Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

hmm?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

@AV - your case on BabySpice;

- Doesn't like people voting and nothing else but admits to posting fluff - posting just to appear to not be "voting and nothing else"?
Admits to posting fluff - not that you caught her posting fluff, but that she openly admitted she was doing it.

- Doesn't read the game
I'll concede scum skim - scum generally don't openly admit it though.

- Not sure why Furc stating a fact has any implications beyond Furc stating a fact (its now incorrect, btw. I just lost as scum by getting lynched)
BS states furc has 'scummed you up' you ask where, BS gives answer, you declare it a scumtell instead of asking why she thought it scummed you up...this is a scumtell on BS how?

- I'm suspicious of the self elimination
And ignored the Kise one, which was far more relevant and major until I asked you about it.

- Easy attack on Chess
;)

And you still claim she doesn't look like a VI to you somehow and *this* is the case you're using? How is this not a case on VI scum?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

you pulled the same thing in Lost, CK.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Primate »

@VP: I don't see anything particuarly notable yet except the fact he is nowhere near as active as in the last game I played with him in which he was town.

@Sotty: Trendall vote was because I looked through all the people who I considered non-notable and saw the least to like in him.

Chesskids early attitude that town are going to be attacked makes complete sense and don't like EA, BS for moving against that. BS's in particular is pretty dumb. Hoppster is exempt because I did a double take when I read that post as well. The attitude of wanting someone think town to not get UNKbecause you don't like their playstyle is pretty surreal though unless you put forward an alternative candidate. Hoppsters read is the same one I would have had as well, that Anti-town = Scummy.

Wanna know why EA thinks that NCs position that the scum is hanging back and not voting is inaccurate.

Kind of obvious is BS is newer. Don't know what VI is.

NC was right to pick IS up on that, I thought it was an odd move. ISs reaction is awesome.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:12 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I still like my vote on gobots.
And look Kise joined the wagon.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Primate

VI = village idiot. The term has generally expanded to include all players on site who play in sub-optimal ways for their team regardless of alignment. They're actually pretty useful day 1, and remarkably less useful thereon out.

Why is Trendall scummier than IS?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Royal Rumble Stats:

Debonair Danny DiPietro - 5 elim (Nero Cain, AurorusVox, Erratus Apathos, sottyrulez, Kublai Khan)
Gobots - 4 elims (VP Baltar, Internet Stranger, SnakePlissken, Trendall)
bristep123 - 3 elims (vezokpiraka, Lowell, bristep123)
Baby Spice - 3 elims (VasudeVa, Gobots, Baby Spice)
Kublai Khan - 3 elim (Primate, Hoppster, Gman)
AurorusVox - 2 elim (Furcolow, jediknight)
Erratus Apathos - 2 elim (chesskid3, Bella)
Kise - 2 elim (Scott Brosius, Kise)
SnakePlissken - 1 elim (Thor665)
Bella - 1 elim (jasonT1981)

Also:
Inverted STF: Hoppster
<- This is the pro-town move of the day.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Primate »

IS hadn't done anything scummy, and is historically one of the best players we've ever had on this site. Trendhall hadn't done anything at all, really and had a post that purposefully avoided taking a stance. Was tempted by Bella, but she was VLA.

I still think only remotely scummy thing he's done so far is that move on nero instead of someone else after he agreed with him, but nothing else he's done has been particularly notable for IS.

Also VI is a retarded term if it tries to ostracize people with different playstyles. There are good players and there are bad players, good players catch scum, bad players fail to catch scum, how they do so is irrelevant, and grouping all the people who don't play normally into a single group of VI is just going to legitimize the bad ones who are in there, surely? Just call them bad players or newbs if you really have to. But anyway.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Thor: I was under the impression that a VI was a person who gave off scumtells by doing silly things
despite being town
. I didn't think there was such a thing as a scumVI. I've not got much time now but I'll go back and look at the games I've played with BS-scum and see if she played differently there or if she gave off similar tells.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Khan - Hoppster? Reaally? AV attacks are waaaay more town oriented.

@Primate - I choose to polietly bow out of the psychological discussion of the groups, but will simply note it is human nature to classify people into either "like us" or "not like us" and react accordingly.

@AV - If town has VIs than so do scum - it is the nature of the game. You may call them whatever you wish, but they are there. I look forward to your reanalysis. I'll admit it slightly concerns me that you're going that route instead of telling me to shove off. Is my read not bad in your mind?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

VI is village idiot. It's a town that plays scummy. It's never a scum.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Vezo - so what are you called when you're scum? ;)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I really wish people would stop insisting that VI has a town or scum definition. A VI is just a hard-to-read player. usually because of erratic and irrational play.

I'm not getting a scum read on AurorusVox. Hoppster, on the other hand, is playing like scum.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Kise »

BBL (tomorrow maybe). I'm on page 24.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Khan - I actually agreed with that - until I looked at some of his other games. Hoppster is a loose goose who worships the wiki and seems to honestly believe it's like a big book of legitimate scum tells as opposed to general suggestions on the idea of scummy behavior. When you take that into account does he still look scummy to you? If so - why?

I agree with you about VI, though. That's pretty close to the definition as I believe it's legitimately used.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Flying visit;
Thor: Your read of me as scum is wrong but if I'm basing my case on BabySpice on a false understanding then your case isn't bad, objectively speaking, just misguided. AFAICT your argument is I'm hypocritical for attacking BS because she is an easy target due to being a "VI" - if upon rereading her scum games I see a marked difference then I will concede that her play here is likely stemming from scummy town play. But if it's the same, then I'd stand by my case and direct you to instances of similarity between them. Atm, BS' reply to me didn't look what I would call VIish (as I think I've already said). More research will determine.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Chesskid: I'd like to know what you hate so much about VPB's style of play.

@ jasonT: Are you referring to Chesskid's threat to vig?

@ KK: I'm playing like scum in what sense?

@ NC: Upon ISOing you we get "A PL of Chess wouldn't hurt us" and then "Meta says Chess is prob town" in posts #16 and #17 respectively. What exactly is the Policy Lynch for? I'm also not completely happy with your "They [Chesskid's metas] aren't too terribly different. In his own words he's unreadable. Though I think he's a tad fluffier when scum." You don't sound confident enough with his meta to make a statement like "Chess is prob town".

@ Thor: Wait, so if I wasn't a "loose goose who worships the wiki", I would be more scummy? Why? I'm not quite following you here.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

hey jason, interesting that I'm a scumread to you, and yet you just pointed out I'm doing the same thing I did in lost where i was what alignment again? My memory is kind of fuzzy on the fact that I was LOVERS WITH YOU DERP
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yea, thats now made me think slightly different off you

@Hopster: yea, CK has a habbit of claiming scummy roles/actions as town. I think there was another too but I can't remember what game it was. But yea, recent from town chess.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p2760841
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

>_>
I'm actually more serious as scum.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yes, he does. The Wiki-thing is a null-tell.

First 3 posts in Rumble- moves with little to no explanation.

He claimed to have no opinion of VP Baltar's list as far as to who to target for removal from the Rumble, but he had exclusively targetted Lowell & JasonT1981 who were on VP's list.

Iso #3 - Admits to skimming and not wanting to join in "list" discussion.

Has not attempted to open any new avenue of discussion

Iso #4 - "Wouldn't it make sense for scum to just sheep and attack the people that everybody else is attacking?"

Blatant self-mockery scum-tell.

Iso #9 - Denial & Deflection 101

Iso #17 - Fluff-Hunting.

Asks Vas why she hates GMan, but never follows up on it once it's not answered.

Iso #21 - Strongly focusing on an inconsequential item in a post made by a overall pro-town person. Good way to have a little argument then back down and look pro-town because of it. Which is exactly what happens in 23-25.

The rest reads like ambitious newb-scum going after a VI (chesskid3) trying to gauge who is up for an easy bandwagon/lynch.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Hoppster - Because then your case and lampshading would have looked like a pathetically weak case via wiki tells combined with scummy deflection of an attack on the case via "but guys, I was innocently misguided" defense.

Instead you just look like a player whose reads I'll probably take with some grains of sodium for the moment, but you don't look scummy. I've actually said this all before, albeit not directly, learning to read what people are saying as opposed to typing will help your game improve...or at least get you annoyed at me more as you notice more of my inbuilt sarcasm that I hide behind my pleasantly demure bearded exterior. Either way is probably a step in the right direction ;)

@KK - Hmmm, I like 4 and 17 I'll admit. I may or may not have an issue with his attitude towards the list depending on his reply. I think you're reading his chess push wrong, but that doesn't prove he's town. Objection withdrawn, proceed.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Also: This may be helpful to for those wanting to count words without having to open up word (or whatever):

On-Line Word Counter

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 1.5!

Baby Spice - 3 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Furcolow, AurorusVox)
Nero Cain - 3 (VP Baltar, Internet Stranger, jasonT1989)
chesskid3 - 2 (Baby Spice, Hoppster)
Gobots - 2 (Vezokpiraka, Kise)
Internet Stranger - 2 (Nero Cain, Errathus Apathos)
AurorusVox - 2 (Thor665, VP Baltar)
Hoppster - 2 (VasudeVa, Kublai Khan)
jasonT1989 - 1 (Sottyrulez)
Trendall - 1 (Primate)
Erratus Apathos - 1 (chesskid3)
VasudeVa - 1 (GMan)

Not voting - 8 (Lowell, Scott Brosius, Trendall, SnakePlissken, jediknight, bristep123, Bella, Gobots)

JR: Hoppster is in excrutiating pain here as Kublai Khan applies the reverse STF!

King: You were right, JR! This is turning into a trainwreck! Superstars are turning on each other at the drop of a hat!

JR: if Mr McMahon thinks carnage is going to help catch the masked assailants, he's certainly gone the right way about it.

To answer a question from while I was away, you can unvote in the normal way, although unvotes aren't necessary.

jediknight, SnakePlissken, Trendall & Scott Brosius have been prodded. As it is the weekend and it has not been much over 48 hours, I'm delaying sottyrulez and Debonair Danny DiPietro's prods until tomorrow. Bella has declared V/LA until tomorrow.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I have been made aware of an unacceptable post made while I was away. The player in question has been told that this will not be tolerated and notified that any such behaviour will result in a force-replace. This goes for anyone else in the game. If you feel that you can't make a post without resorting to offensive language or personal attacks, please ask for a replacement rather than making this game an unpleasant experience for others.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”