LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

I have this massive wall of a case I'm typing up now on Thor. But, it's moot, since Ghostlin got there anyways. I do love that Thor posted this:
Thor665 wrote:1. You accuse me of not finding a misspelling of yours when you haven't produced one of mine.
Because the cherry on the top of my case was going to be:
Thor665 wrote:To-may-toe to-mah-toe, let DH bumble through his own little scum accusation on his own, I see little reason to help him - though find it hillarious he's calling me out for being veridis and then spends the bulk of that paragraph digging into AntB - lulz.

Only really great thing in last few pages.

Like Zaz less and LMP more.

So now we're caught up to game state and have a lot of suspects and, thanks to fail scum (to tag team with fail town) still plenty of lynch attempts to work through.

Vote: Dark Horse

Seriously now, why didn't this wagon happen yesterday?

LMP is town.
Darnox is town.
Palmer is town.

Undecided on most of the rest of you people whom I hate in horrible ways but I could happily lynch a couple of you, secondary preference is probably still Ghostlin but I could actually go for Ant the lurker, though if people want that one they better explain some sort of brilliance about how DH isn't scum first.
That comes from the day preceding Darox's NK. Plus, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of other times Thor spelled Darox's name right, and an n there isn't a fat-finger mistake. Ya, obv-scum is obv.

Vote: Thor665

I'm going to finish up my case though and post it anyways. For posterity's sake. Plus I've done 90% of the work anyways.

NOW POINTLESS CASE:

Spoiler: Thor is scum!!!
Case for Thor-scum:

First, lets examine Veridis, the slot that Thor replaces.
veridis wrote:I'm hoping DGB doesn't claim super-spy, she's previously softclaimed a PR.
Character claim is looking for the extra flavour in her role PM, the theme reason for her hated townie role.
From this I'm pretty confident saying you're vanilla or scum.

@DGB - I'd like to hear a character claim too.

FoS: Vezo for the vote jumping and third vote attention.
VOTE: Davox, his vote on Ross was terrible. (for the record I have no problem with Ross voting DGB for pressure, I'm undecided on how quickly Ross crumbled under pressure himself)
Rolefishing DGB's softclaim. Mispells Darox's name.
veridis wrote:Vezo on the other hand just gets worse and worse. 9 posts, 4 different votes, 2 without reasons (the first one I can forgive), and the 2 reasons she's given for her votes (DH being 3rd vote on wagon/bandwagoning, Palmer looking desperately for a lynch anywhere he can) apply just as much to her as to her accused.
VOTE: vezokpiraka
Palmer chainsaw defense.
veridis wrote:Hedging your bets a bit there aren't you Ghostlin? If you FOS enough one of your suspects is bound to have a wagon you can jump on.
I agree with your summary, but take a stand man. Sitting on the fence gets you nowhere and gets the game nowhere.

and DGB I'm still waiting for that proper case on Ross (or anyone else on your expanding scumlist for that matter)
"I agree with your summary, but take a stand"!? That's some huge double-think there.
veridis wrote:I was afraid to vote for Da
v
ox, the non-existant typo man.
Calls attention to the "typo".
veridis wrote:
palmertrou wrote:I kinda get why DGB thinks Vezok be town though.
Care to share? Because i really don't see it yet. 5 votes in 16 posts still looks off to me and his playstyle isn't redeeming at all.
First interaction between veridis and AntB or Palmer. Seems pretty safe. In veridis' whole ISO there is a shit ton of pushing for mislynches, wagon voting where necessary, and two safe palmer interactions. Not a single interaction of any kind with AntB.

Now on to Thor:
Thor665 wrote:Up through Page 11, and have assorted wild and crazy theory to spew about.

The short summation is mostly - palmer town, Jester town, Ghostlin scum, DH scum, and a side helping of I hate everyone but say it in whimsical ways to seem polite.
Jester town, but happily lynches Jester yesterday. palmer town, and we know how that turned out. Ghostlin scum, but he is playing it safe towards Ghostlin today. DH scum, but we know how that turns out. Couldn't be more wrong. Also in this post he has a spoiler tag that is "Brillaint(?) thoughts", but not a single one explains the palmer-town read. AntB is completely ignored.
Thor665 wrote:Post 316 by veridis when he notes that everyone is playing with a VI/jokey/hey I'm kooky/goofy playstyle is pure win and correct on so many levels I'm calling him town right now just so I have another solid platform to place a foot on in this drippy mess.

**SNIP**

I really should mention by this point I still have no read whatsoever on AntB. He is Mr. Slide under the radar this game. He needs to be a Doc and protect people so I can get a town read on him ;)

**SNIP**

At least she now thinks palmer is town, which is better than thinking him scum.
Calls his own slot town? DOES NOT COMPUTE. First mention of AntB is "Mr. Slide under the radar". But doesn't provoke the slot, or think anything scummy about that, wants hime to "be a Doc and protect people so I can get a town read on him". Why is it important to get a town read on him? Yet again, calls Palmer town, STILL 0 JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS.
Thor665 wrote:To-may-toe to-mah-toe, let DH bumble through his own little scum accusation on his own, I see little reason to help him - though find it hillarious he's calling me out for being veridis and then spends the bulk of that paragraph digging into AntB - lulz.

Only really great thing in last few pages.

Like Zaz less and LMP more.

So now we're caught up to game state and have a lot of suspects and, thanks to fail scum (to tag team with fail town) still plenty of lynch attempts to work through.

Seriously now, why didn't this wagon happen yesterday?

LMP is town.
Darnox is town.
Palmer is town.

Undecided on most of the rest of you people whom I hate in horrible ways but I could happily lynch a couple of you, secondary preference is probably still Ghostlin but I could actually go for Ant the lurker, though if people want that one they better explain some sort of brilliance about how DH isn't scum first.
AGAIN WITH THE PALMER TOWN! AGAIN WITH THE NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS. Note that every other read he has given he has made comments (in this post or previous ones) for why he has these feelings. Not so here. Also, we'll be coming back to this post at the end of the case.
Thor665 wrote:@LynchMePls - asked in a vacuum it can be hard to say since it's basically asking me to justify a negative, but my general feel is that he was scumhunting, I agreed with what he said, and he was an occasional relaxing beacon of sanity in the rest of the thread. Also, look at those ridonkulous catchup posts he did mid yesterday while catching up and with no real wagon pressure on himself. Yeah, I could buy scum going through that much work if their neck was in the noose and they were like "crappity-crap, gotta look town - WALL POST FYI!" but instead he does a catchup post that is basically far more work then I'd ever do even for a fresh replace in.

What's the case on him for scum in your eyes?
This is in response to my asking him "Why do you have a town read on palmer". Note the "well, I can't prove a negative" attempt to brush the question aside. Only when I go after him by specifically showing that I've already made a case on palmer does he eventually try to explain it. Also note that he has a town read on me, yet pretty much my entire contribution to this game had been "zOMG WE NEED TO LYNCH PALMER". And here he is all "What's the case?" DOES NOT COMPUTE.
Thor665 wrote:Overall I see some aspects to your case, but it mostly looks like a skeleton with some extra bits lobbed at for thickness and I'm just not seeing it as remotely as sturdy as you are. I think the worst is the vezok bit which is really a case on DH, not palmer at all. Half of the rest are tells I just don't see as scumtells.
Time to whip out the handy dandy BS-O-Matic9000(TM). This text, run through this highly sophisticated machine, returns the following result
BS-O-Matic9000 wrote:Overall, you have a pretty good case, but it has some pieces that I feel I can attack, and therefore I'm going to say that it's not as good as you think it is. Nevermind that none of these holes explain WHY I HAVE A TOWN READ ON PALMER, even though that is the original question you asked me. Despite the fact that I admit that there is "a skeleton" to your case, I still have maintained a "palmer-town" read with no justification. Please disregard this, and I hope you forget that I haven't really answered your orignal question.
It worked too, by the way. I never realized that he actually successfully avoided the original question which was why are you calling palmer town.
Thor665 wrote:@VV

palmer is scummy because Jester was going to be lynched and then palmer helped make it VV who was lynched - vote palmer!

^^^
This is vezok logic all over again, this only makes sense if Jester is town, why do you want to lynch palmer over Jester if palmer is scummy because he helped reverse a lynch on Jester? Am I a raving idiot here or are you? Please let me know.
More palmer defense.
Thor665 wrote:Lurky scum, maligned town, funny town, headache to get a read on - don't find him townish.

In that order.

You've basically got two of my strongest town reads down as your top scum reads. At least one of us is an idiot, and I never bet on myself in those matchups ;)
Here he calls AntB "lurky scum". Not just "lurker" but specifically "lurky scum". But no where in his ISO does he explain why AntB is scum. Maintains the palmer-town, going so far as to call him one of "my strongest town reads". Still no explanation for this position.
Thor665 wrote:I actually think I did a pretty solid Plamertown explanation when LMP asked me to respond to the palmer case he posted.
L O FUCKING L. Especially considering his "I can't prove a negative". Even if his rsponse to me was an explanation for why palmer wasn't scum it still doesn't explain such a solid town read.
Thor665 wrote:@LMP, your thoughts on AntB?
@Darox - same.
Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Dark Horse
Vote: AntB

Enough town reads see him as scummy that I'm happy with this, and I begin to question our ability to manage either the palmer or the DH lynch with anything resembling a functional majority as opposed to "ah, sheee-oot, deadline vote ftw!" and I hate those, don't you?

New flavor of the week, come on down!
Thor665 wrote:That got some interesting movement.

Darox, you weren't supposed to leave me on the wagon alone with them :(

@DH - sample of your AntB suspicions please?

@Ghostlin - I understand I am awesome in bearded form but I've made a total of two votes in this game and you've been on them like white on rice both times. What's up with that?
Thor665 wrote:You're all just trying to toy with my fragile emotions now, aren't you?

Unvote: AntB

@DGB
@Jester

You two alive, thoughts on current hot wagons?
I want to take this sequence all at once. Here we have "put out feelers on the guy I called 'lurky scum'". Once he sees that he can gain some town cred with a bus here, out it comes. However, he immediately starts hammering the others who join him on the wagon, discrediting his own position. Then, at the first opportunity, wham he's off pushing for a mislynch.
Thor665 wrote: That might have some teeth - palmer, Ant, Jester is a scum team I would buy. Didn't notice any Jester end of day misspellings though.

@VV - did you catch a Jester one, your scum list had me and him I'm guessing because we had misspellings?

As far as LMP goes - no, but was the AntB one? I was just backtracking from lynch looking for misspellings. And Duuuuuuur, I've been calling LMP town for some time - I even said I didn't like it when it implicated him. You needz readz morez.
Total 180 on "one of his strongest town reads".
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

LMP, I could hug you. As long as you aren't scum, town just won.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 am

Post by LimMePls »

Rest easy Ghost, I'm town. If I were scum I would have just hammered one of you in that "Posting to prove I'm town" post.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

Meh, misspelling is misspelled.

And dur, 180s are from acceptance of VV case.

The most sad/horrible part of your case is I honestly didn't know who my scumbuddies were when I wrote up my replace in post - so most of your bile is directed at legitimate writeups I was doing. I did think palmer looked town.

AH well, scum whiffed this one by developing a complicated and trackable in game method of lynch selection (and when Ant and I whiffed that last kill, the insta-win there would have been sweet and well deserved.)
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

Thor665 wrote:I did think palmer looked town.
Then why did you never explain said read?

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

To be honest I thought I did. ::shrug:: I don't ever really lie or misdirect as scum, that's part of how I play it. I just failed to explain the read to your level of justification - all the "dodges" you picked up on was me giving honest answers that had holes by happenstance. Same with all the misspellings - I did 0% intentional misspellings of any names in the entire game..
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

It was well played and it was down to a Lylo that forced me to fight back and trust that you were trying to get LMP to hammer me for the wrong reasons.

That could of easily gone to Town Loss, and could of gone to Town Loss previous to that if it was for VV, and in Lylo, LMP. And bussing your partners was the smartest thing you could of done, even if you played honest scum.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Frankly - I just wanted their numbers down so we could actually nightkill - that's why I was so willing to toss AntB the day I replaced in, and why I didn't push for Jester over either of the other two earlier. The big fail was last night - if AntB and I had pegged the same player we would have swept you guys easily. Unfortunately he didn't pick up on my request (officially it was my pick) and if he sent a request I missed it.

Honestly that's why I played up the 'speed' aspect. After Jester was implicated I was hoping one of them would be smart enough to just say "scum - kill XXXX" openly in thread and assure the NK for us. Neither of them was online or picked up on the hints I was dropping about that though. C'est la vie.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: if it wasn't for VV and LMP rather.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

You putting an N in Darox's name the day before he died was complete coincidence? That is hysterical.

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

It was my replace in post, I was still learning the names. It's really no stranger than Jester's misspelling - actually I'd sort of banked on misspellings when I started up the bussing action because everyone does it and usually I'm pretty good about not misspelling names. Just something about his name was blah to me, obviously.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 am

Post by LimMePls »

Thor665 wrote:It was my replace in post, I was still learning the names. It's really no stranger than Jester's misspelling - actually I'd sort of banked on misspellings when I started up the bussing action because everyone does it and usually I'm pretty good about not misspelling names. Just something about his name was blah to me, obviously.
It wasn't your first replace in post, it was well into your ISO. Regardless, taking you at your word, that is some coincidence. Pretty funny.

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

Though seriously and strategically speaking - it should have been fairly obvious that neither Ghostlin or I, if scum, had intentional misspellings because we were daring the other one to produce them. Therefore making any misspellings found not a scumtell. Unless your theory was we were bluffing and hoped no one would look. I think that was actually an unwise angle to your case.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

Thor665 wrote:it should have been fairly obvious that neither Ghostlin or I, if scum, had intentional misspellings because we were daring the other one to produce them.
I disagree. It could have been sheer bravado intended to dissuade anyone from looking. "Well, they must not be there, because clearly they wouldn't challenge us that way if they were" is bad logic.

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would agree with that except on something that can actually be researched and proven black or white/ true or false. Or do you find scum doing that often?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

It doesn't matter if it's something that can be "researched", it was my opinion, and as far as I can see, it's a fairly logical opinion. Just because someone says "Sure FBI, come in my house and look around, I've got nothing to hide" doesn't mean that said person actually has nothing to hide.

V/LA on weekends
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Seacore »

Final vote count 7

Ghostlin (1) -
Thor665

Thor665 (2) -
Ghostlin, LynchMePls

With 3 alive, 2 votes were needed for the lynch

The lights above Thor665's cage light up and he accepts his fate. "Ah well, I put up a good fight" he says to himself more than anybody. The cage door opens but he knows this isn't release, and steps calmly from his cage, towards his death. A door on the opposite wall opens up, and a robotic Chuck Norris steps forward. Several round house kicks to the face later, Thor665's body lay bruised, broken and bleeding on the floor. This has finally given Ghostlin and LynchMePls enough time to hack into their controls.

Engines flare beneath their cages and these makeshift rockets fly towards freedom. They will return and defeat von Skümihosen one day.

Thor665 was the last of
von Skümihosen's minions

Spies win, congrats.

I'll post my thoughts in a bit.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Game MVPs:

LMP
with valuable assists from VV
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

*blush* Thanks DGB.

I would like to point out that:
Me wrote:TOWN
ZazieR
DrippingGoofball
Dark Horse
Darox
vezokpiraka
Ghostlin
veridis
The Jester
AntB
palmertrou
SCUM
From my catchup post was so awesome. All 3 scum in the bottom 4. If I hadn't let Thor talk me into that DH lynch I'd feel much better about this game.

V/LA on weekends
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 am

Post by chesskid3 »

DH is always a good lynch
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Xalxe »

*applause*
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by The Jester »

Interesting, I slightly thought LMP was mafia when DGB asked me a question and LMP went, "Hammer first, ask questions later!"

Xalxe misspelled RossWilliam as RossVilliam in post 4. It's funny the misspelling was a scum-tell and town did it too.

Fun set-up, I'm happy I thought of a kill-list before the game started. Much better than typo signaling.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Jester - agreed - if I'd been there from the getgo scum would have had a kill list pre set-up and town would have paid for mislynching three times in a row.

@LMP - I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm just asking clarification of why you think it's a good idea. I've seen town fumble up those sort of black/white things before and so usually I try to go with the attitude around the remarks as more accurate then the actual factual issues in play. Do you not find that functional? I was just curious if you had any relevant results from your play overall.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Game MVPs:

LMP
with valuable assists from VV
Seconded. Day 2-3 before the replacements almost killed town because we didn't care anymore. I did have a point where I was thinking (and this isn't against you, Seacore) 'get me out of here, I don't want to play anymore.' The second half of the game tho was exciting, where it turned into a verbal fencing match between me and Thor at Lylo and LMP making the king making decision to break the game open for town.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of player interest in this game, I thought the set up was interesting and balanced. I suppose the lack of night kills combined with mislynches may have given the feeling of a ghost game? or maybe a bastard game?

Having a kill list decided at the beginning is one option, and it's good, but it's not flexible to the game, and sometimes the scum need that, to kill somebody who has quietly worked out who the scum are. LMP would have been a great early lynch, like, as soon as he replaced in.
The problem with the code that was chosen was that scum accidentally misspelled and missed deliberate misspelling. They also shouldn't have passed around the slot that had to do the misspelling, because that ended up killing them all. since as soon as palmer got spotted, AntB and veridis's misspells were seen.

Personally, I would have gone with either an alphabetic or OP list order kill list. And on the 3rd or 4th day, I would have skipped somebody, just for the added wine of "Hey, these were in order, but they skipped Jim, he must be scum!"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”