a terribad player when I play scum. I didn't need a further read because my read was awesome and totally sold me - it's other people who wanted more of a read on her. I wanted more of a read on the people attacking her and played to generate those, not generate them from her. Derpy, derp, derp.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Grr, that's a tough question DDD. I have too much personal meta of them messing with my read. If I was going on gameplay alone, it's an easy scum read. If I consider meta factors things get murkier with them. But to directly answer your question, I'd still pick scum. I've been bothered by them for a bit because their scum hunting seems very uninvolved and ineffectual so far.

I'd like your opinion on them as well actually.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Fuck, I was going to say an easy scum read because they have been reading that way to me but when I started my write-up I started to see some parallels between their play and my play in Utopia and now I'm getting paranoid again that I'm reading the Thor/Sottyrulez thing backwards.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 am

Post by sottyrulez »

:?

VP what's your Thor read then? I don't think we're uninvolved at all, not lately. We had a slow start for reasons that aren't game related. I get it will take awhile to wipe that away but we're working at it. If you think we're barking up the wrong tree with Thor then open up the discussion as to why at least.

Thor, when have we said you are terribad scum player? I don't like how you quickly twist to this strange selfmeta defense (this is the second time). I don't buy the fact that you don't need more of a read when the game has barely even started.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Anyone using a self meta defence is scummy in my eyes as then it can be open to minupulation... they say 'this is how I play as scum' so as to avoid being suspected.

Self Meta defenses are suspect to me to say the least.

unvote
vote: Thor

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”