Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/DXah8Ui3ghxC

There's Mafia QT. I don't think any objections will be held to posting it...
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Fate »

HEHHAHAH TOO LATE GREY HAHAHAHAHAHA
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Fate wrote:HEHHAHAH TOO LATE GREY HAHAHAHAHAHA

Did he not want it posted? :3

I didn't really see anything all that important or bad in there... >.>

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I said wrote:I guess the question for AGM as far as that goes is this:
What is a more likely scum action:
A player not participating in the lynch of a slot that player has said all game is town
or
A player hammering a slot they call town before, during and after the hammer with no real reasoning other than "well someone made some compelling arguments", which then leads to LyLo.
AGM said wrote:Because there is just zero reason for town-UT to push the SK issue.
I wrote:Yeah, that UK wagon turned out well didn't it? She was the most pro-town player in this game. Maybe this whole "thinking you're the SK" thing is actually not actually a scumtell.
Oh I guess you were wrong about the SK thing. Twice.

In the interest of not being a dick I'm just going to not say anything else about this game. Mariyta and LLD played a hell of a game. And that's all there is to say on the matter.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Game in Review
-

First let me say thanks to everyone who played, be they originally signed up or replaced in. Mafia games are only as good as the efforts of the players involved.

Second I think everyone should watch the source movie. It's an excellent film with several great moments including -

1. The introduction to Mani the Kick-Ass Bodyguard at the very start of the film.
2. The reveal of the Beast (not included in the game) when it appears to Gregoire.
3. The battle in the Forest between Thomas, Gregoire, Mani and the Beast.
4. Mani's death.
5. The revelation that Gregoire is not some soft, weak member of the Court but a complete kick-ass warrior.

Third I would have to say I was surprised at some of the replacement requests that were made. A couple really left me scratching my head as to why they were made in context of what I know of those players.

Game Thoughts -

Mafia MVP - I would split this between Mariyta and Lady Lambdadelta. Both played good scum games and kept off the radar. I thought that LLD might be overselling it at the end (especially by continuing to hammer Untrod about the 13 hours Day 4) but overall they played well enough to win. And that is what counts.

I thought the game would be best characterized as a tale in three parts -

Part 1 (Day 1) - This was a complete clusterfuck for Town. Suspicion was scattered all over the place with no cohesive leadership. The little momentum that did develop towards the Mafia (Zang) was quickly extinguished by AGM's Neighbor claim. By the end of the day the Mafia had direct knowledge of the identity of EVERY town PR, either from in-thread claims or via the Neighbor QT. To top it off the deadline lynch of Katsuki was horribly pushed and caused him to use his one-shot Modified Jailkeep on AGM, another Town power-role. In the development QT I remarked that I expect a sweep going into N1 just solely based on how much information the Mafia had.

Part 2 (Night 1 to Day 3) - The decision made by the Mafia to both block and kill AGM is one of the most mind-boggling decisions I have seen in a Mafia game. They had correctly deduced that AGM was Jailkept by Katsuki yet didn't connect the fact that he would already be blocked and would be protected. Selecting their actions was the equivalent of doing nothing N1. Springboarding into Day 2 AGM correctly surmised that the scum tried to kill him (as he probably doubted another Doc existed) and pushed for Zang as scum. When GreyICE slipped in letting on he knew AGM was a Vig it completely reversed the momentum to Town. GreyICE flailed his way into the all but assured Day 3 lynch once Zang flipped scum. Additionally the Mafia did not wait for Zang to get on to janitor himself (which he could do) for the WIFOM involved. Day 3 comes and as expected the Mafia are down to their final member.

Part 3 (Night 3 to endgame) - The decision to kill Mina ended up being a good one for the scum as it confused Town and threw Fate off the trail. When Spyrex was not lynched it more or less assured the LLD would not be a Nightkill target and thus live to endgame. Untrod's decision to even discuss the possibility of AGM as Serial Killer was strange. No-one else had claimed a protective role so it was unlikely that AGM was lying. The lack of kills N1 and N3 should have signalled to Untrod that in a three way LYLO AGM had to be Town.

In the end AGM had to make a tough choice. As stated in the Dead QT I was surprised that AGM didn't ask for claims to gather all possible information. I was also surprised that coming on the heels of Liten he didn't go for LLD as the scum (when he himself had been cast in the Untrod role there and saw Furry make the right call).

I'll answer any questions and take any comments about the set-up and my moderating you would like to offer.

A final note - I was somewhat disappointed that some of the cooler roles I wrote into the game didn't get used (Sylvia's redirection power, Zang's janitor power).

Thanks again everyone!!
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

UncertainKitten wrote:Do we get a Mafia and Neighbor QT?
I didn't specify in the rules this time so AGM can post the Neighbor QT if he wants (or asks me to).

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

:( you guys were pretty mean to me in that QT.

But yeah, I admit, I messed up. I actually spent HOURS thinking about this ... in class, in the shower, lying in bed staring at the ceiling as I tried to fall asleep ... the thought of LL being was absolutely considered, especially given the way Liten ended.

In the end, though, Mariyta and LL had such good play that it was really difficult to pull the trigger on her. This was furthered by the rest of the scumteam doing lots of stupid stuff, which shot doubt into my whole idea that UT's scumminess was just him being dumbtown and made me convinced he was actually scum too. It's easy to look back in retrospect and say, "wow yeah, LL could have definitely been scum," but think of the reverse scenario - if I had lynched LL and UT was scum, I doubt everyone would say, "oh man, I never saw THAT ONE coming." No, there would be just as much raaage at me not lynching UT.

So yeah. I guess the tl;dr is I suck at lylo.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MoI wrote:I was also surprised that coming on the heels of Liten he didn't go for LLD as the scum (when he himself had been cast in the Untrod role there and saw Furry make the right call).
God this. This. This. I actually re-read the last day of that game. But I didn't have the balls Furry did.

Oh yeah, and great modding MoI. It was quite a fun game.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Nah, we wouldn't, GI. We're both too stubborn to get along. A single thing we disagree about and we'd probably end up in a huge feud for a long time.

And also your temerity to think you can fuck with my head, even if you were reasonably accurate this time. You were an unknown to me before. I don't expect you'll get away with as much next time.

That said, you had some surprisingly apt insights that surprise me. You're good, but I think you push how good you are too much. You come off as arrogant and most people don't see any justification for it. Hell, I didn't til I started reading the QT. You still probably overestimate yourself, but it's not as grossly as it seemed before.

Also, the blind spot I allude to in dead thread. Just as I've had moderate success finding scum attacking me, I also have a TERRIBLE habit of saying people that buddy me are town, and Mari exploited this REALLY WELL. I'll have to modify my biases a bit, obviously.

@Mari: Actually, that's more in unfamiliar player lists. This one had enough familiarity so that my reaction to getting lynched tended to be considered a town tell until around D3. Mostly because Fate got blinded. Still need to fix it, but I'm somewhat adept at avoiding early lynches.

@GI: Hahaha, yes. That is about my major mafia ability. Bullshitting til I live through unlikely circumstances. Usually only works for so long. Then hammers of god fall down on me. I like that though. Kitten Miracle. I may use it :P

YES! I got called unpredictable! That is a trait I enjoy having!

@Mari: :(. I hope I wasn't one of the assholes :(

@GI: I'm not actually totally illlogical, I just don't express my thoughts logically. This can work for and against me.

@GI: He should have, but I'm also good at bullying. It's not a tactic I LIKE using, but I basically scared the everloving shit out of CD by my ferocious practically insane handling of the situation. I think. I did SOMETHING.

tl;dr: You're not the only one who can manipulate.

@GI: Wait, wasn't I unpredictable before :(?

@LLD: Yes, but ONE DAY FATE AND I SHALL WORK TOGETHER AND DESTROY THE SCUMS IN A RAPID ASSAULT OF CAPS LOCK AND AWESOME RAINBOWS!!!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 pm

@AGM: Actually, reading the thoughts in the dead thread, had UT turned out scum and you lynched LLD, I think some of us would have been surprised. Then again, LLD also probably wouldn't have done some of the things we noticed.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

AlmasterGM wrote:which shot doubt into my whole idea that UT's scumminess was just him being dumbtown
Glass houses, dude.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Also, UT. Play like you did in lylo all the time. That was really impressive, in my opinion. The SK spec wasn't great, but I fell for the same thing so look who's talking.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@UT: I know my play wasn't stellar and I made mistakes, but I don't think you can sit here and tell me your play was perfect either. LL's, on the other hand, was pretty beautiful.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

AGM I feel you.

I hate being there. Good game.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I did my job to prevent death N1... = =
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Fate wrote:BRAINSS
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

@AGM: I was highly amused by your reference to Liten by the by. :P
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh yeah Kats, I never got to thank you for N1. Even though you did it for all the wrong reasons. :P
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

UncertainKitten wrote:Also, UT. Play like you did in lylo all the time. That was really impressive, in my opinion. The SK spec wasn't great, but I fell for the same thing so look who's talking.

This x1000.

UT, you seriously played one hell of a final day.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

See I can't really feel AGM's pain.

I NEVER, EVER make it to a LYLO situation where I am Town and have to make the tough choice.

And I have to say that despite some of the vitriol put out there overall Untrod played a solid, if unspectacular game. Not nearly worthy of the scorn he got in thread and Dead QT. I'd list at least 4 other townies as having played worse, if I had to rank everyone.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

After D1 UT started picking up a lot, I think. But lylo was where he really got into it, I feel.

And I could name 4 townies worse than UT easily myself.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Also, I know my arguments in final day were bad... But they aren't designed to be convincing the dead thread. They were designed to convince AGM. And AGM specifically.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, I know. Still was silly for AGM to buy some of them~
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Also, what's up with GI praising me in the Dead Thread?

Apparently I have scary good instincts? >_>

I don't see it, but ok :3

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Well, you have a perfect record for a reason, I presume. You're pretty good at this.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”