Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:55 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Sorry for the double post but sarnath'dom requires of it.
BabyJesus wrote:WHy the hell are you telling us this? I realize you guys like the whole "Lych all liars" bullshit, but this is freaking ridiculous.
Well I don't see how it could hurt us at all in any significant way. Besides, if he were lying then he would have to fabricate this and it would be easier to detect deception. As you can see many people have dropped their suspicions.
FOS:BabyJesus

Oh and while LAL may be mafia 101, it's not bullshit.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:35 pm

Post by Falcone »

BJ, Graken already claimed earlier that he can't be protected at night. The flavour claim really can't hurt us anymore once that info is in the open, so I asked him to give it to give him another opportunity to slip up in the unlikely case he is scum.

Oh, and Warpdragon, my initial reaction to Graken's (second) claim was the same as yours, but look at it this way: If he hadn't claimed, the scum would assume that he'd be doc protected and choose another victim, so we'd be guaranteed at least one investigation from Graken. In the present situation, the doc is free to protect someone else, sure, but the scum can safely kill Graken, thus denying the town any investigation from him. So it would have been better if he hadn't claimed.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:14 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

BabyJesus wrote:1) SpeedyKQ, do you pick which players gets your fake role?
Yes. But I need to ask the mod if I'm allowed to target the same person over and over again or not.

I need to give this game a good read to look for scumminess. I admit I've mostly been worried about how to deal with my own role so far.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:48 am

Post by Poirot »

Falcone wrote:BJ, Graken already claimed earlier that he can't be protected at night. The flavour claim really can't hurt us anymore once that info is in the open, so I asked him to give it to give him another opportunity to slip up in the unlikely case he is scum.

Oh, and Warpdragon, my initial reaction to Graken's (second) claim was the same as yours, but look at it this way: If he hadn't claimed, the scum would assume that he'd be doc protected and choose another victim, so we'd be guaranteed at least one investigation from Graken. In the present situation, the doc is free to protect someone else, sure, but the scum can safely kill Graken, thus denying the town any investigation from him. So it would have been better if he hadn't claimed.
This is a good point. Of course, this means that the mafia gets a free shot at the Doc, but right now, a random killing exchanged for one investigation is better than losing the Cop in exchange for deterring a killing on someone who may be more important.
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:54 am

Post by BabyJesus »

SpeedyKQ wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:1) SpeedyKQ, do you pick which players gets your fake role?
Yes. But I need to ask the mod if I'm allowed to target the same person over and over again or not.

I need to give this game a good read to look for scumminess. I admit I've mostly been worried about how to deal with my own role so far.
I suggest you target Graken tonight.....
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

BabyJesus wrote:I suggest you target Graken tonight.....
Agreed
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Dodgy wrote:I think we all need to decide whether we take Graken at face value or whether we think he has made too many stupid mistakes now to be our real cop.
I think this was the most suspicious of Dodgy's post, and was surprised that nobody else found it enough so to comment on it. While we do catch scum through stupid mistakes they make, I don't think the mistakes that Graken has made are exactly suspicious, just... well, stupid. I don't see how a role claim and a detailed description of his weakness equates to stupid mistakes that might make Graken scum. If anything, assuming Graken was scum, it would be some sort of gambit (not a stupid mistake) by claiming cop, but the notion of it being some sort of gambit is shot to hell with the weakness claim.

I, too, am curious behind BJ's vote for armlx.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:16 am

Post by Poirot »

Green Crayons wrote:
Dodgy wrote:I think we all need to decide whether we take Graken at face value or whether we think he has made too many stupid mistakes now to be our real cop.
I think this was the most suspicious of Dodgy's post, and was surprised that nobody else found it enough so to comment on it. While we do catch scum through stupid mistakes they make, I don't think the mistakes that Graken has made are exactly suspicious, just... well, stupid. I don't see how a role claim and a detailed description of his weakness equates to stupid mistakes that might make Graken scum. If anything, assuming Graken was scum, it would be some sort of gambit (not a stupid mistake) by claiming cop, but the notion of it being some sort of gambit is shot to hell with the weakness claim.

I, too, am curious behind BJ's vote for armlx.
I went over the possible reasons behind Graken being scum (on page 2, I believe), but I have to say that it's fairly impossible for Graken to be scum (and still alive). I say that we take Graken at face value and move on-it isn't a big deal.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Get with the programme Green Crayons,
Poirot did pick up on it and after input from a couple of others, I addressed it.
Read my posts.
I am still waiting for BabyJesus to tell us why he thinks armlx is scum?
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Dodgy wrote:Get with the programme Green Crayons,
Poirot did pick up on it and after input from a couple of others, I addressed it.
Read my posts.
I am still waiting for BabyJesus to tell us why he thinks armlx is scum?
:roll:

your protection of armlx is noted.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by Dodgy »

LOL, I'm not protecting armlx, he has hardly posted and in my opinion lurking (maybe for a reason) as I said in an earlier post.
I want to know why you think he is scum as I said BRFORE, our cop is in big trouble and we need all the information we can get, so could you share your thoughts on why you think armlx is scum and then we might see your point.
We just want you to explain!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by Dodgy »

PS. I think you will find (if you read back) that matjoeman and green crayons also want to know your thoughts.
If you think you have some info, then share it with us, thats the whole point lol
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:17 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Dodgy wrote:PS. I think you will find (if you read back) that matjoeman and green crayons also want to know your thoughts.
If you think you have some info, then share it with us, thats the whole point lol
armlx is on the list. See sig.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:20 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Well that was helpful, thanks for that :roll:
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:26 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Dodgy wrote:Well that was helpful, thanks for that :roll:
8)
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Good plan BJ
Vote: the rest of the people on BJ's sig
. LASigd
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:09 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Matjoeman wrote:Good plan BJ
Vote: the rest of the people on BJ's sig
. LASigd
they will all get whats coming to them.....
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Poirot wrote:I went over the possible reasons behind Graken being scum (on page 2, I believe), but I have to say that it's fairly impossible for Graken to be scum (and still alive). I say that we take Graken at face value and move on-it isn't a big deal.
Uh, I've been quite convinced from the get-go that Graken isn't pulling some sort of risky gambit. That wasn't the point of my post. :wink:
Dodgy wrote:Get with the programme Green Crayons,
Read my posts.
I
am
with the program, sir. And, while I found you to be suspicious while reading through the posts, I was surprised that what I thought was the most suspicious point of the quotation that Falcone brought to light nobody talked about.

Here's your quote again, and I'll explain further:
You're giving an ultimatium to the town to decide to believe that Graken is indeed a cop or if he has made "stupid mistakes" which would mean that he is scum. However, my point of contention with your suggestion is that I believe that Graken is a cop
because
he has made all these stupid mistakes, such as revealing himself as well as his weakness. It's quite obvious that he made some errors in judgement, but it looks in this quote as if you're telling the town to decide that Graken's scum if we think he's done things that we consider stupid.

(Note to Graken: Personally, I think "stupid" is too a harsh word, so every time I or someone else uses it, just replace it with "error in judgement." It's a shame that you outed yourself so early in the game, but it's all good, we have to learn at some point.)

I thought it was a suspicious statement to make, and nobody commented specifically about this line. If they did, I missed it, and by all means pull the quotes out so I can read what I missed.
Why should he manipulate the role name and description for someone who is - more than likely - going to die?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:32 pm

Post by Poirot »

Uh, I've been quite convinced from the get-go that Graken isn't pulling some sort of risky gambit.
And I was supporting you.

Personally, I can't see why armlx is not posting. I'll prod him and see if he forgot. Could we get a
Mod Prod on armlx
as well, or possibly a replacement? When the discussion is held up by an absent player, nothing is happening.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh, i thought you were correcting me. Or something. :)
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
Why should he manipulate the role name and description for someone who is - more than likely - going to die?
because the only reason for this role is the existence of a role cop. And I'm of the opinion our role cop getting reliable info is a good thing......

Unless Speedy KQ is scum. In which case he's not gonna do what we ask anyway...
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Exactly, if Graken lives he will have a 100% chance of getting a real role, unless he investigates himself.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 am

Post by Adele »

armlx doesn't post much, but then nor do I. This is a weird game.

Would it be hypocritical to ask Babyjesus: "why did you vote for him?" at the same time as saying: "um, armlx, could you post please?"

I feel zero compulsion to be angry at anyone here. No-one's insulting people, there are no dumb bandwagons (or smart ones either)... this is
such
a weird game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:13 am

Post by Green Crayons »

BabyJesus wrote:because the only reason for this role is the existence of a role cop. And I'm of the opinion our role cop getting reliable info is a good thing......
I was under the impression that Speedy doesn't get role information, he merley makes up a role name and description that if someone else investigates, they'll get that false information instead of the real deal. I'm still not following.

His role ability sounds detrimental to the town, so I'm under the opinion that he shouldn't target anyone.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:17 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Matjoeman wrote:Exactly, if Graken lives he will have a 100% chance of getting a real role, unless he investigates himself.
is Graken the role cop? I must have missed that, I thought he just said cop....

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”