DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Jester wrote:Interesting, I slightly thought LMP was mafia when DGB asked me a question and LMP went, "Hammer first, ask questions later!"
Me too! I was sure LMP was scum for that hammer.

It's a good thing the scum NK'd me, I might have lost the game for the team!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Seacore wrote:Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of player interest in this game, I thought the set up was interesting and balanced. I suppose the lack of night kills combined with mislynches may have given the feeling of a ghost game? or maybe a bastard game?
Personally, I was dismayed that no one had any rolebased info on Day 3! I was thinking: "what are we supposed to do now???"

:lol:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Sorry scum. I think I played really badly in the end. Making such an obvious misspelling on the Darox NK. I just want to make sure that we were going to finally NK someone. My activity was pretty terrible (for me) and not intentional either. My quick lynch took me by surprise too. I was pretty certain that I was going to get lynch but I came up with an ingenious plan to help the NK's in the future. I was basically going to form a code from the QT. Basically if you said the word that was 'post 3, word 21' that would correspond to player A ect ect. I thought of so many codes after the game started that'd never EVER get found out. The code we decided on was pretty terrible in comparison. It started going very, very wrong for us when Veridis flaked during the lead up to night 2. We lost our nk choice order and I wasn't sure who was going to submit the next mispell. That's why both me and Thor both misspelled on day 3.

My Jester linkage was intentional. Glad that came off at least. Still a bit baffled as to how I came off as scummy in the first place. I was very worried about DGB at the start, especially as town had a tendancey to sheep her. Glad Thor tried his best to hive kick us out of the rut with the bussing.

@Ant B
Did you vote for a DGB nk the first night or a rosswilliam? I think the 'rosswillia' was unintentional?
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Hindsight:

if we were to have constructed the code again I would've suggested something like this. Having a saying or a word that would correspond to each person to signal the NK choice. Something like this:

LynchMePls = "fight, fight, fight"
Ghostlin = "by enlarge"
Xalxe = "fundamentally"
vezokpiraka = "jossling"
Dark Horse = "rudimentary"
Darox = "huzzah!"
VasudeVa = "fish in a barrel"
The Jester = "I'll drink to that"
DrippingGoofball = "cogs are turning"

I don't think that'd ever get figured out. After I figured this out I realised how bad our own code was and kinda thought we'd made it a lot harder on ourselves/lost already. Although, once Vasudeva pointed out my mispell I knew we were done. Thor put on a good show though but I knew that once someone spotted his 'darnox' misspell then it was all over.
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

That's really the hilarious thing, DGB, and I think it slowed us all down. We were actually looking for PRs and until VV indicated it was a mountainous, we finally, finally got it together. It all clicked.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by The Jester »

One moment of insanity had me believing it was Super Spys vs. Viktor Seacore Skümihosen. There aren't any henchmen, it's just us trapped in these cages forever! Rah-Ah-Aghh!

Then I meditated on various ways to kill a man with my bare hands and all was well again.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by Darox »

Mercilessly lynched a bunch of townies, got nightkilled, my death provided the crack for VV to bust the scum team wide open.
Could be worse.

In retrospect, considering I pegged veridis as a powerrole d1, by day 3 I probably should have realized probable mountainous + power role read = scum.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

DGB kill was weird. LMP was obvTown, why didn't he die?

Good game, Seacore. To be honest, I replaced in because I thought scum were owning this game and wanted another scum victory. When I got Town, I was like 'Oh shit. I have to read now.'. o.<

Catching the code was very memorable :D. I'm glad that people saw it too. I thought for sure it was going to be a bitch to make people agree with. I netting 2/3rds of the scumteam in a mountainous is AWESOME.

@Palmer: That code would be three times better actually.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Xalxe »

The Jester wrote:

Xalxe misspelled RossWilliam as RossVilliam in post 4. It's funny the misspelling was a scum-tell and town did it too.
I did? Whoops, I'm usually so good about that...oh, wait, #4? I vos usink my akzent.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 am

Post by AntB »

@Palmer
It was deliberate >.<

The attack plan was mis-spell based on rotation, I had the first night, veridis/Thor had second and palmer had 3rd. It was too flawed and we should have just gone with the back up plan of
D1: NK first non-scum player on sucessful wagon, D2, the second, D3, the third etc and loop it around if needed...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 am

Post by The Jester »

I assumed it was your accent, but it's still considered 'misspelling' in this context.

What do you do when you're asked a question where your honest answer is sketchy at best? When I was asked about my post misspelling vezokpiraka as vizokpiraka, I knew the answer. I type fast, and I didn't proofread. Tell the truth and hope it's doesn't turn into "K scum.", or what?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I told you veridis and palmetrou were scum .

I missed Antb but still.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

VasudeVa wrote:DGB kill was weird. LMP was obvTown, why didn't he die?
By the sheer fact Ghostlin didn't vote me earlier - LMP wasn't obvious town to the townie left. Also - I was honest about hating the replace ins, I'd not realized Ross WIlliams = LMP prior to my 'discovery' post.

DGB was killed for two reasons;

1. I hate random people in lylo - I get killed by random people in lylo.
2. She had been the intended NK Night 1, and two scum had voted her, so I was pretty sure there were misspellings that cleared her.

I'll also add a third - Ghostlin in endgame with Thor and DGB would *not* have looked scum. Both of us had called him scum for a while.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

Thor665 wrote:@LMP - I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm just asking clarification of why you think it's a good idea. I've seen town fumble up those sort of black/white things before and so usually I try to go with the attitude around the remarks as more accurate then the actual factual issues in play. Do you not find that functional? I was just curious if you had any relevant results from your play overall.
I'm not really sure what you're asking here Thor. Could you restate the question?

You said that you think that since both you and Ghostlin were challenging each other to produce misspellings that meant that any misspellings that existed weren't intentional, or they wouldn't be making the challenge. I'm just countering that notion with a scenario under which that isn't necessarily true (the "FBI" example). The point is that I can't trust either of you to not be making a bluff out of sheer bravado or an attempt to mask what you might know is actually there.

I looked through Ghostlin's ISO as well. In fact, in his very first post he says something in a joking way about misspellings that made me a bit nervous. But when I weighed each of these things against the entirety of your play, the only one of you two that made sense as the last scum was you.

I was pretty sure you were scum when you nudged me off my palmer read without ever really providing a justification for a "most town" read, brought up the AntB lynch but then bailed on it the first opportunity you got to push us towards DH mislynch, and then lastly when palmer turned out scum all along. Nothing in Ghostlin's play looked anywhere close to as damaging as all that material. As I said in my post "the cherry on top is the Darox misspelling". Humorously it wasn't even intentional. Talk about circumsantial evidence biting you in the ass!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Ghostlin »

On my part during Lylo, I knew that when Thor attacked me I had to fight back, even if he was town and if it meant a town loss (I was pretty certain he wasn't, he had successfully batted down two more things of my LMP case, such as it was against LMP, and the WIFOMsque part of the evidence pointed to him) because if I rolled over and died it would of been seen scummy. Town has no reason to give up; scum have much more reason to play ATE and the 'poor me' card in a lylo situation. I also knew we were in trouble if I was absent and LMP didn't see a response from me. The Ross Willia misspelling was a touch of serendipity, because if the mispell code was still in play Day 1, it gave me an effective proof that LMP was still town.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

Really, for town the big win (besides AntB and I not gelling on a NK) was LMP was so sure of himself - a lot of his case is circumspect and conditional enough I think if he'd asked me for it I could have easily fielded most of it with no issues whatsoever. The immediate hammer was a good thing in this case.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks to Seacore for modding!

Now can I get out of the cage?

The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by The Jester »

No, because "DrippingGoofball's skin, skeleton and organs melt away as the other caged victims watch on."

Compared to mine, "There is the sound of a loud crack as he snaps his own spinal cord. The manacles retract leaving his lifeless body on the floor. "

Reading through the others, I'm the most intact! Darox comes close only being cut up everywhere. Everyone else, well I advise against sneaking through the sewers.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I actually thought your death was the most amusing though - breaking your own back through laughter convulsions? That's sick.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Seacore »

I enjoyed writing the death scenes, I hope others didn't find them too morbid or grotesque.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

Post by AntB »

Should've been more gore, I was disappointed :P
Show

G+
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ant! You have to tell me - did you drop me any clues to choose DGB the night after palmer's lynch? Also - was all my VV = gawd discussion too vague as a clue to what I was thinking?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 am

Post by AntB »

I didn't get the chance to :P
Show

G+
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Fin
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal