Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

You're avatar is extremely creepy, by the way. If that was your goal, you succeeded. :?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by Poirot »

Matjoeman wrote:
UnFOS:Gracken

If this isn't a ploy then he dies tonight. If he doesn't we should consider lynching him.

If you are cop, BAAAAAAAAAAAD idea with the whole restriction claim.
I'd almost say we could attempt a lynch, except that that may give the mafia an extra kill if we're wrong. So, back to square 1.
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Adele »

agreed.
UnFOS: Gracken
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:53 pm

Post by Falcone »

So everyone is convinced that Graken is protown then? I agree for the most part that he'll probably die tonight, and that we can always lynch him if he stays alive for too long, but let's not forget that we have evidence that there might be a mafia investigator. His first post really doesn't clear him from being one, so it's possible that he made a mistake with the pm and still is mafia. And it might be not such a good idea to leave a mafia investigator alive for a night. Therefore, I'm going to ask of Graken that he reveals the flavour of his role, and that he explains why he can't be protected.

Unvote: Poirot
Vote: Dodgy

Dodgy wrote:Ok people, PLEASE no more role claims!
At this rate, the scum will be able to figure out who our Doc is, if anyone else claims.
Its plain madness!!!
As for Graken, you've blown it mate! Revealing that
you can't be protected night 1
is a suicidal thing to say, that is... if you are our cop?
I seriously suspect you are but you are saying some very sytange things and I'm starting to think you may be playing us.
I know many people that play on this site, who are VERY experienced, that scrap their details and create new names so that they will appear newbies when infact they arn't.
I think we all need to decide whether we take Graken at face value or whether we think he has made too many stupid mistakes now to be our real cop.
I'm undecided and am watching him closely but would like to hear other peoples views on him.
1. Graken said he can't be protected at any night, not only N1.
2. This post seems a little over-emotional, he could be trying to come of as a worried townie.
3. He asks for input from others, then when two people have proposed the (really quite obvious) plan of testing Graken by letting him alive for a night, he calmly states that that's fine with him.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:24 am

Post by Graken »

Falcone, I actually agree with your statement. I'll place a vote on Dodgy myself.

Unvote: Shamrock
Vote: Dodgy

I also wanted to state, that I have never played on this site before in any way. The first I even heard of this place was approximately 2 weeks ago.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 am

Post by Graken »

Falcone wrote:Therefore, I'm going to ask of Graken that he reveals the flavour of his role, and that he explains why he can't be protected.
I will if the majority of the town wants me to.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

There is nothing to lose by revealing flavor, if the mechanics are already out of the bag.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by warpdragon »

It seems as though Grakens unprotectable claim may have helped the town unlike some people see it. If he is not lying, then the scum have to be crazy not to kill him. If he is scum, he will be exposed by not dying. By claiming unprotectable, he has prevented the doc from wasting the protection, so therefore if the mafia do not shoot him, the doc has a better chance of protecting correctly since he is selecting from a smaller set of people.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Post by Shamrock »

warpdragon wrote:It seems as though Grakens unprotectable claim may have helped the town unlike some people see it. If he is not lying, then the scum have to be crazy not to kill him. If he is scum, he will be exposed by not dying. By claiming unprotectable, he has prevented the doc from wasting the protection, so therefore if the mafia do not shoot him, the doc has a better chance of protecting correctly since he is selecting from a smaller set of people.
But if he hadn't claimed that, the mafia might not have tried to kill him because they figured the doc would protect him. Now they have no reason whatsoever not to.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Ok firstly
Unvote: SpeedyKQ
cos it was only a silly vote to start the game cos I get bored of saying "random vote".
Secondly, I explained in my post that I was pretty sure that Graken was just a newbie and had made a mistaken post, I was merely pointing out that I know of friends of mine that keep scrapping their details in order to become a newbie again and then play such hands as the one that has just be played, however, I feel inside that this is a genuine mistake.
I am pro town and thats why I mentioned it, we have as good as lost our Cop so all possiblities have to be explored.
I asked for other peoples opinions and only got 2 before going to bed last night, and tended to agree with them as I had already pointed out, I believed it was a newbie mistake.
Now as for Falcone, You seem very ready to start a bandwagon rolling, and to trash my comments which were there to purely inform the town of the antics that some players will go to, to win a game.
The fact that you jumped straight on me for giving the town information which can only lead to peolpe making an informed decision, is VERY suspicious!
Why would you try to rubbish someone that wants to debate all the possibilities?
FOS: Falcone
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by armlx »

What are you talking about WD????
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by Adele »

I'll add my voice to the chorus of: Flavour, please, Graken! You've already said everything of any use to the scum, may as well finish the job.
Falcone wrote:
Dodgy wrote:Ok people, PLEASE no more role claims!
At this rate, the scum will be able to figure out who our Doc is, if anyone else claims.
Its plain madness!!!
As for Graken, you've blown it mate! Revealing that you can't be protected night 1 is a suicidal thing to say, that is... if you are our cop?
I seriously suspect you are but you are saying some very sytange things and I'm starting to think you may be playing us.
I know many people that play on this site, who are VERY experienced, that scrap their details and create new names so that they will appear newbies when infact they arn't.
I think we all need to decide whether we take Graken at face value or whether we think he has made too many stupid mistakes now to be our real cop.
I'm undecided and am watching him closely but would like to hear other peoples views on him.
1. Graken said he can't be protected at any night, not only N1, so furhter nights are irrelevant.
2. This post seems a little over-emotional, he could be trying to come of as a worried townie.
3. He asks for input from others, then when two people have proposed the (really quite obvious) plan of testing Graken by letting him alive for a night, he calmly states that that's fine with him.
1. Graken didn't contradict this, but (I'd infer) thought Graken'd die N1
2. There'd been 2 roleclaims by then - post 46! I think emphasis was appropriate
3. Asked for input, got input, used input. How's that suspicious?

It's enough for me:
Vote Falcone
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Graken »

All, I have to travel this weekend and not sure if I will have internet access. I will be back on Monday around noon. I have already let Halo know via PM.

Okay, to flavor claim now. I am The Doomed Hero. Since I can't repeat verbatim, essentially, I get to investigate one player each night. The fruits of your labor are hardly ever praised and accordingly, if your character is protected then it does no good, cause after all, you are doomed to die for the sake of the town. Hopefully, you can do something to help.

Well, hope that helps. I have to split now. I'll see you all on Monday at the latest.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:47 am

Post by Falcone »

Response to Dodgy's and Adele's comments:

1) I thought that N1 comment of Dodgy was a slip-up that implied he knew something only the mafia could know. I realize now that the mafia probably didn't even get to talk before the game, so even if Dodgy were mafia, he wouldn't know that piece of info.
2&3) The main thing that got my attention was the sudden change in tone between Dodgy's posts 46 and 49. Adele is right that some emphasis was called for, since the two claims we have had probably won't do the town much good, let alone any further claims. And I researched some of Dodgy's earlier games, and his posting style is consistent with some earlier games he was protown in. So I don't have a reason anymore to think Dodgy is scum.

Unvote: Dodgy

About Graken, the flavour of his role seems plausible. I was thinking he might be some kind of secret service agent, like when Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible gets to hear that when he messes up, the CIA or whatever will deny he ever worked for them or something. Or is that another movie? Anyway, I believe Graken is who he says he is.

Oh, and I just noticed that BabyJesus hasn't posted since the game started. Since he usually is a very active player, maybe he has forgotten about it?

Mod
, could you give him a prod?
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:49 am

Post by halo freak »

Sure.
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

*smacks Cadmium with stick for fun*
- Phoebus
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:26 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Hi! yea, I forgot about this game, sorry guys. I will
vote armlx
for now.

Ok, let me go check to see what the heck my role is, then I'll add more. You guys can focus on lynching armlx meanwhile.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:34 am

Post by BabyJesus »

ok, checked my role. good news! I'm pro-town! yaay! Glad to see I'm not scum with armlx, that would be awkward....

Thoughts:

1) SpeedyKQ, do you pick which players gets your fake role?
2) Graken - :roll:
3) No reason not to finish off armlx at this point
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by Dodgy »

BabyJesus, why do you think armlx is scum?
Sure he isn't posting much and lurking can be construde as lying low for a reason but I'm intersted to hear your thoughts.
With a cop as good as buried, we need all the input we can get.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by warpdragon »

armlx wrote:What are you talking about WD????
Its all in the numbers. Lets say there are 3 scum (I have no idea but this is a typical number). We have gracken as unprotectable. We lynch someone today. That leaves 7 other people for the scum to target, so the chance of the doc working is 1/7, but if the doc had a chance to waste the protection it would be 1/8 chance of success. Make any more sense?
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by Poirot »

Graken wrote:All, I have to travel this weekend and not sure if I will have internet access. I will be back on Monday around noon. I have already let Halo know via PM.

Okay, to flavor claim now. I am The Doomed Hero. Since I can't repeat verbatim, essentially, I get to investigate one player each night. The fruits of your labor are hardly ever praised and accordingly, if your character is protected then it does no good, cause after all, you are doomed to die for the sake of the town. Hopefully, you can do something to help.

Well, hope that helps. I have to split now. I'll see you all on Monday at the latest.
That's actually quite plausible. Wow.
UnFOS
So, now that we have this, where do we stand? Actually, nowhere.
Its all in the numbers. Lets say there are 3 scum (I have no idea but this is a typical number). We have gracken as unprotectable. We lynch someone today. That leaves 7 other people for the scum to target, so the chance of the doc working is 1/7, but if the doc had a chance to waste the protection it would be 1/8 chance of success. Make any more sense?
Hmm. So where does this put us? If there are three mafia, then we probably wouldn't lose anything from a blind vote, but right now, do we have anything going for us?
Prod Armlx
-I know he is online more than he posts. :x
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 pm

Post by Blackberry »

^^ LOVE HIS SCREENNAME ^^

<3 Agatha Christie
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Bah, busy with work - I'll provide my opinions on sunday.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Graken wrote:All, I have to travel this weekend and not sure if I will have internet access. I will be back on Monday around noon. I have already let Halo know via PM.

WHy the hell are you telling us this? I realize you guys like the whole "Lych all liars" bullshit, but this is freaking ridiculous.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by Adele »

Falcone wrote:1) I thought that N1 comment of Dodgy was a slip-up that implied he knew something only the mafia could know. I realize now that the mafia probably didn't even get to talk before the game, so even if Dodgy were mafia, he wouldn't know that piece of info.
2&3) The main thing that got my attention was the sudden change in tone between Dodgy's posts 46 and 49. Adele is right that some emphasis was called for, since the two claims we have had probably won't do the town much good, let alone any further claims. And I researched some of Dodgy's earlier games, and his posting style is consistent with some earlier games he was protown in. So I don't have a reason anymore to think Dodgy is scum.

Unvote: Dodgy
Hate to repeat myself, but:
It's enough for me
Unvote: Falcone
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Dodgy wrote:BabyJesus, why do you think armlx is scum?
Yeah jesus I'd like to hear your wisdom, beyond he's lurking.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”