VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:15 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hm, weak. He seems consistent in supporting it.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 am

Post by W!nt3r »

wait... why did I FOS: crop? :oops:

i'm tired

I meant for that to be a
FOS: Vis

UnFOS: Crop

FOS: W!nt3r
for being FOS happy.
Strategy, smategy.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:11 am

Post by Macros »

hold the phone batman!
How are people buying CA's blatant crap logic? I'm sticking with my vote, his initial, "well if he wasn't dead he could clear me" BS was enough for me, but now going as far as to put words in our mouths
"oh when i claim you'll all be like d'oh and kick yourself in the face and stuff because my falsified claim is super fucking awesome and definately worthy of a self facekick"
geuss what CA? until i see this claim, i won't be saying anything of the kind, and if it is a plausable good role, i still won't kick myself in the face, i'll kick you for playing so badly and scummy as town.
Good-god people, he went as far to say "i'm first on is investigation list thats living, and hes dead, so clearly i'm innocent, ya know, I knew he was going to investigate me and now hes dead, so the clear logic is that i'm innocent" oh please why not give us a note saying "thats right, I nailed him because I knew he was going to investigate me, and find me as dirty as a white horse rolling in the mud".
tuh, vote stays
Oh the huge manatee!!
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:35 am

Post by W!nt3r »

How would CA know Iammars was a cop? He would have to have A, spoken with Iammars or B been a watcher and seen Iammars investigating someone (CA obviously) or C been mafia investigator and in each senario he would have also had to convince the rest of the mafia(if hw was in fact mafia) to kill Iammars.

CA came out with his "i think i was investigated last night" post after Iammars was found dead in the morning. This points to two things: A) he did in fact know that Iammars was a cop. or B) he is being stupid and making day one commotion to see who's stands where.

He was the 4-5th person to post, it was a one liner... on day one. If anything ...
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:39 am

Post by VisMaior »

Uh, what? He knew it
because
Iammars was dead.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Lostprophet »

Ugh, read the thread buddy. See post 60.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:46 am

Post by W!nt3r »

VisMaior wrote:Uh, what? He knew it
because
Iammars was dead.
thats what I'm saying

So this whole He killed him because he knew hew was cop shit is without substance. get it?
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:58 am

Post by VisMaior »

How would CA know Iammars was a cop?
He just read it on the first post?
He would have to have A, spoken with Iammars or B been a watcher and seen Iammars investigating someone (CA obviously) or C been mafia investigator and in each senario he would have also had to convince the rest of the mafia(if hw was in fact mafia) to kill Iammars.
What? This makes no sense to me. If CA has spoken to Iamamars, then he is mason with him. I have yet to see a cop-mason, that turns out cop, so A is nonsense.
If he is mafia investigator, I dont thin he can investigate, get results and decide who to lynch afterwards in the same night. That stands for mafia watcher as well. These are nonsense. Its not that they proove anything, they are impossible in the first place.
CA came out with his "i think i was investigated last night" post after Iammars was found dead in the morning. This points to two things: A) he did in fact know that Iammars was a cop. or B) he is being stupid and making day one commotion to see who's stands where.
When he made that post, Iammars was already revealed as cop, no? So whats your point?

And while this makes no sense to me, it also does not clear CA, either.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 am

Post by VisMaior »

So this whole He killed him because he knew hew was cop shit is without substance. get it?
I get it. Who said otherwise?
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:07 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Macros wrote:hold the phone batman!
How are people buying CA's blatant crap logic? I'm sticking with my vote, his initial, "well if he wasn't dead he could clear me" BS was enough for me, but now going as far as to put words in our mouths
"oh when i claim you'll all be like d'oh and kick yourself in the face and stuff because my falsified claim is super fucking awesome and definately worthy of a self facekick"
geuss what CA? until i see this claim, i won't be saying anything of the kind, and if it is a plausable good role, i still won't kick myself in the face, i'll kick you for playing so badly and scummy as town.
Good-god people, he went as far to say "i'm first on is investigation list thats living, and hes dead, so clearly i'm innocent, ya know, I knew he was going to investigate me and now hes dead, so the clear logic is that i'm innocent" oh please why not give us a note saying "thats right, I nailed him because I knew he was going to investigate me, and find me as dirty as a white horse rolling in the mud".
tuh, vote stays

this entire post is what I was refering to.
Strategy, smategy.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:12 am

Post by VisMaior »

Oh, I see. It could have been a lucky shot. I must say that CA is exhibiting CrapLogic, when he says he is innocent just because InHim is a cop.

Altough the last sentence is bullshit, the point still stands.

The thing is, CA was not necessarily pushing that we should see his innocence just on that fact, he just wanted someone to revive Inhim, because he thinks he can confirm him. (Or at least I dont remember that)
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:18 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Iammars is dead, I pretty sure Inhim is still alive. You're getting names mixed up now.
Strategy, smategy.
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:19 am

Post by Lostprophet »

Yeah, stop doing that, I'm already very confused by this whole exchange.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:29 am

Post by HezLucky »

StrykkerVerde wrote: And secondly HezLucky,

What the hell, you don't care who we lynch? How do you mean that? Would that mean that you don't care because your too lazy to pay attention to the game, or that you don't care because no matter what either of those two arent in your scum group?

Either way your not helping the town by not careing.
I have my reason for not caring.

If you were in my position, you wouldn't care either.

NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY... immigrants...
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Unvote: Dranko20

W!nt3r wrote:no the reason is: elvis_knits' post #98 in which she pointed out the face that Jecht was inconsistant in his support of bandwagon's, CA's point in saying Jecht was shady is basicaly saying "Yeah he did look kinda scummy"

FOS: Crop
for defending stupidness.
FOS: Jecht
for being scummy internet thing.
Vote W!nt3r
Why are you FOS'ing and not voting in a game this size?

In other news I'll be out of town until after the weekend.
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:53 am

Post by Lostprophet »

Unvote, Vote: JechtMurray
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 am

Post by ibaesha »

Sotty7 wrote: Vote W!nt3r Why are you FOS'ing and not voting in a game this size?
I agree with that. After catching up, out of all the commotion going on, there's no reason not to vote for -somebody-, especially in a game this size.

unvote; vote: W!nt3r
but I somewhat like the JechtMurry bandwagon too (for reasons already mentioned) and may change my vote later.

As for the CA thing: It's a bit weird he'd attempt to clear himself that way, but then again, it made for a good start of the day convo and drew a lot of attention his way. Making convo is good for the town so right now I'm not thinking he's too scummy.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:20 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Lostprophet wrote:
Yeah, this is fair enough. I was too enthusiastic about what I though was a scum mistake, and it was stupid. I'm in the process of making a monster post detailing interesting posts from the start of the game.

Might take a while to sort it out, but hopefully within an hour, I'll have all my notes spread in front of the town to see.
Lostprophet
Lostprophet
Goon
Lostprophet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Lostprophet »

Cool beans.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:24 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Sotty7 wrote:
Unvote: Dranko20

W!nt3r wrote:no the reason is: elvis_knits' post #98 in which she pointed out the face that Jecht was inconsistant in his support of bandwagon's, CA's point in saying Jecht was shady is basicaly saying "Yeah he did look kinda scummy"

FOS: Crop
for defending stupidness.
FOS: Jecht
for being scummy internet thing.
Vote W!nt3r
Why are you FOS'ing and not voting in a game this size?

In other news I'll be out of town until after the weekend.
Why not vote? Because I have many suspicions and no need to vote... why are you questioning me not voting when you vote for me for not voting, just say your voting for me for not voting then I'll tell you why I'm not voting. Is it really so hard?

Why are you using votes to start bandwagons when your votes' don't count?

AND/////
Thanks for following blindly behind Dranko, Ibaesha. If you want to jump on the Jecht-wagon, do so...
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:26 am

Post by W!nt3r »

JechtMurray wrote:
Lostprophet wrote:
Yeah, this is fair enough. I was too enthusiastic about what I though was a scum mistake, and it was stupid. I'm in the process of making a monster post detailing interesting posts from the start of the game.

Might take a while to sort it out, but hopefully within an hour, I'll have all my notes spread in front of the town to see.
I eagerly await these notes, should be helpful to all of us.
Strategy, smategy.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Right, I'll split it up into 2 posts.

First half of the game: a selection of notes.

This is where the game started really.
Commodore Amazing wrote:Wow. That seems terrible. I'll vote: Aureal
I'm pretty sure Iammars investigated me last night, so if someone can revive him so he can tell everyone that I'm innocent, that would be lovely.
This is what started the CA bandwagon. The very first game post of the game had an aparently empathetic cry about the night. Now, it's obviously pretty risky to base arguements on who comments on night first, as someone always has to. However the first statement did not seem very sincere.

The second one, as has been analysed to death, really got things going.
PookytheMagicalBear wrote:vote Commodore Amazing

first person to cry about nightkills is usually scumbag.
The first vote on CA. A reasonable vote. After this
ElvisKnits
points out his CA's scummy statement then some people vote him with 'I agree' type votes'
inhimshallbe wrote:Hmmm... apparently we have something a-rolling.

Works for me Smile.

Vote: Commodore Amazing - Bandwagon, ho! [/thundercats]
And
Macros wrote:i feel like bandwagoning tonight, tonight!
vote CA
no real reason beyond the suspicions already alluded to by others.
And
Me wrote:This looks fun. I feel left out. :'(

Unvote, Vote:Commodore Amazing

*shrug*

Until we have something better to do. -
As you can see, I'm not the first one to express an interest in joining the bandwagon. In fact, I am the first to vote under the condition that the town did not have anything better to go on. (Ironic that it seems like I'm the new thing to go on ;))

Elvis Knits
laters posts this:
elvis_knits wrote:
Commodore, it wasn't the fact that you thought Iammars would investigate you that made me think your comment was scummy. It was that you felt the need to tell us all that if he were alive he would tell us that you're innocent. 1) He can't tell us that, because he's NOT alive, and 2) Everyone's gonna say they're innocent, so what's you point?

Which are fair points in my opinion.
Aureal wrote:These points don't make any sense. For 1), dismissing a what-if scenario on the basis that it can't happen, when everybody including the person who proposed the scenario is aware of that, is pointless. And for 2)... what? We're talking about Iammars saying CA is innocent here, not someone claiming his own innocence. And you darn well know that. vote: elvis_knits
Aureal was quick to try and rubbish these points, and trying to make the point that in some way Iammars would have been saying CA was innocent. Obviously this was a bit dodgy logic, as CA obviously was trying to claim his innocence(as Elvis points out), even if it was a joke.

inhimshallbe wrote:Pfft... CA, I should've known you were good. My apologies.

Unvote
Vote: cropcircles - for his most recent post.
This was a big WTF post for me. This is a really sudden leap off a bandwagon vote with very little explaination. The post in question was this:
cropcircles wrote:@diggy: Commodore was eager to clear himself when no one thought he was scummy. Yeah, these mafiascum folk are a bloodthirsty bunch.

I'mma go with CA on this one. Vote Pooky
This was only an explainatory post with a vote for whom he percieved to have started the CA bandwagon. I didn't think this was all that scummy.

I'm obviously missing out some posts here, as I can't fit everything in.
Dranko20 wrote:screw all yall vote: coron
This is pretty much where it goes wrong for me. When I spotted this, I had assumed that he had made a big mistake. I had also assumed that there would be some sort of mod punishment for trying to vote while vote-blocked, as it's pretty misleading.

Stay tuned, I'm not finished by any means.

Incidentaly, we need to sort of the people who only have like 2 posts or haven't posted at all. Could someone more adept with forums do a
post count
please?

I'll get started on the second half, then an extra smaller post to try and sum up the main points if that's okay.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:16 am

Post by ibaesha »

W!nt3r wrote: Thanks for following blindly behind Dranko, Ibaesha. If you want to jump on the Jecht-wagon, do so...
I wasn't 'blindly' following Dranko. In fact, I was thinking it before I even got to his post. As for the Jecht-wagon, he's got enough pressure on him already, therefore I am putting my vote with a different suspicion.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:58 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Part 2

inhimshallbe wrote:Now I have the feeling that cropcircles is creating a fake right in front of our very eyes. Let's lynch him!
Niiiiice. Unfounded lynch attempt there.
Sotty7 wrote:
I took the CA mentioning of bringing Iammars back to life as a joke so I don't really agree with the wagon as of right now.

Dranko20 wrote:
A black man stole my vote. I can't vote today..

Dranko20 wrote:
screw all yall vote: coron

Unvote, Vote: Dranko20
Yeah alright, I admit it. I didn't notice the Dranko vote untill he pointed it out. :shame:
cropcircles wrote:*waits for a vote count*

*ignores inHim*
Yeah, that's what everyone's been doing. That was the third time inhim placed a pretty meaningless vote on someone.
me wrote: We shall see! LAL!

Unvote

Vote:Dranko20
As it's my post, I'm obviously going to be biased on this. Due to me forgetting to put 'potential' in front of LAL, I've became the obvious replacement lynch wagon. All I can say is that I was excited to see what I thought was a big mistake. He was 'potentially' lying about the vote block. As it turns out, the big mistake is mines.
coron wrote:LAL is stupid, but if his vote does show up I will agree that this is a case in which I should apply.
Yup. I was almost right, barring the word potential. Turns out it was just a mistake so LAL doesn't apply, but it would have if he had messed up.

Next up is Elvis Knits again. You'll notice I seem to have referenced her a fair bit in my first half. This is because as far as I can tell she is performing well at picking up lines of interest and prmoting discussion on them.
ElvisKnits wrote:When the Commodore bandwagon was picking up, he said:
Jecht wrote:
Go go Amazing bandwagon!

and then
Jecht wrote:
This looks fun. I feel left out. :'(

Unvote, Vote:Commodore Amazing

*shrug*

Until we have something better to do.

Seems to me like he didn't believe in the bandwagon. If you don't believe in the reasons for it, why be on it?
Well, it was an information bandwagon from my perspective. You'll notice that I specified that I was voting until we had something better to do. You'll notice plenty of other people who just joined and said nothing else. Or voted with a celebratory style, much like my 'go go' statement. I was far from alone in joining CA's bandwagon.

Incidentaly, I also let CA know that we was like 4 from a lynch in an effort to get him to claim. Although while it's easy for me to say this in hindsight, I would've unvoted if he needed more time to claim.
ElvisKnits wrote:And now with the vote on Dranko for LAL... seems like Jecht is just making up reasons to vote people.
If you'd read the posts properly, even though my post wasn't phrased properly, I said 'We shall see!' It was easily a case of LAL if his post had turned up. I didn't make up anything.
bigbenwd wrote:so, anyone else notice commodore try to inconspicuously not claim ad get away with it somehow despite his blatant earlier scummyness, and his semi claim post was weird too. something like my role's def. in the game and def. good was his argument. that kind of role would be exactly what I would look for if I were scum, and nobody asked for a claim from him until now? I think his half-assed town claim is the most suspicious thing right now, but I did just read through the thread in like 5 min. so I could be a bit off. i'm going to Vote: commodoreamazing and wait for a claim.
I liked this post. I'm not the only one who noticed CA's claim dodging.
Commodore Amazing wrote:If that happens, everyone will hear my claim, say, "Derf, I don't know why I was voting for him in the first place," and then we'll bandwagon someone who was on my bandwagon. So let's just skip my claim and go straight to JechtMurray.
Does no one else find this really strange? Leaving it really late to claim's quite worrying and puts him into an easily lynchable situation by one or two who go 'I think he's fake claiming doc!'. Assuming he is town I wouldn't want to risk waiting to claim until one or two away.
Hezlucky wrote: Unvote, Vote: JechtMurray

since, to be honest, I don't care.
This is fine. It's an obvious breadcrumb for some sort of role claim later. His later quote is obviously pretty generic right wing ranting, but I can't find anything that it would allude to.
StrykkerVerde wrote:CommodoreAmazing = Really scummy, why dont we just skip your claim and move on to somebody else?

I dont know what makes you think that plan is acceptable but so far we've questioned you and questioned you and all you've done is dodge having to answer our questions. Now your just trying to dodge answering again, so if it'll take 14 or 15 votes to get you to claim then i say we give it to him.
Well done. I'm pleased with his behavior.

Then...
Bamboomancer wrote:
StrykkerVerde wrote: wrote:

What the hell, you don't care who we lynch? How do you mean that? Would that mean that you don't care because your too lazy to pay attention to the game, or that you don't care because no matter what either of those two arent in your scum group?

Either way your not helping the town by not careing.

You make a good point.

However, Vote: Jecht Murray

is easier.
This I don't like. You concede that Strykker made a good, logical point. Then you want to take the 'easier' way? It makes it sound like you don't really mind who gets lynched. Unless it's your mafia buddy? I noticed you avoided the 'easy' Commodore Amazing bandwagon.

FOS: Crop for defending stupidness.
FOS: Jecht for being scummy internet thing.
Sorry, but this was wrong. I wasn't inconsistant at all. I went on the bandwagon, and kept trying to probe for info. But at no point did I ever try to hide the fact that I was bandwagoning.
Vismajor wrote:Hm, weak. He seems consistent in supporting it.
See? I appreciate Vismajor for taking the time to actually say 'Hold on here' and looking at the evidence against me. Mostly stolen from other posts the evidence is:

'Jecht says LAL' - Me
'Bad LAL Jecht, and you bandwagoned!' - Elvis, votes me
'Yeah, he was scummy!' - says the currently highly voted CA

And since people have been piling on me. I don't have an issue with this, as it's obviously part of the game, and I might well be doing so in someone elses shoes. I do think however, that a few scum took the chance to put a qagon on me, and too many people have went along with it without actually looking at what I said.

A bit later, Macros
nearly
hits the nail on the head about CA. Sadly his arguement makes a point that assumes CA knew Iammars was a cop. Not quite there, but another person who is at least thinking about things, if a little too much.
W!nt3r wrote:AND/////
Thanks for following blindly behind Dranko, Ibaesha. If you want to jump on the Jecht-wagon, do so...
If you want people to bandwagon for info, that's fine, say so. However, just trying to get peoples to commit to a bandwagon without actually doing so yourself is a bit suspicious.

*relaxes*
That's most of my thoughts individually. I'll need to make a post which ties everything together. I don't expect people to se this and change their minds, in fact I assume some people who haven't voted me to now vote me, if they take offence to any thoughts I've had about them. I don't know if I can make a summary now, but I'll come back in a few hours hopefully to clarify anything people have questions about.

I know I'll have missed things, feel free to point out things, but this was all pretty rushed.

I'll try and collect all the people who I feel are most pro-town, and most scummy. I'm off to refresh myself.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:56 am

Post by armlx »

What? Voting Winter for not voting someone? That seems like a mediocre bandwagon compared to Drakno's screw it, vote x...
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”