Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Fate »

SpyreX enables powers by giving his scumbuddies two kills to help out with DEM SETUPZ.

His Normal Power is REDACTED, maybe even role-blocker.

I MAN CAN DREAM
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Sevei »

Written a while ago, before dinner and family time and the claiming business:
MasterSpy wrote:
Sevei wrote:Mina/MS: Why did you only consider me as a possible partner of SS and Plum until Quadz died?
I’m not going to speak for Mina. I don’t generally look for teams myself. I think you could easily be scum and have thought so since I replaced it. Notice that my first post keep questioning the ‘Town’ read everyone had on you?

1. For all the reasons elucidated before. Up until today you hopped in, make a post that looks like scum-hunting but was simply parroting, and disappear. That’s classic stay under the radar early game play.
2. You've contained your reads into a narrow band, not committing to very much to keep your options open.
3. Your claim to being the One Ring, Neighborizor, doesn’t make any sense from a Town perspective. If you didn’t already notice Town already has confirmed Masons and AGM’s claim of information sender. Set-up wise it doesn’t make a ton of sense to have Town aligned semi-redundant roles (Likewise I don’t believe that both Gandalf and VV are both Town).
1. I don't think I was parroting the argument about Plum; my first post was sorting it all out--things were a confused mess and the things people were arguing about were NOT the original claim at all. I saw scum at work in the confusion, trying to distract and redirect the argument away from Edge's original observation, which I thought made a lot of sense. Plum failed to convince me of her innocence in her subsequent replies.

2. I don't like to give lots of reads because I am of the school of thought which says giving "you" all of my reads makes it easier for "you" to manipulate me (generic "you").

3. I'm reasonably sure the masons are/were alignment-confirmed, but my role is NOT alignment-confirmed, and the neighbor of the night depends on how the vote goes during the day. Both scum and town can come into possession of the ring, but I personally don't do anything but talk to whoever gets it. Think about it: if you are scum, you should know your buddies' claims; you would know if one of them was secretly the One Ring. Therefore you would know the One Ring wasn't one of your buddies and would behave accordingly in the QT. You wouldn't stop playing the game just because you were in a QT, so it isn't really like being a mason or message-sender at all. (Also, as AGM may never get the ring, his power may never be used.) It makes plenty of sense and it's actually a pretty fun mechanic. I'll let you take that up with Andy.

@FATE: The One Ring in the first game was Mordor aligned, and it was a traitor to the Isengard faction, was it not? It's true heart is with Sauron, and it tries to destroy the good-aligned peoples of Middle-earth by corrupting them with promises of power, or in Gollum's case, sushi. Meanwhile, those good people would like to melt the ring in the fires of Mount Doom, which doesn't really appeal to it at all. Think about what you said and try to explain why the ring would want to go merrily off into the sunset with one of the "heroes." IT WOULDN'T.
MasterSpy wrote:
Sevei wrote:Quadz never clarified how many people visited Edge on N1. In fact, he deliberately made a point of hiding the number of people when he claimed.
Um I disagree whole-heartedly. Because quadz saying “1 OF THEM WAS GANDALF” inherently implies that more than one person targeted Edge. And don’t say the other person was Quadz himself. That’s implied by his claim.
He used plural pronouns, but he also deliberately "[redacted]" his exact number of reads. I never said that the other person would be Quadz; what I am saying is that Quadz seems to have been hiding an exact number because he may have thought he was protecting town PRs. (i.e., He saw someone get a successful "investigate"; I'm guessing with both his Watcher AND his Voyeur abilities he got both name and action rather than just one or the other.)
MasterSpy wrote:
Sevei wrote:So, on N1, Edge was watched AND roleblocked by Quadz, who was most definitely Town.

Therefore, either a) another town blocker stopped the kill; b) there was no kill; or c) Quadz blocked the kill.
In light of above you are missing d) Gandalf blocked the kill.

Additionally b is stupid in context unless the Mafia are absolute morons.
Yeah, I wasn't serious about the "B" option, but I was listing all options I could think of. If you go back and read my next couple of posts, you will see that I discuss your "D" quite a bit; it's the reason I'm NOT VOTING FATE.

Present:

MasterSpy...
In Mina-head's last post, she wrote about how MoI warned and warned her about Fate's tendency to mercilessly buss someone.
MS-Mina wrote:Magna keeps warning me Fate is a ruthless busser, but I entertain Fate being evil, I will spiral into madness. So...no. Never mind that gandalf the protective role targeted him when there was no Mafia kill.
Yet when I bring up this entire thing about the roleblock, MS NEVER entertains the possibility that Fate was the roleblocked scum killer in his subsequent posts and focuses mostly on SS and a little on me. Considering Mina's revelations about how MoI was concerned about Fate bussing Plum, AND her little "teehee nevermind THIS RIGHT HERE" comment that suggested EXACTLY WHAT MY CLAIM ABOUT QUADZ DID, then why avoid the issue altogether once I've claimed it in the open?

Singer:
Based on conversations in the QT, I am reasonably sure VV is town. Because Quadz didn't see him target Fate on N1 that has to mean he was roleblocked, and we know that Quadz, town blocker, did not block him. This means either someone else is a secret town roleblocker or that the scum have a roleblocker.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Something's not adding up.

It MAY be MS but I doubt that and that still doesn't explain the other.

False inventor?

------

God in heaven Fate you know I would have done SOMETHING to get the ring for double kills if I was scum early.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Fate »

Clarify what your BS normal ability does Spy, and then we'll talk about lynching Sevei instead.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'm not logging into MasterSpy for this ... I'm fucking exhausted from cleaning up Brotherhood. Andy, sorry but you will have to live with this one.

I'm Khamul The Black Easterling, second in command to the Witch-King.

I'm the brains behind the brawn as it were.

Normal Power - Swordsmith - Each night I can check a player to see if they have a sword capable of delivering a Nightkill.
Super Power - RoleCop - When imbued I can determine the true role of any player.

Night 1 - Checked Hohum. Had Sword. Mina and I fought as I wanted to check Fate, busser extraodinare. I let Mina have it when she went all angsty on me. This is why I was so pissed when Mina didn't vote for Hohum immediately after he claimed non-Mordor killer and we had a fucking guilty.
Night 2 - Checked Gandalf. Had no Sword. It was either him or VV since I doubt very highly there are two full protective roles among Town and Gandalf's mega-sheep didn't read normal to either of us.

The flavor of last night's kill (shot between the eyes) tells me scum have a 'godfather' role to my Swordsmith who uses a bow to kill. I suspect based on phrasing that the Role Cop would see past that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I Search for Gandalf. If I find them, they die.
Show

Proud member of BaM
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by singersigner »

Fate wrote:VV claimed targeting me N1, Quadz CONFIRMS this didn't happen. If VV is town then scum HAVEA ROLEBLOCKER.
Herpaderp. You're right.

THEN VV NEEDS TO GET THE POWERZ SO HE'S NOT ROLEBLOCKED.

Preview Edit: Sevei...yeah, lol, Fate's helped me figure it out. D1 seems to far away now...

Oh yeah, so my role name is Annatar...now that people are claiming names and shit.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Fate »

Good stuff.... Good stuff indeed.

I'm guessing VV is LEGOLAS (Andy would so give him that role), and his failed gambit was all "I IZ GODFATHERS TEHEEE I CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS CLAIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something to that effect.

Alas,

Waiting on that fullclaim Spy.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Fate »

SpyreX wrote:I Search for Gandalf. If I find them, they die.
/glare

That's not how you claim.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I already claimed what do you want from me GOOOSHHH
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Fate »

N1... N2....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

Is there anyone who hasn't pretty much claimed everything yet?

I like tomatoes.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Fate »

You.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohhhhhhhh

To paraphrase, I quoted Andy where he said in the queue thingy that only characters that lived. Then asked if it was a joke. And got an awesome emote back saying it was.

So I haven't done anything at night YEEHAW
Show

Proud member of BaM
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

I claimed giving AGM a gift N1, and quadz N2.
I claimed my name was Annatar.
I claimed I don't know what the gifts are, but that they have the potential of being used during the day or night (at the discretion of Andy, depending on what the girl is)

The only thing I didn't clarify yet was what they have to do to use them. If I'm imbued, they can use them no matter what. If not, they forgo their night action. Which is why you'd be perfect to gift if you don't have a night action to forgo.

Preview Edit: Uh...WUT.

I like tomatoes.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

WUT IS HELPFUL

Why AGM N1?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Fate »

SpyreX wrote:Ohhhhhhhh

To paraphrase, I quoted Andy where he said in the queue thingy that only characters that lived. Then asked if it was a joke. And got an awesome emote back saying it was.

So I haven't done anything at night YEEHAW
There's nothing I can do to save you, you realize that right?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Fate »

She already said why she gifted AGM N1
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont know what to tell you maaaan

I got that stupid emote and went woooooo

And I really didn't want to shoot in the dark for give me prizes ohh look what I did.

So, if I'm getting lynched, lets work out what the hell ACTUALLY is going on before I die.

Because its not adding up and I'm missing a key piece somewhere.

Preview:

Ohh this:
Yes it was from me. I don't know what it is, but I do know what you have to do in order to use it...which is why I figured you'd be a good choice, since you didn't get imbued, and at this point won't need to...
Lemme go check something
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hrm nope. I thought she imbued AGM D2 but no sir.

I don't get it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

Spyrex, what do you think of MasterSpy?

Preview Edit: Oh, maybe confusing because I said it should show up at the beginning of D2...

What don't you get?

I like tomatoes.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Fate »

MasterSpy has a sexy claim.

I might even imbue him tomorrow depending on how things go.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by singersigner »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:The flavor of last night's kill (shot between the eyes) tells me scum have a 'godfather' role to my Swordsmith who uses a bow to kill. I suspect based on phrasing that the Role Cop would see past that.
Can you clarify this? I don't want to draw any incorrect conclusions, but does this mean you think mafia's regular flavor is killing with a bow? And if you're imbued, you can see through a Godfather?

I like tomatoes.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Fate »

There are obviously mafia that kill with a sword, aka MY CHARACTER from last game and whoever else, and mafia that kill with a BOW like Legolas.

A role cop would see the player's ROLE, aka if a player was immune to swordsmithing due to having a bow his ROLE would still show up to the role cop.

That's all there is to it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”