Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Trendall »

Will be posting analysis some time within the next couple of hours.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Baltar did a good job in busting chesskid’s chops early and getting an easy and obvious town read from him.

I like AV’s vote and reasons on Baby Spice other than the point about self elimination which I feel is null since player’s would know that such behavior would come back to haunt them.

I don’t care for Thor’s attempts to characterize Baby Spice as a VI, she replaced into a newbie game I was ICing a few months ago and I thought she was perfectly competent. I generally think of defensive play as town play so I lean town on Thor for now, but I don’t agree with his arguments about BS.

I know sotty isn’t the most aggressive player, but zach is and if their hydra takes on any qualities from him I’d expect more contributions. Sotty/Zach should’ve been a power player in the Rumble and they really weren’t.

I agree with Brosius’ latest vote about Snake’s vote coming for a non-reason and that it is bothersome.

One last paragraph from me after somebody else posts.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

posting
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:15 am

Thanks chesskid... yuck.

I think Hoppster’s play late in the Rumble follows much of the argument that I made about KK earlier in the Rumble; I don’t think he was right but I think he was actually thinking about what was best for the town which counts for something. I think he’s been wrong so far in what player’s he’s going after but again I don’t see anything that suggests to me that he’s scum in that just that he's looking for the wrong things.

I'll take any other follow-up if you have it. I still think Baby Spice is a good choice for a lynch and I'm pretty ambivalent to the other wagons with more than one vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

DDDP - first off you need to Pedigree and Diamond Cutter more.

Second off - you're ambivalent on Gobots and IS? Both of them have produced enough content I would tend to expect at least a general stirring of a reaction either pro or against their lynch. Why so neutral there?

Third and final - what's your read off AV sort of pulling a roper-doper on my attack on her. She's there, but she's not in the fight if you get what I mean. I have other sports related allusions I can throw around if you don't.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Im starting to see Thor as more of an instigator than a scumhunter at this point.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

I prefer to see it as a questioner - but frankly I don't see how instigation is unconnected to scumhunting. By instigating you elicit a response, responses allow reads to be made, reads are needed to scumhunt.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 am

@Thor, that's not a bad thing, ithat's a good thing. The reason they didn't get mentioned is that they're both neutral/neutral-town leans. I don't especially care for IS' playstyle but it seems to be consistent and he's attacking/attacked a target in NC that I don't especially care for. In regards to Gobots I simply don't see anything since his slightly bothersome Rumble phase where he looked a little opportunistic that stands out as scummy and frankly in retrospect I like his admission that he wanted the belt.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:58 am

Post by jediknight »

Still here...didn't realize the rumble was over. Will read tonight and post more. sorry all.
And I'm spent...
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am

Nice try there. I know you want to pretend that youre like Sherlock Holmes all of a sudden, but what youre doing is more like "Hey DDD, dont you think X is scum?"; instead of coming out and giving your own opinion. What youre doing is planting seeds of fear, uncertainty and doubt about others. So should a mislynch happens, hey, it wasnt your idea, "DDD went after them, not me".

Its a classic scum move.

IGMEOY: Thor
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Oh right.
GMAN IS SCUM. I seem to have forgotten about this because I was lurking my ass off.

DDD's #334: Hi. *suggest plan for someone to vote Gobots and then vote Trendal!*
GMan: Thumbs up on DDD's #334! *vote not-Gobots*
DDD: Wait what?
GMan: Uhh. I misread because I'm tired. *vote Gobots*

This whole thing to me read like he's sucking up to DDD et.al but then makes a pretty big mistake,
unlikely to be made by someone who genuinely wants to help out
. If he truly wants to help out DDD because he liked the post...he would have known the post's contents.
F-5: GMan
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 am

Oh and to add further, see post #707. Thor has already played DDD (ie: The Champ) like a puppet already and it only took one post.
Show

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:22 am

Man, I'd love to hear how big this conspiracy could've been if I'd said I thought IS was scum.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Sorry for the lack of posting. Sotty has been pretty seriously sick and it has effected both members of the hydra. Things should get better over the next week, if they don't we will replace out.

Thoughts:

Hoppster is scummy. His attacks on Chesskid just look opportunistic and his play beyond that looks IIOAy.

AV's reaction to “coasting gate” with VP was really overally paranoid and scummy.

Jason is coasting way more than I'm comfortable with to call him town.

Thor's town read on Baby Spice is just bizarre. I want that explained. That just reeks of him attaching himself to a player for town cred. Compared to the pressure she is receiving, he is really over defending her.

Bristep's RVS vote was ridiculous and I see no content past that. I wouldn't mind pressuring him.

Biggest scum read as of right now is Thor.

Backbreaker: Thor
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Lowell »

piledrive Thor

The long break from action makes this game hard to get back into, I must say.

This vote is mostly just a reread of the last few pages. Thor is very meta, very "let's everyone listen to me while I explain how mafia works". Not a fan. What I am a fan of, is bandwagony, and multi-dude pileups.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

@IS - so my trick was to get him to admit he had slight town reads on two players? I did this so cunningly by asking him what his reads were? If asking other players what is their read on 'Player XXX' is a scum tell than prepare for me to be massively scummy all the time. Also, whether or not you think I have the qualities of Sherlock Holmes - you fail to address how asking questions is scummy other than "ooooh, he got DDDP to admit some reads, ooooh!" Do you find I haven't been giving enough reads? I personally think I've given more than you - what's up with that?

@sotty - careful, by asking me about my read you'll look scummy. But to answer your question; I already had that discussion with VP. I could probably immediately start crowing on about how lack of careful reading is a scum tell, but honestly I think I'm entering the next stage of my mafia genesis wherein I hate all tells that look slightly formulaic. At least the "over defensive...of someone else" thing is a bit different. Considering I called her a strong town tell though, I would expect me...

Thor isn't allowed to finish his taunting as he is caught simultaneously by a clothesline and leg sweep!
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Lowell »

post to allow thor to counter my stinger.... if he dares.....
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

What's to counter? You didn't even have the grapefruits to call me scum. Zing!
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ KK #670: I didn't feel that it was appropiate to open up a new avenue of discussion because everybody was so committed to this idea. What can I do? Seriously, look at it from my perspective. I wasn't getting great reads from the Rumble, and I couldn't (and still can't) think of a realistic alternative to what everybody was doing. It felt like RVS, except the votes you cast do actually count (in a way).

In terms of the self-mockery, if you're saying what I think you're saying, I genuinely didn't realise they were on the list. I'm flattered you think I'm dumb enough to go "OH HAI GUYZ THIS LIST STINKZ BTW I'M JUST GOING TO ATTACK THESE PEOPLE ON THE LIST HOPE YOU DON'T NOTICE", but really, it's a coincedence. Denial... because I have nothing else to do. It's not true, and there's no real defending yourself from a coincedence.

I didn't think that the think I picked up on Kise's post was inconsequential. If you're just going to attack me for that, what can I do? I can't make future cases or ask questions in case you decide it was not worth questioning about and therefore scummy.

Somebody post.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Thor now that you mention it, I do remember that particular post you made regarding Baby Spice. It if was noteworthy of explaining particularly well why you have a town read on Baby Spice, we wouldn't now be asking your for an explanation of your town read on her.

Seeing the explanation only bothers me more, because I see you latching onto a single action which looks pretty null to me and using it as an entire foundation for calling someone town, to the point where you are actively defending that player while seemingly discarding subsequent actions because you found Baby Spice town based on a single action.

I can recall approaching Haylen in particular the same way in a few games as scum.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Hoppster »

Thanks VPB, although it seems to have been unnecessary.

Still @ KK: "I didn't think that the
think
I picked up on Kise's post was inconsequential." Should be 'thing', obviously.

I had plenty of other opportunities for attacking Chesskid had I wanted to hop on a wagon that I could have percieved as 'easy'.

"@ Chesskid: I'd like to know what you hate so much about VPB's style of play." <-- An answer would be great.

@ Scott Brosius: That's it? A comment on a post basically just above yours, nothing else?

@ VPB: I find it hard to believe that you have no read on me following you labelling me as coasting scum before.

@ Mod: I've noticed a slight discrepancy in word-counting systems. My last post was 200 words by KK's online post-count site, but MS Word reckoned it was 203. How strict/pedantic are you on this?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

@scottyrulez - I do believe I've only been scum with Halyen as town once. I also believe I've said on many an occasion that the way i play my scum game is the same way I play my town game, and I certainly don't do my tells differently between the two. If you disagree with my self-meta go find examples to crush my soul.

What subsequent actions from BS do you think I am overlooking that make her look like scum? I honestly don't see them - please help me spot them for ultimate win.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Hoppster - I called you that early in the RVS I believe. It was more just to get your blood boiling and involved in the game so I could get a read. I honestly don't have much of a read of you, but I'm sure I will after I go back and look very closely at your play later.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 am

Post by GMan »

@sottyrulez: Agree about Thor's BS read. I think there's too much guessing about what BS would/wouldn't do as town/scum for my liking. It's pretty null in my opinion. I could buy null-leaning town, but "town tell with giant flashing neon letters" is taking it to extremes.

Missile Dropkick: Thor

Don't think I agree with the stance on Hoppster though. I don't think he was terribly over-aggressive in regards to chesskid. He said stuff that frankly didn't make much sense to me either and Hoppster questioned him on it.

@vas: My mistake was simple. I liked the whole idea of E-1 and E-3. Where I went wrong was placing others at E-1 myself rather than placing Gobots there and have him doing it. I was still contributing to the purpose of the plan but I got a little mixed up in how it was to be achieved. Some posts were merged in my mind, parts got left out. I think it's clear what I was trying to do and where I went wrong.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”