Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fireman's Carry: Trendall

*flexes*
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Primate »

Cringin at Trendallposts ITT.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

why you not votin then?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am requesting a short V/LA in this game, there is an issue that has occurred that I will not go into detail about on MS concerning myself and conduct issues. It has pretty much sapped whatever fun I have in Mafia out of me.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Primate »

chesskid3 wrote:why you not votin then?
I am.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Furcolow: Oddly, we're on the same page in this game (re: Hoppster being scum). Different book, but totally same page! Parenthesis-use is an individual idiosyncracy, independent of alignment. Unless, of course, you can provide a meta where Hoppster uses brackets as scum and not town...

@chesskid3: You should vote for Trendall.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was literally about to call Borious for lurking along with Bella back in my last post but I thought he might just be concentrating on his modding.

I could deff swing a Borious vote today.

What I meant Snake was that YOU voted Vifurc and Scott immediately voted you. Lame vote on you was lame.

I still see <enter IS screaming that I'm tunneling on him"> IS as scum. SRS the guy is dodging questions left and right and I see no pro-town reason for that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero Cain continues to run his mouth but is quickly shut up by an impromptu T-bone suplex!
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Been completely out of mafia action for the last few days. My reread of BS' other games is coming up after I've made this catchup post...

I agree with Thor here insofar as his response to IS was not scummy because of the way the post was worded. But this post by Sotty against Thor is interesting; I was caught up in the BS/Thor debate I hardly noticed he was answering for BS. Looking Thorwards (ahem) to his response. Atm I'm null because unlike IS I like his questioning style, and am balancing that against sotty's accusation. Though, Thor says he plays the same town and scum so we'll see.

This vote by Gobots was mindless BW which he then claims was because he agrees Trendall is scummy. But Gobots has not mentioned a scumread of Trendall at this point: these posts contain his rereads/catchups, with no mention of Trenall at all. I dun liek.

This vote by Snake is weak. Later upgraded to a potential OMGUS vote?

This post is hilariously hypocritical. Britstep says BS is scummy for not unvoting before voting for me, but note: Britstep does not unvote before voting BS. Alert, alert: irony near critical mass.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Gobots
Gobots
Townie
Gobots
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Gobots »

I didn't agree that trendall was scummy. It wasn't even proposed that he is scummy.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

So you're pressuring someone you don't find scummy?

(Catchup cont.)
Responding to this by BabySpice

- "Thing is AV, I didn't just post fluff. Sure I fluffed up my votes for fun but then I wasn't the only one. I did make content posts too."
The point I'm making is that you railed against those who made fluff posts. You can't hold other people to higher standards than you hold yourself. That's basic hypocrisy 101. If others are scummy for posting fluff, why do you get a free pass when it suits you? How do you know they weren't posting fluff "for fun"?

- "I think that AV over-reacting to me saying that Furc scummed him up way back in #366."
You may think that but I'm still not clear what it is that Furc has done. Do you mean Furc has exposed a chink in my supposedly impeccable scum armour by revealing I've never been lynched as scum? I don't see what that has to do with this game right now. You've been very cryptic about it when I've asked you what you meant, and I think its because you don't have a real answer, eh?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

My vote is completely confirmed by 757.

I don't really see Thor or BS or CK doing anything overtly scummy and the votes on them seem to be based in playstyle more than content. Trendall's 774 reads scummy as trying to appease those voting by agreeing with it. But I like my vote where it is.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

If we're lynching/pressuring lurkers I'm more interested in a Bristep vote than any of the others. Although post 774 by Trendall was terribad and amounts to him having zero suspects as well as appeasing his wagoners by calling them town.

Still I think Thor is a better case.

EDIT: Some what sniped by Scott. Our vote on Thor isn't to do with his playstyle however. You might want to check that.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Suplex Trendall
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't see how Snake's 757 confirms him as scum. Do you have any other scum reads besides Snake?

Gobots
Gobots
Townie
Gobots
Townie
Townie

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Gobots »

How could i have a read on him?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Okay, my re-read of BS' other games with me...

Mod: one of these games is on-going, where we're both dead and flipped; what's the regulation on that?

I'm leaning cautiously against discussing it in any real detail until I hear otherwise. If it's okay, I've got something for ya, Thor. The rest of the analysis makes more sense with this game since its the one with the most number and depth of posts. I can do a subpar version if need be. Waiting on mod...

---

Gobots: fair enough; what about his most recent post? Why pressure Trendall (who seemed to be V/LA) over someone like Britstep, as has been mentioned by sotty?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

My post was directed @ Scott B. Sorry.

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

At the moment, I mentioned Trendall as a slight scum read. Otherwise nothing has caught my eye.

Sotty: My impression was that his instigation was the basis for the case.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Trendall »

Kublai Khan, do you actually think I'm mafia, or are you just trying to get me to talk more?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Trendall: I thought you said you understood the votes on you.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

"The point I'm making is that you railed against those who made fluff posts."

Actually I believe it was against people placing votes (Moves) and little else. ie: posting no content. Not fluff.

Saying that you (AV) had never been lynched as scum is a weird thing for anyone to say. It is tantamount to saying that voting for you is anti-town.
To me, mentioning such a thing is scummy and implicates both parties.
Granted it was Furc who said it and I have trouble fathoming anything he does, but I think it was enough to remove you from championship contention.

Which is part of what makes me wonder about your attack on me. You seem to be accusing me of doing what you seem to think you are doing yourelf. You makes claims about me posting nothing but fluff which are clearly wrong. This seems extreemly out of character (Though I think I've only been in your town games) which makes me think I hit a nerve, even if by accident.

Reguarding
that
game. I'm struggling with that myself AV as it provides a vast majority of my playing time with several players.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Why would voting for me be anti-town if I've never been lynched as scum? I could understand it if it was "never been lynched as town" :S

Nice try at making my case "hypocritical" - mine isn't fluff because your logic is bad. Is someone voting and not posting content scummier than someone voting and posting fluff? If anything fluff is worse than nothing at all as it could be considered active lurking.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I still think either Nero or Thor is scum. Im ok with lynching either of them. Nero STILL hasnt said anything of value and Thor, I dont even remember the last time Thor said anything meaningful.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by bristep123 »

@ AV RE: #783 My first vote (on you BTW, would you have picked it up if it hadn't been?) wasn't done correctly (I thought it was only the rumble that had the wrestling move requirement.) so there was no need for me to unvote. Let me switch off your iron(y) for you.

@Nero RE:#782 I mean that I thought he was onto something as regards you, but I'm wary that he was wrong in the only other game I played in him with.

Brosius voted for Snake because he didn't think that Snake's vote on Furc was valid. I'd say that his reason for voting for Snake isn't valid. Also he hasn't made any real contribution (PKB, I know I know)

Trendall's ISO reads badly, promises analysis but doesn't deliver, "I understand the votes on me, but I think that everyone voting for me at the moment is most likely town" is an incredibly odd statement to make, especially when he questions why KK is voting for him later on (the question came later, the vote was already there before the original statement)

BS's responses have reduced my read on her, Brosius and Trendell need more pressure on

unvote:Baby Sprice

Samoan Drop:Scott Brosius

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”