Nativity Mafia - Game Over, Praise The Lord!

Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 am

Post by Puzzle »

Sheep don't talk, much. Dead sheep don't talk, ever.
-- Mod
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:11 am

Post by d8P »

Since the scum have already realised I guess it can't hurt. I'm night immune. If I'm targetted for certain night choices people feel an overwhelming urge to help the needy and they can't perform. I presume this is why they lost their kill a couple nights ago.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:14 am

Post by Fiasco »

Vote: VisMaior

In case he turns out to be innocent, we can always lynch d8P the next day.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:02 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hm, so you are saying they wasted like 3 kills on you?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Fritzler »

This sketch has been censored by the other Kids in the Hall.

(no talking Fritz, you're dead -- Mod)
Surfs up dude.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:10 am

Post by d8P »

I have no idea how many kills they wasted on me but it seems that some of them certainly did as there aren't any doctors left.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:08 am

Post by Fiasco »

For reference, SK didn't kill on nights 2 and 3; mafia didn't kill on nights 1, 3 and 7. Last doctor died night 4. That's a lot of failed kills with just one doctor; specifically, two kills failed night 3. So I think d8P's claim is plausible.

Not sure what to think of the lack of night 7 kill; I'll have to look at what the reason for the no-lynch was. In theory the mafia could have chosen not to kill, or could have been absent.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Fiasco »

Also, three sheep seems like an... odd number, especially given that there were two shepherds. That probably doesn't prove anything, though.

Does anyone *disagree* with my strategy of lynching VisMaior and then d8P? It seems like a straightforward town win to me. I suppose that in theory, Squonk or I could be scum, but I think both of us have good evidence in favor of our innocence.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:17 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Vote:VisMaior
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by d8P »

I agree with the lynching VisMaior part but would strongly protest against you lynching me :)

Vis has claimed sheep. He's the last scum or we have to consider other options like one of the claimed sheep or masons, but we can discuss these things tomorrow. Though for you there is no guarantee my role is in the game there have been several indicators.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by d8P »

Oh yeah.

Vote VisMaior
. This is the third of the four required for a lynch.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by Fiasco »

TonyMontana and mikeburnfire are both proven innocent. There have to be at least two masons in the game (and almost certainly three for flavor reasons); no one else is claiming mason; therefore at least one of them is a mason; and since they confirmed each other as being mason, both are masons.

Squonk is also pretty much proven innocent, as my role pm mentions multiple shepherds, and no one else is claiming shepherd.

That means in the unlikely event that VisMaior does turn up sheep, you and I are the only possible scum, so I'm automatically voting for you. The others don't know for certain that I'm innocent, but if I'm scum then you need to explain why I was able to claim so quickly.

All this is probably moot, and I invite MBF or Squonk to cast the winning vote after giving VisMaior the chance to have a last word.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Post by Fiasco »

Also we now know there were only three cops, so Joseph and Mary were probably both sane. One of them had an innocent result on d8P.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by d8P »

There is never a guarantee that all masons are innocent, except (sometimes, even *coughmini237cough*) when the mod tells each mason so. As in sometimes there are masons who are also scum. If the masons have been explicitly told that this is not so here, that changes things but you can't take it for granted.
Squonk
Squonk
Townie
Squonk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Post by Squonk »

Any last words, VisMaior?
Just a pool of tears.....
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Hm, have fun without me?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Squonk
Squonk
Townie
Squonk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:04 pm

Post by Squonk »

Scum away!

Vote VisMaior
Just a pool of tears.....
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Post by VisMaior »

ack! :(
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Fiasco »

Good ack or bad ack?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:35 am

Post by VisMaior »

Depends. Good for you, bad for me.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by d8P »

Oh cool. I love it when they admit to being scum before twilight. So is that it from your scum team, Vis?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Day Eight Vote Count, Final:

VisMaior - 4 (Fiasco, TonyMontana, d8P, Squonk)

Not voting - 2 (VisMaior, mikeburnfire)
--------------------------------------------------
The pack mules are circled. The census has been taken. The star in the East has gone back to normal. And with a cheerful retort, the last member of the Holiday Mafia climbs the gallows.

VisMaior (La Befana, Mafioso), was lynched Day Eight.

The game is now over. The town (and the Baby Jesus) win!

I'll post roles and night actions shortly. First I want to thank VisMaior for stepping into a practically unwinnable situation, even though he didn't know it. I think he was just dying to get in since his ignoble D1 death. :D
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Baby Jesus -- d8P
(was SSB!)
You are the Baby Jesus. You're what this whole great rigmarole is all about. Later, you'll grow up to preach love, tolerance, and a better way of life. Following that, they'll nail you to a tree for it. Much, much later, millions of people will be persecuted in your name. Doesn't that make you want to cry? Well, here's your chance to get even. When you are targeted for some night actions, the perpetrators will look upon your tender and mild face (radiant beams optional) and be overcome with the desire to spend some time feeding the hungry and helping old ladies cross the street. Therefore, their action will fail.
You win with the Town.
Note: Only blocks the first action which targets him per night. No choice as to which action it is. He does not know this.

Mary -- This is not me
You are the arguably virgin Mary. You've been spending your time wandering from house to house, heavy with child, looking for… well, preferably an inn, but you'll take whatever you can find. You may investigate one player each night to learn their alignment. Should you discover the Baby Jesus, you will learn His role as well as His alignment.
You win with the Town.
Note: Naïve Cop; she thinks everybody is innocent. She will, however, find the baby Jesus correctly.

Joseph – Tyfo
You are Joseph, husband-to-be of Mary, and surrogate father of the Baby Jesus. As you might imagine, your "virgin" fiancée giving birth to a healthy baby boy has made you more than a little suspicious. You may investigate one player each night and learn their alignment.
You win with the Town.

Caspar -- mikeburnfire (was diggy (was dybeck))
You are Caspar, one of the Three Magi who have trekked a very, very long way, following yonder star, and whatnot. You are cranky, tired, and smell a bit of frankincense. Sadly, your Magihood extends you no special abilities. You are, however, aware of the identities of your fellow-travellers: You may consider yourself a Mason, with ______ & _______.
You win with the Town.

Melchior -- TonyMontana
You are Melchior, one of the Three Magi who have trekked a very, very long way, following yonder star, and whatnot. You are cranky and tired, and this idea about carrying a box of gold all the way to Bethlehem has long since gotten old. Sadly, your Magihood extends you no special abilities. You are, however, aware of the identities of your fellow-travellers: You may consider yourself a Mason, with ______ & _______.
You win with the Town.

Balthasar -- BabyJesus
You are Balthasar, one of the Three Magi who have trekked a very, very long way, following yonder star, and whatnot. You are cranky, tired, and smell a bit of myrrh. Sadly, your Magihood extends you no special abilities. You are, however, aware of the identities of your fellow-travellers: You may consider yourself a Mason, with ______ & _______.
You win with the Town.

Gabriel -- VisMaior
You are the Archangel Gabriel. You swoop about the heavenly spheres, making important pronouncements, delivering news of the weird, and seeing into the hearts of man, knowing their sins (which are many) and their virtues (which are few). Each night, you may investigate one player to learn their alignment. When you have determined whether or not your target is on the Heavenly Rolls, you may make an announcement of your results. If you choose to announce your findings, the Voice of Mod will proclaim them at daybreak, accompanied by trumpets. You do not have to reveal your role in order to make an announcement, but you do have to be alive at daybreak.
You win with the Town.
Note: Humans are wicked (Mary, Joseph, Magi, Sheperds, Innkeeper, and MMO'H), non-humans (Baby Jesus, angels, donkey, sheep, Holiday Mafia, and Mithras) are virtuous.

Donkey -- Thoth
You are but a humble Donkey, beloved of the infant Christ. Faithfully, you carried His mother into Bethlehem, and one day you will bear Him triumphantly into Jerusalem. You would do anything to protect Him. Therefore, you may target and kill one (hopefully scummy and Christ-hating) player each night (but hey, if you happen to miss and off a good Christian townie or two, who'll notice? They're all Two-Legged Oppressors anyway.)
You win with the Town.
Note: "Hoofprints to the forehead" if he kills. may be limited to 4 kills, determined if he asks (will consult with Orbiting).

Sheep (2) -- Fiasco (was NanookTheWolf), Puzzle
Baa! You are a Sheep. You have wandered into Bethlehem with your good friends, the Shepherds, to bear witness to the miracle of birth. Now, regarding your role, there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that as a Sheep, you have no special abilities. The good news is that this game is set in Bethlehem, not Scotland.
You win with the Town.
Shepherd (2) -- Fritzler, Squonk
You are a Shepherd. One night, as you were minding your own business in the fields, quite possibly with a bottle of moonshine, angels of the Lord (whom you probably found to be unnecessarily loud and bright, especially if you were near the bottom of the bottle) came unto you and said: Go Forth To Bethlehem And See Him Who Is Your King, and some other words that were capitalized even though there wasn't any need for it, strictly speaking. So you did go forth, albeit in lower case, and now, here you are. You have no special abilities, but hey, it's a couple of nights in from the wet, isn't it?
You win with the Town.
Innkeeper –- !Chucklez!
You are the Inn-keeper. We'll call you Bob, for short. Bob, you run a very successful little enterprise here in the heart of downtown Bethlehem, renting rooms by the hour or by the night to visiting tourists. Each night, you may choose one player to take a room at the Inn (send your choice to me, not them). This will protect them from being killed by night (the streets of Bethlehem, very dangerous, you know), but will also prevent them from taking any night action they may be entitled to.
You win with the Town.

Cherubim –- PookyTheMagicalBear
You are a choir of Cherubim. You're one of two ranks of angels dispatched to the scene of the Nativity by Mod Above. As the cherubim, you mainly flit about despising the Baroque period for reducing you from the sword-wielding badasses you once were to the fat, ruddy-cheeked child-angels you are today. You begin the game with no special powers, but if your superiors, the Seraphim, are unable to fulfill their duties to Mod, then you will receive new instructions.
You win with the Town.
Following the removal of the Seraphim:
All right, Cherubim, this is the voice of Mod. You're all alone down there without the Seraphim, and that means trouble! You will now assume the role of the Doctor. Once per night, you may target a player to protect from a night kill.

Seraphim –- Astronaut
You are a choir of Seraphim. You're one of two ranks of angels dispatched to the scene of the Nativity by Mod Above. As the Seraphim, you are a powerful protector, or as Quentin Tarantino might say, "A bad mother ****er for the Lord!". Each night, you may target one player and protect that player from a night kill.
You win with the Town.

Santa Claus –- Werebear
(was Coron)
You are the big man in the red suit himself, Santa Claus. This is your holiday this upstart brat is trying to horn in on, and there's no reason why you’ve got to stand for that sort of treatment. You're a corporate giant! People should respect that! So here's the deal. Each night, choose one of your holiday goons, or yourself, to target one player, and, well, hang them by the chimney with care, if you catch my meaning. You are the godfather of the Holiday Mafia, supported by your scummy, scummy crew, _________ (La Befana), and _______ (Mr. Tannenbaum).
You win by eliminating the Town before this Baby Jesus thing catches on.
Note: "Nails them to the mantleplace" if he is the killer.

La Befana –- VisMaior II
(was darquiel)
You're La Befana, an Italian witch who flies around on a broomstick at the holiday season, leaving presents for good little children, and coal for bad little children. You're a figure of legend, and you deserve respect. You just know this Baby Jesus fellow is going to be bad for the witching business someday, so you figure it's better to take him out now, while he's small and helpless. You are a member of the Holiday Mafia. Your partners are _____________(Santa Claus, godfather), and _________ (Mr. Tannenbaum). Each night, your group may target one player, and wrap them in a box with no airholes, if you get my drift.
Note: "Drops them from a great height" if she is the killer.

Mr. Tannenbaum –- rajrhcpfreak
You are Mr. Tannenbaum, an obscure Germanic figure who once represented the steadfastness, beauty and power inherent in the evergreen tree. Once you were the cornerstone of the holiday season, but those days are far behind you now. Too many competitors have pushed you out of the limelight, and this Baby Jesus fellow is threatening to be the final axe-blow to bring your popularity careening to earth. Better get rid of him now, while you still can. Each night, your group may target one player, and clear him from the forest, if you know what I mean. You are a member of the Holiday Mafia. Your partners are ____________ (Santa Claus, godfather), and __________ (La Befana).
Note: "Chops them down" if he is the killer.

Mithras –- Iammars
Let me break it down for you. You were born in an unlikely place, from a virgin mother, on or about December 25, and you're widely considered to be a representation of the Light of the World, Savior of Mankind, and the Intercessor between God and Man. Guess you know who you are, don't you? That’s right, you're Mithras, a middle-eastern deity of holy warfare worshipped by soldiers and the better sort of politician from the 1st century B.C. to the 5th century A.D. In fact, you bear a striking resemblance to this Baby Jesus fellow in a number of ways, which may come in handy. You think he's sort of a Johnny-come-lately, and he's starting to steal away bits of your mythology, to say nothing of your followers. You've got to put a stop to this, and there's only one way to do it: with the sword. Each night, you may target a player and accept an offering of his or her life's blood.
You are the Serial Killer. You win if you are the last player standing.
Note: Immune to all investigations. "Slits their throat" to kill.

Madalyn Murray O’Hair –- PeaceBringer
You are Madalyn Murray O’Hair, noted advocate of the separation of Church and State, and founder of the American Atheists. You are fully aware that people throughout history have celebrated the winter solstice for purely astronomical purposes, with no need for any sort of deity whatsoever. Your motto might be "Screw the Season, We Need More Reason!". You are here to spread the light of atheism and reject the darkness of superstition. As a Cult Leader, each night, you may target one player to discuss things with in an attempt to win them over to your side (send your choice to me, not them - I will tell you if you were successful).
You win when a majority of the remaining players belong to the Atheists.

Note: 50% chance to recruit non-humans. Dies if recruiting part of the Holiday Mafia or Mithras.
If there is a successful recruitment:
Congratulations, you have let the light of reason shine upon your benighted existence, and are now happily atheistic, along with Madalyn Murray O’Hair and her Cult of American Atheists! You may contact her and any other surviving cultists to discuss at night.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Night Actions:

Night One
  • This is not me - Investigated BabyJesus (innocent)
  • Tyfo - Investigated Astronaut (protown)
  • VisMaior - Investigated BabyJesus (soul stained with sin)
  • Thoth - No kill
  • !Chucklez! - Housed Fritzler for the night, stopping the recruitment
  • Astronaut - Protected TonyMontana.
  • Holiday Mafia - No choice sent in
  • Iammars - Killed Pooky
  • PeaceBringer - Tried to recruit Fritzler, who was unavailable
Day One
  • VisMaior (Gabriel) lynched.
Night Two
  • Tyfo - investigated BabyJesus (protown)
  • This is not me - tried to investigate Puzzle, but was blocked
  • Iammars tried to kill This is not me, who was unavailable
  • Astronaut tried to protect This is not me
  • PeaceBringer - tried to recruit rajrhcpfreak and died in the attempt
  • Thoth - killed BabyJesus
  • Holiday Mafia - missed their choice again. Godfather replaced!
Day Two
  • !Chucklez! lynched.
Night Three
  • Tyfo - investigated Puzzle (protown)
  • This is not me - investigated Fritzler (innocent)
  • Thoth - No kill.
  • Iammars - Tried to kill This is not me
  • Astronaut - Protected This is not me from dying
  • Holiday Mafia - No choice, for a third night
Day Three:
  • Werebear was lynched by 9/15, avoiding a deadline by a few hours
Night Four:
  • "Baby Jesus" replaced
  • Tyfo - Investigated This is not me (protown)
  • This is not me - Investigated Thoth (innocent)
  • Thoth - No kill
  • Iammars - Killed Astronaut, guessing right about the doctor
  • Astronaut - Protected This is not me from rajrhcpfreak
  • Holiday Mafia - Killed Thoth
Day Four:
  • Iammars lynched by 7/12 (unanimously, in fact)
Night Five:
  • Tyfo investigated d8Ρ - pro-town
  • Holiday mafia (darquiel) killed This is not me
  • This is not me's choice is suddenly irrelevant
Day Five:
  • Tyfo lynched by 6/10 (unanimously, again)
Night Six:
  • Holiday mafia (rajrhcpfreak) killed Puzzle
Day Six:
  • Group opts for a No Lynch (5/8 votes)
Night Seven:
  • Holiday mafia utterly failed to send in a choice, AGAIN
Day Seven:
  • mikeburnfire replaced diggy
  • Fiasco replaced NanookTheWolf
  • rajrhcpfreak was lynched
Night Eight:
  • VisMaior II replaced darquiel, then killed Fritzler
Day Eight:
  • VisMaior II was lynched by 4/6 (unanimously)
I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader why the Holiday Mafia lost...not because of SSB!/d8Ρ's invulnerability, (he
never got targeted by a killer the entire game
, despite falsely claiming Mason D1), but because they missed half of their choices!

PeaceBringer didn't fare much better, getting blocked his first night out, and killed the second by an unpleasant supernatural power who didn't believe in atheists.

After Day Five, the town never had another night action (except the Masons), yet somehow THAT was when you started lynching well. Well played, but I can't help feeling that another 2-3 successful kills by the Holiday Mafia could have swung things the other way... :x

Also, there never was a fourth cop. Don't try to outguess the mod. 8)
Last edited by Mr. Flay on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Great game everybody. Sorry I didn't help out a whole lot, but I guess it was already in the bag. :)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”