SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:51 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

OK, I've received my role, and I think it makes sense for me to claim right away.

I am a tabloid reporter. Each night, I must invent a contrived, wacky role for another player. I expect there is some sort of non-sane coplike role who is intended to be mislead by my inventions. I want to tell you beforehand exactly what I am doing, so if anybody comes accross these roles, you will know they are fake.

Perhaps tonight we'll have a "Giant Rutabega That Shoots Lasers Out of Its Ass", a vigilante who has a 25% chance of killing 3 random players instead of the intended target.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:29 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Falcone wrote:Or is it that you can "write" a role for someone, and then when that person is investigated by a role cop, he gets to see his new wacky role instead of his real one? The latter seems more likely, and also more consistent with the flavour of a "paparazzo".
I write a role for somebody each night. I know it to be a fake, but I don't know anything else for sure. Seems by far most likely that it screws with a rolecop, but I can't really say.
Green Crayons wrote:However, it doesn't make sense to have a town role be harmful only to the town. Therefore, simple deduction means that there's probably a mafia investigator or somesuch that gets role names.
Could be, but pro-town players with anti-town roles are possible. Ever heard of a paranoid cop?
Green Crayons wrote:I agree that it was a bad idea to claim today [...] I just see this claim as a misjudgement in timing
OK, maybe it would have been better for me to claim tomorrow instead of today. But I stand by the idea that claiming early is correct.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

There is nothing to lose by revealing flavor, if the mechanics are already out of the bag.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:14 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

BabyJesus wrote:1) SpeedyKQ, do you pick which players gets your fake role?
Yes. But I need to ask the mod if I'm allowed to target the same person over and over again or not.

I need to give this game a good read to look for scumminess. I admit I've mostly been worried about how to deal with my own role so far.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:42 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Just finished a reread. I think people are too quick to let Graken off the hook. I can totally see a newer player trying to be slick with something like this. I don't want to lynch him just yet, but we really shouldn't consider him confirmed. Besides, the more we express doubt over his innocense, the more likely he is to be spared by the scum if he really is a cop.

And why do people think I should target Graken with my ability tonight? The big downside to that is it prevents a real cop/second cop from checking him. I'm thinking I should target myself, and to keep me honest I suggest somebody else choose the rolename and ability.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Wow, all I said was we shouldn't consider Graken confirmed. And we shouldn't. I make no apologies for that, but don't think we should lynch him just yet either.

I've said this before, but I claimed because my role probably doesn't help the town, and I want to minimize the damage. I think I had a very good reason for claiming.

Having somebody else come up with the rolename to assign to myself makes the most sense to me. I'll still be just as checkable by a cop, but not mess with any other investigation capability.

And if there is another cop, I sure do think they should check Graken, for no other reason besides two cops in a 12 person game is pretty unusual.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:31 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

GC, I
don't have a choice
as to whether I can use my role or not. If I did, I would have kept my mouth shut about it and never used it.

If I knew more about how the mod's setup used my role creations, I would tell you. I am pretty sure that whatever role abilities I write aren't actually given to the person, though.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Falcone wrote:3. He proposes a plan that would conveniently make himself investigation-immune.
Green Crayons wrote:Reasons four, five and six coincide with Falcone's three.
I call crap-logic, this makes no sense. I challenge either of you to explain why my giving myself a rolename of somebody else's choosing would make me investigation-immune.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:19 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

If I put a fake role on Graken, and another cop checks Graken, there is a risk that the cop would see my fake role and Graken would become uncheckable. (If my fake roles mess with investigations, which is only speculation.)

If I put a fake role on myself, and a rolecop checks me, they will either see my real role (Tabloid Reporter) or the made-up role, but either way I can be verified.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:34 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Falcone wrote:Likewise, targeting Graken would prevent a rolecop from checking if he really is a cop,
This would be undesirable, no?
Adele wrote:Any flavour for why a tabloid reporter's a good guy?
Not really. My role doesn't even include a win condition, just a description. I've been assuming that means I win with the town...
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:12 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Since I doubt I'll be around much longer, let me share some final ideas which I hope you'll pay attention to once my innocense is confirmed.

BabyJesus can't count but I think he probably isn't scum.

Dodgy and Adele are at the top of my suspicion list. Dodgy especially should be watched carefully - his posts are full of little scum tells. He was way too indignant about the early claims, he needs to tell us he's pro-town, he needs to tell us he doesn't know who is scum, and he seemed glad to point out the easy excuses for this bandwagon on me. In fact, for what it is worth,
vote Dodgy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”